vancouver = WORST ga lineup organization

Comments

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,828
    i agree..but is not something u planned..its easy..europeans was there at the 1st show,that know how it worksd,Americans was there who toured in europe..arrive atthe venue early..start the list;l.thats how it works
    and u are right ,i forget to answer u in a previous post,we have the Italian mafia here,who kinda fucks up the line and the list here ,but hey,we know eachother very well here,same people travel from show to show,so isnt easy to get fooled..

But Dimitris, it has to be planned at some stage. When I'm getting ready for the show I go through my checklist: Tickets-check, money-check, etc. I never say Sharpie Marker-check.
  • kc007 wrote:
    Somey wrote:
    Dude if you wait you should get the spot you deserve, it's honestly rediculous people don't honor the simple fact that you can not leave the line for hours on in go drink and enjoy ur day while people are freezing than just come back and be like oh well I signed my name at 6 am I left went and slept and hung out, bullshit. I don't know what happen down there but people need to work together on this one. That's the whole point of a community , work together.
    And that's what happened at the GA lines I was in. People got their number and left for the day only to come back stinkin drunk and wanting their spots back. <<---- this is the kind of stuff that makes me not want to get so into concerts. Smelly, arrogant, aggressive drunks are a big turn off to attending shows and trying to get a good spot in GA

I honestly don't understand why so many people have to get so drunk before a show. Its sad. Its effin pearl jam, drink after the show. Some people have absolutely no self discipline.

This is exactly how I felt. I arrived, stood for a long good while (hours) .... in the freezing cold before I was even made AWARE of the so called 'list'. At the point in time when I arrived, there were a bunch of empty chairs and only about 20 people milling around in a big empty space in front of the doors.....
    I asked what was up...
    I was told there was a 'list' ... Alright, sure. Then when I go to sign it , I notice that it's already nearing 100 people in front of me.... while reality of it was there were only a handful of people actually there. I asked the guy who pointed me to the list where these first almost 100 people are. After all, if I'm expected to sign as 100th in line... I'd expect to be standing behind around that number of people - give or take a few that have ran off for a reasonable length of time for a bathroom break etc. I was told at that time, "security told ppl to take their chairs and blankets away - so all of these absences are explained because they took these items to their cars......'
    I accepted this at the time and put my name down then I went to the back - leaving a big giant open space for the people I was told just left for a minute. After several more hours of waiting I realized this was a giant lie and buddy was saving face for a large group of people who went to enjoy dinner and drinks at the 'PJ pre-party' before the show. As I watched people filter in closer to 630 with number 20 etc on their hand .... And waltz in front of me all cozy and warm while I had been out there freezing, holding my "'measly' spot was back near 100 - I realized and decided... "no flipping way" ...

Then because I refused to slide back and make room for all these people more entitled then me, came along the bossy blonde lady with glasses who was hollering in my boyfriends face and demanding him to show an 'acceptable number written in marker on his hand' or he was ordered to move single file down a huge set of stairs to his rightful and non deserving space in "the list" ...

You mean to tell me that your initial arrival time will dictate who deserves to be closest to the band? That's a joke and we are GROWN adults. Just to come at 6 am and fill out a list then force people to abide by it who had no input in this alleged 'honour system', is embarrassing. I'm a 10 club member who brought my boyfriend who loves the band too but isn't that intense. To have him see that this is how it goes down... I was actually embarrassed. I couldn't believe that the fan group I'm a part of - was acting so childish, and DISRESPECTFUL. I've never had good enough luck to be all that close to the stage - I was excited for GA so I could have that chance!!! And I wasted hours in an 'empty' line of imaginary people - to do just that. Then my boyfriend and I had our faces screamed in, because I wasn't willing to just move aside for people coming in droves from a party to their fucked up - self determined "rightful" spot in line.

Question: does anyone involved in this have a clue what the band you love so much would think about those actions? Cause I'm pretty sure I can make a guess. They would think that trying to enforce such a blatantly unfair and elite 'list' system like that is absolute bull shit. I believe that's why GA was re-introduced in the first place..... The seniority hungry people are getting ridiculous, and maybe they should watch the show from any other place in the arena like I've always done and always lovvvvved just being in that room regardless because I can recognize I'm fortunate enough to be there in the first place....

Van GA line up was a horrible and toxic experience and I hope something is done so that garbage like this doesn't keep happening.
    I got dirty looks by almost all the people around me when I arrived to my spot in the pit - because of my so called "place cutting". Why were people so preoccupied with spots rather then just enjoying the show?

I have to say that was the most ridiculous thing I have ever witnessed by adults. These hard cores need to chill out, grow up and don't try to inject control where it's not fair to do so....

It's GA... That Stands for GENERAL ADMISSION... Therefore we all have an equal shot at front row.

.thats all
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    eddiec wrote:
    i agree..but is not something u planned..its easy..europeans was there at the 1st show,that know how it worksd,Americans was there who toured in europe..arrive atthe venue early..start the list;l.thats how it works
    and u are right ,i forget to answer u in a previous post,we have the Italian mafia here,who kinda fucks up the line and the list here ,but hey,we know eachother very well here,same people travel from show to show,so isnt easy to get fooled..

But Dimitris, it has to be planned at some stage. When I'm getting ready for the show I go through my checklist: Tickets-check, money-check, etc. I never say Sharpie Marker-check.
    well,others are,chairs check,sleeping bag check,marker check(if u see a band member to sign shit for u) flag check,signs with request check,same shirt eddie notice me yesterday check,etc..
    and really,if u want the rail and arrive 1st at the venue,u for real will want to "prove" that u was there 1st..
    its how it works..+ some thinks show dedication this whole.,.
    you know,,being a fanatic fan of something make u do crazy things that to others seems not make sense..
    from the moment things are safe,im ok with all this shit
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    kc007 wrote:
    Somey wrote:
    Dude if you wait you should get the spot you deserve, it's honestly rediculous people don't honor the simple fact that you can not leave the line for hours on in go drink and enjoy ur day while people are freezing than just come back and be like oh well I signed my name at 6 am I left went and slept and hung out, bullshit. I don't know what happen down there but people need to work together on this one. That's the whole point of a community , work together.
    And that's what happened at the GA lines I was in. People got their number and left for the day only to come back stinkin drunk and wanting their spots back. <<---- this is the kind of stuff that makes me not want to get so into concerts. Smelly, arrogant, aggressive drunks are a big turn off to attending shows and trying to get a good spot in GA

I honestly don't understand why so many people have to get so drunk before a show. Its sad. Its effin pearl jam, drink after the show. Some people have absolutely no self discipline.

This is exactly how I felt. I arrived, stood for a long good while (hours) .... in the freezing cold before I was even made AWARE of the so called 'list'. At the point in time when I arrived, there were a bunch of empty chairs and only about 20 people milling around in a big empty space in front of the doors.....
    I asked what was up...
    I was told there was a 'list' ... Alright, sure. Then when I go to sign it , I notice that it's already nearing 100 people in front of me.... while reality of it was there were only a handful of people actually there. I asked the guy who pointed me to the list where these first almost 100 people are. After all, if I'm expected to sign as 100th in line... I'd expect to be standing behind around that number of people - give or take a few that have ran off for a reasonable length of time for a bathroom break etc. I was told at that time, "security told ppl to take their chairs and blankets away - so all of these absences are explained because they took these items to their cars......'
    I accepted this at the time and put my name down then I went to the back - leaving a big giant open space for the people I was told just left for a minute. After several more hours of waiting I realized this was a giant lie and buddy was saving face for a large group of people who went to enjoy dinner and drinks at the 'PJ pre-party' before the show. As I watched people filter in closer to 630 with number 20 etc on their hand .... And waltz in front of me all cozy and warm while I had been out there freezing, holding my "'measly' spot was back near 100 - I realized and decided... "no flipping way" ...

Then because I refused to slide back and make room for all these people more entitled then me, came along the bossy blonde lady with glasses who was hollering in my boyfriends face and demanding him to show an 'acceptable number written in marker on his hand' or he was ordered to move single file down a huge set of stairs to his rightful and non deserving space in "the list" ...

You mean to tell me that your initial arrival time will dictate who deserves to be closest to the band? That's a joke and we are GROWN adults. Just to come at 6 am and fill out a list then force people to abide by it who had no input in this alleged 'honour system', is embarrassing. I'm a 10 club member who brought my boyfriend who loves the band too but isn't that intense. To have him see that this is how it goes down... I was actually embarrassed. I couldn't believe that the fan group I'm a part of - was acting so childish, and DISRESPECTFUL. I've never had good enough luck to be all that close to the stage - I was excited for GA so I could have that chance!!! And I wasted hours in an 'empty' line of imaginary people - to do just that. Then my boyfriend and I had our faces screamed in, because I wasn't willing to just move aside for people coming in droves from a party to their fucked up - self determined "rightful" spot in line.

Question: does anyone involved in this have a clue what the band you love so much would think about those actions? Cause I'm pretty sure I can make a guess. They would think that trying to enforce such a blatantly unfair and elite 'list' system like that is absolute bull shit. I believe that's why GA was re-introduced in the first place..... The seniority hungry people are getting ridiculous, and maybe they should watch the show from any other place in the arena like I've always done and always lovvvvved just being in that room regardless because I can recognize I'm fortunate enough to be there in the first place....

Van GA line up was a horrible and toxic experience and I hope something is done so that garbage like this doesn't keep happening.
    I got dirty looks by almost all the people around me when I arrived to my spot in the pit - because of my so called "place cutting". Why were people so preoccupied with spots rather then just enjoying the show?

I have to say that was the most ridiculous thing I have ever witnessed by adults. These hard cores need to chill out, grow up and don't try to inject control where it's not fair to do so....

It's GA... That Stands for GENERAL ADMISSION... Therefore we all have an equal shot at front row.

.thats all

Sounds like a bunch of bullshit.

Again, the pre tour email for the ticket drawings said "Because the entire GA area is allocated for fan club members, early entry is not necessary."

How embarrassing.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,758
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Hey, guess what? The ONLY person who got up to the rail after the start of the show was a man with a two or three year old on his shoulders! He went up and the crowd parted like the Red Sea for him

:lol::lol::lol:
  • The show seriously kicked ass! Was GA about 8 rows (of people) back, dead center. Got there at about 7:45pm. Damn that was a good time!
    smanchac1 wrote:
    If I ever get GA tickets, I'm finding a nice cozy spot in the BACK of GA, leaning against the rail, dead-center with a completely unobstructed view, far from you people in the front.

Did that just last night!!

I moved back after about the first hour in Phoenix and was probably 10-12 people from the front. I just figured I could see better from the side and had more room to move... and I was right. Didn't want GA anyway, put reserved as my first choice GA as second... Phoenix was not a big GA draw. It was still a blast. You don't NEED to "get the rail." Enjoy the show and enjoy your life.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

The show seriously kicked ass! Was GA about 8 rows (of people) back, dead center. Got there at about 7:45pm. Damn that was a good time!

Sounds about right. Get there shortly before the show starts and you still get a "good" spot. And you didn't waste the previous 12 hours of your life with a sharpie number on your hand.

• rival. wrote:
    actually, i hope they keep GA.

all you animals will still put it as your first preference during the 10c lottery sale, i will put reserved seating as my first preference and be pretty much guaranteed tickets, great seating side stage, and i will be able to walk into the venue at 8pm headache and confrontation free and without dealing with the nut jobs holding a notebook and a black sharpie :)
    This!! I went to LA1 and had Arena Riser seats just to the left behind the sound board. They were great seats aside from the assholes that came drunk off their asses and proceeded to spill their drinks within two minutes of showing up. And he did it again later. Both my sister and I ended up standing on the reeking wet area all night. Couldn't even get into the songs too much for fear of slipping and falling. As much as I would love to be super close, I will always forgo it to have less hassle. Plus I hate not being able to sit at least for a minute or two here or there throughout the show.
  • I got in line at 9:30 am. Number 54. No one was manning the list, no one gave direction. I just happened to know some people who got there before me. There were maybe 20 people actually present.

I waited all day, in the freezing cold. But guess what? I don't want a trophy or kudos, I wanted a great spot to see Pearl Jam. This was my hometown show, my 3rd GA but the only time I cared to wait.

All day long people came and went and there were people on that list that were not there ALL DAY long (as already established). I called it at 11am...there is going to be a mutiny. The almighty list is an INVENTED THING. We all just followed it for whatever reason! Trying to be fair, trying to maintain order, trying to show respect but it appears The List did the opposite of that. The List was not respected.

I had THREE separate friends come to visit me, offering to hold my place in line so I could go to the bathroom, move my car, etc. But I was like "You don't need to. No one cares!"

To me, a line is a line. It has a beginning and an end. If everyone stayed in line, we wouldn't need a list!!!!! The list was an idea. Not a Pearl Jam issued procedure. And when people rolled up who had no idea what this list was and started to wait for 3 hours and then were told they were at the back, they were pissed! I don't blame them! The 6:20 drama was comical!!!! I literally stood back and said I am not getting involved until it's sorted. And people demanded security to "Do something!" shoving a list written on a notepad at them. If I was security I'd be like, "Are you f**king kidding me?"

This is why the system is flawed: ACTUALLY being present to wait is not respected. An invented list is not a Pearl Jam/10c system. It is an honour system that isn't even honourable!!!! And then it's abandoned on a garbage can, people come up to get in line and see 15 people and think they're at the front.

Make a line. Stay in it. Respect your neighbours and let them go pee and eat and it would have worked. If you want to be "on the rail" show up and be there. It's general admission.

I was also very unimpressed with the huge mess people waiting left. Respect my city. SO rude.

The show was great. My spot was great. I put in my time and I am happy.

Sucks. Sorry for your experience. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=209312 written June 13 this year. Still happened last night to you.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • kc007 wrote:
    Somey wrote:

I asked what was up...

.thats all

Totally sucks. Sorry this happened to you.
    1/95 DC 7/95 Chicago Tor Tol Cha 96 AlpV I II Chi St L KC 98 BSB I II 99 Phx Vegas Fresno SBern 00 BSB I II 01 (met ed) Vegas Phx Fargo St. Paul Chicago Alpine V Indy Col Virg Phi I II MSG I II (got on DVD!) 03 Calg 05 Clev Vegas LA I II SBar 06 Lon Dus Cop Nij Bel 07 Phi I II DC MSG I II Har BOS I II 08, LA3/4, SD '09, MSG I II '10, Missoula, London ONT, Wrigley, SD, LA1/2, Portland. Wrigley '16 I and II. 
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,516
    kc007 wrote:
    So basically some people take pride in getting their name on 'the list', taking off all day and coming back at show time.

This is why I people watch on here and Facebook... I take note on who I will never share a spare GA ticket with...

they are also the ones who create the list.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,516
    Zod wrote:

Kind of like last night in Vancouver when I took a piss break between Mudhoney and PJ. I had a pretty nice spot a few rows back just to the right of Eddie. My brother saved me some room. People really didn't want to let me back up, then the girl who standing behind me vouched for me and I got through :)

tried to do that too, 3rd row between ed and stone. Started to walk 5 rows back and realized there were too many people and i might not get back. Turned around to walk the 5 steps back and nobody wanted to let me back through.

"are you serious? you literally saw me 3 seconds ago" frickin dicks man.

everybody talks about the great PJ fans and family. I see it less often than I actually see it. :(
  • MSnider44MSnider44 San Diego Posts: 746
    Cannot believe all this "GA Line / List" mess. I got GA for San Diego. Picked up my tix when 10C windows opened up, went to McGregor's at around 4pm. Had beers. Went to show at around 6:45pm. Walked down to GA. And magically without even a tiny little nudge of anyone else, we were able to get about 15 - 20 feet away from the stage on Mike's side. Maybe it was just San Diego, but that GA was amazingly simple and stress-free.
  • I was also very unimpressed with the huge mess people waiting left. Respect my city. SO rude.

Not to mention the folks who graffiti'ed the place and wrote their names and 'Pearl Jam 2013' on the concrete railing in sharpie.
    Toronto '96, Barrie '98, Toronto '00, Buffalo '03, Toronto '03, Kitchener '05, Hamilton '05, Toronto '05, Toronto 1 '06, Toronto 2 '06, Seattle 1 '09, Seattle 2 '09, Vancouver '09, Buffalo '10, AV '11, Vancouver '11, London '13, Wrigley '13, Vancouver '13
  • BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506

:fp:

drop the list, drop the list...
    get outta my fuckin face
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    MSnider44 wrote:
    Cannot believe all this "GA Line / List" mess. I got GA for San Diego. Picked up my tix when 10C windows opened up, went to McGregor's at around 4pm. Had beers. Went to show at around 6:45pm. Walked down to GA. And magically without even a tiny little nudge of anyone else, we were able to get about 15 - 20 feet away from the stage on Mike's side. Maybe it was just San Diego, but that GA was amazingly simple and stress-free.
    GA was simple and stress-free in Vancouver too... it's just the line that was fucked up. ;)
    Anyway, everyone agrees that these fifty or so people are fuckin assholes, but crazy nutbags in the line didn't take away from the experience of that awesome show at all, not even a tiny bit. It was all left at the door. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Normal show day call from list runner. " hey what time does your flight get in?" About 5pm... " oh cool, you are number 14. Don't forget to write it on your hand before you get out of the taxi". "Tell bill,jan,tom,patty,Chris,Katie,Juan and Paul to give me a call so I can give them their numbers"
    1996 - Ft Lauderdale
    1998 - West Palm Beach 1
    2000 - West Palm Beach 1&2
    2003 - WPB,Tampa,Atlanta,Camden 1&2,MSG 1&2, Boston 3,Hershey Park
    2004 - Asheville, Kissimmee
    2008 - West Palm Beach,Tampa,Columbia,Virginia Beach, Mansfield 1&2
    2010 - Hartford,Boston,Newark, MSG 1&2
    2011 - PJ20 1&2, Costa Rica
    2013 - Wrigley,Brooklyn 1&2,Seattle
    2014 - Denver,Mountain View 1&2
    2015 - Bogata, Mexico City
    2016 - Ft Lauderdale,Miami,Tampa,NYC 1&2,Telluride,Fenway 1&2,Wrigley 1&2

• DBRdaryl wrote:
    I was also very unimpressed with the huge mess people waiting left. Respect my city. SO rude.

Not to mention the folks who graffiti'ed the place and wrote their names and 'Pearl Jam 2013' on the concrete railing in sharpie.

I didn't even see that. I hope fans realize the clean up for that goes on Pearl Jam's tab. And the garbage (water bottles, pillows, blankets, general trash) belonged to nobody. Mysterious.
  • The biggest and simplest way to put this is it wasn't a line. If there was a line, this could have been avoided.

There is no line, only Zuul.
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Hello! Just had to add to the discussion. Firstly I have been having a good laugh over this list stuff on FB for a while now. So here is my story. Hubby and I did some normal stuff during the day and then went to grab some supplies needed at the pre party. Delivered those. Went over to venue to grab my tix and stop in at GA line to say Hi to friends. Dropped off a box of Pot of Gold chocolates to share with everyone that had been waiting all day. Saw the list and thought it would be fun to put my name on it. Number 110 went on the list at dead last and onto my hand. There were not 109 people waiting at that point and it must have been 4:30pm. I left to go find hubby who was dropping stuff off at hotel. Went into pre party and took a picture with the photo people. Came back. More people there now. About 60 I would say. Chatted a bit and then went and stood at the back of the line. Made some great friends that we ended up standing with through the show. At 6:00 tons of people show up. Some of which I knew for a fact were at the pre party alllll day. They just walk up to the front and take their rightful places. Then the screaming starts. And our group moves all the way down the stairs and more and more people show up and get in line in front of us.
    It's all good though. We got about 4th row in between Ed and Stone. The 2 worst issues were people that didn't seem to be 10C members acting like assholes and pushing like mad. We all stopped them except for one tiny chick who thought that she deserved front row cause she was short, didn't know the words to any song, wanted to dry hump Ed and gave nasty looks and the finger to who I think may have been Zod and PJ_Soul the whole time. I explained that no one was gonna let her her through cause these people have been waiting all day! They deserve to be up there. She said "But it's my first show!!!" In super whiny voice.
    At one point during the encore I asked if I could stand beside my friend Christyn for one song in 2nd row and then I would move back. I was denied by the gate keepers and that's ok. I think they thought I was trying to score rail. Fine. No biggie. Just wanted one song with a friend I get to see once a year.
    At one point a chick went down beside me and I carried her to the front with help of people clearing a path. I put my back out a bit doing this and the crowd closed in around me. So I stayed in row 2 after asking the people around me.
    I hope I didn't offend anyone. I saw some great behaviour and some super elitist behaviour last night. I hope I was at least polite to everyone around me.
    I think the list will fail every single time because of the people that feel they deserve rail, GA and so forth.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    MSnider44 wrote:
    GA was simple and stress-free in Vancouver too... it's just the line that was fucked up. ;)
    Anyway, everyone agrees that these fifty or so people are fuckin assholes, but crazy nutbags in the line didn't take away from the experience of that awesome show at all, not even a tiny bit. It was all left at the door. :)

So there we go. Ignore those laughable "line drill sergeants". If you have GA, get in the arena whenever you want, get to wherever you want to be, respectively (of course) of the other people that have already gotten situated in their GA spots IN THE ARENA in their GA spots. If you're really that hardcore that you need to be at the front of the line for a GA PJ show, just be at the front of the line, or as close to it as possible before show time. None of this Line Nazi stuff that seems to be going on.
    Normal show day call from list runner. " hey what time does your flight get in?" About 5pm... " oh cool, you are number 14. Don't forget to write it on your hand before you get out of the taxi". "Tell bill,jan,tom,patty,Chris,Katie,Juan and Paul to give me a call so I can give them their numbers"

In my previous post, this quote above is what I meant to reply to:

"So there we go. Ignore those laughable "line drill sergeants". If you have GA, get in the arena whenever you want, get to wherever you want to be, respectively (of course) of the other people that have already gotten situated in their GA spots IN THE ARENA in their GA spots. If you're really that hardcore that you need to be at the front of the line for a GA PJ show, just be at the front of the line, or as close to it as possible before show time. None of this Line Nazi stuff that seems to be going on."
  • milanmilan Posts: 447
    '06 Milan
    '07 Madrid
    '08 Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    '09 Shepherds Bush / Berlin / Manchester / London
    Perth / Sydney / Brisbane

'10 London / Berlin / Lisbon
    '11 Rio de Janeiro / Buenos Aires / Lima
    '12 Manchester I / Manchester II / Berlin I / Berlin II
    '13 Baltimore / Charlottesville / Charlotte
    '14 Perth / San Siro / Berlin / "Live at Leeds" / MK
    '15 Rio de Janeiro / Bogota

'18 London I / Berlin / London II

'22 Berlin / London I / London Ii

(37)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    genevieve wrote:
    Hello! Just had to add to the discussion. Firstly I have been having a good laugh over this list stuff on FB for a while now. So here is my story. Hubby and I did some normal stuff during the day and then went to grab some supplies needed at the pre party. Delivered those. Went over to venue to grab my tix and stop in at GA line to say Hi to friends. Dropped off a box of Pot of Gold chocolates to share with everyone that had been waiting all day. Saw the list and thought it would be fun to put my name on it. Number 110 went on the list at dead last and onto my hand. There were not 109 people waiting at that point and it must have been 4:30pm. I left to go find hubby who was dropping stuff off at hotel. Went into pre party and took a picture with the photo people. Came back. More people there now. About 60 I would say. Chatted a bit and then went and stood at the back of the line. Made some great friends that we ended up standing with through the show. At 6:00 tons of people show up. Some of which I knew for a fact were at the pre party alllll day. They just walk up to the front and take their rightful places. Then the screaming starts. And our group moves all the way down the stairs and more and more people show up and get in line in front of us.
    It's all good though. We got about 4th row in between Ed and Stone. The 2 worst issues were people that didn't seem to be 10C members acting like assholes and pushing like mad. We all stopped them except for one tiny chick who thought that she deserved front row cause she was short, didn't know the words to any song, wanted to dry hump Ed and gave nasty looks and the finger to who I think may have been Zod and PJ_Soul the whole time. I explained that no one was gonna let her her through cause these people have been waiting all day! They deserve to be up there. She said "But it's my first show!!!" In super whiny voice.
    At one point during the encore I asked if I could stand beside my friend Christyn for one song in 2nd row and then I would move back. I was denied by the gate keepers and that's ok. I think they thought I was trying to score rail. Fine. No biggie. Just wanted one song with a friend I get to see once a year.
    At one point a chick went down beside me and I carried her to the front with help of people clearing a path. I put my back out a bit doing this and the crowd closed in around me. So I stayed in row 2 after asking the people around me.
    I hope I didn't offend anyone. I saw some great behaviour and some super elitist behaviour last night. I hope I was at least polite to everyone around me.
    I think the list will fail every single time because of the people that feel they deserve rail, GA and so forth.
    :lol: Are you talking about a cranky little dark haired younger chick with a whiny look on her face the whole show? I think I was right in front of her - she asked me what that Of The Earth sign said and when I told her she just scowled. :lol: I kept noticing her sourpuss face because she was surrounded by joyous faces, so really stood out. :lol: Or maybe you mean the girl with long black hair. She really did try to push passed me and some guy (not Zod), and we weren't moving, but the guy next to me started to tell her to fuck off and stuff; he went off on her a little. It was a bit harsh. I just told her that i was staying where i was and then turned back around and forgot about her.There was just nowhere for her to go. All the space was full.... Strangely and sadly, I noticed that every person i saw trying to worm their way to the rail were female, and the stories of those at the other shows are too, and it seems like the list freaks are mostly women as well.... What's that about??? :think:

And I know you were at least somewhat close to me Genevieve, because i overheard you explaining to some people how to pronounce your name before the show started. :D I think you were behind and to the right, because i was directly in front of Eddie for the whole show.... it's been fun realizing who was around me after the fact... kind of makes me wish that 10c screenname tags weren't dorky. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,152
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Simple solution

Eat
    Shit
    Get in line and stay in line
    Could I eat a sandwich or pizza instead of shit?

:mrgreen:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • jrnycjrnyc Posts: 537
    kc007 wrote:
    Somey wrote:

I asked what was up...

.thats all
    Thanks for taking the time to post this. The behavior of the list people is absolutely sickening. Pearl Jam needs to break the list cartel. This is the exact opposite of what they are trying to accomplish up front. If any of you list czars are reading this your behavior is incredibly rude and selfish.
    And today on Facebook there are pictures of the list and the line because the cops made everyone leave before 3 am and told them they could not come back until 6 am. First time in a while I'm gonna say this, but good job cops! I would have told them they can't come back till 3 in the afternoon. What a bunch of crazies.

• And today on Facebook there are pictures of the list and the line because the cops made everyone leave before 3 am and told them they could not come back until 6 am. First time in a while I'm gonna say this, but good job cops! I would have told them they can't come back till 3 in the afternoon. What a bunch of crazies.

Oh the stories from today will be EPIC.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    And today on Facebook there are pictures of the list and the line because the cops made everyone leave before 3 am and told them they could not come back until 6 am. First time in a while I'm gonna say this, but good job cops! I would have told them they can't come back till 3 in the afternoon. What a bunch of crazies.

Oh the stories from today will be EPIC.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”