vancouver = WORST ga lineup organization

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    shortstack wrote:
    teskeinc wrote:
    maybe the "ugly stick" brought its friend the "stinky twig" also?

i'm gonna need to see some pics of you asap :P
    :lol::lol::lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    im no "Don Johnson" but Im not in the line and showered before and after my GA shows! :lol:
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• PRL1JAMPRL1JAM Posts: 782
    curly wrote:
    my friend and I got #17 and 18 at 9am in OK city...
    we came back at 515pm and kinda non chelont made our way past the 100+ people to the front of the line...
    it was pure luck and I got the rail between ed and stone... was my 14th show since 95' and I'm pretty sure it will be my one and only time ever being that close...

I'm so thankful of the Number system but did hear a lot of people noting they knew nothing about it...
    and quite frankly,... I was amazed they even let us up to the front before the doors opened...
    granite we were being extremely friendly,...but if people would have said "no way, back of the line"...
    I would have gone to the back and not been upset at all...
    the internet has so much good to offer, but just as much bad as well and evil as well...
    so for people not "in the know" or don't live "on line" I give them much respect....
    and the end of the day,... I think I have to agree with the first come first serve policy...
    specially when tix are sold....someday I hope it goes back to half the tickets are printed up and sold at the venue in a first come first serve on a particular Saturday morning......that would be a dream though...

I read other's and keep an open mind on this....as I can totally see both sides also...

Wow. Really? Touched the spot at 9am and enjoyed your day till 5:15pm, and on here to brag of it? okkkkk

exactly. I was thinking the same thing.

get there early, "check in", get a number on your hand, and then take off all day. After some pre-partying, show up and expect to be up front. Fuck that. That's bullshit. You want the rail, pay your dues like everyone else and wait there
  • DivkaDivka Posts: 196
    PRL1JAM wrote:
    curly wrote:
    my friend and I got #17 and 18 at 9am in OK city...
    we came back at 515pm and kinda non chelont made our way past the 100+ people to the front of the line...
    it was pure luck and I got the rail between ed and stone... was my 14th show since 95' and I'm pretty sure it will be my one and only time ever being that close...

I'm so thankful of the Number system but did hear a lot of people noting they knew nothing about it...
    and quite frankly,... I was amazed they even let us up to the front before the doors opened...
    granite we were being extremely friendly,...but if people would have said "no way, back of the line"...
    I would have gone to the back and not been upset at all...
    the internet has so much good to offer, but just as much bad as well and evil as well...
    so for people not "in the know" or don't live "on line" I give them much respect....
    and the end of the day,... I think I have to agree with the first come first serve policy...
    specially when tix are sold....someday I hope it goes back to half the tickets are printed up and sold at the venue in a first come first serve on a particular Saturday morning......that would be a dream though...

I read other's and keep an open mind on this....as I can totally see both sides also...

Wow. Really? Touched the spot at 9am and enjoyed your day till 5:15pm, and on here to brag of it? okkkkk

exactly. I was thinking the same thing.

get there early, "check in", get a number on your hand, and then take off all day. After some pre-partying, show up and expect to be up front. Fuck that. That's bullshit. You want the rail, pay your dues like everyone else and wait there

Here, here
    When the stars exploded billions of years ago, they formed everything that is this world. Everything we know is stardust...
  • lakerat25 wrote:
    The list is a total joke. In San Diego some gal with black hair and a voice that could peel paint was running it. I was about 90-120 deep and nobody around me had a number. When she came back to "line up" everyone, the group in front of me said they didn't have number, didn't know about the number and that was the end of it. It still pissed a bunch of people off to see a large group stroll up in line just because they got a "number". I find it humorous that the "number system" is an indication of the people who seem to move in the opposite direction of the band they hold so near and dear to their hearts.

I saw that same girl at LA2 with list in hand I'm pretty sure.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    DewieCox wrote:
    shortstack wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    Dimi's point about not needing a list if people are humane to each other and don't behave like spoiled kids is totally on point. Freakin line up, walk in and get as close as you can and you'll have a sweet time.

i don't think that was his point, but okay....

im against the list,i dont do it,i did it in the past ,i know how it works,and works perfect if people arent act like animals and resepct eachother and not take advantage of it and sneak 10 people wasnt there all day..and in that case u dont even need a fuckin list....

I'm pretty sure it was at least part of his point.
    Yep...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Divka wrote:
    I've always been the type of concert-goer who will get in line at the butt-crack of dawn because I want to be in the front row. I do this for 2 reasons - 1) I am 5'1 and if I'm not in the front I can't see crap. 2) Like Dimitris said, being right in front of Mike is the best thing ever. I will happily stand (or sit) in line for 12 hours to make that happen. Been doing it since I was 15.

For the list - the first time I encountered it was in Missoula, and it worked very well. People didn't abuse the system in that they didn't show up at 8am, grab a number, and take off until 4:30pm. The idea was that if you needed to go get some food, or take a pee, you could leave the line without losing your place. And it helped when the time came to go pick up tix.

The only other GA list I have encountered was in Phoenix. This time, people acted as if the # on their hand was a ticket with a reserved seat on it.So when those people with numbers on their hands who disappeared all day showed back up at 4:30 and began shoving themselves in line, it was a shit show. And yes, there was that one crazy person who started yelling orders and acting like they were in charge. I think that if you want to claim a spot at the front of the line, stay in the damn line all day. If you can't handle that, then show up before doors open and get the best spot you can.

I played along with both lists in that I got a # and I wrote my name down, but I stayed in line all day long. I love the GA section and hope it stays, but I wish the lists would disappear. Just get in line. Don't act like you own a spot on the pavement because the first person in line handed you a sharpie. :fp:

Well put. Sad to hear there was abuse of it in PHX.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • If I ever get GA tickets, I'm finding a nice cozy spot in the BACK of GA, leaning against the rail, dead-center with a completely unobstructed view, far from you people in the front.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    The explosion is about to happen.
    Saw the Philly shows
    And people were cool.
    But the GA could hurt someone....
    Eventually
    Rockside couldn't happen again...
    Could it?
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • crazygeo wrote:
    The explosion is about to happen.
    Saw the Philly shows
    And people were cool.
    But the GA could hurt someone....
    Eventually
    Rockside couldn't happen again...
    Could it?

Not in an arena.

Sure someone could eat shit running down the stairs to get to the floor trying to be the #1 TFL of the night.
  • smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    If I ever get GA tickets, I'm finding a nice cozy spot in the BACK of GA, leaning against the rail, dead-center with a completely unobstructed view, far from you people in the front.

Did that just last night!!
    If I ever get GA tickets, I'm finding a nice cozy spot in the BACK of GA, leaning against the rail, dead-center with a completely unobstructed view, far from you people in the front.
    The people up front in the pit are absolutely fantastic. They only turn into monsters outside in the line. Once they get their fucking spot on the rail the revert back to cool people who just really love PJ and want to rock out. It was really really fun being up at the front, and every single person around me was awesome, including the people on the rail right in front of me.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    DewieCox wrote:
    shortstack wrote:

i don't think that was his point, but okay....

im against the list,i dont do it,i did it in the past ,i know how it works,and works perfect if people arent act like animals and resepct eachother and not take advantage of it and sneak 10 people wasnt there all day..and in that case u dont even need a fuckin list...

I'm pretty sure it was at least part of his point.
    Yep...

but he also said that it works perfect if no one takes advantage of it. so it's a neither this nor that answer. anything to stay popular with all the peops, i guess. :thumbup:
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • smanchac1 wrote:

Did that just last night!!

Well I'll be right next to ya the next time I get GA tix.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    The people up front in the pit are absolutely fantastic. They only turn into monsters outside in the line. Once they get their fucking spot on the rail the revert back to cool people who just really love PJ and want to rock out. It was really really fun being up at the front, and every single person around me was awesome, including the people on the rail right in front of me.

Yeah I'm sure everyone's cool. But frankly, I'd never arrive in time to be near the rail anyway. So I'd rather get comfortable in the back and scout ways to move up than deal with all that comes with trying to get a prime spot.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • So Philly 2 was my second show. I was by myself and got there at 12. Got my poster and put that in the car, went to the back of the line for GA and was next to this dude who had number 50 on his hand. I asked him about the number and he said he really wasn't sure but thought it kept his spot. Wasn't sure about how official it was but figured it was how it was being done. He had been there for a few hours. So we started talking and I mentioned a rumor I had heard here on the forum about Philly 1 and how people in the bar at the far end had gotten into GA before anyone else. So we left the line and walked around to try to figure this out. Turns out the bar idea was a wash so later we went to get back in line and it had grown about 50 more deep. We weren't being dicks or anything but we were ignorant as to whether or not the list was official. We thought it was. So we started asking people right about where we had met what their numbers were. We got right behind the guy who was # 47 or so and started hanging with them. Made some show friends. They had some beers and we imbibed. Then numbers 52/53 showed up. They were cool so we let them in line with us. A few more kinda showed up and suddenly we were a group of like 8 that were having a great time together waiting. This type of thing was happening in front of us and behind us as well but nobody was getting all riled up or violent. Come time for doors to open, I'd say we were about number 100 or so even though my new buddy was supposed to be number 50. We as a group ended up about 3-4 deep between eddie and stone. Had a great time and there didn't seem to be much of an issue about the line. I guess it's just how the vibe is the day of the show. The title of this thread being "worse ga lineup in vancouver" but it sounds like the lineup has been the same at all the shows.
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    So Philly 2 was my second show. I was by myself and got there at 12. Got my poster and put that in the car, went to the back of the line for GA and was next to this dude who had number 50 on his hand. I asked him about the number and he said he really wasn't sure but thought it kept his spot. Wasn't sure about how official it was but figured it was how it was being done. He had been there for a few hours. So we started talking and I mentioned a rumor I had heard here on the forum about Philly 1 and how people in the bar at the far end had gotten into GA before anyone else. So we left the line and walked around to try to figure this out. Turns out the bar idea was a wash so later we went to get back in line and it had grown about 50 more deep. We weren't being dicks or anything but we were ignorant as to whether or not the list was official. We thought it was. So we started asking people right about where we had met what their numbers were. We got right behind the guy who was # 47 or so and started hanging with them. Made some show friends. They had some beers and we imbibed. Then numbers 52/53 showed up. They were cool so we let them in line with us. A few more kinda showed up and suddenly we were a group of like 8 that were having a great time together waiting. This type of thing was happening in front of us and behind us as well but nobody was getting all riled up or violent. Come time for doors to open, I'd say we were about number 100 or so even though my new buddy was supposed to be number 50. We as a group ended up about 3-4 deep between eddie and stone. Had a great time and there didn't seem to be much of an issue about the line. I guess it's just how the vibe is the day of the show. The title of this thread being "worse ga lineup in vancouver" but it sounds like the lineup has been the same at all the shows.
    Really? People were screaming and running up and down the line in a panic giving directions in Philly too?
  • [/quote]
    Really? People were screaming and running up and down the line in a panic giving directions in Philly too?[/quote]

Not running or panicking. But there was a list and I remember someone with a clipboard claiming to be in charge of the list. I just remember mostly coolness going on but the same type of setup for the line as all the other shows as I've read online here. I was only at one other show pittsburgh but got there later and ont remember much in the way of a list etc.
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Really? People were screaming and running up and down the line in a panic giving directions in Philly too?

Not running or panicking. But there was a list and I remember someone with a clipboard claiming to be in charge of the list. I just remember mostly coolness going on but the same type of setup for the line as all the other shows as I've read online here. I was only at one other show pittsburgh but got there later and ont remember much in the way of a list etc.

Oh okay... This thread is titled what it is because the the line was actually complete chaos, at least in the hour before doors opened. :lol: It wasn't just the usual flood of assholes cutting in line and everyone bending over and taking it. :P
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,905
    If it makes people feel better I remember a similar but completely different GA pit issue at the same Arena.

It's a bit different because u2 (like springsteen) aren't really drawing for the rail.... they're drawing for people to get into the pit itself (which even though the whole floor is GA, is a seperate smaller ga section up front).

On the Vertigo tour U2 didn't really organize it. It first come first serve with roughly 300-350 capacity in the pit. Fans did do a number thing and were number 200ish and to be fair everyone seemed to wait rather then take off for extended periods of time. The problem that happened was the GA line got so long (it was by gate 7) that it double back on itself (in the shape of a horseshoe) so the back of the line was right next to the front of the line. That completely sucked. As soon as doors opened.. all the people at the back of the line hopped the fence and budged in :(

The next tour it was by random ticket draw. IE they scanned your ticket and if it won you got a wristband for the pit. That was pretty awesome.

It's a bit wierd because the other bands that deal with it are only trying to allocate who gets into the pit.

I guess springsteens method would work best if you wanted a controlled atmosphere. No lines and no waiting around all day. You show up in the afternoon, grab a number, come back at 5, the draw a number. Say 900 people draw numbers, they pull 666, then 666 is the first, they go up to 900, then go back 1 until the pit is full.

It takes a bit of staffing to run it, so imagine there's a cost there. It's meant to get a bunch of people in the pit, and its not so much about rail. Obviously if your in the first 40 or 50 after the called number should get on the rail.

I can't see PJ hiring staff and running it like that just to make sure 50 people get the rail. It makes a bit more sense when it gets 100's of people in the pit.

I would say do it old school. No managing of a list. Wait in line with a buddy, get to know your neighbors, and that way you can take turns taking piss breaks. As long as the people around you know that's your spot the line is self contained....

Kind of like last night in Vancouver when I took a piss break between Mudhoney and PJ. I had a pretty nice spot a few rows back just to the right of Eddie. My brother saved me some room. People really didn't want to let me back up, then the girl who standing behind me vouched for me and I got through :)
    Zod wrote:
    If it makes people feel better I remember a similar but completely different GA pit issue at the same Arena.

It's a bit different because u2 (like springsteen) aren't really drawing for the rail.... they're drawing for people to get into the pit itself (which even though the whole floor is GA, is a seperate smaller ga section up front).

On the Vertigo tour U2 didn't really organize it. It first come first serve with roughly 300-350 capacity in the pit. Fans did do a number thing and were number 200ish and to be fair everyone seemed to wait rather then take off for extended periods of time. The problem that happened was the GA line got so long (it was by gate 7) that it double back on itself (in the shape of a horseshoe) so the back of the line was right next to the front of the line. That completely sucked. As soon as doors opened.. all the people at the back of the line hopped the fence and budged in :(

The next tour it was by random ticket draw. IE they scanned your ticket and if it won you got a wristband for the pit. That was pretty awesome.

It's a bit wierd because the other bands that deal with it are only trying to allocate who gets into the pit.

I guess springsteens method would work best if you wanted a controlled atmosphere. No lines and no waiting around all day. You show up in the afternoon, grab a number, come back at 5, the draw a number. Say 900 people draw numbers, they pull 666, then 666 is the first, they go up to 900, then go back 1 until the pit is full.

It takes a bit of staffing to run it, so imagine there's a cost there. It's meant to get a bunch of people in the pit, and its not so much about rail. Obviously if your in the first 40 or 50 after the called number should get on the rail.

I can't see PJ hiring staff and running it like that just to make sure 50 people get the rail. It makes a bit more sense when it gets 100's of people in the pit.

I would say do it old school. No managing of a list. Wait in line with a buddy, get to know your neighbors, and that way you can take turns taking piss breaks. As long as the people around you know that's your spot the line is self contained....

Kind of like last night in Vancouver when I took a piss break between Mudhoney and PJ. I had a pretty nice spot a few rows back just to the right of Eddie. My brother saved me some room. People really didn't want to let me back up, then the girl who standing behind me vouched for me and I got through :)
    Sounds like we were almost right next to each other. i was directly in front of Ed, maybe one person to the left, third from the rail), and all the people in that spot were very cool before PJ came on about people going to the washroom and coming back to our spot. Once everyone was in it was practically a love fest, at least where I was. :D

Hey, since it happened closer to you, do you know why two security guys came barging through the pit before the show started??
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Hey, since it happened closer to you, do you know why two security guys came barging through the pit before the show started??

I didn't see that go down at all.

We did have a girl go down in the pit (Well into the show). She just sat down in the pit and the girl next to me started asking if she was ok. I went to try to get help her up but I couldn't without putting some serious effort into lifing her (which I really don't want to interfere with peoples personal bubbles if I don't have to). The girl next to me started lifting her out and repeated she needed help. I tapped the people ahead of me and it sort of parted like the red sea. We got her up and to security at the front of the rail.

Not sure what happened to her. Hope she's ok.
    Zod wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I didn't see that go down at all.

We did have a girl go down in the pit (Well into the show). She just sat down in the pit and the girl next to me started asking if she was ok. I went to try to get help her up but I couldn't without putting some serious effort into lifing her (which I really don't want to interfere with peoples personal bubbles if I don't have to). The girl next to me started lifting her out and repeated she needed help. I tapped the people ahead of me and it sort of parted like the red sea. We got her up and to security at the front of the rail.

Not sure what happened to her. Hope she's ok.
    Oh, duh. I have directional problems, lol. i was right in front of Ed, maybe slightly to the right... so right next you literally (were you with Brent??)! Yes, i saw the girl go down. There was something else to our left that seemed weird.
  • kc007kc007 USA Posts: 282
    GA and rail is the best way to see this band...no wonder why people get crazy about it..this tambourine excuse is bullshit..i dont give a fuck about picks of harmonica,,...see Mike in front you of playing in the top shit ever..
    ^^this^^
  • Been to a few shows with ga tickets. Hate to single a group or person out but been seeing the same thing happen over and over at the shows. One person gets to the ga line before dawn and that person writes down names of their buddies. All never to be seen again until right before the show. This is not acceptable but is how GA Is run in Europe.... And the europeans think they can behave in this civil country in this manner. Specifically one Italian who in Portland pushed and shoved me while in ga line when I confronted him and his group leaving GA line for 11 hours expecting at be allowed back in front of the line. Just saying. The GA lines needs direction from ten club before something really bad happens.
    2009 Philly Spectrum 10/28
    2010 Jazz Fest*Kansas City*St.Louis*Columbus*Noblesville*Bristow*
    Hartford*Newark*MSG1*MSG2*Dublin*Belfast*HydePark*Nijmegen*
    Berlin*WM3Little Rock*Bridge 1&2
    2011 Eddie Vedder*Chicago*St Louis*San Diego*Long Beach*Los Angles*Santa Barbara
    PJ20 1&2*Canada Tour*Montreal*Toronto 1&2*Ottawa*Hamilton*Winnipeg*
    Saskatoon*Calgary*Edmonton*Vancouver
  • mr_perfectmr_perfect Posts: 144
    edited December 2013
    Hey, since it happened closer to you, do you know why two security guys came barging through the pit before the show started??[/quote]

this is what i was referring to about the drunk girl in my review on page 1 in the show review thread... after mudhoneys set, she was barging her way up to us "claiming" she lost her husband. she got behind me saying the guy behind me was her husband. guy was cool and immediately told everyone he wasnt. she kept elbowing me in the back. the people around me tried telling the security guard in front of us but he just laughed it off. after about 10 minutes she moved more towards mikes side and almost started a fight with a lady there...the new security guard that just came then got involved and told her to go back or hed kick her out. she started going back pushing everyone in her path...and then the 2 security guys came through the crowd to find her...
    Post edited by mr_perfect on
  • I got in line at 9:30 am. Number 54. No one was manning the list, no one gave direction. I just happened to know some people who got there before me. There were maybe 20 people actually present.

I waited all day, in the freezing cold. But guess what? I don't want a trophy or kudos, I wanted a great spot to see Pearl Jam. This was my hometown show, my 3rd GA but the only time I cared to wait.

All day long people came and went and there were people on that list that were not there ALL DAY long (as already established). I called it at 11am...there is going to be a mutiny. The almighty list is an INVENTED THING. We all just followed it for whatever reason! Trying to be fair, trying to maintain order, trying to show respect but it appears The List did the opposite of that. The List was not respected.

I had THREE separate friends come to visit me, offering to hold my place in line so I could go to the bathroom, move my car, etc. But I was like "You don't need to. No one cares!"

To me, a line is a line. It has a beginning and an end. If everyone stayed in line, we wouldn't need a list!!!!! The list was an idea. Not a Pearl Jam issued procedure. And when people rolled up who had no idea what this list was and started to wait for 3 hours and then were told they were at the back, they were pissed! I don't blame them! The 6:20 drama was comical!!!! I literally stood back and said I am not getting involved until it's sorted. And people demanded security to "Do something!" shoving a list written on a notepad at them. If I was security I'd be like, "Are you f**king kidding me?"

This is why the system is flawed: ACTUALLY being present to wait is not respected. An invented list is not a Pearl Jam/10c system. It is an honour system that isn't even honourable!!!! And then it's abandoned on a garbage can, people come up to get in line and see 15 people and think they're at the front.

Make a line. Stay in it. Respect your neighbours and let them go pee and eat and it would have worked. If you want to be "on the rail" show up and be there. It's general admission.

I was also very unimpressed with the huge mess people waiting left. Respect my city. SO rude.

The show was great. My spot was great. I put in my time and I am happy.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Oh, duh. I have directional problems, lol. i was right in front of Ed, maybe slightly to the right... so right next you literally (were you with Brent??)! Yes, i saw the girl go down. There was something else to our left that seemed weird.

Not sure who Brent is? I took my brother to the show (but he was standing a few people behind me). I'm a pretty big guy and there were only short people in front of me. I probably stood out like a sore thumb (Was wearing a green concert shirt from the commodore show).

I was also pretty much right in front of Eddie (but a bit to the right). I thought I did pretty good. When we gave up on rail we went back to the hotel and had a few beers. Then we decided to go grab some food and get back to the arena for doors. We got out of the elevator at the bottom of the hotel and I walk by this guy who looks really fucking familiar so I do a double take. Next think I know I here myself saying "Hi Mike, I'm Brian!" My brother noticed I stopped to talk to someone and had come back. I wasn't sure what to say, so he decide to point out I'm an uberfan and it was my 21st show. I asked mike if I could get a pic with him, said thanks, shook his hand and took off. I don't really know him, or no what to say, but how do you not introduce yourself. I always wondered what I'd do if I met someone from the band. Now I know... I introduce myself and instantly run out of things to say.

So yah.. I love the number system. When it looked like there were only 20 people in line yesterday I would of gotten in that lineup. When I read it was up to 80 I went back to the hotel. It was karma :) Still got a good spot showing up at 6:30.
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    edited December 2013
    CM189191 wrote:
    You guys can keep GA. Put me near the soundboard. Every venue sounds best standing next to the guy who is controlling the sound.

^This.

I may be the one and only member who now loves my low priority number. It put me right next to the board at both shows I attended. I hang back by the board at most club shows I attend, and when I get to choose my seats in an arena, I always try for those seats first. I felt like I really did win the lottery once I saw where my seats were for this tour. The video screens are good enough for me. PJ does a great job with their concert film.

Now if anybody wants to get to the rail with no fuss -- go to the festivals. LOL, yes, the festivals. My one and only up-front experience was at Deluna last year. I could have been at the rail but waited about four deep on purpose because the stage was high, and I didn't want to strain my neck all day while watching the other bands. I also didn't want to get smooshed when the wave of people moved in later for PJ, so I stayed back a bit to allow for the forward surge. Funny thing -- one of the seasoned fans I was hanging out with pointed to the rail early in the afternoon to familiarize me with the group of rail monsters she regularly sees at other shows. She warned me to stay away from them because they're vicious.

Austin City was pretty much the same regarding access. Almost the whole crowd cleared out after the Dead Weather to see Ben Harper on another stage, and I could have moved right in to the rail. The mud was so awful, though, and the one remaining patch of grass in the entire park happened to be near the sound tent where I had been all afternoon. That's where I stayed, and that concert ranks as one of my tops.
    Post edited by what dreams on
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,828
    edited December 2013
    What I think is strange:

There has been a list at every show yet most people were oblivious to it until it started getting mentioned here.

The GA is all 10c so this list thing must have been planned before the 1st show. So why was there no posting about it to inform the other 10 clubbers here about it. I'm not saying it's some underground 10c mafia at work but if it had been discussed beforehand even with some vague guidelines in place I think this would have gone off a lot smoother.

Edit: grammer mistake: not 'have went' but 'had gone'.
    Post edited by eddiec on
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    eddiec wrote:
    What I think is strange:

There has been a list at every show yet most people were oblivious to it until it started getting mentioned here.

The GA is all 10c so this list thing must have been planned before the 1st show. So why was there no posting about it to inform the other 10 clubbers here about it. I'm not saying it's some underground 10c mafia at work but if it had been discussed beforehand even with some vague guidelines in place I think this would have went off a lot smoother.
    i agree..but is not something u planned..its easy..europeans was there at the 1st show,that know how it worksd,Americans was there who toured in europe..arrive atthe venue early..start the list;l.thats how it works
    and u are right ,i forget to answer u in a previous post,we have the Italian mafia here,who kinda fucks up the line and the list here ,but hey,we know eachother very well here,same people travel from show to show,so isnt easy to get fooled..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”