Options

Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    I agree, Leeze, you should not have to sell an internal organ for a Benny.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 913
    Don't think I have ever posted in this thread but I would love a benny reissue.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Merry German christmas bump :)
  • Options
    AO253126AO253126 Posts: 363
    Just thinking aloud... What if it gets re-released as part of the Binaural super deluxe box set? I wonder if folks would be willing to pay roughly $150 retail to get this? I know I would.
  • Options
    I like that idea, but I have Binaural already on vinyl and would find it cool if things were available separately too. I guess I would pay $150 for a Benny :)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Post-christmas bump! I think 2015 would be a really sweet year to do this. Don't you think, Pearl Jam?
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I admit that until Christmas Day, I wasn't really pro-Benny re-issue. However, now that my husband has gifted me a turntable that I could actually play one on and after reading the suggestion that it be a kind of a generic black vinyl release without all of the special stuff with it, I think that could be a reasonable option. A playable Benny without all of the guilt. I bet that the Benny owners would be willing to fork over money for something that they would feel okay with opening and playing.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of vinyl records :smile: You will soon notice that it can be addictive, but also costly. It is a great chance to expand your musical horizon too though. I am now buying all new music on vinyl. I don't think I will ever look back. The experience is just too wonderful. Since prices for PJ vinyl are sometimes out of affordable range, you will see yourself buying all kinds of other music just because you think "this might sound especially good on vinyl" :smiley:

A simple, black edition without all the extra stuff would be perfect. Our new house is the perfect environment to blast music, it would be so awesome to spin a Benny there...
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,770
    Bring on the Bennys!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Congratulations and welcome to the wonderful world of vinyl records :smile: You will soon notice that it can be addictive, but also costly. It is a great chance to expand your musical horizon too though. I am now buying all new music on vinyl. I don't think I will ever look back. The experience is just too wonderful. Since prices for PJ vinyl are sometimes out of affordable range, you will see yourself buying all kinds of other music just because you think "this might sound especially good on vinyl" :smiley:

A simple, black edition without all the extra stuff would be perfect. Our new house is the perfect environment to blast music, it would be so awesome to spin a Benny there...
    My husband looked into purchasing Binaural on vinyl for me. He left it behind when he found out that it was $400. Ouch.
  • Options
    Post-christmas bump! I think 2015 would be a really sweet year to do this. Don't you think, Pearl Jam?

I agree with you, Leeze (I know, what a surprise :smiley: ): it would be super sweet for 2015.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    deadendp wrote: »

My husband looked into purchasing Binaural on vinyl for me. He left it behind when he found out that it was $400. Ouch.

400 is steep, we got ours for 200. Have patience and look around. Create a discogs account, make a want list there and jump when you see something for a good price. Be aware that there are fakes out there. Usually, original PJ vinyl is not coloured (there are exceptions like the white Backspacer and singles). These are less expensive, but also not the original.

Yes, SD! I'm keeping my fingers crossed ...
  • Options
    deadendp wrote: »

400 is steep, we got ours for 200. Have patience and look around. Create a discogs account, make a want list there and jump when you see something for a good price. Be aware that there are fakes out there. Usually, original PJ vinyl is not coloured (there are exceptions like the white Backspacer and singles). These are less expensive, but also not the original.

Yes, SD! I'm keeping my fingers crossed ...
    Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    doctorvikdoctorvik granger, IN Posts: 123
    last benny from tenclub on the bay went for over 1300 ... yikes
  • Options
    I would love to know the reasoning behind this. Us poor folks also love vinyl, are we chopped liver because we cannot afford to drop a grand on an album? Vinyl record are claimed to have had a comeback. There's money to be made, and gratification in happy fans at the same time. Do it for us, for yourself, for the sake of vinyl records and music, and for the world!

1389038470.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg
  • Options
    Saturday bump, because I heard that more fake PJ boots are popping up. I would love for this to happen, so I don't have to buy a below super quality bootleg :smiling_imp:
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Saturday bump, because I heard that more fake PJ boots are popping up. I would love for this to happen, so I don't have to buy a below super quality bootleg :smiling_imp:

What's out there now Leeze??
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    LD on blue, yellow and green, it seems.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    LD on blue, yellow and green, it seems.

??
    Post edited by derbydave on
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
  • Options
    I guess ;)
    Gotcha
    :-bd

• Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,596
    Geez, sad that bootleggers will reissue Benny before Pearl Jam/Ten Club. Since they did Lost Dogs, Benny won't be too far away. Hope they do a good job.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Well, hope so too!!!
  • Options
    doctorvikdoctorvik granger, IN Posts: 123
    does anyone know where bootleggers get the actual music from -- ie is it from the CD ?? if it is doesn't that defeat the purpose ??
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,235
    doctorvik wrote: »
    does anyone know where bootleggers get the actual music from -- ie is it from the CD ?? if it is doesn't that defeat the purpose ??

I don't think anyone knows for certain. Some people have said the bootlegs sound pretty good. I know you can clone a record with the right equipment. If bootleggers wanted to do it right why not buy a sealed copy of any rare album for 200 to 500 dollars. Use it as the master and make all the clones from a mint copy of the original vinyl?

I don't know alot about vinyl bootlegging but that wouldn't seem to hard. I guess you'd save the $200 to $500 dollars by cloning the cd.

I still don't think PJ will re-release Benaroya anytime soon. They're struggling to re-release the studio albums which were never meant to be limited. Benaroya was limited on purpose. I would think if it ever happened it would be after the studio albums get their re-release's?
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    PJ themselves just sold one of these for about a thousand on ebay, didn't they? They aren't going to turn around and re-issue it right after doing that. As much as I wish they would.
  • Options
    I don't like all the negative energy in here :smiling_imp: I will stay optimistic. One day, this is gonna happen and all the Bennyless will be Bennied. Why does this need to be exclusively for the rich? And a lot of them don't even get opened and spun. It is a sad, sad world :expressionless:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    I don't like all the negative energy in here :smiling_imp: I will stay optimistic. One day, this is gonna happen and all the Bennyless will be Bennied. Why does this need to be exclusively for the rich? And a lot of them don't even get opened and spun. It is a sad, sad world :expressionless:
    I will never understand buying vinyl and keeping it sealed/not playing it. Especially this set. My goodness that wine color is just downright sexy!
  • Options
    Bennies for the Benniless! (Or at least for Leeze!)
  • Options
    I will never understand buying vinyl and keeping it sealed/not playing it. Especially this set. My goodness that wine color is just downright sexy!

I never understand this, either. Vinyl is meant to be played!
    ELITIST FUK