Options

BILL COSBY IS A CONVICTED RAPIST

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    I'm 100% in favor of prosecuting and strongly sentencing rapists. That said, and despite all the circumstances that lead most of us to strongly suspect Cosby is guilty, I'm still one of those people who supports the notion that, at least here in the U.S., a person is innocent until proven guilty of crimes.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    brianlux said:

I'm 100% in favor of prosecuting and strongly sentencing rapists. That said, and despite all the circumstances that lead most of us to strongly suspect Cosby is guilty, I'm still one of those people who supports the notion that, at least here in the U.S., a person is innocent until proven guilty of crimes.

True, but like with Michael Jackson, it's hard to look over ALL of the people saying they were abused.
  • Options

brianlux said:

True, but like with Michael Jackson, it's hard to look over ALL of the people saying they were abused.
    Oh, I totally get it. People who are guilty of abuse of any kind are big targets for my criticism, especially rapists. I had a dear woman friend who literally drank herself to death as a result of being raped. That was massively tragic and painful to see. Yet I still have to say that until proven guilty, the man is innocent. If he is guilty, I very much hope that the guilt is proven and the sentencing should be tough. I just think it's a dangerous precedent to over look the concept of "innocent until proven guilty". Look at the kinds of places that do not follow that, right?

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543

brianlux said:

?? I don't think MJ was anything other than weird.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,288
    edited August 2015
    brianlux said:

This guy thinks OJ didn't kill his wife too.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

brianlux said:

This guy thinks OJ didn't kill his wife too.
    You don't think so, huh? Interesting.

• Options
    I think Bill Cosby is a rapist, OJ killed his wife, and Michael Jackson molested kids.
  • Options
    brianlux said:

brianlux said:

Oh, I totally get it. People who are guilty of abuse of any kind are big targets for my criticism, especially rapists. I had a dear woman friend who literally drank herself to death as a result of being raped. That was massively tragic and painful to see. Yet I still have to say that until proven guilty, the man is innocent. If he is guilty, I very much hope that the guilt is proven and the sentencing should be tough. I just think it's a dangerous precedent to over look the concept of "innocent until proven guilty". Look at the kinds of places that do not follow that, right?

It's hard to prove him guilty when the statute of limitations has passed and it will never go to court. I'm happy with his reputation being tarnished for life. He will no longer be the great, wholesome comedian he was once known to be. He'll just be that creep who drugged broads and probably raped them.

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

I think Bill Cosby is a rapist, OJ killed his wife, and Michael Jackson molested kids.

lol true
    spot on
  • Options

I would love to believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty...but our system is imperfect and favors the rich and powerful--hence why people believe these scumabgs (and let's toss Woody Allen into the mix, while we're at it) are guilty.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    MJ was specifically found not guilty, right?
    (So was OJ, but not in civil court. And Cosby admitted he drugs women for sex)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited August 2015

I would love to believe everyone is innocent until proven guilty...but our system is imperfect and favors the rich and powerful--hence why people believe these scumabgs (and let's toss Woody Allen into the mix, while we're at it) are guilty.
    Toss Polanski and Caitlyn as well. People seem to forget (s)he is possibly guilty for vehicular manslaughter.
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    PJ_Soul said:

I believe I remember "all parties came to a mutual agreement" and something about "compensation amount was kept confidential"
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

PJ_Soul said:

I believe I remember "all parties came to a mutual agreement" and something about "compensation amount was kept confidential"
    So the scheming parents' scam worked. Poor MJ. I really don't believe he was a perv. Just a weirdo. I mean, kids shouldn't have been left with him anyway. He was too creepy-weird about kids. But i don't think he sexually molested them.
  • Options
    as a voter in montco, i am happy to have played a part in this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-cosby-andrea-constand-charges_563a943ae4b0b24aee48e821

Bill Cosby May Face First Sex Assault Charges From Newly Elected Prosecutor
    The statute of limitations runs out in January, so the clock is ticking.
    Reuters
    By Laila Kearney
    Posted: 11/04/2015 06:37 PM EST

A newly elected suburban Pennsylvania prosecutor could be positioned to bring the first criminal charges of sex assault against comedian Bill Cosby, though the clock is ticking, legal experts said on Wednesday.

