Options

*** Baltimore Fanviews Here 10/27/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    Just got home. All I have to say is, Pearl Jam is fucking awesome.

That fucker in the yellow shirt :clap::clap::clap:
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Wow, unbelieavable night, i got nothing more to say than Blood.
  • Options
    MTRMTR Posts: 30
    edited October 2013
    Front center on the rail, my mind is blown. Amazing set list, tons of great people and a lot of energy down in the GA.

Thank you 10 Club, that's one I definitely won't forget.

z4egh.jpg

16jo7xw.jpg

wk4kea.jpg

Setlist courtesy of Nicole.
    2epscwx.jpg
    Post edited by MTR on
  • Options
    HopperHopper Posts: 203
    Just got home. All I have to say is, Pearl Jam is fucking awesome.

That fucker in the yellow shirt :clap::clap::clap:

He just got a story of a lifetime for sure....i saw that he was jumping up and down the entire show...that was a great moment...very cool of Ed...

Not so cool of Ed...leaving out Jeff...that had to be why he was pissed off....

Great show...great energy...great sound...they were on point tonight!
    "To be the man, you gotta beat the man! WOOOOOOOOO!!"
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    GlttrGrrl wrote:
    Yeah, Jeff appeared to be over it. He took out his in-ear monitors and put them over by Boom before getting the hell off stage. He seemed just totally over it. Not sure exactly why, but Ed introduced everyone...even his doctor and some girl named Venus and her sister and didn't introduce Jeff. That was lame. I think the rest of the band was surprised & didn't know where Jeff was...don't they normally group up near the drum kit before taking a bow as a band? They definitely didn't do that tonight. It was weird for a show that was so solid throughout.

Overall, I thought it was a great show in a relatively small venue. I'm glad I was there. I got to watch Ian MacKaye sitting by the side of the stage for most of the night...just sitting and nodding along.

When Ed mentioned Venus (and later dedicated Alive to her and her sister), he was talking about Venus Williams (but sis was not Serena, must have other sisters). Venus knew the words to many older songs, so seems like she & sis are fans.

Agree though, it's still kinda weak that Ed forgot Jeff, which he's done before a few times. Hey, we're all getting older, maybe Ed should just stick to introducing left to right, so he doesn't skip anyone... :D
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 232
    Have been to 15 shows and this is definitely in the top half. Highlights for me were HTI and Porch - have seen them play it a lot but tonight's version was special. Was pleasantly surprised with most of the new songs (for whatever reason the new album isn't my cup of tea). Loved the GA section. Around 15 or so deep on Mike's side and didn't arrive until a little before 8pm. Very good crowd energy around me. My number is pretty decent so on previous tours I'm normally in first 10-20 rows, so fairly close, and definitely prefer GA to seats.

Didn't notice Jeff leave, but he seemed to be in a good mood earlier in the evening, particularly when swinging the lights during Rearview Mirror. If he was upset, whatever it was must have happened near end of show.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    aurynsdadaurynsdad Posts: 779
    Erk. I'm worried about the Jeff/Ed thing.
    10/31/93 Berkeley (Baba!) • 10/1/94 Bridge School • 9/16/96 Seattle (In My Tree!) • 10/19/96 & 10/20/96 B. School (Alt Corduroy & Alt Porch!) • 10/25/03 B. School • 6/1/03 Mtnview (Crazy Mary! You Are!) • 11/29/13 Portland (All Those Yesterdays! Even Flow!) • 10/25/14 Bridge School (Rain! Fuckin Up! TOTD!) • 5/13/22 Oakland (had to leave early, but W.M.A.! Immortality!)
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,962
    edited October 2013
    Awesome show! Great set list. Loved the Lou Reed cover. Wish the songs that were left off were played, but oh well.

Highlights: Habit, Rearviewmirrir (crowd was really into it), Lukin into Corduroy, Man of the hour, and Waiting For My Man and when Ed brought that guy onstage for Rockin'. That was fun.

Lowlights: not getting a poster. Got there around 3 ish and they were all gone then waited in linr and almost had one but by the time i got up there they were gone. Dude ahead of me took forever :x Also security sucked. In my section they were very strict with videotaping.
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    VanEyckVanEyck Posts: 171
    This parking lot is a shit hole, no ones moving. They played about 8:20-11:10.

Cool 2:50 - thanks
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,962
    VanEyck wrote:
    This parking lot is a shit hole, no ones moving. They played about 8:20-11:10.

Cool 2:50 - thanks

I got out very easy and made it back home by 12:50. Luckily my section was right by the exit and i parked in the garage on Lombard St. Got out very quickly (i was on the first level though).
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    ambst95ambst95 Posts: 125
    edited October 2013
    Tonight's show was awesome. I thought the crowd was great for a Sunday night. It definitely blew away Philly2!!!! The set list was awesome. I wish they'd have played Breakerfall now that I see the list. My section was very active for the traditonal stuff, but struggles with the newer stuff. My highlight was Porch when EddIe hopped in the crowd at the end. The guy in the yellow shirt was awesome. I didn't even notice Jeff storm off , but I don't know how Ed keeps forgetting people. He forgot Stone in Philly on Tuesday. Jeff had a good show. This is a must BOOTLEG!!!! My voice needs to recover quickly.
    Post edited by ambst95 on
    2003: 4/26 Pittsburgh, PA
    2008: 6/20 Camden, NJ
    2009: 10/28 Philadelphia, PA
    2013: 10/22 Philadelphia, PA; 10/27 Baltimore, MD
    2016: 4/20/ Raleigh, NC; 4/28 Philadelphia, PA; 4/29 Philadelphia, PA; 8/20 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    BF2140 wrote:
    Amazing show as always.

Bummed out though that Eddie forgot to acknowledge Jeff. He had a great performance and it sucked to see his face when he didn't get mentioned.

Baltimore appreciated Jeff even if they didn't get the chance to show it!

Yeah, that bothered me too. But, on a much happier note, thank you 10C for the "gift" that was my seats!!! SO FREAKING AWESOME - first row of floor seating on Mike's side. Incredible seats and incredble night.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    phfyrebyrdphfyrebyrd U.S. Posts: 17
    edited October 2013
    Such. A. Phenomenal. Night.

Just getting home to Arlington now (2:41 a.m.) thanks to Amtrak problems-- shocker, right? -- but thanks to the great guys I met tonight: Skip for the ticket; the three guys who met me in the cab and offered to take me out for drinks (Josh, Jim and Mark, I believe? Or maybe John and Mike? You know who you are!), the guy who kept me company in Baltimore and discussed Neil Gaiman books....

Highlights of the evening (other than the people:

Present Tense (three for three!)
    Hard to Imagine
    Love Reign O'er Me ---- there are no words.

Man of the Hour a fitting tribute to Lou Reed. Many a tear was shed.

And Mr Iowa in the yellow shirt, thanks for making this night so memorable. You clearly had the best night EVER of all time!!
    Post edited by phfyrebyrd on
    Makes much more sense to live in the present tense.

NYC 5/21/10; Buffalo 10/12/13; Baltimore 10/27/13
  • Options
    Did anybody snap pix of Ed when he hopped on to of the rail right to me? He grabbed my arm quickly for balance. Just wondering if I popped in any "rail" photos directly in front of Ed.
    I really hope they can continue to take breaks and do solo projects and then regroup as PJ
    They are such good musicians, amazing watching. Them perform their craft. I love me.
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    flinardi wrote:
    That was an absolutely phenomenal show. Best I've seen- blew Philly 1 away

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Get some sleep my man!
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    The guys sounded great (as always)
    Event staff coulda let some cool air from the outside in
    & yes Jeff, Bmore loves U

highlights :
    Ian from Fugazi
    Setting Forth was nice surprise
    Lou Reed stuff
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,169
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Absolutely EPIC show...reminded me of the Spectrum four years ago to the day...What an amazing show, the band's first in Baltimore. Now here's hoping for the same or better energy for their first show in Charlottesville!! And this pulling fans from the nosebleeds is really making me want to rethink my ticket choice! That kid in the yellow tee was great, he just lived my bucket list, rockin out with the boys on RITFW, just nuts.
  • Options
    pjamdragon wrote:
    The guys sounded great (as always)
    Event staff coulda let some cool air from the outside in
    & yes Jeff, Bmore loves U

highlights :
    Ian from Fugazi
    Setting Forth was nice surprise
    Lou Reed stuff

Setting Forth was PERFECT! I had the amazing fortune to meet Eddie after his solo gig at the Lyric in 2009 (documented at the end of Water on the Road) and all I could think to tell him was "Thank you for doing Into the Wild," which got me a nice double take, appreciative nod and smile from EV...so when Setting Forth hit tonight, I just felt this crazy connection like it was meant just for me (just let me believe people! HA!)...What a great night!
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    Hard To Imagine!!!!! Lukin! Fkin Habit!!!!! STBS!! EXCELLENT choices! :thumbup: :clap:

No Infallible - too bad. I just love Pendulum and Let The Records Play!!!!! All of what I heard live of LB is excellent.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,360
    Fantastic show. Loved being on the rail in front of Mike. Great entertainment and a hell of a show.
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    edited October 2013
    you lucky b@stard :) I loved it. Such a great setlist. Man of the Hour, Present Tense, Porch, Lightning Bolt!!! I could go on.
    I have NEVER seen a front man with so much energy. I loved that concert last night but I thought their jobs must be so hard....all that traveling, being away from home.

Ed is such a cutie, dancing like he was boxing, swinging from the light, inviting that guy on the stage, giving samjam(?) wine for her first drink. Ahhh....

What a coincidence that I ended up sitting next to two cat lovers, Afro Annie and her fiance, KW. :) Very sweet couple! I saw Jeff squinting, trying to read the banner that KW was holding up.

I also wondered why Jeff was left out of the introductions...
    Travelar wrote:
    Fantastic show. Loved being on the rail in front of Mike. Great entertainment and a hell of a show.
    Post edited by iluvcats on
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    RolloRollo Posts: 90

Thank u Dimi!!!
  • Options
    johnmc1976johnmc1976 Florida Posts: 315
    did anybody get this entire concert on video? hope so. cant wait for the boots...........they just get better all the time
    00' Noblesville, IN 03' Lexington, KY, 13' Wrigley
  • Options
    What a fantastic show. Only my second, and it blew Pittsburgh out of the water. Thanks to the 10c GA seats, we had an amazing view in a relatively intimate venue. The crowd looked to be really into every song, and the band was just on fire.

After Pittsburgh, I found out what I'd been missing all those years not seeing PJ...after last night, I realize what real fans are like...it was great to be amongst you for a fantastic night of amazing music.

Highlights: GA tickets, hearing Wishlist and Setting Forth, Mr. yellow t-shirt
    Lowlights: still haven't heard Even Flow! Next tour I hope...
  • Options
    was in 101, ticketmaster, not ten club, there was some doubt and skepticism over whether these would be good seats or obstructed. Well, I felt like I was on the stage. Like at an MSG show where they have a friends and family area side stage. Could have played catch with everybody. Stone would have been more of a long-toss, but doable. But being general on sale, the section was mostly dead. didn't wake up intil the 2nd encore. People next to me actually left after the first set. A couple, the guy looked like an older slimmer shorter Mark Teixeira (First basemen for the Yankees. ) Another couple spotted this and jumped in which was cool. Until they invited their obnoxious screamer friend to join them, and we started to get overcrowded.
  • Options
    acr1acr1 Posts: 83
    RVM, Porch and Black - three old songs that never get old. The jam on RVM about blew the doors off the building! The solo at the end of Black goes to show that just because you play a song live 600+ times you can still make changes/improvements. Mike was just sick on that one!! Porch - people that say its overplayed are nuts!! The entire crowd was pumped and it is always cool to see Eddie swinging from the globes - I think he even made it into the crowd this time.

Ed passed more wine out than he drank last night and was jumping and dancing around like a mad man - it was awesome!!

Hard to Imagine? Lukin????!!!! Man of the Hour?? AMAZING SETLIST!!

Also, i realized that several songs I typically skip in my car are just the bomb live. Present Tense, Habit and Setting Forth to name three that were just spot on awesome last night.

And, maybe I'm in the minority, but I freaking LOVE lightning bolt! Great new album and of course it was well represented tonight. They are starting to mix things up a bit and finding their "live changes" to some of the studio cuts and I loved them all last night.

Of course, the Lou Reed tributes and the luckiest man in the yellow shirt made the night unique. As a lifelong Neil Young fan, being on stage for RITFW would have been the end of it all for me.

After a long wait, Baltimore got a special night. I think it was well deserved!

THANKS TO PEARL JAM - my ears are still ringing and my smile has yet to fade!!
  • Options
    Great show. I was worried that the crowd wasn't ever going to pick up (thought it was going to be another Newark night). The whole Lou Reed thing put a damper on the night, a bit, for me at least. Covering Waiting for the Man was awesome. Got in and out of the city easy (key is to NOT park in garages).

Getting accosted before the show was different, haven't had that with security since 9/11.

Hope everyone had a great time!
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    Just an incredible show, only my 5th but definately the best. The boys were on fire and the Faithfull delivered. Hard To Imagine, Preset Tense and Once were incredible. Porch nearly brought the roof down, Reighn O'er Me was exceptional.. I could go on all day. The countdown to Seattle GA begins now...

Dont it make you smile.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    My third Hard to Imagine... It was the first song I heard live so anytime I hear it it brings me back. Because at the first show I looked around and didn't have a freakin clue as to what it was, ha.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway