Options

Please Pearl Jam, consider a VINYL Benaroya Hall re-issue!

Comments

• Options

While I feel bad for people who shell out a lot of money for something they really, really want, I don't really care about the collector's value of something. It is an LP, the true beauty awakens when you use it... Why not make it available to all the people out there who got the vinyl disease because they are on here, truly appreciative fans of the music, and vinyl afficionados also because the band made them aware of the beauty and extraorinarity of the vinyl sound?

Oh, I agree 100%. I don't have a Benny, nor can afford one at current market prices. I'm just saying let's not pretend it won't harm the value of the original.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754

While I feel bad for people who shell out a lot of money for something they really, really want, I don't really care about the collector's value of something. It is an LP, the true beauty awakens when you use it... Why not make it available to all the people out there who got the vinyl disease because they are on here, truly appreciative fans of the music, and vinyl afficionados also because the band made them aware of the beauty and extraorinarity of the vinyl sound?

Oh, I agree 100%. I don't have a Benny, nor can afford one at current market prices. I'm just saying let's not pretend it won't harm the value of the original.
    Hmm. A minor dilemma. Here's what I would suggest: That they reprint the Benny on some puke colored vinyl and package it a really cheesy cover. That way the collectors get to retain their cool looking pricey originals and the rest of us get a chance to hear this great music played on analog vinyl the way it's supposed to be heard.

Spin spin!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    edited December 2014
    Haha! Plus, a really cheesy cover and puke-coloured vinyl would have some collector's value too!

JohnnieBeBlue, I guess you are right, it would maybe go down a little. But collectors will still want to have the original, which is only existent in limited numbers.
    I know somebody on here who spent a lot of money on a white Backspacer when it was still scarce. He was a little disappointed I think when it became available for everybody, but he got over it. Why try to please a very limited group of people when you can make a lot more happy and earn some money while doing it? :) There are so many possibilities to do this, and a lot of them have been talked about in this thread. I keep the hope alive :)
    Post edited by Leezestarr313 on
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Viva la Vinyl!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    stoppler_pjstoppler_pj Montreal, Quebec, Canada Posts: 191
    To make the owners of the original happy, press it on standard black vinyl and put it in generic white sleeves that are held together with elastics.

also, isn't the benny the only live vinyl with the whole show intact?
    You are obviously from the sticks if you call it a hoodie! Us sophisticated city folk call it a bunnyhug!
  • Options

Haha! Plus, a really cheesy cover and puke-coloured vinyl would have some collector's value too!

JohnnieBeBlue, I guess you are right, it would maybe go down a little. But collectors will still want to have the original, which is only existent in limited numbers.
    I know somebody on here who spent a lot of money on a white Backspacer when it was still scarce. He was a little disappointed I think when it became available for everybody, but he got over it. Why try to please a very limited group of people when you can make a lot more happy and earn some money while doing it? :) There are so many possibilities to do this, and a lot of them have been talked about in this thread. I keep the hope alive :)

Bump
    Your friend who was disappointed that it became available for everybody and got over it - wow.
  • Options
    Oh, come on. To each their own. That is the risk you take when you are a collector.
    The moments before I open something that is regarded as something of value, I think for a little moment about not opening it sometimes too. But as soon as I do, it is my record, and I don't care about the monetary value, just about the value it has for me as a person who loves to listen to vinyl records.
    Who knows how many surpirses are lurking in the sealed LP packs on the collector shelves that will never be discovered... Maybe there are puke-coloured Bennys out there and we just don't know because the majority never will be opened! :P
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a bootlegged vinyl version sometime next year..
  • Options
    emjotemjot Posts: 2,722
    I don't want it, I want a real thing
    PJ * 2010 * Belfast * 2012 * Manchester 1 * Manchester 2 * Berlin 1 * Berlin 2 * 2014 * Amsterdam 1 * Amsterdam 2 * Berlin * Leeds * Milton Keynes *
    EV * 2012 * Manchester * London 1 * London 2 * 2017 * Dublin * Cork *
  • Options

Pretty please.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    I have a cold and could use some good news bump :smiley:
  • Options

I'm not a doctor, but I've heard that the best cure for a cold is a re-issue of Benaroya Hall on vinyl.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    doctorvikdoctorvik granger, IN Posts: 123
    SD48277 said:

I'm not a doctor, but I've heard that the best cure for a cold is a re-issue of Benaroya Hall on vinyl.
    I am a doctor , and I agree
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

Pretty please.
    How cute!!
    Las Cruces, NM Pan Am Center September 14, 1995
    Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum July 7, 1998
    New York City, NY MSG May 20, 2010
    Eddie Vedder Solo Albuquerque, NM November 9, 2012
    Wrigley Field July 19, 2013
    LA Nov. 23: 24, 2013
    Denver 10-22-14
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074

I couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    again, there are so many more things that they should put out on vinyl that something that is already out on vinyl.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    I hope they do this.
  • Options
    Bump
    t2urgON.gif
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,769
    Please reissue this!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    We all could use a Festivus miracle...make it happen, 10c. [insert begging icon]
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    Seemed like some of your good vibes made it over to me, I feel much better today than yesterday :D

We will have a really really nice music set up in the new house. It would be awesome to spin a Benny in there :innocent:
  • Options
    SD48277 wrote: »
    We all could use a Festivus miracle...make it happen, 10c. [insert begging icon]

is this close enough to a begging icon?
    RMWtNLO.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    But sniffly is good too hahaha
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    smiley-begging.gif

haha t2urgON.gif
  • Options
    Up it goes to the top
    4FVerJo.gif
  • Options
    Release this baby!
    Please!
  • Options
    If there's not a bootleg by next Christmas Id be shocked. Vinyl is turning into a huge market that is getting flooded with reissues and people realize there is money to be made.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    It would be a Festivus miracle if they re-issued this. Please, Pearl Jam, make it a Happy Festivus for the rest of us and re-issue Benaroya Hall on vinyl.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    I'm not banking on a Festivus miracle, but at least we have something to air our grievances if they don't reissue it this time hahaha

I saw one on the bay sold for less than 800 today. I thoight "Man, I wish..." But this isn't right. It should be available without paying an arm and a leg. This thread is out of toddler age now, I think it turns 4 in February. Come on, boys, you know you want to :wink:

VivaLaVinyl_SleevePrintA_WEB.jpg

And happy birthday, Ed!