Kevin Steele, a Democrat, on Tuesday defeated opponent Bruce Castor, a Republican, in the race for district attorney in Montgomery County, where Cosby's first named accuser filed a 2005 complaint against the actor.

The statute of limitations runs out in January on that case, in which the woman claimed Cosby drugged and sexually assaulted her in his mansion in 2004.

In the weeks leading up the election, in which Steele won 50.33 percent of the vote while Castor received 49.67 percent, both men said they would work to charge Cosby if elected.

Experts on Wednesday said the action would likely come easier than it did a decade ago, when the district attorney declined to file charges citing weak evidence.

"In some ways this case had gotten stronger in the last 10 years," said Matthew Galluzzo, a former sex crimes prosecutor and current defense lawyer in New York.

In the years since the complaint by Andrea Constand, Cosby has been bombarded with accusations of sexual assault by more than 50 women, many of whom contend the actor slipped them sedatives before assaulting them.

The charges shocked Cosby's fans and crushed his reputation as an entertainer and wholesome father figure, but he has never been criminally charged and has denied the accusations. A spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Wednesday.
    Beth Ferrier reacts while speaking seated between attorney Gloria Allred and Rebecca Lynn Neal (L) on July 13, 2015 in Los Angeles, where the two women who were Jane Doe witnesses in the 2005 lawsuit brought by Andrea Constand which alleged sexual battery by comedian Bill Cosby. FREDERIC J. BROWN via Getty Images Beth Ferrier reacts while speaking seated between attorney Gloria Allred and Rebecca Lynn Neal (L) on July 13, 2015 in Los Angeles, where the two women who were Jane Doe witnesses in the 2005 lawsuit brought by Andrea Constand which alleged sexual battery by comedian Bill Cosby.

In the years since the complaint by Andrea Constand, Cosby has been bombarded with accusations of sexual assault by more than 50 women, many of whom contend the actor slipped them sedatives before assaulting them.

The charges shocked Cosby's fans and crushed his reputation as an entertainer and wholesome father figure, but he has never been criminally charged and has denied the accusations. A spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Wednesday.

Galluzzo said the flurry of media attention given to Cosby's accusers over the past year will make it difficult to find jury members whose opinions on Cosby have not been influenced by extensive media coverage of sex assault allegations.

In a deposition taken in 2006 for a separate civil lawsuit brought by Constand and recently released, Cosby said he supplied women with sedatives before sex.

Many of the accusations against Cosby date back decades, putting them beyond the statute of limitations. But in Constand's case, prosecutors have until January to file charges.

Reuters does not normally name victims of sex assault but Constand has publicly identified herself.

Current District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman, who is leaving her post to become county judge, quietly opened Constand's case against Cosby this year. Steele has been her deputy prosecutor.

Also aiding the case would be prosecutors' ability to use the testimony of other accusers with similar stories to Constand, "which is always a very powerful piece of evidence," said John Clune, a Colorado lawyer who represents sex crime victims.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Officially charged
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    HEY HEY HEY
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143

Officially charged

Finally.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Officially charged

But enough for his cinematic crimes of Leonard Part 6 and Ghost Dad.

Jello pudding eating MFer.
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Leonard part 6 was a quality comedy
    but fuk Cosby, raping twat
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
  • Options

Leonard part 6 was a quality comedy

Says the retard who likes Adolf Trump.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    Will face a jury now ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Hope he gets the maximum sentence and rots in jail for the rest of his life.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited May 2016
    Posted here by mistake.
    Moved to AMT
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options

Posted here by mistake.
    Moved to AMT

THE HELL IT WILL.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Welp....looks like there will be a new trial.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    This thread is oddly out of place on AET.

Should be moved to AMT.