vancouver = WORST ga lineup organization

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I still just want to know who these people are and what their mindset is. Allow me to ramble, as I still need more coffee and am in a weird mood to begin with:

Do they truly thing they are helping the GA scene?

Do they think they are part of the PJ organization?

Are they just greedy fans? and if so...is it the same people for every show? They've gone to all 25-ish shows?

I really just want to know who they are and why/how they think they are helping. If this whole thing is just a clever way to get rail every night...then they are just a bunch of entitled, elitist pieces of crap. If they are really doing this because they think it's the right thing to do and they took it upon themselves to do something the band itself was not doing, then it at least is justifiable (to them at best) in some odd sort of way. By chance do they think they deserve to be up front at every show BECAUSE they took it upon themselves to try and organize the GA line at every show and thus they've earned the right to ride the rail? How far in advance of the tour did they come up with this idea?

But either way...who takes it upon themselves to do this? I mean really? I just don't get it. I've never seen this at any other GA shows for any other bands.

It's hard to put into words why this whole thing bugs me. I really just want to know who they are and why they are doing this. It's obvious that they have no official ties to the band and are not part of 10C. That's why I'd love to hear their side of the story. Was this all just a front to get close to the stage for every show? Was this an act of altruism that got way out of hand and backfired?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • And today on Facebook there are pictures of the list and the line because the cops made everyone leave before 3 am and told them they could not come back until 6 am. First time in a while I'm gonna say this, but good job cops! I would have told them they can't come back till 3 in the afternoon. What a bunch of crazies.

"Lara, it does work very well, I know firsthand. If tobias and a couple others get there before you guys do again, fine, let them be ahead of you but DO NOT put them on the list. You guys start the list back up and go about taking breaks etc. and get back in your spot. Let the ones that are not on the list stay there ALL DAY and if they leave for any reason do not let them back. The cops will back you on this. A couple people ahead of you won't make any difference really once you get inside..they will be running for the bathroom, not the rail! Have fun!!! Remember it's all about the love!!"

Hahahaha!!!

:fp:
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    BinFrog wrote:
    I still just want to know who these people
    from what i saw in the foto-list,the im sure by the names the half must be from SA
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    And today on Facebook there are pictures of the list and the line because the cops made everyone leave before 3 am and told them they could not come back until 6 am. First time in a while I'm gonna say this, but good job cops! I would have told them they can't come back till 3 in the afternoon. What a bunch of crazies.

"Lara, it does work very well, I know firsthand. If tobias and a couple others get there before you guys do again, fine, let them be ahead of you but DO NOT put them on the list. You guys start the list back up and go about taking breaks etc. and get back in your spot. Let the ones that are not on the list stay there ALL DAY and if they leave for any reason do not let them back. The cops will back you on this. A couple people ahead of you won't make any difference really once you get inside..they will be running for the bathroom, not the rail! Have fun!!! Remember it's all about the love!!"

Hahahaha!!!

You've got to be kidding me. These are adults?
  • Everyone keeps saying the same people are up front each show. Out of curiosity, how did they get tickets?

I went to three shows this year and put GA as my first priority each time, and got rejected each time.
    JA288844 wrote:
    Everyone keeps saying the same people are up front each show. Out of curiosity, how did they get tickets?

I went to three shows this year and put GA as my first priority each time, and got rejected each time.
    its easy to trade,buy a spare,especially if u are active at the community,follow facebook pages etc..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Just my opinion, this isn't an estate sale, it's an effing rock concert. A list is not a line.

I'd really like to see video someone easing into 24th place in line after drinking (or legally smoking weed...) all day in Seattle, or really from any line/list drama from anywhere on this tour.

People who've been in that line all day really should question anyone who isn't the POLICE and arrives at 5:20. Just ask them, point blank, exactly WTF do they think they're doing, and why they think they're so entitled? I'm generally pretty chill, ask anyone, but if some self appointed list monitor gave me a ration of shit, I'd be beyond pissed. It would take me all of 20 seconds get the event or arena staff and/or the cops involved, and if that didn't work, I would generally make that person or people so miserable both outside and inside the venue that they would rue the day they ever crossed paths with me, short of me punching them in the face, of course. I'm truly relentless when it comes to that type of behavior, and fear next to nothing. I'm not stupid and I wouldn't risk my safety or my almost adult kids safety, but if you act like a douche don't expect me to respect you or your "authority".

However if I found myself in GA (I had assigned chairs this time) I'd opt for showing up at 6pm and standing at the back of the area for a more panoramic view of the lights, better stereo, and more room to dance.

Have fun today kids. Don't do anything stupid.

