BILL COSBY IS A CONVICTED RAPIST

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

More than a dozen? Are you sure?

He's never been charged and there isn't a shred of evidence. So far the 2 things that stand out to me is he's rich and he's black. Racism and gold digging at work, it seems.

You guys realize there are a lot of crazy bitches out there, right? Bitches be crazy!

what are your thoughts on the story i posted about where the former Montgomery County Pennsylvania DA thinks he is guilty in the 2004 case but didn't have enough to get a conviction so didn't charge him? he is crazy too?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm not sure where race comes in; haven't seen it mentioned in anything I've read so far.

I get that some weird gold-bandwagon thing may be involved, but because he's black?

This whole debacle has morphed into an odd clusterfuck (not necessarily or solely here, but the commentary, speculations, fucking Dickinson, etc.). I just don't know.
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    After believing the the Lance Armstrong story for some time that he was clean. I now don't put anything past anyone of what they are possibly capable of doing whether that's a good thing or criminal.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    15 women. 15.

Yea, totes, bitches be cray.

Since after all, filing a police report recounting every single traumatizing detail of what happened to you while proving that you were victimized and not "asking for it" based on what you drank and what clothes you wore and getting an intrusive medical examination are the easiest things in the world to do when you're traumatized from a personal violation as severe as rape.

Oh how I wish this fucking thread was in AMT.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    ldent42 said:

Oh how I wish this fucking thread was in AMT.

just curious, 'why' do you wish this (thread) was on the M train?
    So I wouldn't have to see it. I avoid that section. This section, AET is where I read/post most of the time.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    this is so fucked up for a whole generation of kids that grew up with this guy. including yours truly
    if he is guilty then I hope justice finally gets served.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    NBC cancels Cosby Sitcom

Netflix cancels Cosby special

Comedy Central cancels Cosby special

Judge, Jury, Executioner ...

Jason P said:

NBC cancels Cosby Sitcom

yea because not having a show on TV is somehow the equivalent of prison. dear lord
    :-O

he's lucky he is never going to serve jail time. again see my post on the previous page from the former PA District Attorney who thinks he is guilty.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2014
    I just want some actual evidence before crying for him to be in prison. Innocent before proven guilty. I'm not a Cosby fan or anything. Has nothing to do with that. I just don't like witch hunts that are based on no real evidence. For me, a handful of women making accusations doesn't actually hold much water when it comes to accusing very rich and famous people of crimes. There are a LOT of people in the world who would falsley accuse people for shit just because they have mental issues or think they can get money or some kind of attention from it. I'm NOT saying that is the case here.... but it's the reason I want more evidence collected by the police before I act like I know he's guilty.

I do find it hard to believe that 15 women came out, and not only did none of THEM get examined or go to the cops when it happened, but, given that number and then assuming there would be MANY more vicitims who haven't spoken up if 15 have, it's hard to imagine that not a single one of them ever immediately called the cops or got a rape kit done. Not a single one?? Seems odd is all.

Anyway, I will watch to see if any evidence ever arises here. In a way I hope so, because if he's innocent, these allegations are ruining his life in short order. That is only okay (and even pleasing) if he's actually guilty!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited November 2014
    PJ_Soul said:

I just want some actual evidence before crying for him to be in prison. Innocent before proven guilty. I'm not a Cosby fan or anything. Has nothing to do with that. I just don't like witch hunts that are based on no real evidence. For me, a handful of women making accusations doesn't actually hold much water when it comes to accusing very rich and famous people of crimes. There are a LOT of people in the world who would falsley accuse people for shit just because they have mental issues or think they can get money or some kind of attention from it. I'm NOT saying that is the case here.... but it's the reason I want more evidence collected by the police before I act like I know he's guilty.

I do find it hard to believe that 15 women came out, and not only did none of THEM get examined or go to the cops when it happened, but, given that number and then assuming there would be MANY more vicitims who haven't spoken up if 15 have, it's hard to imagine that not a single one of them ever immediately called the cops or got a rape kit done. Not a single one?? Seems odd is all.

Anyway, I will watch to see if any evidence ever arises here. In a way I hope so, because if he's innocent, these allegations are ruining his life in short order. That is only okay (and even pleasing) if he's actually guilty!

i posted a link on the previous page to the story below from NBC10.com in Philadelphia yesterday. Women in 2004 from Temple University did go the police and the DA who got the case believes he is guilty. see below.

from NBC10.Com
    A former Pennsylvania district attorney who declined to prosecute Bill Cosby on sexual assault allegations in 2005 is speaking out for the first time about why he decided to drop the case. His comments come as past allegations of sexual assaults have resurfaced in recent weeks.

"I didn’t say that he didn’t commit the crime,” said former Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce Castor. “What I said was there was insufficient, admissible, and reliable evidence upon which to base a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt. That’s 'prosecutors speak' for 'I think he did it but there's just not enough here to prosecute.'”

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Former-DA-Who-Dropped-Sex-Assault-Case-Against-Bill-Cosby-Speaks-282993771.html#ixzz3JYBild5N

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

NBC cancels Cosby Sitcom

yea because not having a show on TV is somehow the equivalent of prison. dear lord

he's lucky he is never going to serve jail time. again see my post on the previous page from the former PA District Attorney who thinks he is guilty.
    Prison? I'm just pointing out that he was suspended and fired from work without getting due process from the court system, but instead social media.

I'm in the boat that thinks there are mighty suspicious and similar cases being leveled against Cosby.

My point is that we are now living in a day where careers can be ended by social media mobs.
    Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

NBC cancels Cosby Sitcom

Prison? I'm just pointing out that he was suspended and fired from work without getting due process from the court system, but instead social media.

I'm in the boat that thinks there are mighty suspicious and similar cases being leveled against Cosby.

My point is that we are now living in a day where careers can be ended by social media mobs.
    Great post on the AMT's Brown thread which is similar to this...tough for me to disagree.
    Jason P said:

pjhawks said:

Jason P said:

NBC cancels Cosby Sitcom

well personally i think his career is being ended by being a piece of shit and not by the social media mobs. in this case sure looks like the social media mobs are doing something good.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2014
    pjhawks said:

PJ_Soul said:

i posted a link on the previous page to the story below from NBC10.com in Philadelphia yesterday. Women in 2004 from Temple University did go the police and the DA who got the case believes he is guilty. see below.

from NBC10.Com
    A former Pennsylvania district attorney who declined to prosecute Bill Cosby on sexual assault allegations in 2005 is speaking out for the first time about why he decided to drop the case. His comments come as past allegations of sexual assaults have resurfaced in recent weeks.

"I didn’t say that he didn’t commit the crime,” said former Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce Castor. “What I said was there was insufficient, admissible, and reliable evidence upon which to base a conviction beyond a reasonable doubt. That’s 'prosecutors speak' for 'I think he did it but there's just not enough here to prosecute.'”

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Former-DA-Who-Dropped-Sex-Assault-Case-Against-Bill-Cosby-Speaks-282993771.html#ixzz3JYBild5N
    Okay, to clarify, I mean EVIDENCE evidence. Not the kind that no one has. ;)
    Not sure where that DA is coming from, but for all we know he could be some fame-whoring asshole who is going out of his way to make a sensational comment. Maybe not! But maybe so. As for the woman who went to the cops but there is still no evidence?.... well, either there isn't any evidence, or the cops are happy to ignore it (which wouldn't surprise me).

Anyway, my stance won't budge: evidence must exist before persecution. For Cosby, for everyone. Anything less leads to innocent people getting fucked over.

If real evidence is found against Cosby I'll be first in line to say he is a revolting human being. Until then, I have no opinion (literally. I don't defend him either. I am just neutral until something pushes me in one direction or the other).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    ldent42 said:

FYI, I lean on myself and my conscience when it comes to my morality ;)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    so......yeah, he's pretty much a rapist, huh? serial one, at that. those poor women.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    hedonist said:

ldent42 said:

That sounds painful.
    ldent42 said:

hedonist said:

ldent42 said:

That sounds painful.
    I have a gentle touch when necessary.
    hedonist said:

ldent42 said:

hedonist said:

ldent42 said:

That sounds painful.
    I have a gentle touch when necessary.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I see what happened up there, mister!

Surely you knew this would follow (though I hope by his name, not fittingly).

• The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    pjhawks said:

He's never been charged and there isn't a shred of evidence. So far the 2 things that stand out to me is he's rich and he's black. Racism and gold digging at work, it seems.

