Options

Big Day Out 2014– Aust&NZ– Pre-partys, Travel Info&Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    so is there info on a sydney preparty that i have missed?, cheers
  • Options
    Noel BNoel B Posts: 73
    Trying to get something going for Saturday night at the novotel. But no one seems very interested. Only one person has said they will come. Like me they are staying at the novotel, which is pretty close to BDO. So if you want to come over for a drink, will see you there.
    Newcastle 19 11 2006 Sydney 22 11 2009 Eddie Vedder March 16 2011 Civic Theatre Newcastle Australia Eddie Vedder Perth 2011x2. I will stare the sundown until my eyes go blind, hey I wont change direction and I wont change my mind.
  • Options
    Is anyone looking to do a catch up in Sydney the after BDO? Especially since there is no 2nd BDO in Sydney.
  • Options
    vollmie32 said:

Is anyone looking to do a catch up in Sydney the after BDO? Especially since there is no 2nd BDO in Sydney.

Is that on sunday night after BDO or the following day, the Monday?

Newcastle 19 11 2006 Sydney 22 11 2009 Eddie Vedder March 16 2011 Civic Theatre Newcastle Australia Eddie Vedder Perth 2011x2. I will stare the sundown until my eyes go blind, hey I wont change direction and I wont change my mind.
  • Options
    Heres a sneak peak at the venue for those of us that have never been to Western Springs. I certainly looks more inviting than the stadium at Mt Smart. #excited
    stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/big-day-out-2014/9608873/Big-Day-Out-venue-takes-shape
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    I can see drunks wandering into the water.

The main area looks quite small.. I know it's not, but it just looks less overwhelming.

GOOD GOD LEMON. I am excited.
  • Options
    Noel B said:

vollmie32 said:

Is that on sunday night after BDO or the following day, the Monday?

Was thinking the Monday since got a day spare in Sydney. Booked flights and accommodation before they canceled the 2nd Sydney BDO.

• Options

Heres a sneak peak at the venue for those of us that have never been to Western Springs. I certainly looks more inviting than the stadium at Mt Smart. #excited
    stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/big-day-out-2014/9608873/Big-Day-Out-venue-takes-shape

looks like there is a d barrier in the animation in that vid.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Campbell Smith referred to the classic d barrier in the interview he did with the herald
  • Options
    Perth Big Day Out has changed venues from Claremont Showground to Arena Joondalup
  • Options
    doom_pony said:

Campbell Smith referred to the classic d barrier in the interview he did with the herald

So it is a D?
  • Options

doom_pony said:

So it is a D?
    Looks like it. Maybe with two entrances instead of one?

• Options
    JB28277JB28277 Houston Posts: 10
    Hello all-
    I just booked my flight into Australia. I get into Melbourne the day of the show. I will be traveling to the Sydney and Adelaide. I do not have tickets to the shows yet. Or places to stay. Or any clue where to start. I think tickets for the festivals are all on sale, but if anyone is trying to get rid of tickets, I always like to help with that. I think I will rent a car. Any suggestions on places to stay and things to do on the non PJ days would be appreciated. This is my first time to Australia.
    Jason
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    one sleep to go!!have fun people..PJ will play 2 hours 15 min set..great for festival!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PrimalPrimal Posts: 41
    So I guess I'll be seeing some of you guys tonight. Not exactly sure what time I'll be getting there however.
    Getting pretty excited about all this!
  • Options
    EmmEmm Posts: 196
    JB28277 said:

Hello all-
    I just booked my flight into Australia. I get into Melbourne the day of the show. I will be traveling to the Sydney and Adelaide. I do not have tickets to the shows yet. Or places to stay. Or any clue where to start. I think tickets for the festivals are all on sale, but if anyone is trying to get rid of tickets, I always like to help with that. I think I will rent a car. Any suggestions on places to stay and things to do on the non PJ days would be appreciated. This is my first time to Australia.
    Jason

where U coming from?? Melb is pretty easy to navigate and the train runs right into flemmington where BDO is ... Look up "cheap accommodation in Melbourne" on google and then punch in CBD that will ensure you stay within walking distance to the train station ... You can also look up timetables online, you want southern cross station to flemmington. If you have trouble I'll send you some links. Taxi to the CBD from the airport should be pretty cheap .. Its a 10 min drive
    Breath, breathe, engulfing .... Consuming, so beautiful ... Life ...
  • Options
    !

JB28277 said:

Hello all-
    Jason

If you want to stay near the venue in Sydney, google motels at Sydney Olympic precinct. But being so close to the day of the BDO I don't know how you will go. But give it a try, might cost you though. If you get accomadation elsewhere in Sydney you can catch a train to Sydney Olympic train station, or a bus. The station is pretty close to the gig. And if you want tickets google Big Day Out, and see if they have any left. I don't live in Sydney so I cant tell you much more about the place. If you get stuck just ask someone for help or directions. We are a pretty friendly lot us aussies and we don't mind giving a helping hand , if it is needed. So enjoy the BDO and enjoy our great country and the great people that you will met. PJ Forever.
  • Options
    JB28277 said:

Hello all-
    Jason

Just checked Big Day Out website. They still have tickets for sale. General admission$185 , Boss tickets $285. So don't muck around and get online and get some tickets. Because if you miss out it,s a very long trip for nothing.
    :)>-
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    Simple question needs a simple answer: is there interest in some people meeting up the Saturday night before the Sydney BDO? I can chose a decent bar, meet some fellow PJ heads and all that fun stuff. Let me know if there's interest.
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    Mango said:

Simple question needs a simple answer: is there interest in some people meeting up the Saturday night before the Sydney BDO? I can chose a decent bar, meet some fellow PJ heads and all that fun stuff. Let me know if there's interest.

Mate have been trying to get something going in Sydney for a couple of weeks. Haven,t had many takers. I suggested the novotel as it is where I am staying and it is close to the gig. There are a few Ten Club members staying there as well. So we might get together there and have a few drinks hopefully. I know I will. :)>-
  • Options
    Why not come into the city and we can have some drinks around the iconic spots of Sydney? A hotel is just a hotel. Bit stale no? I'm thinking late afternoon so it gives people (like you) plenty of time to get back to base if you want.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    Noel B said:

Mango said:

Mate have been trying to get something going in Sydney for a couple of weeks. Haven,t had many takers. I suggested the novotel as it is where I am staying and it is close to the gig. There are a few Ten Club members staying there as well. So we might get together there and have a few drinks hopefully. I know I will. :)>-
    i would like to but im staying out manly way with a mate and believe its a bit of a trip into the city and bdo venue? I keep this in mind as i wanna meet some ten club members
  • Options
    I'll be in Perth. :-)
    Gonna see my friends... Tour or no tour. :-)
  • Options
    Well personally speaking I'm not going out to Homebush for drinks on Saturday. No worries if people are staying there and thats where they wanna meet. I understand that. If you are in (beautiful) Manly jump on a ferry and come into the city! Its only 20 mins.
  • Options
    Mango said:

Why not come into the city and we can have some drinks around the iconic spots of Sydney? A hotel is just a hotel. Bit stale no? I'm thinking late afternoon so it gives people (like you) plenty of time to get back to base if you want.

Thoughts?

The novotel has several bars and bistro restaurant, with live music, so I will probably just hang there I think. Mate I am 54 with back and neck injuries, too old and sore for running around the city like I used to. I will be full of pain killers , just to make Pearl Jam.
    :-c
  • Options
    Ha Ha I hear ya brother. No worries. If was out that way I'd be doing the exact same thing!
  • Options
    Mango said:

Ha Ha I hear ya brother. No worries. If was out that way I'd be doing the exact same thing!

Well if you end up out that way , drop in for a drink and a toke. Take care , be cool . PJ FOREVER.
  • Options

Noel B said:

Mango said:

i would like to but im staying out manly way with a mate and believe its a bit of a trip into the city and bdo venue? I keep this in mind as i wanna meet some ten club members
    Mate I am from out the sticks , so I don't go to Sydney much at all. So I don't know whats where or what . But you can catch a harbour cat to homebush bay , which is near the showground , novotel and other hotels. Would be good if a few ten club members could get together , and get right in the mood for what is going to be such an unbelievable event. PEARL JAM LIVE AT BIG DAY OUT.
  • Options
    thanks guys that sounds good, im definitely keen for pre drinks now
  • Options
    Noel B said:

Mango said:

Thoughts?

The novotel has several bars and bistro restaurant, with live music, so I will probably just hang there I think. Mate I am 54 with back and neck injuries, too old and sore for running around the city like I used to. I will be full of pain killers , just to make Pearl Jam.
    :-c
    i hear your pain i have an ailing body and will be on pain relief to make it through the day