Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,773
    So Luck has to have a serious injury, right? He's so off on so many throws....missed so many wide open guys last night.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951

So Luck has to have a serious injury, right? He's so off on so many throws....missed so many wide open guys last night.

I picked a Colts/Cowboys superbowl :confounded:

I'm going to blame it all on injuries haha
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Bad news: Colts are 3-5

Good news: Still a lock to win their division +

A severe case of JayCutleritis
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,794
    Colts suck. Badly.
    I, however, can throw no stones. The 49ers' meltdown continues as they trade Vernon Davis and make the baffling move of announcing that they are benching their QB the day before trade deadline. WTF? Why not try and trade him for an old sofa or a case of FourLoco for the team to drink before their next game? I can see if they are spent on him and think he is broken and want out of the contract (they can cut ties at the end of any year on the deal) -- but why not try and trade him as you head toward picking Goff?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,773

Colts suck. Badly.
    I, however, can throw no stones. The 49ers' meltdown continues as they trade Vernon Davis and make the baffling move of announcing that they are benching their QB the day before trade deadline. WTF? Why not try and trade him for an old sofa or a case of FourLoco for the team to drink before their next game? I can see if they are spent on him and think he is broken and want out of the contract (they can cut ties at the end of any year on the deal) -- but why not try and trade him as you head toward picking Goff?

Man, what the hell happened with that team? Still can't believe they were in such a hurry to get rid of Harbaugh. This Tomsula guy is a complete joke....seems like York and Baalke were just lookking for a yes man. Crazy when egos get in the way like this. I would be infuriated if I were a 49ers fan.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,422
    If you are in a 29 Club, you really got shafted this week!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,794
    Yes, it is a pisser. Team went from irrelevant to completely relevant back to irrelevant very quickly.
    I understand why they suck this year -- Caveman coach in and great D Coord and asshole's asshole Harbaugh (who did an amazing job coaching) gone, half the team's good players either left via FA or retired.
    They probably have 10 very good players now. Issue is that none of them play QB and that you need 22 good players.
    They play the Lions this year in the Toilet Bowl to see who drafts #1.
    Gabbert is horrible.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    I believe 49ers brass is happy about this season. They went from being one of the oldest teams to the 3rd youngest in one offseason. They hired Tomsula as he is easy to fire. Had they hired Gase or a young coordinator you are committing to multiple seasons. They wanted to blow some shit up and now they can sell it easily to the fans who just dumped thousands into personal seat licenses on the new stadium. I also doubt anyone would trade for Kap with his contract knowing the 49ers will be cutting him in the offseason. You can probably sign him for super cheap on a short term prove it deal in the offseason. They say they want to see Kap back on the field in a few weeks. Liars. His deal is injury guranteed. He never takes another snap as a 49er. Same reason RG3 will never take another snap with the Skins. Those guys are 1 injury away from you owing them millions.

At this point go for 2-14. Don't over use Hyde when he comes back. The signing of Piere Thomas hopefully means they won't. Preserve Hyde's young legs for the next few years.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,537
    Cowboys release Joseph Randle
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    I believ e Krapernick's deal can be severed at the end of any given year, team has an option. If that would trade who it so say they could not have picked up a 6th rounder from someone who has an few extra picks and might take a flyer. Oh well, we will see what the offseason brings. (Goff)
  • Options
    As long as he is traded or cut by April 1, the 49ers owe him not a penny more. If he is still on the active roster April 1, he will be guaranteed $31M from 2016-2018.
  • Options
    Who wants to pay Kap 18 million next season? Its why I don't think you would find a single taker on the trade market. Someone will sign him for a 2 year 20 mi deal with nothing guranteed beyond a small signing bonus after he is cut.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,624
    I so want cam newton to get his ass smacked in a first round playoff game.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,624
    I'm pretty excited for the Blaine Gabbert Era to begin.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive said:

Almost the same thing: I'm excited for the Kaepernick Era to finally end.
  • Options
    It would be funny to see Gabbert get 2-3 wins.
  • Options
    Jason P said:

It would be funny to see Gabbert get 2-3 wins.

Not if you are a 49ers fan. Understand why it would be for a Colts fan or other teams. I want Gabbert to blow worse that Krap did and then they can get a new QB and a new backup QB.
  • Options
    My predictions: Colts go 8-8, win their division, beat the 13-3 Bengals in the wild card, and then lose 84-17 to either Pats or Broncos.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,277

imalive said:

what is it about Kaepernick that you guys don't like so much? Eagles fan here so honestly haven't seen much of Kaepernick in the past 2 years.

some interesting stats here:
    QB1 - 117-216 54.2% completion rate, 7.1 per pass, 11 TDs, 8 INTs, rating 78.1
    QB2 - 144-243 59.3% completion rate, 6.7 per pass, 6 TDs, 5 INTs, rating 78.8
    QB3 - 167-266 62.8% completion rate, 7.0 per pass, 7 TDs, 11 INTs, rating 75.1

QB1 and QB3 are both 7-0 while QB2 is at 2-6. Not much difference in their stats though:

QB1 Cam Newton, 2 Kaepernick, 3 Peyton Manning.
  • Options
    If Kaepernick injures himself in practice, does he still get his money next year?
  • Options
    Someone should let Kaep know that the Mets are still paying Bobby Bonilla $1.2M a year until 2035. Now that's a contract.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    pjhawks said:

imalive said:

what is it about Kaepernick that you guys don't like so much? Eagles fan here so honestly haven't seen much of Kaepernick in the past 2 years.

QB1 and QB3 are both 7-0 while QB2 is at 2-6. Not much difference in their stats though:

I think all three of them suck :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,442
    edited November 2015

pjhawks said:

imalive said:

yeah i'm not sure what the point was but i think most people would not label cam newton as a good quarterback, though he can be highly entertaining at times. peyton has been pretty bad and is on his last legs this year. and then there's kaepernick who has regressed each of the last 3 years and now is rightly compared to these guys, bottom tier qbs in the league up to this point.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

imalive said:

yeah i'm not sure what the point was but i think most people would not label cam newton as a good quarterback, though he can be highly entertaining at times. peyton has been pretty bad and is on his last legs this year. and then there's kaepernick who has regressed each of the last 3 years and now is rightly compared to these guys, bottom tier qbs in the league up to this point.
    i would agree that none of the 3 are very good. just interesting that two are at 7-0 and one at 2-6 with essentially the same stats. it's why i asked the San Fran fans for their opinions on Kaepernick.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

imalive said:

i would agree that none of the 3 are very good. just interesting that two are at 7-0 and one at 2-6 with essentially the same stats. it's why i asked the San Fran fans for their opinions on Kaepernick.

Two great defenses. The Niners d probably masked a lot of Kap's deficiencies and Harbaugh is a hell of an offensive coach. The guy took Alex Smith to conference championship game. Losing him was a huge blow.

Also, stats don't show the full picture. As bad as Peyton's been, he's stepped up when he had to a few times this year when they needed. Don't think you can say the same for Kap.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

imalive said:

Two great defenses. The Niners d probably masked a lot of Kap's deficiencies and Harbaugh is a hell of an offensive coach. The guy took Alex Smith to conference championship game. Losing him was a huge blow.

Also, stats don't show the full picture. As bad as Peyton's been, he's stepped up when he had to a few times this year when they needed. Don't think you can say the same for Kap.
    didn't know you were a San Francisco fan. :smirk:
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Jason P said:

My predictions: Colts go 8-8, win their division, beat the 13-3 Bengals in the wild card, and then lose 84-17 to either Pats or Broncos.

I'm still foolishly holding out hope. They played the Pats better than anybody else, til the fake punt and there have been other stretches of good play. There have been plenty of teams back into the playoffs and make a run. They're still the front runners in their division.

Getting rid of Pep was a nice step. He's just horrible, with no business being on an NFL staff. I'm hoping it's a spark more than a white flag and I think with somebody like Luck, the players will keep their confidence and they at least have a chance.
  • Options
    Almost all of Kap's positive number came in 2 games (Giants and Ravens). If you take those 2 out it is Ryan Leaf bad.

I rooted for Kap and had high hopes for him until now. For both parties sake he needs to move on. 49ers brass are ass suckers who have chased many people out of town. They leaked stories about Singletary and Harbs to serve their own purpose. I wouldn't have put it past them to have leaked all these stories about Kap in the locker room as well. My issue with Kap has always been he can't beat a good defense. He never could, Harbs and the team were just better in the past. Look at all of Kap's 4th quarter failures over the years. I think he can still win in the NFL but he has to have a very good offensive coach and a very good o-line. He has neither in San Fran right now. Not his fault and after what happened he needs a fresh start and 49ers need a new everything, including an owner who isn't Satan.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

imalive said:

didn't know you were a San Francisco fan. :smirk:
    i'm a guy who has watched san francisco play. you actually did not ask for only san fran fans for their opinions in your original post.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Jason P said:

I'm still foolishly holding out hope. They played the Pats better than anybody else, til the fake punt and there have been other stretches of good play. There have been plenty of teams back into the playoffs and make a run. They're still the front runners in their division.

Getting rid of Pep was a nice step. He's just horrible, with no business being on an NFL staff. I'm hoping it's a spark more than a white flag and I think with somebody like Luck, the players will keep their confidence and they at least have a chance.
    Chudzinski is a Pagano guy and the person Pagano wanted to be the O.C. before getting overruled by Grigson. It will be interesting to see if this saves Pagano's job and turns the team around.