Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,424
    Here's What I Don't Like About Colin...

A typical 49ers pass play consists of Kaepernick taking a snap, seeing his #1 target isn't open, panicking, and taking off running. Constantly misses wide open receivers (again, because he only looks for his primary target). Burns unnecessary timeouts because he doesn't pay attention to the play clock. Fires every ball like Randy Johnson trying to win the World Series when sometimes you just need a soft touch over the defender.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802

A typical 49ers pass play consists of Kaepernick taking a snap, seeing his #1 target isn't open, panicking, and taking off running. Constantly misses wide open receivers (again, because he only looks for his primary target). Burns unnecessary timeouts because he doesn't pay attention to the play clock. Fires every ball like Randy Johnson trying to win the World Series when sometimes you just need a soft touch over the defender.

From a Niners fan...I think you got it pretty well here. You left out that he is a fucking giant asshole to everyone around him. That doesn't help --- if he is leading the team and playing well it is worked around, but when he sucks it comes out to the open.
    I look forward to the next QB (Goff?) we have who will drop back and read the coverage/routes and find an open 3rd or 4th option. If it is Goff perhaps it won't happen in year one...pretty tough stuff to be a QB in the modern NFL, but I want to have a passing game again. With Kaep it was feast or famine...and too little feasting. The guys is amazingly talented with his legs and he has a rocket for an arm....but between the ears I fear there is little activity in the way of NFL level processing.
    Sorry bro -- if you had only had success on 1st and goal in New Orleans a few years ago the Kaep era would be looked back on fondly. However you did not and it will end up being a blip on the radar.

Better than Gio Carmozzi or Timmy Rattay I guess.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Amazing stat I read yesterday, the Lions have had 16 head coaches since 1957 and none of them have had a another head coaching job after they've left Detroit. Unreal.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I feel no pity for a team that hired Jim Caldwell as their coach.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    Cle got killed in the most predictable TNF game this year. Happy I didnt watch.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,424

From a Niners fan...I think you got it pretty well here. You left out that he is a fucking giant asshole to everyone around him. That doesn't help --- if he is leading the team and playing well it is worked around, but when he sucks it comes out to the open.
    I look forward to the next QB (Goff?) we have who will drop back and read the coverage/routes and find an open 3rd or 4th option. If it is Goff perhaps it won't happen in year one...pretty tough stuff to be a QB in the modern NFL, but I want to have a passing game again. With Kaep it was feast or famine...and too little feasting. The guys is amazingly talented with his legs and he has a rocket for an arm....but between the ears I fear there is little activity in the way of NFL level processing.
    Sorry bro -- if you had only had success on 1st and goal in New Orleans a few years ago the Kaep era would be looked back on fondly. However you did not and it will end up being a blip on the radar.

Better than Gio Carmozzi or Timmy Rattay I guess.
    Totally forgot about Carmozzi! Don't forget J.T. O'Sullivan. And only sliiiiiiiightly better than Shaun Hill statistics-wise, but Hill had a terrible team to work with.
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    Fuckin A. I want something really, really bad to happen to Hardy, Goodell, and anyone else involved.
  • Options
    I can't get the gallery of pictures to show up for some reason
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,780
    Fucking scumbag. And fuck the cowboys for signing that piece of trash. I hope they lose every game the rest of the season. And that Hardy gets carted off the field.
  • Options

Fucking scumbag. And fuck the cowboys for signing that piece of trash. I hope they lose every game the rest of the season. And that Hardy gets carted off the field.
    I hope the fucking EMT driving the cart that has to take him off the field (after Jason Peters accidentally falls on his leg) first runs him over, backs up, drops the keys on Hardy's head and says, "drive yourself."
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,659

Fuckin A. I want something really, really bad to happen to Hardy, Goodell, and anyone else involved.
    And to think he is making more money this year than you or I will see in our lifetimes.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,130

Well at least since he's joined the Cowboys I think they haven't won a game since he started playing with the Cowgirls.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    He's a perfect fit for the Dallas Cowboys
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

And to think he is making more money this year than you or I will see in our lifetimes.
    Exactly the reason why he thought (knew?) he could get away with it. Fucking scum. If it wasn't for bad PR these guys would be slaying(literally) anyone who got in their way. Not a shred of regret or remorse outside of actually being found guilty.

I don't think anyone would be upset if - "whoops"! - he gets chop blocked right to the knee Sunday night. Fingers crossed.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    chop blocks...do them until he can't walk
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,546
    America's team
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

Exactly the reason why he thought (knew?) he could get away with it. Fucking scum. If it wasn't for bad PR these guys would be slaying(literally) anyone who got in their way. Not a shred of regret or remorse outside of actually being found guilty.

I don't think anyone would be upset if - "whoops"! - he gets chop blocked right to the knee Sunday night. Fingers crossed.

As she said "nothing is going to happen to him anyways"
  • Options
    He beat her from head to toe.

I never knew the extent of his offence. He's worthless and should be in jail- not on an NFL team where he continues his ignorance.

I'm not a Cowboys hater, at least until this moment. They shook hands with the devil and not only that... continue to excuse his obscenity. As such... I will join the legions wishing ineptitude and misfortune on this soulless franchise devoid of principles or values.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,662

agree....and I'm a Cowboys fan :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The Vikings player should have been ejected for that hit on Bridgewater.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,464
    dion lewis out for year
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

dion lewis out for year

Big blow to your squad. Sorry, man. hahah.
  • Options
    The Blaine Gabbert era has officially begun!

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    "Next man up" is the new "On to Cincinnati."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options

dion lewis out for year

Big blow to your squad. Sorry, man. hahah.
    Zing!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,374
    JimmyV said:

"Next man up" is the new "On to Cincinnati."

Time for James White to step up. Might have to re-sign Travaris Cadet as well.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,546
    Rams sign Welker
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,547
    igotid88 said:

Rams sign Welker

He's CRAZY for playing again.

Not like he needs the money(unless he blew it?)
  • Options
    I'm now certain that Belichick hired a group of gypsies to put a curse upon the Colts this past offseason ...

Andrew Luck Has A Lacerated Kidney

“The injuries happened at the end of an early fourth quarter scramble when Andrew was doing everything he could to get us the win,” said Head Coach Chuck Pagano. “Andrew was sore after the game and was feeling a little worse Monday afternoon so we sent him to get tests.”

The tests revealed a laceration in one of Luck’s kidneys and a partial tear of an abdominal muscle. The injuries should not require surgery and full recovery from both is expected within two to six weeks.

“It’s way too early to guess how long Andrew will be out,” said Pagano. “We’re going to keep listening to the doctors and evaluating his progress on a week by week basis. We’ve got all the confidence in the world in Matt Hasselbeck and we’re not going to put Andrew back out there until he’s healed and ready to go.”