Options

Big Day Out 2014– Aust&NZ– Pre-partys, Travel Info&Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    The Gold Coast BDO really was an amazing show, I really can not wait for my next show, bring on the Sydney BDO.
  • Options
    JW8788JW8788 Posts: 5
    So just bit the bullet and got tix for melb BDO, the gold coast set list forced me into it! I'm 8 months pregnant so hopefully the lines for the toilet ain't too bad, wish me luck people. Can't wait! :D
  • Options
    Haven't been a poster or lurker here for a long time but would be keen to trade stories with people at a Sydney Meet up. Not really keen on the city as I'm not far from Homebush.
  • Options
    candle0223candle0223 JAPAN Posts: 15
    Hi, I'm supposed to go BDO ,Sydney on JAN 26th from Japan. I will be wearing ”Wrigley T-shirts during the day. may have FLAG of JAPAN around venue. Let's talk when you see me at BDO Sydney venue.
    I speak English, but I will visit Australia for the first time.

Yoroshiku ne!
  • Options

Hi, I'm supposed to go BDO ,Sydney on JAN 26th from Japan. I will be wearing ”Wrigley T-shirts during the day. may have FLAG of JAPAN around venue. Let's talk when you see me at BDO Sydney venue.

Yoroshiku ne!

Nice I hope you have a great time, are you travelling with anyone, or no anyone going to the show?

• Options
    jaselynchjaselynch Sydney Posts: 67
    Melbourne and Sydney for me!
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049

Sooooo no one is meeting for a Sydney Pre-show drink somewhere besides the Novotel or "somewhere" in the city?
    It's been years between Australian shows.. let meet up!
    I'm hardly on here, and have not met many of your Ten Clubbers, so lets meet up and have some fun!!!

The idea was to gauge numbers first but no one will commit. A few people are meeting up in Homebush but I am looking for people in or around the city. I thought there would be a lot of people like me living over Eastern Suburbs who would be dying to meet up for a few beers the night before and share some stories etc. But maybe not :-(
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    Noel BNoel B Posts: 73
    MM54100 said:

Haven't been a poster or lurker here for a long time but would be keen to trade stories with people at a Sydney Meet up. Not really keen on the city as I'm not far from Homebush.

Come to the novotel if you want, there are few Ten Club members staying there.
    Newcastle 19 11 2006 Sydney 22 11 2009 Eddie Vedder March 16 2011 Civic Theatre Newcastle Australia Eddie Vedder Perth 2011x2. I will stare the sundown until my eyes go blind, hey I wont change direction and I wont change my mind.
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Hi All,

I won't be able to make Sydney or Melbourne now.

I was hoping one of you lovely people would be able to get me stickers from each show.
    (A few from each show.)

Anyone going to Adelaide and Perth that can help me too please for those stickers?!

I will Paypal cost and postage to you!

Let me know who can hook a girl up.

Thank you in advance.

From Jodie
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    DuncwhiteDuncwhite Melbourne Posts: 1
    Hey All,

I'm heading to Melbourne BDO, did anything get organised for pre-drinks? I would be keen to meet some other Pearl Jam fans. :)
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049

Hi All,

I won't be able to make Sydney or Melbourne now.....

From Jodie

BOOOOOO! :-( I was looking forward to meeting you. Oh well, catch ya next time!

"Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options

Yoroshiku ne!

Nice I hope you have a great time, are you travelling with anyone, or no anyone going to the show?

I,ll say hello if I see you mate, enjoy the day. You should have a great time and make lots of aussie friends. We are pretty easy going and friendly downunder. :)>-
    Newcastle 19 11 2006 Sydney 22 11 2009 Eddie Vedder March 16 2011 Civic Theatre Newcastle Australia Eddie Vedder Perth 2011x2. I will stare the sundown until my eyes go blind, hey I wont change direction and I wont change my mind.
  • Options
    Noel B said:

Yoroshiku ne!

I,ll say hello if I see you mate, enjoy the day. You should have a great time and make lots of aussie friends. We are pretty easy going and friendly downunder. :)>-
    Thanks for heading to BDO Tencluber.

I will be so excited coming Sunday, One Big Holiday. I will be arrive in sydney on morning JAN 26th. I wanna have some beers with Jammer.
  • Options

Yoroshiku ne!

I wil travek the show by myself.
  • Options

Hi All,

I was hoping one of you lovely people would be able to get me stickers from each show.
    (A few from each show.)

Anyone going to Adelaide and Perth that can help me too please for those stickers?!

Thank you in advance.

From Jodie

I,m single,I can hook a girl up. But seriously Princess I will try and get you some stickers from Sydney BDO. :)>-
  • Options
    Far Out I am starting to get really really excited about sunday, so much so that I am actually tingling all over. Cant wait to hear that first note and that first word . Will probably have a multipile orgasm. Lock up your mothers Pearl Jam are coming to town. yee ha whoa yeah.
  • Options

Noel B said:

Yoroshiku ne!

Thanks for heading to BDO Tencluber.

I will be so excited coming Sunday, One Big Holiday. I will be arrive in sydney on morning JAN 26th. I wanna have some beers with Jammer.
    Get some sleep on the plane mate, because you are going to need it.
    :))
  • Options

Yoroshiku ne!

i have a group of people going, u can hang with us if u want
  • Options
    Noel B said:

Hi All,

(A few from each show.)

Thank you in advance.

From Jodie

I,m single,I can hook a girl up. But seriously Princess I will try and get you some stickers from Sydney BDO. :)>-
    Thank you :)
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Mango said:

Hi All,

I won't be able to make Sydney or Melbourne now.....

From Jodie

BOOOOOO! :-( I was looking forward to meeting you. Oh well, catch ya next time!

Yeh, it wasn't an easy decision.
    But one that "adult" and "responsible" Jodie had to make.

I will see you in the future!
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options

ahh ok thanks for that.... sounds like it will be far away from stage though.. i guess we can't have everything! I'm off to Sydney too. Looking like some good set lists!

Yes Auckland set list looked great. I really really really hope that they play BLACK. My favourite song of all time. If you see a bloke with purple hair, that will be me. Say hello if you see me, would be nice to meet you. :)>-
  • Options

HI guys... did anyone have like a boss tickets? or did you notice where bouts the viewing areas were? i'd never been to a BDO before and sprung for them, now im concerned as last years reviews were terrible. Im hoping if they are bad i will just leave that section but this old chick is not sure if a full mosh pit i can handle anymore. Any reviews of this would be greatly appreciated :)

Click onto BDO site for Sydney, then click onto maps and times. It shows you where the Blue stage is and the Boss area.

• Options
    Hey guys
    If anyone has video of Footsetps please let me know, it was my request and I'd love to have any video footage of that magic moment!
    I hope the comment from Mike about being back sooner rather than later is true, who knows, I still remember ED saying they'd be back in a year or two in Christchurch! Seated shows in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, now that would be sweet!
  • Options
    bm12musicbm12music Posts: 292
    edited January 2014

Hey guys
    If anyone has video of Footsetps please let me know, it was my request and I'd love to have any video footage of that magic moment!
    I hope the comment from Mike about being back sooner rather than later is true, who knows, I still remember ED saying they'd be back in a year or two in Christchurch! Seated shows in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, now that would be sweet!

Kiwi Jammer - here you go. Thanks for getting it played!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpyEmrM7Z5I. Enjoy
    Post edited by bm12music on
    Auck - Feb 28, 98
    Syd - Nov 08, 06
    West Palm Beach - Jun 11, 08
    Tampa - Jun 12, 08
    Melb - Nov 20, 09
    Syd - Nov 22, 09
    Bris - Nov 25, 09
    Auck - Nov 27, 09
    Christchurch - Nov 29, 09
    EV - Bris - Mar 10 & 12, 11
    EV - New - Mar 16, 11
    EV - Syd - Mar 18, 11
  • Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited January 2014
    Does anyone know which thread the merch from GC BDO is in? I know I saw it a few days ago, but I can't find it.Wanted to check out the shirts, I am sure I saw a bright blue ladies t-shirt, but it's not in the NZ merch photo.

Thanks
    Post edited by Natashapearljamfan on
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    The bright blue one was from the GC
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    CappoCappo Posts: 71

Does anyone know which thread the merch from GC BDO is in? I know I saw it a few days ago, but I can't find it.Wanted to check out the shirts, I am sure I saw a bright blue ladies t-shirt, but it's not in the NZ merch photo.

Thanks

Check out the BDO Facebook page, there are a few pics of merch on there.
  • Options

Yoroshiku ne!

i have a group of people going, u can hang with us if u want
    Thanks. Can you send me PM?

More the better.

My accomodation is located nearby showground on JAN 26th.

My Airline, Quntas from Tokyo to Sydney . If it will be on time on that day, I will reach showground around 11AM, I guess.
  • Options
    AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    See you in Sydney.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • Options
    bm12music said:

Hey guys

Kiwi Jammer - here you go. Thanks for getting it played!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpyEmrM7Z5I. Enjoy
    Awesome thanks! I can't get it to play at the mo but will try when I'm on a computer Cheers!