Options

Big Day Out 2014– Aust&NZ– Pre-partys, Travel Info&Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    *cough* auckland. but i can see the timetable for the orange stages in the evening is the same. so. yeah.
  • Options
    redmegredmeg Posts: 21
    Ive noticed some of us are getting 15 mins more pj than others! Very disappointed with Adelaides set up its tiny not much room for main stage and only one area for merch
  • Options
    oh except some have PJ from 8 til 10.30. i hope we still get the same length show since that's 15 minutes longer than auck.
  • Options
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    doom_pony said:

*cough* auckland. but i can see the timetable for the orange stages in the evening is the same. so. yeah.

Oops sorry, I had to duck out while boss hovered at my door and didn't get to Auckland quickly enough!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    Noel BNoel B Posts: 73
    goldrush said:

Gold Coast:
    Thanks for putting the timetables up Goldrush, much appreciated Bro.
    Melbourne:

Sydney:

Adelaide:

Perth:

Newcastle 19 11 2006 Sydney 22 11 2009 Eddie Vedder March 16 2011 Civic Theatre Newcastle Australia Eddie Vedder Perth 2011x2. I will stare the sundown until my eyes go blind, hey I wont change direction and I wont change my mind.
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    There's 7 separate stages? I underestimated this thing. Severely.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    yeah but in a good way. some of my favourite big day outs have been drifting from stage to stage looking for entertainment.

this time. eyes on the prize. blue stage baby.
  • Options
    to be honest - our stage names are better :)
  • Options
    actually can't believe the fucking genius who named the blue stage "kowhai"? seriously?

fun fact - i have a kowhai tree called kowhai ledbetter. sooooo yeah.
  • Options
    Pearl Jam have a clear run thru to 11pm everywhere, if the crowd is in the zone we'll get 3 hour + sets - WAHOO!
  • Options
    it'll be our duty to show them the love.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    doom_pony said:

it'll be our duty to show them the love.

I concur! Let's do it people! \:D/
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    no banners this time. i can't afford the sheet.
  • Options
    Auckland folks is anyone considering parking up at the front of the blue stage for the day? I'm a BDO newbie so not sure how difficult it would be to a/ get there and then b/ stay there and c/ get out to loos and food/drink... I'm guessing a solid PJ group would be the only way? Thoughts?
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    Can't update first post unfortunately (anyone PM me, that knows how), but here is the list of pre-parties so far:

Auckland Pre-party Event:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/513553692060202/

Gold Coast Pre-party Event:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/490492541037055/

Melbourne Pre-party Event:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/784249041588632/?fref=ts

Perth Pre-party Event:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/405994352838619/

Other Get togethers - http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=214414&start=765
    Noel B has suggested a place on this page of thread ^ for Sydney
    Emm has suggested a place on the same page of thread ^ for Melbourne

No news on Adelaide.

Thanks.

Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952

Auckland folks is anyone considering parking up at the front of the blue stage for the day? I'm a BDO newbie so not sure how difficult it would be to a/ get there and then b/ stay there and c/ get out to loos and food/drink... I'm guessing a solid PJ group would be the only way? Thoughts?

I am waiting for pre-party to decide what to do for Auckland.
    See you there :)
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210

Thing is we just don't know what the set-up's going to be with the new venue & all. Can you make it to the pre-party at Father Ted's in town the evening before? I'm sure we'll be sussing strategies there.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    How exciting is this getting now!!! .... close enough to almost taste!
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    morello said:

Thing is we just don't know what the set-up's going to be with the new venue & all. Can you make it to the pre-party at Father Ted's in town the evening before? I'm sure we'll be sussing strategies there.
    Yep I'm flying up from Welly after work so will be there by 9, hopefully still going strong then! The flyby gives a pretty good lay of the land, although they have talked about different D-barrier set-up whereas it looks the same from what I've seen?
  • Options

I'm probably not going to be there all day. It can be incredibly hot at Western Springs and being on the front row waiting for 8+ hours with no shade is not my idea of fun haha. I have issues with being in the sun for too long, I really want to be at the front, so badly, but I can't be up there waiting all day. I'll pass out. I hope I can still get to the front without killing myself :(

Pearl Jam Pearl Jam Pearl Jam!

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    I like this pj group idea. Like it a lot.
  • Options
    The d barrier may be our biggest issue.
  • Options
    doom_pony said:

The d barrier may be our biggest issue.

No issue is an issue!! It will work out.
    IT MUST
    AHH

I'm looking to buy a single ticket to Ed's Sydney Opera House show, PM me if you've got a spare! I don't care where the seat is! :D
  • Options
    Does anyone know someone who works for BDO or Campbell what's his face? Joe?
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    @lostrocker I know your pain. I got sunburned again. Which amazes me cuz it was raining!!

I'll bring a pen to father Ted's so we can draw up a game plan! I like this PJ group idea. But I doubt I'd be able to survive 8+ hours in front of the stage waiting for pj.

NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    is there a group of 10c peeps meeting up at the gold coast venue and sticking together? or will this be planned at the pre party?

Also any suggestions about getting there from brissy im considering driving but am unsure about the parking set up, i assume public transport will be running back to bris after bdo finishes?
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

@lostrocker I know your pain. I got sunburned again. Which amazes me cuz it was raining!!

The sun has actually been REALLY strong this year, more than usual I think. I was outside for about 2 mins yesterday and I could feel my black tattoos heating up. It was weiiiird.

• Options
    I'm getting everything ready for my trip to Auckland now, I'm even completely re-doing my hair for BDO, so if you see a girl with
    pink, green and blue hair, its ME. I've found it makes meeting new people at concerts easy, you cant miss me!

• Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    Along with Kiwi Jammer I'm not going to be making it to Auckland till 9 (I wonder if we're on the same flight) - will the pre-party still be going then?