BILL COSBY IS A CONVICTED RAPIST

Comments

• Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Listening to that 'comedy' bit...Yikes!
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

So I wouldn't have to see it. I avoid that section. This section, AET is where I read/post most of the time.

Cool,
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    hedonist said:

For those who've already mentally deemed him guilty - do you not consider that jumping the gun along with those who don blinders?

Does evidence matter?

I'm on the fence with this one; wish I weren't but fuckit - too much woodwork-crawling, he said-she said shit.

how do you expect to find evidence of a rape from decades ago? sometimes you just have to put 2 and 2 together to form your opinion.

and it's just he said-she said. it's he said-, she, she, she, she, she, she, she, she, she, she, she, she, she, she, she etc etc etc etc said.....15 or so old women, who do not know each other, who have nothing to gain. i'm not sure why they would all make this up....and all have eerily similiar stories.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Idris said:

regardless of these allegations.....how is every woman in the world not outraged by this "bit?" he's making light of drugging women so he can have his way with them.

how in the world is that funny?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Idris said:

regardless of these allegations.....how is every woman in the world not outraged by this "bit?" he's making light of drugging women so he can have his way with them.

how in the world is that funny?
    Right!
    And Another scary thing...The thousand plus people (men and women) who were in the crowd laughing.

Its all very telling (society)
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    http://gawker.com/the-undoing-of-bill-cosby-1660641408

But Bill Cosby is not Cliff Huxtable. Cliff Huxtable was fiction. Hilton Als reminds us: "The power of fiction is that it includes everyone." The power of Cliff Huxtable was his ability to embody many meanings. We all saw fragments of the dad we knew or the dad we wanted in Cliff.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    maybe this is all a smear job to discredit his voice for when shit hits the fan with the michael brown ruling. cosby has really only been the consistent, outspoken african american, regarding negative african american conduct.

:-?
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    One of the women who came forward said she felt she could now because her parents are elderly & won't understand or hear about it. And she felt like at this point in her life she's beyond the effects of the stigma.

I do consider the testimony of the women to be a type of evidence. Also isn't rape the only violent crime when the burden of proof is on the victim?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    ldent42 said:

I do consider the testimony of the women to be a type of evidence. Also isn't rape the only violent crime when the burden of proof is on the victim?

Of course testimony of women is evidence. Just not the basis of a conviction barring any other physical evidence.

The burden of proof in a burglary is on the victim/accuser as well if they name an alleged perp isn't it? Any time one party names another party the burden of proof is on the accuser (or should be). And barring any corroborating physical evidence, an arrest won't likely be made for that burglary.

I am not defending Cosby because he's Bill Cosby. I agree that it appears he's got something shady going on in his personal life. But I can't condemn him based on decades old stories and so far ZERO evidence. Give me a couple of pieces of actual, solid evidence and I'm on the bandwagon to have him hanged from a tree. But at this point if 30 more women come forward parroting the same story we've already heard and yet we still have no physical evidence of any kind, I still will remain on the fence waiting. I wouldn't trust him alone with my mom, wife or daughter at this point (which is sad if he's actually innocent), but I also wouldn't send him to the gallows based on the current circumstances.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

ldent42 said:

Of course testimony of women is evidence. Just not the basis of a conviction barring any other physical evidence.

The burden of proof in a burglary is on the victim/accuser as well if they name an alleged perp isn't it? Any time one party names another party the burden of proof is on the accuser (or should be). And barring any corroborating physical evidence, an arrest won't likely be made for that burglary.

I am not defending Cosby because he's Bill Cosby. I agree that it appears he's got something shady going on in his personal life. But I can't condemn him based on decades old stories and so far ZERO evidence. Give me a couple of pieces of actual, solid evidence and I'm on the bandwagon to have him hanged from a tree. But at this point if 30 more women come forward parroting the same story we've already heard and yet we still have no physical evidence of any kind, I still will remain on the fence waiting. I wouldn't trust him alone with my mom, wife or daughter at this point (which is sad if he's actually innocent), but I also wouldn't send him to the gallows based on the current circumstances.
    I agree, and well said btw.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Hard evidence maybe not but there seem to be a few cases in which he's financially settled out of court. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    JK_Livin said:

Hard evidence maybe not but there seem to be a few cases in which he's financially settled out of court. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Yeah, hmmmmmm.

That can just as easily look like someone wanted to avoid proving anything in court and collect some easy $$$

I admit the video Juggler posted of Cosby and the AP is quite suspicious. But then again we don't know his full intentions. If you were accused of rape - and let's say you're innocent - would you really want it brought up in a TV interview? Would you want to have to say you're innocent and your accuser settled out of court and you're trying to move on with your life, etc. No, you'd probably want it to go away and not get brought up again. And I mean his wife was sitting right beside him, too. I'm sure he was doing it to protect her, as well.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options

No, you'd probably want it to go away and not get brought up again.

How can you understand that from the point of view of the accused but not of the victim? If you were raped, that is most likely exactly how you would feel too!!!

and for the record I was asking cuz I'm not a lawyer. I don't know how everything works, but it seems to me that rape victims have more put on them to produce evidence of their assault than anyone else. That's why I asked - because I am not a lawyer and I do not know.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Idris said:

jeffbr said:

ldent42 said:

I agree, and well said btw.
    Seconded!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Question on settling out of court. On anything, not this topic alone. If you settle out of court, can you then take them to court?
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

Question on settling out of court. On anything, not this topic alone. If you settle out of court, can you then take them to court?

I believe a settlement does just that, Empty - settles a situation (or accusation) with no further opportunity for recourse...similar to signing a release.

It's tough - maybe impossible - to assume guilt or innocence based solely on that; maybe the efforts or resources expended are considered less than the turmoil of going through a full trial.

And, I have to wonder about accepting such a settlement...I mean, what's the point of receiving money when justice is desired or deserved? When exposing someone for who they supposedly are and having them be accountable for their actions non-financially.

For alleged crimes such as this, money means shit. To me, anyway.

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    i said it before and i'll say it again. the leeway some people give celebrities vs. the common man is mind boggling.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    hedonist said:

I believe a settlement does just that, Empty - settles a situation (or accusation) with no further opportunity for recourse...similar to signing a release.

It's tough - maybe impossible - to assume guilt or innocence based solely on that; maybe the efforts or resources expended are considered less than the turmoil of going through a full trial.

And, I have to wonder about accepting such a settlement...I mean, what's the point of receiving money when justice is desired or deserved? When exposing someone for who they supposedly are and having them be accountable for their actions non-financially.

For alleged crimes such as this, money means shit. To me, anyway.

Ok, I thought so. And none of these accusations are coming from women who have settled? I'm not following this, but when the story comes to me I keep hearing about these settlements
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    it all too shocking
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

i said it before and i'll say it again. the leeway some people give celebrities vs. the common man is mind boggling.

I'm not sure if that's directed at me or not, but if so - I've said nothing about latitude or being blinded by fame (I don't think anyone else has either). In fact, I've said several times I just don't know (and I doubt anyone here CAN know). Even made a point of saying supposedly and allegedly.

Anyway, we'll think what we want.

Well, I will.

• Options
    pjhawks said:

the leeway some people give celebrities vs. the common man is mind boggling.

That's a great bit of commentary on our society, (as a whole)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    for those that question why victims don't go to the police to report rape: http://metronews.ca/voices/1195705/jian-ghomeshi-case-highlights-why-some-women-dont-report-assaults-column/

there was an article I saw (trying to find it), and it detailed the questions victims are asked during a rape trial, they are very probing and actually try to sway the jury to rule in favor of the defendant. I can see why people wouldn't want to be forced to re-live the attack.

I grew up on watching Cosby-Captain Kangaroo, Fat Albert, etc. and enjoyed his work.
    I feel for the victims, sexual assault is terrifying.
    For now, I'm just going to wait and see how everything plays out.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    For a lot of victims that assault is a life altering event. The psychological trauma they endure is a form of PTSD. Treatment is not free, at least not in the US. Not every victim can immediately go back to work, sometimes even leaving the house becomes difficult. It's no different than taking a settlement from an insurance company after getting hit by a car.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    ldent42 said:

How can you understand that from the point of view of the accused but not of the victim? If you were raped, that is most likely exactly how you would feel too!!
    I was just looking at it from Cosby's point of view. That doesn't mean that I can't understand the victim's point of view. That's not really fair. I don't even know if there is a victim. For all I know these are false accusations. But certainly, I can imagine myself as a victim of rape and having that same point of view. I'd probably want to die, too.
  • Options
    And by the way, there haven't been "15" accusers. Looks like today the 7th woman came forward, but she's a lawyer and lawyers can't be trusted anyway. And also, someone said there were a few out of court settlements, and there was 1. So we need to keep our facts straight.
  • Options

ldent42 said:

How can you understand that from the point of view of the accused but not of the victim? If you were raped, that is most likely exactly how you would feel too!!
    I was just looking at it from Cosby's point of view. That doesn't mean that I can't understand the victim's point of view. That's not really fair. I don't even know if there is a victim. For all I know these are false accusations. But certainly, I can imagine myself as a victim of rape and having that same point of view. I'd probably want to die, too.
    15 people. 15 old women who do not know each other and have nothing to gain, yet all have similiar stories.

this is bill cosby, not dr huxtable we're talking about.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

And by the way, there haven't been "15" accusers. Looks like today the 7th woman came forward, but she's a lawyer and lawyers can't be trusted anyway. And also, someone said there were a few out of court settlements, and there was 1. So we need to keep our facts straight.

the facts are 15 women, to date, have accused him of raping them (10 have chosen to remain anonymous--http://www.vice.com/read/bill-cosby-rape-accuser-barbara-bowman-251 ). 15 women who do not know each other and have nothing to gain by coming forward.

personally, i think cosby is the one who can't be trusted. the man is sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2RP769rAkU#t=429
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Again, I don't know where you're getting the number 15 from? Today the 7th person came forward, from what I read anyway.

And just to clarify, not all 7 are accusing him of rape. For example, the woman who came forward today said that he acted inappropriately. Apparently he accosted her at a party once, whatever she means by that.
    Post edited by The Waiting Trophy Man on
  • Options

this is bill cosby, not dr huxtable we're talking about.

I'm pretty sure most of us can recognize the difference.

There's much within this whole clusterfuck that can and should be questioned.