vancouver = WORST ga lineup organization

Comments

• teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    The people with the numbers on their hands seem to be acting like f'n children.

Hearing about the "rail" is now the most annoying thing to hear from these fans.

I just don't understand the mentality of the "the rail" entitlement. It is so funny that the original tour email said "Because the entire GA section is fan club only, there is no need for early entry" and yet people line up before the sunrise instead to waste their vacation with a number on their hand. The part I don't understand is why you would go through all this effort when you can show up when the doors open or maybe even after they open and get like 3 people from the front. If you people didn't line up all dang day, and everyone just showed up when the doors open, you might still be able to get the rail. It's craziness thanks to like 100 people or whatever it is that makes up the front row.
    I hear ya. Even Pearl Jam has a bunch of "TFLs" total fuckin losers in their fan base. And it always appears the "ugly stick" made a pass through that GA line, never seen so many dogs, even in LA!

Like most sane fans with GA, I woke up late, had a great lunch, took a nap, watched some football then showed up at 6-630 to check out merch and go in. And was 3-4 deep behind Mike for an unbelievable show.

Heard people started line at 3AM in LA? What a worthless life you must have.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• DivkaDivka Posts: 196
    edited December 2013
    I've always been the type of concert-goer who will get in line at the butt-crack of dawn because I want to be in the front row. I do this for 2 reasons - 1) I am 5'1 and if I'm not in the front I can't see crap. 2) Like Dimitris said, being right in front of Mike is the best thing ever. I will happily stand (or sit) in line for 12 hours to make that happen. Been doing it since I was 15.

For the list - the first time I encountered it was in Missoula, and it worked very well. People didn't abuse the system in that they didn't show up at 8am, grab a number, and take off until 4:30pm. The idea was that if you needed to go get some food, or take a pee, you could leave the line without losing your place. And it helped when the time came to go pick up tix.

The only other GA list I have encountered was in Phoenix. This time, people acted as if the # on their hand was a ticket with a reserved seat on it.So when those people with numbers on their hands who disappeared all day showed back up at 4:30 and began shoving themselves in line, it was a shit show. And yes, there was that one crazy person who started yelling orders and acting like they were in charge. I think that if you want to claim a spot at the front of the line, stay in the damn line all day. If you can't handle that, then show up before doors open and get the best spot you can.

I played along with both lists in that I got a # and I wrote my name down, but I stayed in line all day long. I love the GA section and hope it stays, but I wish the lists would disappear. Just get in line. Don't act like you own a spot on the pavement because the first person in line handed you a sharpie. :fp:
    Post edited by Divka on
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    teskeinc wrote:

Hearing about the "rail" is now the most annoying thing to hear from these fans.

I just don't understand the mentality of the "the rail" entitlement. It is so funny that the original tour email said "Because the entire GA section is fan club only, there is no need for early entry" and yet people line up before the sunrise instead to waste their vacation with a number on their hand. The part I don't understand is why you would go through all this effort when you can show up when the doors open or maybe even after they open and get like 3 people from the front. If you people didn't line up all dang day, and everyone just showed up when the doors open, you might still be able to get the rail. It's craziness thanks to like 100 people or whatever it is that makes up the front row.
    I hear ya. Even Pearl Jam has a bunch of "TFLs" total fuckin losers in their fan base. And it always appears the "ugly stick" made a pass through that GA line, never seen so many dogs, even in LA!
    :lol: Incredible
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    my2hands wrote:
    2014... i am urinating on "the list"
    I'll wipe my ass with it
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    teskeinc wrote:

Like most sane fans with GA, I woke up late, had a great lunch, took a nap, watched some football then showed up at 6-630 to check out merch and go in. And was 3-4 deep behind Mike for an unbelievable show.

This post puts you in the TFL category. Well done, if that was your intent.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    teskeinc wrote:

Hey that's not cool. The comments above are the views of teskeinc and are not associated with High Fidelity 2000. :lol: I am sure they see a reason to do it, and I've been front row before (reserved seats) and it was awesome... but I just don't get that it's supposedly the same people doing this show after show, wasting their entire vacation days in line to get what amounts to about 5 feet closer. Go do something fun and see a new city. Get lunch somewhere good, come back at 5:30. I guess maybe "the list" lets them do this anyway which also isn't fair.

In fact, with the cameras and train tracks this tour, the front row isn't even as CLOSE as it used to be! When I was front row in 2000 Ed actually stood at the edge of the stage and HANDED me (not threw) a pick, I was 5 feet closer than you rail-chasers this tour, so take that!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    BinFrog wrote:
    teskeinc wrote:

This post puts you in the TFL category. Well done, if that was your intent.

this. holy shit.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Screw waiting in line all day or any stupid list.

It's called GENERAL ADMISSION for a reason. I'll show up late, walk right up to the stage, and stand in front of you.

You want a number? Go sit in a reserved seat.

Nothing irks me more than going to a concert, making my way up to the stage, and having someone tell me I'm in their 'spot' or crowding their 'area' because they were there first. Well guess what? I got a beer, took a piss, and I'm here now.

This is rock concert people. We're not waiting in line for Subway fucking sandwiches.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 wrote:

It's called GENERAL ADMISSION for a reason. I'll show up late, walk right up to the stage, and stand in front of you.

Nothing irks me more than going to a concert, making my way up to the stage, and having someone tell me I'm in their 'spot' or crowding their 'area' because they were there first. Well guess what? I got a beer, took a piss, and I'm here now.

This is rock concert people. We're not waiting in line for Subway fucking sandwiches.

another jokester
    CM189191 wrote:

ALSO not cool.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• jordan kjordan k Posts: 196
    Wow I had no idea about any list at all. I brought my wife and step kids, showed up at 730, walked in, got a nice spot Stone side and had a blast.
    Key Arena - Nov 05 2000, General Motors Place - May 30 2003, General Motors Place - Sep 02 2005, Canada Olympic Park - Aug 08 2009,Key Arena - Sep 22 2009, GM Place - Sep 25 2009, The O2 - Jun 22 2010, Odyssey Arena - Jun 23 2010, Hyde Park - Jun 25 2010, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Scotiabank Saddledome - Sep 21, 2011, Rexall Place - Sep 23, 2011, Pacific Coliseum - Sep 25, 2011, Portland OR 11-29-2013, Spokane WA 11-30-2013, Vancouver BC 12-04-2013, Seattle WA 12-06-2013, Toronto ON 05-10-2016, Toronto ON 05-12-2016, Seattle WA 08-08-2018, Seattle 08-10-2018

EV Arlene Schnitzer Hall - July 14 2011, EV Benaroya Hall - July 16 2011

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    CM189191 wrote:
    I'll show up late, walk right up to the stage, and stand in front of you.

in case you wonder thats why the list created years ago ..to protect people waiting all day from this attitude
    but some took advantage of it and put their names on it,dissapear for hours and comes back and say i have anumber,im on the list

thats the whole drama and what really happens..not crazy huge problems,or an act of goverment to take your rights.

BUT..most of the people are respectful and good to eachother and use common sense
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JimmyV wrote:
    eddiec wrote:
    I want to hear more about this crazy bitch who was shouting orders at the line like a Nazi. :corn:

Need to start a thread for craziest GA/list story.

In all these threads on this topic have we heard from anyone who admits to running the list? I am curious to hear from the horse's mouth if they agree or disagree that rampant abuse is taking place.

you haven't heard from them because they are currently in line making the seattle entitlement line list and marking hands…..i went to 5 shows this tour and saw a ton of the same people on the rail. eventually the band has to get tired of seeing the same faces right? i think its kind of creepy and border line stalker-ish.
  • CM189191 wrote:

ALSO not cool.

Bullshit, this guy is absolutely right ! Its a GA show and I will stand wherever the fuck I want when I want. I will be civil but if you act like a bitch or a TFL then its on !
    CM189191 wrote:

in case you wonder thats why the list created years ago ..to protect people waiting all day from this attitude
    but some took advantage of it and put their names on it,dissapear for hours and comes back and say i have anumber,im on the list

thats the whole drama and what really happens..not crazy huge problems,or an act of goverment to take your rights.

BUT..most of the people are respectful and good to eachother and use common sense

it's hard to tell if you're for or against the list.

this person is talking about standing in front of someone who has already found their spot on the floor.
    CM189191 wrote:

ALSO not cool.

Bullshit, this guy is absolutely right ! Its a GA show and I will stand wherever the fuck I want when I want. I will be civil but if you act like a bitch or a TFL then its on !

keep it up :lol:
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JimmyV wrote:

In all these threads on this topic have we heard from anyone who admits to running the list? I am curious to hear from the horse's mouth if they agree or disagree that rampant abuse is taking place.

you haven't heard from them because they are currently in line making the seattle entitlement line list and marking hands…..i went to 5 shows this tour and saw a ton of the same people on the rail. eventually the band has to get tired of seeing the same faces right? i think its kind of creepy and border line stalker-ish.

You do have to question why, if these stories are embellished, no one who has ran a list has jumped in to say so. Gotta believe if you are the kind of fan who is going to be first in line for GA you are also going to be lurking on the band's message board in your free time.

If someone who has ran a list has a different version of events than the one we have heard I encourage them to speak up. I am curious to hear it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • DivkaDivka Posts: 196
    CM189191 wrote:

Lack of consideration is not an admirable trait. GA does not = the right to bully your way to the stage. Nothing irks me more than going to a concert and having some jerk (try to) shove his way in front of me. I may be little but I don't put up with crap like that. Just because there is three inches of space in between me and someone else doesn't mean you get to stand there.
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
    shortstack wrote:
    CM189191 wrote:

this person is talking about standing in front of someone who has already found their spot on the floor.
    im against the list,i dont do it,i did it in the past ,i know how it works,and works perfect if people arent act like animals and resepct eachother and not take advantage of it and sneak 10 people wasnt there all day..and in that case u dont even need a fuckin list....
    but im against all those who never see pj from GA and dont understand the how away different experience is and make the fuckin list the number 1 problem on the planet cos they dont want the GA at pj concert and try to find every fuickin excuse and problem to create a situation that GA sucks
    well,its not....and the band proves it by making the last place on the planet,North America ,GA shows as well
    an dputs their best shows ever
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Yeah, it is hard to argue that the band has not been positively affected by the GA experience this time around.

THIS TOUR IS AWESOME!!!

JimmyV wrote:
    Yeah, it is hard to argue that the band has not been positively affected by the GA experience this time around.

THIS TOUR IS AWESOME!!!
    exactly..+ and at your question,the first guy arrives there,take a pen,write 1 and his name on a paper to "protect ",.i was here 1st..thats how it works,,usually are the same people,travelling and save money by staying there than a hotel ,,,thats why u see chairs and sleeping bags,,people do that are organized..
    JimmyV wrote:

THIS TOUR IS AWESOME!!!
    exactly..+ and at your question,the first guy arrives there,take a pen,write 1 and his name on a paper to "protect ",.i was here 1st..thats how it works,,usually are the same people,travelling and save money by staying there than a hotel ,,,thats why u see chairs and sleeping bags,,people do that are organized..

MMMmmmmm I bet they smell GOOD when you get pressed up against them for 3 hours 2nd row from the rail. :lol:

JimmyV wrote:

THIS TOUR IS AWESOME!!!

Would love to hear from one of them.

shortstack wrote:

im against the list,i dont do it,i did it in the past ,i know how it works,and works perfect if people arent act like animals and resepct eachother and not take advantage of it and sneak 10 people wasnt there all day..and in that case u dont even need a fuckin list....

but im against all those who never see pj from GA and dont understand the how away different experience is and make the fuckin list the number 1 problem on the planet cos they dont want the GA at pj concert and try to find every fuickin excuse and problem to create a situation that GA sucks
    well,its not....and the band proves it by making the last place on the planet,North America ,GA shows as well

okay, i see that the list seemed okay to you in the past but now people are taking advantage of it. got that.

who is trying every "fuckin" excuse to make GA look bad? ...if that's what you're saying
    JimmyV wrote:

THIS TOUR IS AWESOME!!!

MMMmmmmm I bet they smell GOOD when you get pressed up against them for 3 hours 2nd row from the rail. :lol:
    ill tell u this. when you see they put out the Axe roll on ,means ,its time for a shower :lol:
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

Well I guess since I meet some of the criteria of your comment, I'd just like to say that while I of course don't speak for anyone but myself, I THINK that there is a group of people who's primary concern has nothing to do with GA, rather it has more to do with the potential for something tragic. Now, from some additional comments that have been made ITT, perhaps that is not an issue. But in just reading through here you can see some people are infuriated by this list and that anger appears to be somewhat escalating. I'm not opposed to GA if it is done in orderly fashion which is clearly currently open for debate, at least for US shows.

For the record, my 10C number is so poor that GA actually benefits me in the lottery because I personally will choose reserved every time.
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    rival. wrote:
    actually, i hope they keep GA.

all you animals will still put it as your first preference during the 10c lottery sale, i will put reserved seating as my first preference and be pretty much guaranteed tickets, great seating side stage, and i will be able to walk into the venue at 8pm headache and confrontation free and without dealing with the nut jobs holding a notebook and a black sharpie :)

this guy knows what's up :)
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,170
    JimmyV wrote:
    . Gotta believe if you are the kind of fan who is going to be first in line for GA you are also going to be lurking on the band's message board in your free time.

They are too busy hanging at the entry to Key Arena currently.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Divka wrote:
    CM189191 wrote:

Lack of consideration is not an admirable trait. GA does not = the right to bully your way to the stage. Nothing irks me more than going to a concert and having some jerk (try to) shove his way in front of me. I may be little but I don't put up with crap like that. Just because there is three inches of space in between me and someone else doesn't mean you get to stand there.

Being on some list doesn't give you the right to bully your way up to the stage either. You didn't earn your spot any more than some jerk who bullied their way to the front.

Again, it's general admission. You don't get a spot. It's not yours. You share and share alike. Golden rule, treat others as you'd like to be treated and all that jazz.

Speaking as former security/doorman at a concert venue: If someone walked up to me with a list and said "this is how we run things", they would be listening to the show from the alley out back.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • rival. wrote:
    actually, i hope they keep GA.

all you animals will still put it as your first preference during the 10c lottery sale, i will put reserved seating as my first preference and be pretty much guaranteed tickets, great seating side stage, and i will be able to walk into the venue at 8pm headache and confrontation free and without dealing with the nut jobs holding a notebook and a black sharpie :)

this guy knows what's up :)
    Exactly. GA was awesome for making my crappy (lost my good one) number seats much better :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif