Options

Big Day Out 2014– Aust&NZ– Pre-partys, Travel Info&Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    loffy81 wrote:
    2 US bands and 1 UK band will replace Blur, announcement on monday night
    http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/three-international-bands-will-replace-blur-at-big-day-out/

Heard that tonight on JJJ .... so im guessing the new "oasis", foo fighters and ??? ... not bad really, lose 1 gain 3 :lol:
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    loffy81loffy81 Posts: 153
    I think the foo fighters are out...
    MUSIC FEEDS UPDATE: According to AJ Maddah, the chance of seeing Foo Fighters on the Big Day Out 2014 bill are “zero.” Maddah said that organisers “wouldn’t insult them by even suggesting they play 3rd on the bill,” and it’s tough to argue with that.
  • Options
    well ... i wont argue then ... and ill be a tad relieved ... cos I wasn't real thrilled with them being a replacement :D
  • Options
    foo fighters? more chance of the beatles playing.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    So they're not actually replacing blur with another headliner? In my mind that means there is hope for PJ to play a longer than typical festival set.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    duska3419 wrote:
    So they're not actually replacing blur with another headliner? In my mind that means there is hope for PJ to play a longer than typical festival set.
    hi duska3419 from what i hear blur will be replaced and apparently they have 3 new artists lined up, not sure how true this is we can all hope Pearl Jam play a longer set fingers crossed :!:
  • Options
    50 days to we see PJ on the gold coast
  • Options
    farryfarry Jakarta, Indonesia Posts: 31
    Dear all,

Haven't been to BDO before, am coming down under from Indonesia. Want to ask some questions:
    1. Will the itinerary/program/schedule will be announced on BDO.COM? If so, usually what time before the actual date?
    2. Are the pre-party really happening? Am attending Sydney, interested in Melbourne as well.
    3. Given the fact that this is a festival, what general tips regarding getting Pearl Jam merchandise? Or even any chance to meet Pearl Jam in person?

Thanks.
    Farry Aprianto
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    BDO 2014 Melbourne + Sydney

#BringPearlJamToIndonesia
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    1. i haven't been since 2007 but i believe they release the schedule a few days before the show? i think. i know we were always able to plan ahead of time.

2. i suspect so

3. there'll be a bunch of merch sellers - no idea if we'll get a poster but there'll at least be shirts. likelihood of meeting pearl jam - probably slightly better than average if they're the types to wander around the festival amongst the people, as opposed to hopping from backstage area to backstage area. guess it depends on the band member.
  • Options
    No word on the 3 new bands yet???? absolutely hanging to find out .... and the count down is on! :D

ETA ... looks like it will now be announced tomorrow night .... gaahhhh they are killing me!
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Hi folks,
    You've probably seen it but looks like 3:40 pm today will be Blurs replacement announcement. 8-) not going to hold my breath though! :roll:
    http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/blurs-big ... ced-today/
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Emm wrote:
    No word on the 3 new bands yet???? absolutely hanging to find out .... and the count down is on! :D

ETA ... looks like it will now be announced tomorrow night .... gaahhhh they are killing me!

AJ has been busy twittering all night,Somebody tweeted: Dude when is the BDO announcement? AJ tweeted back: Tomorrow at 3:40pm EST on Triple J.

So the wait is almost over, there are also 4 bands. Can't wait till this afternoon :corn: :corn:
  • Options
    Well we can all live in hope that this is so and by 3.50 this afternoon we will all be even more excited by the announcement!
  • Options
    By the way it's 3:40pm EST
  • Options
    Yes, I got that, but im sure they are going to stretch it out as long as they can ... so we wont actually be feeling informed until a little after that im guessing! :lol:
  • Options
    If you want a laugh check out AJ Maddahs twitter, he's been tweeting all night and some people are so rude
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    By the way it's 3:40pm EST
    What time is it now? 3:00pm EST?
  • Options
    3.26pm and quiet ironically they just said not until 3.40 now! :lol:
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    BEADY EYE
    THE HIVES
    DEFTONES

Awesome!
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    Someone on twitter asked AJ Maddah about a how long PJ could play, his response: "As long as they want and up to the curfew in each city." Here's hoping for a full concert set!
  • Options
    Ty wrote:
    BEADY EYE
    THE HIVES
    DEFTONES

Awesome!
    Hmmm well it doesn't make me scream uncontrollably with sheer excitement but it could have been much much worse. Look forward to seeing Deftones.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    so Deftones ive heard of them but not to familar with. whats a good deftone album I should listen to to get a feel for the band
  • Options
    so Deftones ive heard of them but not to familar with. whats a good deftone album I should listen to to get a feel for the band
    Yeah I'm not too familiar but I did like Change (in the house of flies), I believe it's called.

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    I think the album was White Pony????

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
  • Options
    MiniMan wrote:
    Someone on twitter asked AJ Maddah about a how long PJ could play, his response: "As long as they want and up to the curfew in each city." Here's hoping for a full concert set!

Now thats what they should have announced! That is very cool .... as for the added bands ... a little bit meh for me .... Beady Eye might be ok
  • Options
    just got two of my etickets emailed to me, it feels a little more official now
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,912
    My tickets are waiting for me at the Post Office! :D
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    I got an email saying mine are on their way! :o:D
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    that's a crap replacement list. i hate liam gallagher. and i've seen deftones and the hives at other big day outs and while they were entertaining enough (hives more so), it's nothing i'd feel any pain over missing out on.

hopefully it just means MOAR PEARL JAM ALL THE TIME YES!