Options

Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    mr_canada wrote:
    Offer a standard version. After they re-released the PJ20 Deluxe edition in a standard format they can longer argue the "limited edition" reasoning.

:thumbup: This is what I'm talking about :)

I don't care for a pretty cover. I just would love to spin this baby. Make it as simple as possible, give the proceeds to a charity.. Thank you for the consideration, PJ :wave:
  • Options
    jvoorheesjvoorhees Langley, BC Posts: 199
    I sooooo kick myself for not ordering it when it went up for sale originally :( I had it in my cart too... and then Im thinking... meh I have nothing to play it on... and now all my music is vinyl!!! So yeah... I vote yes for a reissue of it!!!!
    05/11/2000, Vancouver, BC
    05/30/2003, Vancouver, BC
    09/01/2005, The Gorge
    09/02/2005, Vancouver, BC
    07/22/2006, The Gorge
    09/25/2009, Vancouver, BC
    09/25/2011, Vancouver, BC
    12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC
    12/06/2013, Seattle, WA
  • Options
    I saw one today for the very first time with my own eyes and I'm still stoked :shock: :oops: How can you get so excited about a piece of wax? :lol:
    Well, I sat down in awe and heard the first sounds of Of the Girl coming out of the speakers. And it was quite the magical moment. If I don't win the lottery I don't really see me ever owning this album on vinyl. So my wish still stands - please, PJ, consider re-issuing this most gorgeous, wonderful and magical piece of music for the vinyl lovers who are in it to spin it and don't have lots of cash on the side (partly because they are trying to fund following you around the country :shifty: )

Thanks for your consideration :wave:
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Someday!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    So I didn't get the singles box, because I probably wouldn't play them and for that, I didn't want to pay 55 bucks...

I would, however, pay up to 100 bucks for a re-issue of the Benaroya Hall show vinyl. I know I am not the only one out there. I know people want this to spin it as much as I do. The collector's value of the first edition wouldn't be touched by this. People who already have it but keep it sealed would probably buy a reissue to be able to spin it...

Please, do it for the fans whom you lured into a love affair with vinyl :shifty: :wave: Thank you.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,287
    You know what... fuck it! In for a penny, in for a pound as they say...

I would like to ***officially*** raise a request for the PEARL JAM BENAROYA HALL SEVENS box set to be released!

That's right people, let's have a 12x 7-inch single box of the Benny gig. 24 songs, 12 lovely pieces of vinyl with 1 song per side. You know it makes sense!

And I want coloured vinyl too dammit!

:D:D:D
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Yes, please restock Benny before restocking Sevens! At least people will actually spin Benny more than once for the novelty.
  • Options
    I keep thinking about this limited stuff and it is boggling my mind ...

Would people be happy with a "tiered" system, I wonder. I pre-ordered a Mark Lanegan LP the other day. It was available in several different versions, as was the newest qotsa LP too!

There was a regular, black vinyl for 30 bucks, 150 pieces of a yellow wax version for 36 dollars, and a red version for registered users of the ordering website. I think this system would be a cool idea for PJ too, and haven't they done it with the PJ20 dvd too? Weren't there two different versions available?

Why not please everybody - the collectors who fear the collector's buzz gets killed by the reissue of the Benny - by producing a special, limited collector's edition in a different colour and with different packaging, and the simple folks who crave to hear this beauty on vinyl, but don't care for a special packaging and colour with a regular version?

I don't want to have this for the "specialty" factor, I want to listen to it on vinyl. All the new music that I buy is on vinyl. Vinyl is en vogue again. PJ knows the appeal of the medium and even supports it...

We have set up a jar in our kitchen now, our "Benny fund". We are trying to put money away to be able to afford one one day. But it will take forever, and once we have the money, we might need it for something urgent and necessary...

A little over 200 bucks was the most I have spent on an album so far. I saved money for this and I cherish it. But as a normal person, an amount like this is almost the utmost to spend on something like this. 800, 900, 1500, or even 2000 dollars is so far out of reach that life and bills will most certainly always get in my way. I don't think that musicians really intend their music to be that exclusive. Or do they?
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    +1
    Let's do this!
    Come on 10C
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    nope
  • Options
    CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    yep
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Options
    I will scream my lungs out till they hear it over there ... A reissue would be nice ...
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I will scream my lungs out till they hear it over there ... A reissue would be nice ...
    :) +1 Benny re-issue. Good idea.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,727
    morello wrote:
    :) +1 Benny re-issue. Good idea.

:thumbup:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Seeing how Lost Dogs is starting to explode with crazy trade offers for Bennys, I give this a nice little bump.

Come on, PJ. Make a reissue happen. End the frenzy and greed. Make this album available on vinyl for the normal vinyl lover ... In a regular, unadorned, simple black release. Make it appealing to the music and vinyl fans, not the collectors. Make it for order, leave a time window of a week or so to order and then produce as many as have been ordered.

You have done it with Lightning Bolt - there is the collector's edition with Sevens and the regular release. People who want to spin their music on the turntable are happy (well, at least with the replacement vinyl :lol: ) and people who like to look at their vinyl in its sealing on the shelf knowing that they got something valuable are happy too.

Happy ending :D
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Seeing how Lost Dogs is starting to explode with crazy trade offers for Bennys, I give this a nice little bump.

Come on, PJ. Make a reissue happen. End the frenzy and greed. Make this album available on vinyl for the normal vinyl lover ... In a regular, unadorned, simple black release. Make it appealing to the music and vinyl fans, not the collectors. Make it for order, leave a time window of a week or so to order and then produce as many as have been ordered.

You have done it with Lightning Bolt - there is the collector's edition with Sevens and the regular release. People who want to spin their music on the turntable are happy (well, at least with the replacement vinyl :lol: ) and people who like to look at their vinyl in its sealing on the shelf knowing that they got something valuable are happy too.

Harrumph! Harrumph!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    dankind wrote:

Harrumph! Harrumph!

:lol::lol::lol: :thumbup:
  • Options
    Wedding-day-anniversary-bump :)

I would have loved to get this for us as a little anniversary gift... But there's still christmas, PJ! :mrgreen: :corn:
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    And while you're at it, Lost Dogs would be pretty good, too.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Newch91 wrote:
    And while you're at it, Lost Dogs would be pretty good, too.

I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Fookin hell, yeah reissue all of your catalogue in vinyl, guys. You know people would jump on it! Make our lives a little easier :P :mrgreen: :corn: Thank you, PJ!
  • Options
  • Options
    Not bad Idea.... :D:D
    16/11/2011 Santiago, Chile, 3/4/2013 Buenos Aires, Argentina, 6/4/2013 Santiago, Chile
    I'm thumbing my way back to Pearl Jam
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    :mrgreen:
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    hey nah nah nah hey thats something! :-D :thumbup:

MTV Unplugged is good..... 8-)
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    Re-issue all the vinyls. I think more people would listen to PJ on vinyl if it wasn't so scarce. Some are afraid to play it because they might scratch it and it costs a fortune to replace. Viva la vinyl!!!
  • Options
    bosshogg18 wrote:
    Re-issue all the vinyls. I think more people would listen to PJ on vinyl if it wasn't so scarce. Some are afraid to play it because they might scratch it and it costs a fortune to replace. Viva la vinyl!!!

• Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Spent my day off today chillin' spinning PJ vinyls.... Sure wish Benny was one of them :lol: so...

Bumpity.
  • Options
    ckravitz wrote:
    Spent my day off today chillin' spinning PJ vinyls.... Sure wish Benny was one of them :lol: so...

Bumpity.

:thumbup: We have a new stereo and super cool speakers, I would love to spin that album on the new set up.

Also, this thread is almost two years old now. I'm not getting tired of bumping it, but I would love to see some development on the cause one day :shifty: :P

But I am thankful that I'm going to see them live in a couple of days :)

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody :wave: