Secret Santa 2014

Comments

• dogtowndogtown Posts: 118

Well I won't be opening mine til Christmas morning!

I guess if you at least post that you received it then the sender will know it arrived. The gift I sent was supposedly delivered on Saturday and I'd like to be sure that the recipient got it!
  • Scott McCallaScott McCalla Oklahoma City, OK Posts: 7
    Got home yesterday to a package on the front porch! No pic to post, but a pile of PJ stickers and two incredible posters made my day! Thanks to my S.S.!!!
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    Mine says it arrived in sat as well. Hope he knows it's there.
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    dogtown said:

Well I won't be opening mine til Christmas morning!

I guess if you at least post that you received it then the sender will know it arrived. The gift I sent was supposedly delivered on Saturday and I'd like to be sure that the recipient got it!
    Oh yeah I'll do that :)
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

Do people really open presents before Christmas?

Some people wait but most people open their SS gift when they receive it, then post pictures.
    B-)
    I'm very traditional about Christmas I guess :) We're nuts about it in Ireland
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    badbrains said:

I lost my tracking # #-o
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
    FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

I lost my tracking # #-o
    Oh shit!
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    My gift arrived and just wow! The secret santa didn't give their board name, just their real name so thank you! (Don't want to post it)

They sent me some candy, a few PJ stickers, ear buds, what looks like an intentionally warped elvis lp into the shape of an ashtray/candy dish, a 4gb flash drive with the detroit boot and other tunes as well(havent looked yet), a $20 gift certificate for gamestop, a xmas card and my favorite of the group...a christmas ornament of the lamp from A Christmas Story! You forgot to write fragile on the box! Lol, maybe they don't know French! Anyways, please pm me your board name so I can publicly tell everyone how freaking awesome you are!
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,404
    Is everyone supposed to post when they received it? I'm a little concerned about the one I shipped out. Want to make sure they received it.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
    badbrains said:

FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

I lost my tracking # #-o
    Oh shit!
    BB - no joke I heard fergy ferg "oh shit" (london bridges) in my head when I read that! Bahahah. Have no idea why.

Ok and on another note I just trashed picked thru 2 disgusting smelly bags of garbage - no luck - no receipt - no tracking # - and ewe gross!

I must hold my faith in USPS!
  • VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401
    Got mine today in Canada !

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

I lost my tracking # #-o
    Oh shit!
    BB - no joke I heard fergy ferg "oh shit" (london bridges) in my head when I read that! Bahahah. Have no idea why.

Ok and on another note I just trashed picked thru 2 disgusting smelly bags of garbage - no luck - no receipt - no tracking # - and ewe gross!

Oh man, let's hope it makes it for you. Good luck, and hey post office, DONT FUCK UP!
  • Secret Santa gift recieved!!!...Haven't opened p the treats yet but thanks VR :) Please show yourself
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    MD11052 said:

Secret Santa gift recieved!!!...Haven't opened p the treats yet but thanks VR :) Please show yourself

It's the mystery Secret Santa-ee! Hope you like the various things when you get into them. And, umm, what exactly are you hoping to see?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • you are a hard person to find any info on :P...I was motivated by your individually wrapped gifts. went back and wrapped all of the stuff I sent out
  • My gift arrived and just wow! The secret santa didn't give their board name, just their real name so thank you! (Don't want to post it)

They sent me some candy, a few PJ stickers, ear buds, what looks like an intentionally warped elvis lp into the shape of an ashtray/candy dish, a 4gb flash drive with the detroit boot and other tunes as well(havent looked yet), a $20 gift certificate for gamestop, a xmas card and my favorite of the group...a christmas ornament of the lamp from A Christmas Story! You forgot to write fragile on the box! Lol, maybe they don't know French! Anyways, please pm me your board name so I can publicly tell everyone how freaking awesome you are!

SOOOOO glad you enjoyed!!! Did the ornament get broken?
    Mrsitaly22 :)
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited December 2014

My gift arrived and just wow! The secret santa didn't give their board name, just their real name so thank you! (Don't want to post it)

Hahaha, not yet! I put it right on the tree and she spotted it as soon as she got home. We had a really good laugh and we definitely needed it today. Thanks again. You rock! Have a Merry Christmas!

Edit - the fragile thing was a reference to the movie when the dad thought it was French.
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
    FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

I lost my tracking # #-o
    Oh shit!

Holyfuck! Talk about a godsmack. I sent a package to my buddy in NC last week and I just tracked it, said it was delivered today in WI! I don't know anyone in WI! What the fuck! That package was sweet! Holyshit if the person who received the package is a pearl jam fan, he scored the golden tix. Fuckety fuck fuck!!!!! God damn it!! Shit!!!!! Mother fuckensusshsjdjsjxjsjsj!!!
    Absolutely garbage! I have to call them tomorrow and see what the fuck they're gonna do. Sorry Logan, they better find it bro. I'm gonna be super bummed if they don't return it to the post office and fix this. Damn.
    badbrains said:

FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

I lost my tracking # #-o
    Oh shit!

Holyfuck! Talk about a godsmack. I sent a package to my buddy in NC last week and I just tracked it, said it was delivered today in WI! I don't know anyone in WI! What the fuck! That package was sweet! Holyshit if the person who received the package is a pearl jam fan, he scored the golden tix. Fuckety fuck fuck!!!!! God damn it!! Shit!!!!! Mother fuckensusshsjdjsjxjsjsj!!!
    Absolutely garbage! I have to call them tomorrow and see what the fuck they're gonna do. Sorry Logan, they better find it bro. I'm gonna be super bummed if they don't return it to the post office and fix this. Damn.
    Say what? That sucks bad.

badbrains said:

FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

I lost my tracking # #-o
    Oh shit!

Ya, I sent my buddy Logan a package of some cool pj stuff and other cool stuff. Have the tracking num and everything but I don't know how the fuck it would go to WI. What's crazy is that if checked to see if theres a street in WI with the same name and there was. Fuck. I just hope they can retrieve it and send it to him. There's no way I would've put WI and what are the fucken chances that I'd put WI and happen to even choose a town in WI with the SAME street? IMPOSSIBLE. Trust me, I know I couldn't do that. I'd have a better chance with the rangers winning the cup before that would happen. Shit!
  • TerryGTerryG La Crosse, WI Posts: 366
    edited December 2014
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

I lost my tracking # #-o
    Oh shit!

Ya, I sent my buddy Logan a package of some cool pj stuff and other cool stuff. Have the tracking num and everything but I don't know how the fuck it would go to WI. What's crazy is that if checked to see if theres a street in WI with the same name and there was. Fuck. I just hope they can retrieve it and send it to him. There's no way I would've put WI and what are the fucken chances that I'd put WI and happen to even choose a town in WI with the SAME street? IMPOSSIBLE. Trust me, I know I couldn't do that. I'd have a better chance with the rangers winning the cup before that would happen. Shit!

Hmmm, sent some PJ stuff to Wisconsin, Sorry it will have to stay in the state now. We have a shortage here. We will consider it a care package. Meanwhile, if you could be so kind as to forward me the address, I would try and rescue it from an unsuspecting dairy farmer. Kidding aside that does really suck. It would be disappointing if someone had that delivered to their house and didnt call back to say it was a mistake. :(
    Post edited by TerryG on
    Do yourself a favor and be you online. Anonymity plus audience often equals asshole.
    Try not to be one. Make mom proud.
    Dan Johns
    BB it's too late for me...but...

• My gift arrived and just wow! The secret santa didn't give their board name, just their real name so thank you! (Don't want to post it)

Hahaha, not yet! I put it right on the tree and she spotted it as soon as she got home. We had a really good laugh and we definitely needed it today. Thanks again. You rock! Have a Merry Christmas!

Edit - the fragile thing was a reference to the movie when the dad thought it was French.
    LOL! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year :)

• SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    badbrains said:

badbrains said:

FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

FoxyRedLa said:

badbrains said:

I lost my tracking # #-o
    Oh shit!

Oh man, that sucks! BB, you want me to have a chat with USPS? They fear me, you know. ;)
    ELITIST FUK
  • ok so i've had the worst 6 weeks everrrrrr and it just got worse, because amazon delivered my SS gift to me and not my person!! so I apologize, it's being resent today. I really hope they don't screw up my huge christmas order for my kids...

also, thank you JV 130312 for my gift, which my tenant had for about two weeks and didn't tell me about until yesterday! a soccer jersey, some sweet GoT stickers, a beer coozie, and an awesome pair of headphones, which my son has already claimed for his own hahaha.
  • My package is showing out for delivery! woohooo
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there....

9b62a062-ff5e-4ae3-9ff8-6d47ef18c764_zps86ddfa45.jpg
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Good heavens what's with all the postal
    Mishaps?!!!? And BB, I Ted to my friend in the postal office. She says go to your local branch, and let them know. If you insured it, it should cover a retrieval attempt for up to two attempts. If not, you gotta just hope the person who received it, returns it, at which point, you'd be notified, and have the option to resend. THIS FOLKS IS WHY YOU SKWAYS INSURE PACKAGES SENT THROUGH THE USPS!! That last part was from Katie, my postal office friend!! Lol ( I was mailing gifts to my brother and his family in Cali, and I wouldn't have even thought to ask this question if she hadn't asked if the package was for my PJ secret Santa!!) hope that helps BB.
    edited December 2014

Mishaps?!!!? And BB, I Ted to my friend in the postal office. She says go to your local branch, and let them know. If you insured it, it should cover a retrieval attempt for up to two attempts. If not, you gotta just hope the person who received it, returns it, at which point, you'd be notified, and have the option to resend. THIS FOLKS IS WHY YOU SKWAYS INSURE PACKAGES SENT THROUGH THE USPS!! That last part was from Katie, my postal office friend!! Lol ( I was mailing gifts to my brother and his family in Cali, and I wouldn't have even thought to ask this question if she hadn't asked if the package was for my PJ secret Santa!!) hope that helps BB.

Thanks whispering hands. I talked to the post office and they took all the info and said someone will be calling me in 24 hrs. I just don't understand how it could go to WI if I sent it to NC. I don't know anyone in WI.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Well.. They ARE no where NEAR each other!! Lol the odd part is that there's a street with the exact same name.. Also, they say google the four digit local code for the zip codes helps give direct link too.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    edited December 2014
    badbrains said:

Thanks whispering hands. I talked to the post office and they took all the info and said someone will be calling me in 24 hrs. I just don't understand how it could go to WI if I sent it to NC. I don't know anyone in WI.
    Crazy shit going on during the xmas season. someone at USPS is drinking on the job
    BB, that is a crazy coincidence about the streets. I still don't know how that can even happen if they go by the zip. maybe they can retrieve it.
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2