BILL COSBY IS A CONVICTED RAPIST

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2014

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Really why has this not gotten any traction in the news i mean multiple victims and this is the 1st i'm hearing of it , where is the big mouth Sharpton on this ....

Because there is no evidence.
    Aside from the word of about a dozen women
    There isn't enough proof for accusing someone like Cosby of being a rapist. If it were someone unlikable or anything politician or something it would be different, of course.
    Again, good god. I don't even know what to say.

About what? Not sure why you're good godding me when i'm being so reasonable, hahaha. ;) Again, that wasn't my opinion. I was just stating a fact. But if i do give my opinion, I'd say that the media should treat all such stories the way they are treating this one: responsibly. I am very much against the media running with unsubstantiated accusations even if the person in unlikable. The media should treat stores like this more like the cops do (requiring evidence) all the time.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Multiple accusations and multiple out of court settlements to me suggest a pattern of sexual deviance. A severe lack of cell phones and security cameras made stuff easier to sweep under the rug back in the day. It was a simpler time.

File this case under: Jackson, Michael. Lots of accusations. Lots of payoffs. A weird fantasy land geared towards a nine year old boy's dreams. But hey, that motherfucker could dance ...
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    i've never understood the mentality that because a person is a celebrity people tend to not believe bad things but if joe smith around the corner was accused by something like 12 women about sexual assault those same people sure as hell would think joe smith is guilty as hell.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    pjhawks said:

i've never understood the mentality that because a person is a celebrity people tend to not believe bad things but if joe smith around the corner was accused by something like 12 women about sexual assault those same people sure as hell would think joe smith is guilty as hell.

Could you imagine the outrage if this were an NFL player? Don't know what the deal is with Cosby, but it's funny to me how the media picks and chooses how to cover things.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    pjhawks said:

For me, fame doesn't play a part at all. More like gut, instinct, opinions formed.

I mean hell, Roman Polanski fucked a 13-year-old and still receives standing ovations.

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    pjhawks said:

I have zero opinion on this story, but the same could be said about those who want to bring celebrities down. One thing Bill has that Joe Smith doesn't have is money. Dude may have just slept around a bit in the 70's broke these affairs off, women gets pissed and bam - rape. This happens 12 times we get 12 women accusing him.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

pjhawks said:

Could you imagine the outrage if this were an NFL player? Don't know what the deal is with Cosby, but it's funny to me how the media picks and chooses how to cover things.
    All comedians are rapists. Suspend him for 2 stand up shows and 1 sit-com.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer

pjhawks said:

I have zero opinion on this story, but the same could be said about those who want to bring celebrities down. One thing Bill has that Joe Smith doesn't have is money. Dude may have just slept around a bit in the 70's broke these affairs off, women gets pissed and bam - rape. This happens 12 times we get 12 women accusing him.

well except there is at least one accusation that it occurred in 2004. reading the story from the OP there are accusations basically from each decade going back to the 60s. and before the Cosby Show it wasn't like he was a super rich man in the 60s and 70s.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

well except there is at least one accusation that it occurred in 2004. reading the story from the OP there are accusations basically from each decade going back to the 60s. and before the Cosby Show it wasn't like he was a super rich man in the 60s and 70s.
    Damn, 5 decades of accusations?

No Fat Albert cartoon money in the '70s?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

pjhawks said:

pjhawks said:

Damn, 5 decades of accusations?

No Fat Albert cartoon money in the '70s?
    Ahhh, Fat Albert.

I was thinking about I Spy too.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/11/17/bill-cosby-rape-sexual-assault-joan-tarshis/

Q&A: New Bill Cosby Accuser Joan Tarshis

“There was nothing to do except wait for it to be over,” she says.

By Victor Fiorillo | November 17, 2014 at 11:29 am

Over the weekend, the number of women publicly accusing Bill Cosby of sexual assault increased by one when 66-year-old Woodstock resident Joan Tarshis came forward with new allegations against America’s hero.

Tarshis is the fourth woman to publicly accuse Cosby of sexual assault, and according to court documents, there are said to be more than a dozen women out there with similar stories. Cosby has never been charged with sexual assault or rape in criminal court, and his lawyer recently said that there would be no response to the “decade-old, discredited allegations,” noting that “the fact that they are being repeated does not make them true.” Contacted by Philadelphia magazine today, Cosby’s lawyer hung up before we could ask for a comment.

Here, Tarshis tells us her side of what she says happened back when she was a 19-year-old aspiring actress.

joan-tarshis-bill-cosby-sexual-assault-allegations
    Photo | Courtesy Joan Tarshis

How did you come to know Bill Cosby?

I was out in California working on a monologue, staying with two girls in Beverly Hills. And one day, they just took me to lunch with Bill Cosby at his dressing house. This was on the set of The Bill Cosby Show in 1969.

We had lunch, he poured drinks, and I was invited back a few times. He was very friendly to me and introduced me to Sidney Poitier and stuff like that. And then eventually he told me that he wanted to work on a monologue together, and I had an idea for something about an earthquake that had just happened. It was my first earthquake. I had some funny lines, and he said, Sure, let's work on that.

And then?

We went up to his cottage after they were done shooting. That's when it happened. He offered me a drink. It was a red eye, a bloody mary topped off with beer. He always made the drinks; he didn't have a bartender.

And then next thing I know, I was being undressed on his couch. I was so out of it. But I remember saying to him — I thought I would outsmart him — I said, I have an infection down there, and if you have sex with me, you're going to get it, and then your wife will know. So what did he do? He immediately switched to another orifice, which was worse.

So you were aware of what was happening the entire time?

Yes. He was holding me down. He's much bigger than I am. He's very big. I couldn't resist. He was forceful. He definitely used force. There was nothing I could do except wait for it to be over. I was in shock.

Did you tell anyone about this before now?

I told a boyfriend about it, and I told a couple of friends.

What was their reaction? I mean, this is Bill Cosby.

They were shocked, because of his reputation. And I said, Yeah, you know, all that glitters is not gold.

So why reveal this after all these years?

My parents are older, and so they're not going to know about this. They won't have to be upset by it. And the other girls are talking about it — it's come out again. And I feel I want to join them and give them credibility. Also, I've held this thing inside for so many years. It's nice to finally release it.

And in an ideal world, I would love NBC to cancel the series they're doing with him, but that involves money, not ethics. So that's not going to happen. And I would also like to be able to say "Bill Cosby is a rapist" and have America believe it.

Did you ever see Cosby again?

Unfortunately, yes. After that incident in California, I moved back to Brooklyn. My mother knew that I had been writing with him, and so she kept asking, What's happening with Bill Cosby? She kept mentioning him. Bill Cosby this and Bill Cosby that. He was very hot at that time.

And then he called my parents' house. I was horrified. My mother answered the phone, and I cursed myself for not answering the phone first. Anyway, he called and told her that he wanted to have me come out to the Westbury Music Theater to see him do some of the material we had worked on together.

After he talked to my mother, I had to go. I couldn't get out of it. What would she think?

So you went.

Yes. He picked me up in a limo. During the ride, I had something to drink in the car. I don't remember what it was. I started to feel very woozy. Stoned.

I walked into the theater with him and the chauffeur, and we didn't have any seats, so we were just standing backstage, and Cosby went into the dressing room. And after a while, I couldn't stand up, I was so drugged. I asked the chauffeur to bring me back to the car. And I don't remember anything else that happened until I woke up in the bed the following morning. Naked.

So you have no memory of that incident?

Nope. I have never been that stoned where I couldn't stand up. I couldn't focus my eyes. It was hard to talk. I have no idea what happened that night, other than that I woke up naked in his bed.

Did you ever threaten him with legal action?

What could I say? I was 19 years old. I felt, He's Bill Cosby. He'll lawyer himself up. I don't have a lawyer. It's going to be he said, she said, and they'll look at me like I'm crazy. Keep in mind that if I had come forward back then, I would have been the first one that would have said this.

And God knows what his lawyers would do to me. My reputation would have been ruined. They would have said that I was there to seduce him. They would have turned the story around.

And part of me was saying, hey, this guy knows a lot of big guys. Maybe they would find my body in a canyon in L.A. He became a scary guy to me.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/11/17/bill-cosby-rape-sexual-assault-joan-tarshis/#JgybKvJEtkTdxVjc.99
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

And then next thing I know, I was being undressed on his couch. I was so out of it. But I remember saying to him — I thought I would outsmart him — I said, I have an infection down there, and if you have sex with me, you're going to get it, and then your wife will know. So what did he do? He immediately switched to another orifice, which was worse.

@-)
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Poncier said:

@-)
    gotta watch out for that other orifice....it'll get ya.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

Did you ever threaten him with legal action?

What could I say? I was 19 years old. I felt, He's Bill Cosby. He'll lawyer himself up. I don't have a lawyer. It's going to be he said, she said, and they'll look at me like I'm crazy. Keep in mind that if I had come forward back then, I would have been the first one that would have said this.

And God knows what his lawyers would do to me. My reputation would have been ruined. They would have said that I was there to seduce him. They would have turned the story around.

NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    say it ain't so, Bill.
    I just went to see him in concert a couple years ago.
    only two comedians I have ever seen live- Bill Maher and Bill Cosby.
    totally opposite ends of the spectrum

I will never be able to watch Cosby Show re-runs again.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    "How Cops Respond to Rape"

Then the title of the article itself - "What Cops Are Really Thinking When a Woman Claims She Was Raped"

Then within the article - ten officers interviewed.

TEN.

Not condoning some of the viewpoints of those ten, but I can't stand misleading articles/headlines like this.
    former DA in Pennsylvania who didn't file charges against Cosby in the 2004 case thinks he did it but did not think there was enough evidence to get a conviction at trial. see story below.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Former-DA-Who-Dropped-Sex-Assault-Case-Against-Bill-Cosby-Speaks-282993771.html
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I would say if he's not a rapist, he's a creep at the very least.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

I would say if he's not a rapist, he's a creep at the very least.

what's up, man?
    welcome back.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

shut up, whoopie...

An Open Letter to Whoopi Goldberg

http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/11/18/open-letter-whoopi-goldberg/
    Here’s why women often don’t immediately report sexual assault, let alone get rape kits.

By Liz Spikol | November 18, 2014 at 12:13 pm
    Share11 Tweet11 1 0 Email1
    7 Comments

Dear Whoopi,

On Monday, you expressed confusion on The View about Cosby accuser Barbara Bowman‘s actions after her alleged rape at age 17: “Perhaps the police might have believed it. Or the hospital. Don’t you do a kit when you say someone has raped you?”

You weren't strident, you weren't defensive, you seemed — oddly enough — sincere. "I’m going to reserve my judgment because I have a lot of questions," you said. I believe that you're genuinely confused.

It's hard to wrap our minds around the fact that a person can do both horrible things and worthwhile things and occupy the same body. I remember writing a college admission essay about the fact that Charles Dickens, my favorite author, was a terrible husband. Could I separate art from artist? Should I?

Obviously, this is harder. The investment in believing Bill Cosby to be the genial standup comedian, philanthropist, father figure … it's profound. For that man to also potentially be a sexual predator? All of us slide in and out of selfishness and generosity, kindness and crank. But this is another level. It’s Roman Polanski. Or Oscar Pistorius. Or Lance Armstrong. We are large, wrote Whitman. We contain multitudes. Not all of the multitudes are pretty.

But if we can agree on the complexity of the individual, Whoopi — and I think we can, given everything you said — we agree too that it is possible that Bill Cosby raped Barbara Bowman. Does her behavior after the alleged rape in any way contradict her story? It does not. And I'd like to explain why, because the questions you asked are so very common.

I was raped at 17. My rapist was not a powerful celebrity. He was a nobody. But I didn't go to the police. I didn't go to a hospital.

Why don’t we tell, Whoopi? Because our skin burns with shame. I thought my body would never get clean, not only from him but from my own stupidity and weakness. The minute after it ended I felt like I was being torn into pieces, like I was on fire, and I just wanted to shower. I felt crazy, confused, angry, beaten, lost, like I had a zipper running from throat to naval. I felt more alone than I’ve ever felt before or since. I felt like the severed pieces of my body were floating in darkness. I felt savaged. I felt terrified.

Here’s what I did not feel: capable of calmly picking up the phone. Capable of walking to the hospital and talking to one functionary after another. Capable of filling out paperwork. Capable of being touched by another person without exploding into flames. Capable of functioning at all like a human being because I wasn’t a human being. I felt like if I even went outside of my room my organs would explode out of my body. How would I explain that to the cops?

Ultimately, I told one person who I swore to secrecy. Had I allowed him to tell others, my rapist would perhaps be serving time rather than serving sandwiches in the Bronx at the vegetarian restaurant he now owns. But I believed I was to blame.

Months passed before I told someone else, but they did not take appropriate action, and he remained free. Years passed before I went into detail about it — in a cover story for a newspaper, no less — and I didn't use his name. Even now I allow him to have a family, a business, a good life, from what I hear, because I think to myself: Well, he was young. Maybe he’s changed. We contain multitudes. It’s complicated.

Why don't I tell? Deep down, I still feel like that terrible girl who made something bad happen. I think about confronting him, sure. But I do nothing. I will do nothing. If he were a celebrity, however, you bet your fucking ass I’d tell my story.

Whoopi, when someone like you asks these questions, you do all victims of sexual assault and rape a great disservice.

I saw Happy Valley recently, a documentary about Jerry Sandusky, whose sex crimes enraged you, as you made clear on The View. In the doc, Sandusky's adopted son Matt, who was abused by Jerry for years, says of the abuse, “It ruins you.” I felt that sentence like a punch in the stomach. Yes, I was ruined. I am ruined. I’m sorry that I did not complete the coursework as required to get the bastard in jail. I haven’t completed any of my life’s coursework since that night.

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/news/2014/11/18/open-letter-whoopi-goldberg/#V1zcJZ6Bcx6cZ3QK.99
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I have to speak from the heart.

Wouldn't consider Cosby a hero of mine, but he/his work has been with me since I was a kid. There's a fondness.

I like him, his comedy, his sensibility (but not his sweaters).

The last thing I want is to eat my words about these accusations - and not considering Dickinson the pillar of credibility - but more and more this has brought about some doubt.

And it sucks.

Really hope the truth comes out one way or another.

hedonist said:

Wouldn't consider Cosby a hero of mine, but he/his work has been with me since I was a kid. There's a fondness.

The last thing I want is to eat my words about these accusations - and not considering Dickinson the pillar of credibility - but more and more this has brought about some doubt.

And it sucks.

i love the sweaters.
    chinese-happy.jpg

hedonist said:

And it sucks.

i love the sweaters.
    Ah, but would you wear the sweaters?

I think not.

• The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Seems to me all the crackpots are coming out of the woodwork. No f'ing way Dr. Huxtable is a serial rapist. I can't see it.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self

Seems to me all the crackpots are coming out of the woodwork. No f'ing way Dr. Huxtable is a serial rapist. I can't see it.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

is it just coincidence lol
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    More than a dozen? Are you sure?

He's never been charged and there isn't a shred of evidence. So far the 2 things that stand out to me is he's rich and he's black. Racism and gold digging at work, it seems.

You guys realize there are a lot of crazy bitches out there, right? Bitches be crazy!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I've read about the accusers but do we know what their race is?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer