Options

*** Baltimore Fanviews Here 10/27/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    This was my sixth time seeing the boys and probably ranks as the best one yet. As many others have said the energy was palpable (from where I was on the floor) and the setlist was fucking great. I didn't see Jeff storm off at the end, chances are this is just being blown out of proportion. I thought that Ed forgetting to introduce him by name was odd, but seemed like an honest mistake as he was babbling, haha. All in all, great show, honestly much better than I expected cause yeah First Mariner Arena is a bit of a dump, but the boys left a hell of an impression for their first outing in Baltimore city (still can't believe this was their first time in Bmore!!).
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    Hated the parking garage. Was bummed to see an idiot be dragged out as the yellow shirt guy was making his way past us on his way to the stage. .

I don't think the person was being dragged out. I think he (or she -- couldn't quite tell) collapsed. Those were EMT's taking him out.

Here's my hint for parking garages (for those who can't find the free spaces on the street). If you walk two blocks west of the arena on Baltimore Street, and then turn right, there's a garage that charges $8 for events. And hardly anyone uses it. Five minute walk to the garage, and we were out of the garage in under two minutes. The only delay we had was waiting for people getting on the elevator.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    33rd time seeing the band.

Thank you Baltimore crowd.
    Section 3, 3rd row, seats 13,14.
    We jumped the whole night.
    See you in Merriweather next time.

Natty Boh!
  • Options
    Would loved to have been at this show-I'm sure the tribute to Lou Reed was very moving. I followed along on the set list thread and it was almost like being there-not quite the same thing though! ;)

Is it possible that Ed just forgot to introduce Jeff? He may have been so caught up in the moment, that he simply forgot. (I'm hoping that's all it is)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    I don't think the person was being dragged out. I think he (or she -- couldn't quite tell) collapsed. Those were EMT's taking him out.

It looked like a little of both as he passed us at the back of the floor...saw the EMTs giving him water with security close by as we left.
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    Here's my hint for parking garages (for those who can't find the free spaces on the street). If you walk two blocks west of the arena on Baltimore Street, and then turn right, there's a garage that charges $8 for events. And hardly anyone uses it. Five minute walk to the garage, and we were out of the garage in under two minutes. The only delay we had was waiting for people getting on the elevator.

We must have used the same garage by the Sheraton hotel...parked at the bottom of the ramp that lead out and only had one car in front of us at the booth to pay. Quickly out and on the road...back to Manassas, VA by 12:30.
  • Options
    jwrg26jwrg26 Posts: 31
    Awesome crowd......props to the yellow shirt guy. Best energy ever during the encore. Great crowd great crowd great crowd. Did I mention great crowd?
  • Options
    My daughter & I had incredible seats -- Section 106, Row BB (thank you Michael K.!!!). We've never been this close to the stage. We're usually among the devoted on the floor. I don't know if it was that we were sitting close to the stage in the risers, but I thought the crowd wasn't all that enthusiastic at first. We had seen them at the London, Ontario show in July at a similarly-sized venue, and that crowd was off the charts. The GA people were really into it & enthused -- but it didn't look like other sections were. After the main set, I said to my daughter that the crowd seemed quiet, and she said that she thought the band wasn't as energetic as usual. Not that the main set was bad -- great songs with great moments -- but just not the best I'd ever seen in terms of the band/crowd synergy.

And then, after Man of the Hour in the first encore, everything changed. The band got fire, the crowd caught fire, and we had an amazing show. So here's what I'm thinking happened. The band was really bummed by Lou Reed's death. Eddie said early on that it was a difficult day for them, but they'd rather be spending it doing what they loved instead of sitting around. It must be so difficult for them to see their musical influences pass (and being a rock star is a high risk profession). It was cathartic for them to dedicate Man of the Hour to Lou, so they were able to come back full tilt after that song.

As far as Jeff, I said to my daughter that Eddie forgot to introduce Jeff after introducing Mike, Stone & Boom twice (he introduced them earlier as well) and Matt once. But I can't really believe that Jeff would have gotten upset by that. I didn't catch his expression then, and I didn't see him throw his earpiece down and walk off stage looking pissed, but my daughter did. Jeff seems too laid back to let Eddie forgetting to introduce him to get under his skin like that. I'm guessing there was something else bothering him.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,436
    Really enjoyed the show. I liked Baltimore Arena a lot. Locals seem to be a bit hard on it for some reason. It's an old barn and it's awesome. LOVED Hard to Imagine - really wanted to hear that one. When they played Once I was really hoping to get the Mamasan, but alas no still no Footsteps for me. :(

Band was great but I think a little frazzled with the day's bad news. I had no idea Lou Reed had passed away; we were driving up from Blue Ridge Mtns area all day. I couldn't tell he was singing Wild Side during Daughter tag. Waiting for the Man was cool but I'm not well versed in the Lou Reed catalog so I didn't know it - I just figured it was a Lou song. I didn't see the Jeff kerfuffle but the ending was kind of abrupt.

We were in 205 - public sale tixx. Towards the back underneath the 300 level, on the side where Mike is. I think the sound was kind of muddled with the weird accoustics of where we were sitting. Crowd around us was kind of shitty - woke up towards the end in the 2nd encore.

Not a fanview but our hotel was really nice. They didn't have the king room I booked so after my little fuss they upgraded us to a kick ass suite. :o:lol: They even left champagne in our room which we came back to after the show. I only drank a couple glasses so as not to be massively hungover the next morning. :oops: Also had gone to Joe Squared beforehand for pizza which was awesome. Somebody suggested Miss Shirley's for breakfast and that was great this morning. Thanks! Baltimore is a pretty scary place (and I'm a born & raised Philly boy). :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    cjyohocjyoho Posts: 21
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Also, you havent lived until you have waited for public transportation in Downtown Baltimore at 4:30AM with your only weapons being a PJ20 backpack and a poster tube.

Glad you made it out alive. I live Northwest of the city and would rather walk in a herd of zombies on Walking Dead than take Baltimore public transportation when the sun isnt out.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    2013 - Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    weenie wrote:
    BF2140 wrote:
    Amazing show as always.

Bummed out though that Eddie forgot to acknowledge Jeff. He had a great performance and it sucked to see his face when he didn't get mentioned.

Baltimore appreciated Jeff even if they didn't get the chance to show it!

Yeah, that bothered me too. But, on a much happier note, thank you 10C for the "gift" that was my seats!!! SO FREAKING AWESOME - first row of floor seating on Mike's side. Incredible seats and incredble night.

Ed forget names sometimes. In Berlin I think he forgot to mention Jeff too, and in Paris 2000 I believe it was, he forgot to mention himself. (It somewhere in the 2000 bootlegs.) So I doubt that this is the reason why Jeff got bummed. Probably something else. They are adults, they will work it out.

What is that comment about being it "hard day". Was that just a reference re. Lou Reed?
  • Options
    Not a fanview but our hotel was really nice. They didn't have the king room I booked so after my little fuss they upgraded us to a kick ass suite. :o:lol: They even left champagne in our room which we came back to after the show. I only drank a couple glasses so as not to be massively hungover the next morning. :oops: Also had gone to Joe Squared beforehand for pizza which was awesome. Somebody suggested Miss Shirley's for breakfast and that was great this morning. Thanks! Baltimore is a pretty scary place (and I'm a born & raised Philly boy). :lol:

I suggested Miss Shirley's (as I'm sure others did), so you're welcome if it was my suggestion you saw.

I'm envious about the champagne! When I got back to my hotel (I live 2 hours from Baltimore), I stopped at the mini-market by the front desk (we're talking one shelf of snacks and one cooler of drinks) for a bottle of water. I told the woman at the front desk that I was really thirsty after the concert, and she let me have the water for free. And I was really excited about a free bottle of water! Hard to imagine my reaction if it had been a bottle of champagne! :D
  • Options
    What is that comment about being it "hard day". Was that just a reference re. Lou Reed?

Yes, he was referring to Lou Reed.
  • Options
    ninjadaveninjadave Jtown PA Posts: 128
    great show, had 10c tickets on the floor, section 3 row M. our section wasn't too bad, but overall the floor atmosphere and the GA section in front was rocking i thought....

the set was great, highlights for me where Pendulum, HTI, Habit, PT, STBC....BLOOD and Love Reign....those never get old....i was a bit bummed to see Breakerfall "dropped"...still hardly anything from Binural...would have been great...but I do think curfew was an issue...seemed like it or maybe it was the Jeff/Ed thing...the ending was very abrupt and they all just bolted on there own...Mike was last one out, ED said thanks, grabbed his notebook and split...i missed the Jeff thing but i would imagine that had something to do with it....it almost seemed like they were gonna play another encore they way they left, no bow, no group hug, etc....hope there is nothing lingering there...

by my count and looking at the proposed setlist and the songs in ( ) which are the "optional" tunes.....seems they cut it short by only two songs at most....

the show started at 8:22 per my cell and ended at 11:11.....not bad but at least a song short compared to recent shows, esp considering the prior 5 have ended at around 11:30...this was the first show i think to end on a rocker....all the others where YL and Indifference.....was there a very hard curfew in Baltimore, seems to be, and it seems the curfew in the prior 5 buildings had to be 1130...otherwise makes no sense they would plan to go 30 min over and here they started a little early and left REALLY abruptly....unless it was all due to the Jeff thing....but the band was really into the crowd, etc. the singalongs where as LOUD as i've ever heard....not sure where all this talk of the crowd not being into it comes from...

oh well, bit depressed the shows for this tour are over....i really would love to head down to Charlottsville, but not gonna happen...i hope its a clunker! lol...no really, they've all be great...could be the sleeper show of the first leg being in a college town, small building........if Rival comes out, i'm gonna puke....enjoy the shows. the band is really something special this tour....
    ~ ninjadave ~
    2003 - State College 05/03
    2006 - Cleveland 05/20 and Pittsburgh 06/23
    2008 - Washington DC 06/22
    2009 - Philly Spectrum 10/28, 10/30 and 10/31
    2010 - Columbus 05/06 and Cleveland 05/09
    2011 - Philly [EV] 06/25 and PJ20 09/03-04
    2013 - Pittsburgh 10/11, Buffalo 10/12, Philly 10/21-22 and Baltimore 10/27
    2014 - Detroit 10/16
    2016 - Philly 04/28-29 and Philly [TotD] 11/05
    2022 - Ottawa 09/03 and Camden 09/14
  • Options
    SN69668SN69668 Posts: 11
    I WILL DRIVE FOR A TICKET!!!!!GET A HOLD OF ME I HAVE A NEWWER CAR NOT PICKY JUST WANT TO GO AGAIN AND AGAIN TILL THERE TO FAR!!!!!GOT TO 3 SHOWS LIKE THIS AND WE HAD A FRIGGEN BALL!!!!GATA LUV PJ FANS!!!HURRY TIMES ALMOST UP!!!!!
  • Options
    velogatorvelogator Posts: 174
    Awesome show...I was in Section 110, Row BB right on the aisle seat 1, so pretty good seats. I thought there was alot of energy in my area and the acoustics were good for an inside arena. Would loved for them to have played Breakerfall, Glorified G and Jeremy, but I do think there must have been an 11pm curfew and they just didn't' have time to get it all in. The band was on great form, I really enjoyed this show, probably my 2nd favorite.

The end was a bit abrupt and felt like another Encore break...I saw Jeff leave early, but didn't think he looked pissed. Not real sure what that was about, but I can't imagine he was mad because he wasn't introduced.
    Manchester, TN - 2008
    Washington, D.C. - 2008
    Philadelphia, PA I - 2009
    Bristow, VA - 2010
    Baltimore, MD - 2013
    Milwaukee, WI - 2014
    Hampton, VA - 2016
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    SN69668 wrote:
    I WILL DRIVE FOR A TICKET!!!!!GET A HOLD OF ME I HAVE A NEWWER CAR NOT PICKY JUST WANT TO GO AGAIN AND AGAIN TILL THERE TO FAR!!!!!GOT TO 3 SHOWS LIKE THIS AND WE HAD A FRIGGEN BALL!!!!GATA LUV PJ FANS!!!HURRY TIMES ALMOST UP!!!!!

I think the show is over...
  • Options
    Can't say that it was my favorite show, but any time you get nearly 3hrs/32 songs of music, you can't complain. Wasn't crazy about the set list, but that's probably more from having just heard many of those songs in Philly during the week. Enjoyed Baltimore Arena, an intimate place to see a show, and the crowd was way into it. Band sounded great as well.

As for the Ed/Jeff deal, it did seem a bit odd. Ed started the intros w/Mike, then jumped right over Jeff to introduce Boom/Stone/Matt. Jeff did seem a bit annoyed. Hopefully nothing or maybe just brothers being brothers and it blows right over. Can't imagine in any 23yr relationship that there aren't some fights/disagreements along the way.

All in all a good night-as always w/PJ.
  • Options
    This was about my 25th show and I thought it was great. My fan club seats were in 106 a couple of sections on the side of the stage. Not really a bad seat in the house though, especially for the guy in the yellow shirt sitting almost in the last row! I was so happy to see that Pearl Jam was finally playing in my hometown. The Baltimore Arena has seen many great bands, including the Beatles, so I was so glad to see them in this venue. And I was glad that Baltimore made them feel so welcome. Eddie said we made a Sunday night feel like a Saturday night!

I brought my brother to the show and it was his first PJ concert. He thought the beginning was a little slow, but after the show he said that they were "ferocious". He was very impressed with their performance. The setlist was great. I wanted to hear Pendulum, and that was the first song, so I took that as a good sign. I'm never disappointed with the setlist because they're always changing it up.

I did notice that as Eddie was tossing tambourines into the crowd one fell in front of the barrier for the crowd. The security guy did nothing. Then Eddie jumped down from the stage, picked up the tambourine and gave it to an audience member, and shot the security guy a nasty look - loved that!

All in all a great evening. I cannot wait to get the bootleg!!
  • Options
    chaslilchaslil Westminster CO Posts: 306
    I am sorry if this was in the thread earlier, but yesterday was the 40th anniversary of the release of Quadrophenia, and PJ played LROM. Dis Eddie say anything about this?

Thanks,
    Charles
    Charles
    "The Who is my life. Pearl Jam is my retirement"
  • Options
    driowadriowa Wisconsin Posts: 115
    These set-lists have been amazing on this tour!
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Hello from the 21st birthday girl! :D It was an OK birthday. ;):lol: Trying to coherently write a review of this show will be almost impossible, but a short version so I don't ramble on for hours, which I could. EDIT: LOL I said I wouldn't ramble and that it'd be short...

Walked up to the venue with my friend at 6:45 AM, my "IT'S MY 21ST B'DAY" sign in tow. Huge hello to everyone who was waiting those hours with me....amazing group of people who made the hours go quicker and easier.

Rail, directly in front of Jeff, and because the stage was so small, close to both Mike and Ed as well. It's been a dream of mine to be front row for Pearl Jam, so whatever happened that night, I knew I'd come away happy. I just didn't quite know how amazing this night would be...

Music first: Really fantastic setlist, to begin with: Hard to Imagine was what I was wanting most, unreal to hear that live. Setting Forth and Habit were both new for me and both kicked ass. Was perfect hearing MFC and Present Tense again. Really enjoyed the Lou Reed cover, very special. Lou is a hero to so many in music and undoubtedly a tough loss. Ed spoke beautifully. Loved Nothingman's place in the 1st encore, gorgeous, meaningful version.

Many of you know that I lost my father last year, so hearing Man of the Hour live for the first time was really tough for me, but so beautiful. That was my highlight of the show.

Also, regarding that, since he passed, sometimes singing Alive is a bit strange for me. Today, on my birthday, I sang it as fucking loud as I could, and I meant it...celebrating still being here another year, especially after the incredibly tough past year, was pretty damn cathartic.

Now, for the unbelievable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhCAqSwtvdM (<-- THANK YOU FOR FILMING THIS, MIKE!)
    The band all definitely saw my sign before Ed spoke to me. Ed nodded right when he came out. Mike was super interactive with me, and when he first saw my sign, mouthed Happy Birthday to me. He also told me Happy Birthday again at another point when we made eye contact. Got a pick early on from him--way cool. Lots of smiles after that. Also, funny thing that happened: I'm really short, so the rail covered up most of my shirt. I was wanting to show Mike I was wearing my Team Gleason shirt, so at one point I pulled up my shirt a little and pointed..."Team Gleason" still wasn't high up enough for him to see cause I'm so short, so he gave me a really confused look. Realized this, had to pull the shirt up a tiny bit more and then Mike gave me an "ohhhhh, ok, nice!" sorta look, big smile, and nod. :lol:

So encore 1 comes, and since the lights are on, I have my sign up (I didn't want to be victim of "don't you think you oughta lay your sign down" a la Brooklyn 2 :lol: , so I only held it up occasionally) Eddie points to me and wishes a me a happy 21st birthday. Speechless. Time froze right there...my hero publicly acknowledging me. There were many "oh my god"'s and many "holy fucking shit"'s :lol: After that, Mike came over to me and threw me a pin of his that had a neat looking tree on it. That was way cool (also caught it left handed with some of my cat-like reflexes :lol: ). Knowing that the possibility of wine from Ed on my birthday could actually be a thing, before the show I asked someone nearby if they could grab me an empty cup on their beer run. So glad I did. After Ed wished me a happy birthday, I held up my cup, and he gave me a damn generous 1/2 cup full of his wine. Which, by the way, was delicious :D Points to the bottle, which actually had '21' on it (PS: if you were the woman Ed gave the bottle to when he was done with it, and have a picture of it, I'd love to have a copy of a picture!) and said, "Pretty good, huh?" Unbelievable. Also, I bet it was super duper cute to see sweaty, shakey, overly excited, and a bit emotionally confused me on the big screen basically spill wine down the side of my mouth upon first sip. :lol: :fp: But was cool to get a fist pump after holding my cup up in cheers to the band from Jeff!

Evening wasn't over yet, though: the shout-out/wine thing was probably the greatest moment of my life. But, another extremely meaningful moment happened somewhere around Nothingman that's right up there with everything wine related. After Man of the Hour, I was kinda shaken up. At one point soon after, Ed and I made eye contact, and I mouthed, "Thank you for that last song, thank you so much for Man of the Hour," and he nodded to me. Tears welled up...incredible.

Then, during Porch, Ed made a beeline to me, pointed and smiled to me, and motioned for me to give him my glass. More wine = more happiness :D

And then grand finale, during RITFW, Ed threw one of his first tambo's to me. My holy grail of concert items: an EV tambourine.

I haven't been able to stop smiling. Its moments like these that make all the tough shit you have to go through in life SO worth it. The band has NO idea the impact these small acts made on me and I will never forget this day. I hope I get to thank each and every band member at some point in the future for the most memorable night ever!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    samjam wrote:
    Hello from the 21st birthday girl! :D It was an OK birthday. ;):lol: Trying to coherently write a review of this show will be almost impossible, but a short version so I don't ramble on for hours, which I could. EDIT: LOL I said I wouldn't ramble and that it'd be short...

Walked up to the venue with my friend at 6:45 AM, my "IT'S MY 21ST B'DAY" sign in tow. Huge hello to everyone who was waiting those hours with me....amazing group of people who made the hours go quicker and easier.

Rail, directly in front of Jeff, and because the stage was so small, close to both Mike and Ed as well. It's been a dream of mine to be front row for Pearl Jam, so whatever happened that night, I knew I'd come away happy. I just didn't quite know how amazing this night would be...

Music first: Really fantastic setlist, to begin with: Hard to Imagine was what I was wanting most, unreal to hear that live. Setting Forth and Habit were both new for me and both kicked ass. Was perfect hearing MFC and Present Tense again. Really enjoyed the Lou Reed cover, very special. Lou is a hero to so many in music and undoubtedly a tough loss. Ed spoke beautifully. Loved Nothingman's place in the 1st encore, gorgeous, meaningful version.

Many of you know that I lost my father last year, so hearing Man of the Hour live for the first time was really tough for me, but so beautiful. That was my highlight of the show.

Also, regarding that, since he passed, sometimes singing Alive is a bit strange for me. Today, on my birthday, I sang it as fucking loud as I could, and I meant it...celebrating still being here another year, especially after the incredibly tough past year, was pretty damn cathartic.

Now, for the unbelievable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhCAqSwtvdM (<-- THANK YOU FOR FILMING THIS, MIKE!)
    The band all definitely saw my sign before Ed spoke to me. Ed nodded right when he came out. Mike was super interactive with me, and when he first saw my sign, mouthed Happy Birthday to me. He also told me Happy Birthday again at another point when we made eye contact. Got a pick early on from him--way cool. Lots of smiles after that. Also, funny thing that happened: I'm really short, so the rail covered up most of my shirt. I was wanting to show Mike I was wearing my Team Gleason shirt, so at one point I pulled up my shirt a little and pointed..."Team Gleason" still wasn't high up enough for him to see cause I'm so short, so he gave me a really confused look. Realized this, had to pull the shirt up a tiny bit more and then Mike gave me an "ohhhhh, ok, nice!" sorta look, big smile, and nod. :lol:

So encore 1 comes, and since the lights are on, I have my sign up (I didn't want to be victim of "don't you think you oughta lay your sign down" a la Brooklyn 2 :lol: , so I only held it up occasionally) Eddie points to me and wishes a me a happy 21st birthday. Speechless. Time froze right there...my hero publicly acknowledging me. There were many "oh my god"'s and many "holy fucking shit"'s :lol: After that, Mike came over to me and threw me a pin of his that had a neat looking tree on it. That was way cool (also caught it left handed with some of my cat-like reflexes :lol: ). Knowing that the possibility of wine from Ed on my birthday could actually be a thing, before the show I asked someone nearby if they could grab me an empty cup on their beer run. So glad I did. After Ed wished me a happy birthday, I held up my cup, and he gave me a damn generous 1/2 cup full of his wine. Which, by the way, was delicious :D Points to the bottle, which actually had '21' on it (PS: if you were the woman Ed gave the bottle to when he was done with it, and have a picture of it, I'd love to have a copy of a picture!) and said, "Pretty good, huh?" Unbelievable. Also, I bet it was super duper cute to see sweaty, shakey, overly excited, and a bit emotionally confused me on the big screen basically spill wine down the side of my mouth upon first sip. :lol: :fp: But was cool to get a fist pump after holding my cup up in cheers to the band from Jeff!

Evening wasn't over yet, though: the shout-out/wine thing was probably the greatest moment of my life. But, another extremely meaningful moment happened somewhere around Nothingman that's right up there with everything wine related. After Man of the Hour, I was kinda shaken up. At one point soon after, Ed and I made eye contact, and I mouthed, "Thank you for that last song, thank you so much for Man of the Hour," and he nodded to me. Tears welled up...incredible.

Then, during Porch, Ed made a beeline to me, pointed and smiled to me, and motioned for me to give him my glass. More wine = more happiness :D

And then grand finale, during RITFW, Ed threw one of his first tambo's to me. My holy grail of concert items: an EV tambourine.

I haven't been able to stop smiling. Its moments like these that make all the tough shit you have to go through in life SO worth it. The band has NO idea the impact these small acts made on me and I will never forget this day. I hope I get to thank each and every band member at some point in the future for the most memorable night ever!

What a great story. So glad to see the lottery system worked for someone special. Can't think of a better way to spend a 21st birthday -- a whole new generation of Pearl Jam fans having the time of their lives. I love it! Happy birthday, girl!
  • Options
    Was gonna tell how I met mike in the inner harbor after lunch just walking around by himself but it pales in comparison to samjam's happy birthday story. Congrats on a great night for you!

The yellow shirt dude rocked, especially at 'the ozone layer.' Someone please get him to post here.

Another stunning show. Feel very lucky to be seeing greatness in their prime. Is it me or are the guys having more fun on stage than ever?
  • Options
    joanna4136joanna4136 Rhode Island Posts: 22
    SAMJAM! Thanks so much for posting your story, girl. I lived vicariously through you in your amazing moments reading your words & watching the video. Now if only I could taste the wine ;)

SO ridiculously thrilled for you! Happy birthday!!!
    Be strong, be loved.
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I was 2nd row in front of Mike...couldn't see SAMJAM from where I was, but we weren't far from one another. It was my cousin's second show and she was blown away. I had friends up on the sides and they said our part of the floor never stopped going crazy (true story). For my 33rd show I would put it right up there with any other experience I've had.

Best part: At one point during the Blood jam Mike was laying on his back with his guitar sticking straight up right in front of us. People were reaching over to pat him on the back and stuff, I was about to do the same but kinda thought it would be weird, so in a split second decision after I leaned forward I saw his gleaming axe about 6 inches from my face...so I did what anyone would do in that situation and strummed the shit out of it like twice. SAMJAM got wine from Ed, and I got to play Mike's guitar in front of 15,000 screaming fans. Mike was deffo having fun, but Jeff was the star IMHO.

Second Best: MOTH (we played it at my grandfather's funeral who passed about a year ago) and I actually cried a little bit.

Third: Reign Over Me
  • Options
    dfishbergdfishberg Posts: 403
    SAMJAM -- that was awesome. Was side of stage in section 101 so we saw the whole thing . Really cool moment and another reason why PJ is the best. It is amazing how much Mike interacts with everyone and makes you feel like he is playing just for you (I was 2 off the rail for Philly 2). It is hard to imagine that the band is older than you, but also cool that a new generation of PJ fans are so passionate about the music.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Tremendous show. How the band honored Lou Reed the entire show made the night extremely special. Man of the Hour was absolutly amazing. The Take a Walk on the Wild Side tag at the end of Daughter was perfect. Not to forget Waiting for the Man, so cool.

Finally got to hear Wishlist and it was amazing. Thats the song that started it all for me. Perfect night. As good as I've ever heard the band. In my mind, this is a tough show to top.
  • Options
    not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    Good show. Great seats once again thanks to the Ten Club. Wrapped up the tour for me. I enjoyed NY2 and Philly 1 better, but still a fine show. The energy of a Philly show, nothing beats it. Just my opinion. People were sitting down all show. My wife commented that she has never seen that at a Pearl Jam show. I agree.

26th show and I finally got to hear Habit. Great surprise. Love Reign O'er Me was awesome. Haven't heard MFC in so long!

As for the Jeff thing, I might be wrong about this, but I think everyone who stated Jeff was upset because he was not mentioned completely missed it. My wife said the same thing, but I don't think it had anything to do with that. It had to do with the kid in the yellow shirt Eddie invited on stage. Jeff was visibly pissed when that kid was jumping around. He stopped playing his bass at one point and turned his back when the kid bounced over in his direction. If this was the case, I think it was an unprofessional way to handle it, but I could understand him not liking it. The liability that opens up for the band. Just my opinion, but it that whole experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

Literally, walked past Stone today walking around the Inner Harbor with my family. Total surprise. I told him they put on a great show and he was really appreciative of that. Then, I continued to push my daughter in her stroller trying to be as cool as can be at that moment. I didn't want to bother him anymore than that but to me seemed appreciative. Made my day.
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,436
    not4u10 wrote:
    Good show. Great seats once again thanks to the Ten Club. Wrapped up the tour for me. I enjoyed NY2 and Philly 1 better, but still a fine show. The energy of a Philly show, nothing beats it. Just my opinion. People were sitting down all show. My wife commented that she has never seen that at a Pearl Jam show. I agree.

26th show and I finally got to hear Habit. Great surprise. Love Reign O'er Me was awesome. Haven't heard MFC in so long!

As for the Jeff thing, I might be wrong about this, but I think everyone who stated Jeff was upset because he was not mentioned completely missed it. My wife said the same thing, but I don't think it had anything to do with that. It had to do with the kid in the yellow shirt Eddie invited on stage. Jeff was visibly pissed when that kid was jumping around. He stopped playing his bass at one point and turned his back when the kid bounced over in his direction. If this was the case, I think it was an unprofessional way to handle it, but I could understand him not liking it. The liability that opens up for the band. Just my opinion, but it that whole experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

Literally, walked past Stone today walking around the Inner Harbor with my family. Total surprise. I told him they put on a great show and he was really appreciative of that. Then, I continued to push my daughter in her stroller trying to be as cool as can be at that moment. I didn't want to bother him anymore than that but to me seemed appreciative. Made my day.

Nice story about Stone.

If Jeff was annoyed about the guy in the yellow shirt I'd be inclined to agree with him. I thought it was kind of weird.

Sam's story is fucking amazing. :!:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 402
    Did Jeff know Lou Reed on a personal level? Maybe he was just tired at the end of a rough day. Hearing of Lou's passing was a bummer for me and I don't know the guy. Its probably nothing more than something like that. It's hard to put on a show like these guys do if you've got something like that on your mind.