Bleeding

Comments

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    repairing a lost or broken friendship is a delicate process.
    it takes a lot of patience and a lot of trust,
    some compromise,
    forgiveness,
    and a little bit of luck.
    fortunately,
    i am finding that
    i seem to have a knack for it.
    and for that ability,
    i am really,
    really grateful.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • AafkeAafke Posts: 1,219
    Aafke wrote:
    That's why I do love old graveyards... Nature takes over what humans try to arrange into order. Chaos takes over again like this tree that grows around a broken gravestone. What I like about this pic are the little fragile flowers growing over the tree and gravestone. I think it's beautiful...

yeah this is a great pic.

i love seeing old graveyards. there is one here in town with headstones from the 1700s. pretty amazing to me, given that this city was not even purchased by the us until the early 1800s.

I would love to have old graveyards in my country, but it's so overcrowded that we don't have place for such a thing. Unfortunately. All graveyards in my country are new and very tidy and need, as if the time has no influence on them. So when I'm on vacation I always look for old graveyards, some where time may go it's cores. I envy you for having such an old graveyard in your hometown, it must be amazing to wonder around on it.

Oldgraveyard_zps159f7341.jpg
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    "Art does not reproduce what we see; rather, it makes us see."- Paul Klee
    yeah it is pretty cool to see some of the old cemeteries around town. some people have these huge mausoleums. they are really cool to look at, but they just take up so much space. the busch family has a pretty cool one here in st louis.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

i need a new start.
    i need to move to another town.
    there really is nothing holding me here now.
    i need a career change.
    i need new friends.
    i need to find a woman
    who will make me feel special
    and will stand by me
    instead of walking away.
    i thought by now i would have had one.
    at times i thought that there were two or three
    i could spend my life with.
    i would have done anything for them.
    i would have gone completely out of my way
    to make sure that they are happy.
    i would have stopped the world
    in order to create a little world
    with one of them.
    our own little world.
    but for whatever reason
    they could not spend their lives with me.
    timing is never right.
    i have been branded
    with the scourge of bad timing.
    it is like a warning to women
    tattooed on my forehead.
    "this is a great guy, but his timing sucks..."
    if i did not have bad timing
    i would have nothing.
    everything i have could go away,
    but the thing that will stay with me
    and haunt me is my incredible
    ability to choose the wrong people
    at the right time, or the right people
    at the most incredibly wrong time.

i have never wanted anything
    so badly in this life,
    as badly as i want
    to be with you right now.

i can only go so far.
    you can meet me halfway.
    or i can meet you 3/4 of the way.
    i had so much hope,
    but the hope is dashed.
    i hate feeling like this.
    bright things are on the horizon,
    but it won't be the same.
    things won't burn as bright,
    and they won't be as exciting.
    i will never be as passionate,
    and i won't be as happy
    as i thought i was before.
    i can only give so much of myself
    away to so many people
    so many times,
    and still keep my self esteem
    self confidence, and self worth..
    i have done everything i can.
    but sadly,
    as has been the case
    my entire life,
    it is not enough...

Or it wasn't the right person...
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    "The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed".- Carl Jung.
    you could be right, but that is part of what i alluded to when i said "as has been the case my entire life." i have always had this incredible ability to get mixed up with people i absolutely adore who end up being the wrong person.

edited January 2014
    I believe that paople change, so a person can be the right one at one time in your life, but can be wrong for you some time later on. I don't believe in happily ever after...
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    i don't believe in that either. i want to, but i don't.

But I do believe that we can learn something from every past relationship... maybe we can learn to love ourselves...
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    i love myself. but i want to love and be loved by someone else too.

Yeah, you are right. I do know that feeling...
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    yeah it is a pretty lonely feeling sometimes. sometimes not though.

if i liked you
    you would know it.
    if i liked you,
    you would be aware.
    if i liked you,
    i would do the little things
    to make your day
    just a little easier.
    i would send you a text
    or a quick message
    just to let you know
    that i am thinking about you.
    if i liked you
    i would write or sing a song for you.
    i would write a stupid haiku
    or read my bad poetry to you.
    If i liked you
    i would make you a priority.
    i would make time for you.
    even if it inconveniences me
    or screws up my whole day.
    if i liked you
    i would stop what i am doing
    and drive or fly or sail to you
    no matter where you are.
    if i liked you
    i would stand bedside you
    and walk with you
    through the hottest of fires.
    i would be loyal to you,
    i would defend you and protect you
    even if i put myself at risk,
    and even if i know you are wrong.
    if i liked you,
    i would give you the shirt off my back
    and the last dollar in my wallet.
    if i liked you
    i would always be honest with you
    and i would never abandon you.
    i would never, ever hurt you,
    or break a promise.
    if i liked you,
    i would never make a promise
    or a vow that i know that i can't keep.
    if i liked you
    i would always be there,
    in spirit, if not phytically.
    i would always be with you..
    if i liked you
    i would do all of these things
    and more.
    you can only imagine
    what i would do,
    if i loved you.

Those are a lot of promises.
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    Aafke said:

sure they are. but that is how i feel and it is what i would do. but if you like someone or if you are in a relationship with someone, you never give up on them. i think the fact that i so readily would do the things i listed could be part of the problem.

Aafke said:

sure they are. but that is how i feel and it is what i would do. but if you like someone or if you are in a relationship with someone, you never give up on them. i think the fact that i so readily would do the things i listed could be part of the problem.
    I don;t know, I think it shows that you still love her, you're faithful, and I believe that is great quality, but it also means that you can get hurt very deeply, as is the case right now, I believe. Don't be harsh on yourself, you don't have to change those fine quality's you have. Give the feelings you have right now, some space, they produce great poetry. Better days will eventualy come...
    ;)
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    Aafke said:

Aafke said:

I don;t know, I think it shows that you still love her, you're faithful, and I believe that is great quality, but it also means that you can get hurt very deeply, as is the case right now, I believe. Don't be harsh on yourself, you don't have to change those fine quality's you have. Give the feelings you have right now, some space, they produce great poetry. Better days will eventualy come...
    ;)
    well of course i still have real feelings for this person. i think i always will. i really fell hard and it just wasn't meant to be i guess. yeah part of being faithful is that it makes you vulnerable to getting hurt. personally, i would rather be loyal and risk getting hurt than to never have felt those feelings for someone else. one thing is certain. had i never met this person i would have never written a lot of this stuff, nor the stuff that i haven't posted. better days will come. just have to ride out the hard ones, which is what i have been doing.

edited January 2014
    Well, by doing so, in my opinion, you are showing real strength, I do deeply respect that.. Stay close to your feelings and keep sharing them, , I truly believe that your already half way in working it out.
    Post edited by Aafke on
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg
    thank you. I am getting there :)

Letter to Elaine Rapp's mother, 1/31/14

Dear Mrs. Rapp,

My name is Rodney Ford. You do not know me, and you probably never heard my name before now. I was a friend of Elaine during her time in Carbondale. I was there as a graduate student from the fall of 1998 until I graduated in May, 2000. I first met Elaine while I was working in the student rec center sports medicine office. She had had an extensive history of back problems and surgery, and I helped with her rehab. I had told her that her history was beyond my scope of knowledge, but I would try my best to help her. During the weeks that I treated her, we became fast friends. During that time, I met Elaine and got to know her pretty well. My group of friends became friends with her group of friends, and we hung out quite a bit during that time.

In my circle of friends, we had a friend named Elaine already, so we referred to your Elaine simply as "Rapp". I moved to St. Louis in May, 2000 and Elaine and I kept in touch via email for maybe a year after that. In mid 2001, I had found a pretty serious girlfriend, and I began to get busy moving forward with my life. I lost track of most of my graduate school friends. Most sadly, Elaine and I lost touch, and I was never able to contact her again after that. The email address I had no longer worked after awhile, and back then, nobody had cell phones or social media, so I had no way of reaching out to her to catch up and see how she was doing.

The purpose of me contacting you is twofold. I was looking through and old photo album last night and I found a poloroid of Elaine and I together in July 1999 at one of the bars where we hung out. Me finding that photo prompted me to start doing a little research to see if I could locate her and say hello. I had checked on Facebook and other social sites off and on for the last 5 years or so, and I never found her on any of those sites. Last night, I found that Elaine had passed away in 2007. I had no idea. I am completely shocked and saddened. I do not know what happened, whether she was sick, or whether it was sudden. The websites I saw did not specify. My first thought was of her family, especially her mother, that I had never met. I am reaching out tonight because I thought you might like to have that poloroid, which I scanned and will attach at the end of this message.

That picture was taken at a place called Pinch Penny, which was a bar that we all frequented. Back then, there was a guy at the bar with a poloroid camera and he would take photos of people and sell the photos for $5 each. That night, Elaine and I both bought 2 each. I remember that we both felt that we got gouged on the price of those photos, but looking back, the picture I sill have is worth much more than the $5 I spent on it. To me is is a priceless reminder of Elaine and the friendship that we shared. The one I am attaching is the only one I could find. I am not sure what happened to the other pictures we had taken together. Thinking about the loss of those photos makes me sad.

The other purpose of me reaching out is to express to you my deepest sympathy and most heartfelt condolences. I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I wanted you to know that you may have lost her six years ago, but her passing is complete news to me tonight. I wanted you to know that even though she may be gone, she is still loved and she is not forgotten. I have not forgotten her, and I will not forget her. I can not tell you how many times since 2001 I have thought about her, wondered how she was doing, and hoped that she was living a happy life. I did not know where she was, but I hoped that she had gotten all of the things out of life that she had told me that she wanted.

Elaine was such an amazing person. I can not find the words to tell you how highly I thought of her. She was one of the nicest, sweetest, and beautiful people that I have ever met. Everyone loved her and thought that she was great. You must be very proud of the person that she became. I was proud to have known her for the brief time that I did. I still hear her voice and her laugh when I think about some of the times we hung out together. It takes a special person for someone to remember their voice when they have not heard it in 13 years.

I am sorry to have brought up any sad emotions with this letter. But I felt that reaching out to you was something that I had to do, just so that I can relay to her family how special she was to me. She was one of the closest friends I ever had, and I regret that her and I lost touch and that it was mostly my fault. That regret is something that I am going to have to work through. But reaching out to you has helped me in my time of grieving her loss these last two nights.

Things never worked out with me and that serious girlfriend in 2001. I would have traded that relationship for Elaine's friendship any day of the week. I only wish that I had done so when I had the chance all those years ago.

I hope this message finds you well and I pray that you will find comfort in the fact that Elaine had such a positive impact on so many people, and that she was beloved by everyone that knew her. I am so proud and so thankful to have had the chance to get to know her.

Please accept the poloroid, along with my condolences and my sympathies.

Sincerely,

Rodney

why do i reach out?
    a catty reply is better
    than the silence that i get.
    i should know better by now.
    i never learn.
    you go out of your way
    to be nice to someone,
    to be kind to them,
    to be their friend,
    and you only matter
    when it is convenient for them.
    people fucking suck sometimes.

this winter
    has been the longest
    that i can remember.
    i can't remember a time
    when we have had
    plowed snow mountains
    8 feet high
    that remain from a snow
    that we had a month ago.
    i can't remember a stretch
    that we have had this long
    below freezing.
    another half foot of snow
    on its way right now.
    it piles up
    and buries you
    like the burden
    of debts
    and favors owed.
    like the heavy weight
    of a guilty conscience.
    i'm waiting for the spring
    to warm the earth
    enough to melt the snow
    and the ice
    that is frozen in my veins.

winter...

fuck you,

that is all.

its been a nasty
    and cold winter.
    i can not wait for spring.
    sometimes i feel like
    i am not going to make it.
    but knowing it is coming
    is what keeps me going.

• SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

winter...

fuck you,

that is all.

its been a nasty
    and cold winter.
    i can not wait for spring.
    sometimes i feel like
    i am not going to make it.
    but knowing it is coming
    is what keeps me going.

It's like you are reading my mind.

Dear Winter,
    You have overstayed your welcome. Pack your shit and go.
    ELITIST FUK
    i am pretty much over winter. i fucking hate it.

to hold a candle for someone,
    a person who no longer
    acknowledges your existance,
    is the most helpless feeling
    that you can ever feel.
    i don't get it.
    i'm a good guy,
    i'm a caring guy,
    i am a fun guy,
    i'm an attractive guy,
    i'm a talented guy,
    i have always been able
    to be with whomever i wanted.
    but for some reason,
    just not in this case.

every person has a story.
    is it a good thing,
    or a bad thing,
    that i want to know
    your story??
    it is not just that.
    i want to know it,
    better than i know my own..

I think our life story's make us who we are...
    Waves_zps6b028461.jpg