:corn:
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    I really don't understand why no one has just walked up to the front and ripped up the "list" yet.
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    And today on Facebook there are pictures of the list and the line because the cops made everyone leave before 3 am and told them they could not come back until 6 am. First time in a while I'm gonna say this, but good job cops! I would have told them they can't come back till 3 in the afternoon. What a bunch of crazies.

Hahahaha!!!

Wait, is that real??? If it is, then I know what's going on. The list people are clinically insane and off their meds. :? They think fhe cops are going g to help them? Delusions of grandeur?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • And today on Facebook there are pictures of the list and the line because the cops made everyone leave before 3 am and told them they could not come back until 6 am. First time in a while I'm gonna say this, but good job cops! I would have told them they can't come back till 3 in the afternoon. What a bunch of crazies.

Oh the stories from today will be EPIC.

Hahahahaha! YES! I didn't even think of that!!!
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    this whole thread is just... :fp:

just... :fp:
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

However if I found myself in GA (I had assigned chairs this time) I'd opt for showing up at 6pm and standing at the back of the area for a more panoramic view of the lights, better stereo, and more room to dance.

This is the thing... the GA areas are relatively tiny. If you show up at 6 pm, you'd probably get 3rd row from the rail, maybe even closer on the sides! There are NOT that many people showing up and waiting all day when you figure the whole pit is only 2000 or 3000 folds... it's just these 100 people ruining the idea of everyone showing up a couple hours before the show, for example WHEN THE DOORS OPEN, and just being cool and maybe NOT getting the rail that they have decided they HAVE to have for however many shows. At this point the band has a better chance of seeing DIFFERENT faces up front if they go back to reserved lotto for first two rows than the nonsense of these entitled kids who don't want to get hotels and would rather sleep at the venue in December in Seattle :roll:
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292

This is the thing... the GA areas are relatively tiny. If you show up at 6 pm, you'd probably get 3rd row from the rail, maybe even closer on the sides! There are NOT that many people showing up and waiting all day when you figure the whole pit is only 2000 or 3000 folds... it's just these 100 people ruining the idea of everyone showing up a couple hours before the show, for example WHEN THE DOORS OPEN, and just being cool and maybe NOT getting the rail that they have decided they HAVE to have for however many shows. At this point the band has a better chance of seeing DIFFERENT faces up front if they go back to reserved lotto for first two rows than the nonsense of these entitled kids who don't want to get hotels and would rather sleep at the venue in December in Seattle :roll:

Maybe they should do assigned seats again...but completely randomize them.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    BinFrog wrote:

The band seems to love GA. They don't give a shit if a few hundred people act like children out on the sidewalk. No skin off their backs! But I do think they are sick of seeing those same faces every night... I assume that they view those folks as borderline stalker material. But I don't think they are sick enough of them to ditch GA. It's just more fun, and they can simply look past the first row on the rail and see a thousand other faces that they aren't sick and vaguely scared of.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • halvhalv Posts: 674

We showed up at 5:45pm. 2nd row in front of Jeff. No bs.
  • BinFrog wrote:
    I still just want to know who these people are and what their mindset is. Allow me to ramble, as I still need more coffee and am in a weird mood to begin with:

Do they truly thing they are helping the GA scene?

Do they think they are part of the PJ organization?

Are they just greedy fans? and if so...is it the same people for every show? They've gone to all 25-ish shows?

I really just want to know who they are and why/how they think they are helping. If this whole thing is just a clever way to get rail every night...then they are just a bunch of entitled, elitist pieces of crap. If they are really doing this because they think it's the right thing to do and they took it upon themselves to do something the band itself was not doing, then it at least is justifiable (to them at best) in some odd sort of way. By chance do they think they deserve to be up front at every show BECAUSE they took it upon themselves to try and organize the GA line at every show and thus they've earned the right to ride the rail? How far in advance of the tour did they come up with this idea?

But either way...who takes it upon themselves to do this? I mean really? I just don't get it. I've never seen this at any other GA shows for any other bands.

It's hard to put into words why this whole thing bugs me. I really just want to know who they are and why they are doing this. It's obvious that they have no official ties to the band and are not part of 10C. That's why I'd love to hear their side of the story. Was this all just a front to get close to the stage for every show? Was this an act of altruism that got way out of hand and backfired?

Oh but they are part of 10 club... They just have another smaller more elite group of buddies who help each other out and fill up Names onto the list 50-80 people deep to 'save line' space.... Who knows how many on that list even DID show up at all before 630... . I travelled to 2 cities on this tour... The 2 that I could afford to make work.... But I didn't know about all this crap in advance. It's so greedy it's not even funny. I felt angry at how everyone else was treated - this is exactly like a high school clique.
  • BinFrog wrote:

I would be so down for this.... Completely random order for the lotto.... Front row of 10 club seating...back row... TAKE TURNS!
    NO FUN. GA IS WAY MORE FUN. Who cares about the stupid line once they're actually in the pit? No one, that's who. :)
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    NO FUN. GA IS WAY MORE FUN. Who cares about the stupid line once they're actually in the pit? No one, that's who. :)
    you know what the big deal here??10-20 cheaters in a show of 1000-2000 fans in the GA..
    thats is all the "war zone" and 50 threads here..the shows are amazimng, the energy the same ,
    but the drama sells more to some people here than the shows,the setlists etc..
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    you know what the big deal here??10-20 cheaters in a show of 1000-2000 fans in the GA..
    thats is all the "war zone" and 50 threads here..the shows are amazimng, the energy the same ,
    but the drama sells more to same here than the shows,the setlists etc..
    Yup. I am against the list people 100%, and if everyone can just join together and tell them to go screw themselves, that would be awesome. But no WAY should these assholes have a hand in having GA shut down. That's just crazy. 95% of the people in the pit don't wait in line for longer than 30 - 45 minutes if at all, and they have nothing to do with the list. So I'm not sure why people think the whole system should change just because of these creeps. Just shut down the assholes, problem solved.

But I do support the Springsteen method. Sounds like a great, smooth process, and it ensures that different people get the rail at every show. And it doesn't sound like it's labor intensive at all for 10C. It sounds easy. :thumbup:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Yup. I am against the list people 100%, and if everyone can just join together and tell them to go screw themselves, that would be awesome. But no WAY should these assholes have a hand in having GA shut down. That's just crazy. 95% of the people in the pit don't wait in line for longer than 30 - 45 minutes if at all, and they have nothing to do with the list. So I'm not sure why people think the whole system should change just because of these creeps. Just shut down the assholes, problem solved.

But I do support the Springsteen method. Sounds like a great, smooth process, and it ensures that different people get the rail at every show. And it doesn't sound like it's labor intensive at all for 10C. It sounds easy. :thumbup:
    read this in facebook,a member sent a email..
    "An official statement soon to come.
    -10c"
    PJ_Soul wrote:

read this in facebook,a member sent a email..
    "An official statement soon to come.
    -10c"
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

interesting timing. :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
    interesting timing.
    yeah,i hope they get sitution on hand and so we stop talking about this shit all day..
    the policy is first come -first serve.no lists or any kind of shit like that .lets see,what will happen
    halv wrote:

We showed up at 5:45pm. 2nd row in front of Jeff. No bs.

That's what I'm talking about. If people quit making a big deal about waiting in line all damn day, cutting line, the list and all that shit, everybody would have a great chance at a great spot if we just show up when the doors open. So lame.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

PJ_Soul wrote:

If it sounds easy, then it's not likely to be done. :lol: We only do things the hard way here.

• acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    "... but DO NOT put them on the list... Let the ones that are not on the list stay there ALL DAY and if they leave for any reason do not let them back... Remember it's all about the love!!"

Hahahaha!!!

Hehehhe, oh my. I don't think "love" means what this person thinks it means!
    [sic] happens
  • Honestly, what is the list... a piece of paper and a # on your hand?
    Show up at 5:00 ask to put your name on the list, when handed the "LIST" tear the Fing thing up and write #1 on your hand. There you go...you started your own list!
    These lists are not official and if I cared enough to wait all day in line to get to the rail I'd be dammed if someone would waltz in after being gone all day to "slide back" into their so called spot. They'd have to beat it out of me if they wanted to get back in.
    Good thing I could care less about being front row and all the GA shows I've been to on this tour I've showed up at 7:30ish and have had fantastic placement on the floor. Best shows I've seen yet.
    This juvenile entitlement list has gotten out of control...A good old fashioned mosh pit in the first few rows would be a good way to mix it up a bit. :fp:
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    PJPADDLER wrote:
    Honestly, what is the list... a piece of paper and a # on your hand?
    Show up at 5:00 ask to put your name on the list, when handed the "LIST" tear the Fing thing up and write #1 on your hand. There you go...you started your own list!
    These lists are not official and if I cared enough to wait all day in line to get to the rail I'd be dammed if someone would waltz in after being gone all day to "slide back" into their so called spot. They'd have to beat it out of me if they wanted to get back in.
    Good thing I could care less about being front row and all the GA shows I've been to on this tour I've showed up at 7:30ish and have had fantastic placement on the floor. Best shows I've seen yet.
    This juvenile entitlement list has gotten out of control...A good old fashioned mosh pit in the first few rows would be a good way to mix it up a bit. :fp:

Love it !!!
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 836
    list people = TFLs for short
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    i am now thinking back to that girl EV yelled at in Los Angeles, maybe it was a combination of her behavior and the list czars protecting the rail. Some of the blame that was directed 100% at her maybe should be directed at the people on the rail instead.