You guys realize there are a lot of crazy bitches out there, right? Bitches be crazy!

what are your thoughts on the story i posted about where the former Montgomery County Pennsylvania DA thinks he is guilty in the 2004 case but didn't have enough to get a conviction so didn't charge him? he is crazy too?
    I don't trust lawyers. Like someone said, maybe he's seeking publicity? Maybe he hated The Cosby Show, who the hell knows? If he didn't have enough to get a conviction then what's he basing his opinion of guilt on? Because some former model or Wanna-be actress said Bill Cosby raped her 3 decades ago? For every prosecutor trying to convict someone of a crime there is a defence lawyer trying to defend them. Same wi Cosby's lawyer. Of course he says his client is innocent. But what's he basing that on? He's his lawyer, so he's going to defend him. All I know is that he's never been charged and there's been nothing but allegations made - no evidence. Until then, I have to believe he's innocent.

What I'd like to know is who gets date raped in 1982 and then comes forward in 2005? I think one accuser said he raped her in 1969. I'm not sure what any woman has to gain by making these allegations? But I know Cosby has been in the limelight a lot more and he's old. Maybe someone is trying to get a quick out-of-court settlement while he's making money/before he dies? I'll believe that before I believe Bill Cosby drugged and raped women - including during the time he was starring on The Cosby Show. That's just nuts.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Why do people act like they knew bill Cosby and what he would and wouldn't do?

Some pathetic comments here
    edited November 2014

pjhawks said:

I don't trust lawyers. Like someone said, maybe he's seeking publicity? Maybe he hated The Cosby Show, who the hell knows? If he didn't have enough to get a conviction then what's he basing his opinion of guilt on? Because some former model or Wanna-be actress said Bill Cosby raped her 3 decades ago? For every prosecutor trying to convict someone of a crime there is a defence lawyer trying to defend them. Same wi Cosby's lawyer. Of course he says his client is innocent. But what's he basing that on? He's his lawyer, so he's going to defend him. All I know is that he's never been charged and there's been nothing but allegations made - no evidence. Until then, I have to believe he's innocent.

What I'd like to know is who gets date raped in 1982 and then comes forward in 2005? I think one accuser said he raped her in 1969. I'm not sure what any woman has to gain by making these allegations? But I know Cosby has been in the limelight a lot more and he's old. Maybe someone is trying to get a quick out-of-court settlement while he's making money/before he dies? I'll believe that before I believe Bill Cosby drugged and raped women - including during the time he was starring on The Cosby Show. That's just nuts.
    so because he was a funny and seemingly wholesome actor/comedian, you can't believe for a second that the real person was different? doesn't the fact that he settled out of court 10 years ago lead you to believe that he might be guilty of something? if you're innocent, go to court and clear your name.

and, dude.....he supposedly DRUGGED these women. their memories were clouded after he gave them these pills. what chance would a 20 year girl have saying bill cosby (who was one of the biggest stars in the country) raped her back then, especially if her memory was cloudy? none. zero. not worth the ridicule and ruination of their careers.

and what about the fact that 15 middle aged, to old, women now....who do not know each other....have all come forward and all have pretty much the same kind of story? this isn't like one star obsessed young girl looking to advance her career in today's warped world of social media/reality culture. these are old ladies! they have nothing to gain, other than to get their story out and to clear their consciousness. i would imagine the first one's have to feel a certain level of guilt for not going to the police and knowing that their inaction probably just emboldened this fucking guy to rape more women over the next few decades.

and bruce castor was my county's district attorney for a while. say what you want about lawyers, but i've always found him to be a stand up guy and pretty reasonable. and the reason he can talk now, is because the statue of limitations for his case has run out, i believe. and what he is saying makes sense....that sometimes as a da or lawyer, you believe the victims stories, but you don't think you can prove it in a court of law. to me, that rings true in this case here where the victim claims she was drugged.

he also said in his opinion the victim came across as credible while cosby came across as evasive. and he has nothing to gain by giving that interview.

this isn't dr huxtable we are talking about....we're talking about an actor who played dr huxtable on tv.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    i think this is pretty damning video of the ap interview. you almost feel bad for ol' cos.....until, that is, you think of what he is asking the journalist to do. i think cosby is a scum bag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI6z97Efw3I
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    his spanish fly routine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAorIG6MZnc
    chinese-happy.jpg
    For those who've already mentally deemed him guilty - do you not consider that jumping the gun along with those who don blinders?

Does evidence matter?

I'm on the fence with this one; wish I weren't but fuckit - too much woodwork-crawling, he said-she said shit.