Options

*** Baltimore Fanviews Here 10/27/13 ***

Comments

• Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    Good show but hey it is PJ. I think it will be a better boot. Didn't go for ten club tix on this one but got 1st row section 113. Farther away then we r use to but it was a cool perspective. The lighting and new screens are pretty badass. Set list was pretty solid but except for new stuff and a couple rarities it was mostly first 10 year hits. They were all awesome versions so can't complain too much:)

I say it was good not great mostly bc of the crowd. Just a weird vibe. Great during popular songs and sitting/quiet during hard rocking rarities. It is just weird watching ppl wait for betterman or alive. I'm almost like why are you here? But it is what it is. How can people not applaud Mike's spectacular solos. I digress.

I agree with previous post about jeff...it was definitely the yellow shirt guy. He did not even glance at him or acknowledge his presence. I thought it was pretty cool that he was up there and hats off to him for really rocking out but it may have been too long..and it definitely took too long to happen. Jeff was really on fire all night tho.

Solid show to start my 3 show stretch and I have really high hopes for the next two. Ten club tix, college town, and charlotte.

I hate to say this but I look forward to smaller shows that should come in the future. Like 5k at the most. Keep it mostly ten club and just charge double price. I think it would be a better experience for everyone. As much as I understand the need to play the hits to keep the crowd in it...I'd rather the band play what they really want and what we want to hear. It is okay that most folk haven't listened to pj since whatever but as far as I'm concerned they just don't get it and don't deserve to be there...save the big shows for NYC and overseas---keep the rest as intimate as possible---I think it will happen eventually so I'm not too worried about it.

Watch, tomorrow nite will completely change my mind, lol. I think u all know what I'm talking about either way.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Hello from the 21st birthday girl! :D It was an OK birthday. ;):lol: Trying to coherently write a review of this show will be almost impossible, but a short version so I don't ramble on for hours, which I could. EDIT: LOL I said I wouldn't ramble and that it'd be short...

Walked up to the venue with my friend at 6:45 AM, my "IT'S MY 21ST B'DAY" sign in tow. Huge hello to everyone who was waiting those hours with me....amazing group of people who made the hours go quicker and easier.

Rail, directly in front of Jeff, and because the stage was so small, close to both Mike and Ed as well. It's been a dream of mine to be front row for Pearl Jam, so whatever happened that night, I knew I'd come away happy. I just didn't quite know how amazing this night would be...

Music first: Really fantastic setlist, to begin with: Hard to Imagine was what I was wanting most, unreal to hear that live. Setting Forth and Habit were both new for me and both kicked ass. Was perfect hearing MFC and Present Tense again. Really enjoyed the Lou Reed cover, very special. Lou is a hero to so many in music and undoubtedly a tough loss. Ed spoke beautifully. Loved Nothingman's place in the 1st encore, gorgeous, meaningful version.

Many of you know that I lost my father last year, so hearing Man of the Hour live for the first time was really tough for me, but so beautiful. That was my highlight of the show.

Also, regarding that, since he passed, sometimes singing Alive is a bit strange for me. Today, on my birthday, I sang it as fucking loud as I could, and I meant it...celebrating still being here another year, especially after the incredibly tough past year, was pretty damn cathartic.

Now, for the unbelievable: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhCAqSwtvdM (<-- THANK YOU FOR FILMING THIS, MIKE!)
    The band all definitely saw my sign before Ed spoke to me. Ed nodded right when he came out. Mike was super interactive with me, and when he first saw my sign, mouthed Happy Birthday to me. He also told me Happy Birthday again at another point when we made eye contact. Got a pick early on from him--way cool. Lots of smiles after that. Also, funny thing that happened: I'm really short, so the rail covered up most of my shirt. I was wanting to show Mike I was wearing my Team Gleason shirt, so at one point I pulled up my shirt a little and pointed..."Team Gleason" still wasn't high up enough for him to see cause I'm so short, so he gave me a really confused look. Realized this, had to pull the shirt up a tiny bit more and then Mike gave me an "ohhhhh, ok, nice!" sorta look, big smile, and nod. :lol:

So encore 1 comes, and since the lights are on, I have my sign up (I didn't want to be victim of "don't you think you oughta lay your sign down" a la Brooklyn 2 :lol: , so I only held it up occasionally) Eddie points to me and wishes a me a happy 21st birthday. Speechless. Time froze right there...my hero publicly acknowledging me. There were many "oh my god"'s and many "holy fucking shit"'s :lol: After that, Mike came over to me and threw me a pin of his that had a neat looking tree on it. That was way cool (also caught it left handed with some of my cat-like reflexes :lol: ). Knowing that the possibility of wine from Ed on my birthday could actually be a thing, before the show I asked someone nearby if they could grab me an empty cup on their beer run. So glad I did. After Ed wished me a happy birthday, I held up my cup, and he gave me a damn generous 1/2 cup full of his wine. Which, by the way, was delicious :D Points to the bottle, which actually had '21' on it (PS: if you were the woman Ed gave the bottle to when he was done with it, and have a picture of it, I'd love to have a copy of a picture!) and said, "Pretty good, huh?" Unbelievable. Also, I bet it was super duper cute to see sweaty, shakey, overly excited, and a bit emotionally confused me on the big screen basically spill wine down the side of my mouth upon first sip. :lol: :fp: But was cool to get a fist pump after holding my cup up in cheers to the band from Jeff!

Evening wasn't over yet, though: the shout-out/wine thing was probably the greatest moment of my life. But, another extremely meaningful moment happened somewhere around Nothingman that's right up there with everything wine related. After Man of the Hour, I was kinda shaken up. At one point soon after, Ed and I made eye contact, and I mouthed, "Thank you for that last song, thank you so much for Man of the Hour," and he nodded to me. Tears welled up...incredible.

Then, during Porch, Ed made a beeline to me, pointed and smiled to me, and motioned for me to give him my glass. More wine = more happiness :D

And then grand finale, during RITFW, Ed threw one of his first tambo's to me. My holy grail of concert items: an EV tambourine.

I haven't been able to stop smiling. Its moments like these that make all the tough shit you have to go through in life SO worth it. The band has NO idea the impact these small acts made on me and I will never forget this day. I hope I get to thank each and every band member at some point in the future for the most memorable night ever!

Awesome story, made my night! :)
    Jones Beach, NY 2001
    New Orleans, LA 2003
    Oakland, CA 2013
  • Options
    GlttrGrrlGlttrGrrl Posts: 129
    pjshays wrote:
    I did notice that as Eddie was tossing tambourines into the crowd one fell in front of the barrier for the crowd. The security guy did nothing. Then Eddie jumped down from the stage, picked up the tambourine and gave it to an audience member, and shot the security guy a nasty look - loved that!

Yeah, before he jumped down he was actually yelling at the security guard to "help her out" a couple of times. I was wondering what that was about, and now I get it.

Brendan Canty was sitting about three rows in front of me - so guests of the band were mixed in with 10C members, which explains why at least a half dozen of those seats were empty before the second encore. Other fans moved down into those seats, though.
  • Options
    YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I really enjoyed this show. It was my last show of the 1st leg and my first time seeing Pearl Jam in Maryland.

My ticket buddy & I had trouble getting to our seats on the floor (Section 3 Row B). One usher would tell us to go one way while the other would say another way. Then PJ started Pendulum & we were still not at our seats. When we finally got to our seats, 2 other people were there. They had to climb over Row A so we could climb into our seats. Phew.

It was great to get Hard To Imagine as the first of the five tour premieres we would get in Baltimore. I love the song and had been hoping to hear it ever since I heard it was soundchecked. As with the other times I've heard the song, it didn't disappoint. Some other favorites of mine were the Lou Reed tributes and RVM and Black (great solo by Mike). Also Setting Forth as it was my first time seeing PJ play it (had seen Ed do it solo before). Yellow shirt guy was fun and I agree with those who say that is why Jeff was annoyed. I saw it right away during the show.

After the show I went back to Pratt St Ale House & had a couple beers with 2 friends. We then went to the venue where a small group of fans was waiting to meet Ed. We decided to wait as well. When he came out I decided that I would talk about the hat I was wearing. It was a "MORE BARN!" hat that my friend Brad in Portland OR recently sent me. Since 1996, "MORE BARN!" merch has been a fundraising effort for the Bridge School by Neil Young fans. The story refers to Neil and Graham Nash being on a rowboat on a lake on Neil's ranch. Neil has been working on some new music & he has his house & barn each rigged up as a giant speaker. His employee asks Neil how it sounds & Neil yells back "MORE BARN!"

When Ed got to me, I shook his hand & told him it was a great show. I then asked him if he knew the story of "MORE BARN!" and took off my hat to show it to him. When he saw the zipper on 1 side he said "That would be a good place to store a little pot." :mrgreen: I then told him the story and as I got to the end he said along with me "MORE BARN!" and then doubled over in laughter & said "I'm going to text Neil about that." :D

After he talked to the rest of the waiting folks he gave out guitar picks and I was lucky enough to get one.
    It was a fantastic way to end my night and my 1st leg experiences with Pearl Jam.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    SAMJAM!!!!!
    I did not know that was you but I was watching you on the big screen when you got your wine both times!! Congrats girl, your fanview/story literally made me cry. I hope you're happy! :D When I was messaging Dimi what was happening he told me it was 'Sam' but I'm slow and didn't make the connection. I am so glad you had an awesome birthday and I hope it's the beginning of an excellent and less stressful year for you! Happy Birthday!!
    Was gonna tell how I met mike in the inner harbor after lunch just walking around by himself but it pales in comparison to samjam's happy birthday story. Congrats on a great night for you!

The yellow shirt dude rocked, especially at 'the ozone layer.' Someone please get him to post here.

Another stunning show. Feel very lucky to be seeing greatness in their prime. Is it me or are the guys having more fun on stage than ever?
    I met Mike in the same area! We got breakfast at a little place called Blue Moon Cafe and decided to walk around the piers .... as soon as we reached the water there's Mike McFuckingCready walking by with his camera in hand. We talked for a bit, mostly him & my friend were comparing tattoos and talking about planes. We also talked about the show, how great Baltimore was, and yellow shirt guy. It was awesome, he is a really nice dude. Told us about the record store called The Sound Garden that he had just been too :lol: Must've been around the same time you saw him!

After coming to the realization that I had seen my last show for a while the "post-show depression" hit me like a big, big wave late on Saturday. I knew I couldn't make Baltimore because it's far and I didn't have tickets and I had class on Monday and excuses, excuses, excuses. A friend hit me up while I was looking at Amtrak schedules and hotel prices because his weekend had just started... he's never seen PJ live, I pitched the idea, he offered to drive, and at 1p.m. Sunday we were on our way. It was one of those last minute spontaneous things that have a tendency to turn into great stories, and this one sure as shit did. The tickets I got were in the very back of section 3, right behind a really tall guy. I'm 5'2, we weren't on the end of the row so I couldn't edge into the aisle, if I stood on the tip of my tippy toes I could kinda see a little so I did that for my more favoritest parts and/or songs... (this made me think that when ppl are complaining about ppl being statues, perhaps the statues are just watching intently and they don't wanna move because if they do their view will become obstructed - at least this is how I felt.) the rest of the time I was rocking out, watching the big screens and updating Dimi on Facebook ... meaning I broke 2 cardinal rules that night, which I decided was ok since I couldn't see the stage :lol:
    When Hard to Imagine came on I felt almost guilty, a friend from here had just did a 5 show marathon Bklyn-Hartford hoping for that song and they played it in Baltimore, making it my second time seeing it. But it was soooooooooooo good! Wishlist happens to be one of my favorite songs, Blood was in-fucking-sane, and while I can't remember exactly what Eddie said leading up to Habit, in the moment I said to my friend 'if they play Habit I just might lose my shit'... and they did... and then I got back up on my tip toes and SHOUTED instead, but it was soooooo good!!!! I had heard about Lou Reed earlier in the day but I'm not familiar with his work other than Wild Side, so when PJ started playing a song I didn't know and I recognized NYC in the lyrics I messaged to Dimi 'they're playing a song I don't recognize... it's about NY so I think it's probably a Lou Reed song'.... soo funny in hindsight how I make that connection but the tribute was touching.
    Man of the hour was emotional. Part of how I recognized Samjam's board name is from threads discussion the loss of her dad, because I also lost mine a couple years ago (I was 24 at the time) so I know her pain. They showed another girl wiping her eyes on the big screen during this and I was fighting them back hard. It's the first time I've heard this live too, glad they didn't play it on Friday cuz that was my parent's anniversary and I might have had a complete breakdown. I really like the STBC-LTRP combo, in either order. The guy in the yellow shirt was fucking hilarious, you wouldn't know it from the shitty ass photos I took (sorry about those) but I had a really good view of him from my spot and I kept turning around to see if he was still going (i couldnt see the stage!) he always was - and I think his energy had the whole section around him going strong all night too.

Word of advice for short people: If you have the choice between 200 level and back of the floor seats for this venue, go with the 200 level. It is MUCH MUCH MUCH lower than the 200 level in Barclays, MSG, Prudential Center, Giants Stadium, etc etc. This stadium is pancake-like.

The ONLY downside to this entire story is that since we got to the venue so late I was unable to get a poster for my friend (if I did posters, I'd def have wanted one for me too they were freakin cool looking) and also unable to get a sticker for me. :( but seriously... that's the WORST PART of my entire "weekend". #firstworldproblems.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    Catwoman1 wrote:
    Hated the parking garage. Was bummed to see an idiot be dragged out as the yellow shirt guy was making his way past us on his way to the stage. .

I don't think the person was being dragged out. I think he (or she -- couldn't quite tell) collapsed. Those were EMT's taking him out.

Here's my hint for parking garages (for those who can't find the free spaces on the street). If you walk two blocks west of the arena on Baltimore Street, and then turn right, there's a garage that charges $8 for events. And hardly anyone uses it. Five minute walk to the garage, and we were out of the garage in under two minutes. The only delay we had was waiting for people getting on the elevator.

I hope that person is alright! As for the garages, I know better--I live here! These stories have all been awesome!
  • Options
    Big fan since 91 and have only been to a couple shows. Always something preventing me from being able to go. But of all the concerts I've been to over the years, this one stands out as the best. Great set list and even better company (my wife). This was my third time to First Mariner and I really kind of dig the place, but I'm a fan of smaller venues.
    Just want to say thanks to the guy who held my place in Will Call line while I joined his wife in the Merch line to score the baby Onesie for our daughter, Presley Jean (PJ, my wife picked her name, the initials are coincidental and awesome).
    The couple were from New Jersey and it was their First year anniversary of being married. What a great way to spend an anniversary!
    Also want to thank Pearl Jam for playing in Baltimore, hopefully you guys will be back soon! And thanks 10C for the great tickets even though I'm pretty new as a member.
    I know,I know, fan for 23 years and just now joining the club? Better late than never, right?

Cheers to all!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, I can't wait for the bootleg on this show!! Looking fwd to enjoying this concert many, many times over!
  • Options
    Pretty cool moment I got to have at my 49th show. During Spin the Black Circle Ed was looking over the crowd and I was in the 2nd row. So I threw up my 45 adaptor tattoo, which is solid black and easy to see. He loved it, gave me the hang ten hand motion and then went out of his way to throw me a pick despite obviously not playing guitar on that song. Even made sure I got it after the throw.

Made my night for sure!
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    not4u10 wrote:
    As for the Jeff thing, I might be wrong about this, but I think everyone who stated Jeff was upset because he was not mentioned completely missed it. My wife said the same thing, but I don't think it had anything to do with that. It had to do with the kid in the yellow shirt Eddie invited on stage. Jeff was visibly pissed when that kid was jumping around. He stopped playing his bass at one point and turned his back when the kid bounced over in his direction. If this was the case, I think it was an unprofessional way to handle it, but I could understand him not liking it. The liability that opens up for the band. Just my opinion, but it that whole experience left a sour taste in my mouth.

Literally, walked past Stone today walking around the Inner Harbor with my family. Total surprise. I told him they put on a great show and he was really appreciative of that. Then, I continued to push my daughter in her stroller trying to be as cool as can be at that moment. I didn't want to bother him anymore than that but to me seemed appreciative. Made my day.

I remember being at a concert (maybe an Eddie solo one) where Eddie was talking about being in the last row of the upper balcony for a concert. Maybe Eddie identified with the kid in the yellow shirt, and wanted to make sure the kid knew that he was being seen -- just like Eddie -- and all of us, really -- would like to know that he was being seen by the musicians he worshipped.

Cool story about Stone. I'm sure he appreciated your low-key encounter. Not sure I would have been able to do that!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    This show marked #20 for me, so it felt really special before PJ even hit the stage. More importantly, I met up with two of my best friends on this planet which I don't see enough of anymore.

Except for Wrigley, Baltimore was my one and only show this tour, and I was totally content with their performance. Wrigley was solid, but I left that show with an empty feeling. I'm not sure if it was the crowd, the weather, or a combination of both, but I am really glad I made it to Baltimore. When Lukin was played so early in the set, I knew this was going to be a rocker! IMO, this show was awesome and ranks in my top 3; they sounded really tight!

The not so good: I'm surprised no one has mentioned the shit storm the main entrance was before the show. I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life in that line. Wow!

Prior to this show, I was really skeptical about the view in my section, since some of the arena maps were showing obstructed views in sections 101 and 102. I was in section 102, and really enjoyed the perspective from my seat. I’ve never had such a side view during a show. My seat was phenomenal!

After the show, my buddies and I went to a bar at the corner of our hotel, where we were singing PJ tunes along with fellow PJ fans as loud as we can. The whole bar was singing along. Great times!!! Not my ordinary Sunday night.

Thank you PJ for being such a great part of my life! You really make being a huge fan fruitful.
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,518
    I'm not in post show depression yet. Still reliving all the great moments from 3 great shows. But it's coming, soon. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    This show marked #20 for me, so it felt really special before PJ even hit the stage. More importantly, I met up with two of my best friends on this planet which I don't see enough of anymore.

Except for Wrigley, Baltimore was my one and only show this tour, and I was totally content with their performance. Wrigley was solid, but I left that show with an empty feeling. I'm not sure if it was the crowd, the weather, or a combination of both, but I am really glad I made it to Baltimore. When Lukin was played so early in the set, I knew this was going to be a rocker! IMO, this show was awesome and ranks in my top 3; they sounded really tight!

The not so good: I'm surprised no one has mentioned the shit storm the main entrance was before the show. I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life in that line. Wow!

Prior to this show, I was really skeptical about the view in my section, since some of the arena maps were showing obstructed views in sections 101 and 102. I was in section 102, and really enjoyed the perspective from my seat. I’ve never had such a side view during a show. My seat was phenomenal!

After the show, my buddies and I went to a bar at the corner of our hotel, where we were singing PJ tunes along with fellow PJ fans as loud as we can. The whole bar was singing along. Great times!!! Not my ordinary Sunday night.

Thank you PJ for being such a great part of my life! You really make being a huge fan fruitful.

If you would've walk to the back of the arena, there were two entrances with nobody in them.
  • Options
    dreaminginreddreaminginred Baltimore, MD Posts: 64
    Miller192 wrote:

If you would've walk to the back of the arena, there were two entrances with nobody in them.

One of the few good things about the arena is that if you park in their garage, there's an entrance to the arena on the main level that very rarely has a line (and way easy to get back to the garage afterwards). My friend and I walked right in a little after 6:30 and I said to her that it seemed weird that barely anyone appeared to be there.

Then we walked to the balcony looking over the main entrance and saw the craziness!
    "And we don't need those guys 'cause you got me!" -EV
    "I miss you already... I miss you always."

Philly- 10.03.05
    DC- 05.30.06
    Philly- 10.31.09
    NYC- 05.21.10
    Seattle- 07.15.11
    Brooklyn- 10.19.13
    Baltimore!- 10.27.13
    Philly- 4.29.16
  • Options
    Enjoyed the show. Lots of energy in Baltimore. :D
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Incredible show! Loved Present Tense, Porch and RearViewMirror. This was my first time to see them so close thanks to PJ GA tickets! Highlight was the dancing guy in the yellow shirt! If you were there, you know what I am talking about. Does anyone (in pit area) happen to know the man with the PJ scarf that was a Physical Therapist from maybe.. Batlimore?? Scruffy beard? Didn't catch his name, or city he lived in...
  • Options
    I'm not in post show depression yet. Still reliving all the great moments from 3 great shows. But it's coming, soon. :lol:

caught both shows in Philly as well and just needed one more :lol: !

the story of how i got to the show and what transpired is absolutely insane. I was on here looking for a seat right after Philly 2 ended. I found a couple potential guys, but nothing panned out until someone PM'd me about needing a ride. I told him (guy's name was Duff) I had been talking to a few guys and was probably gonna get my hands on one and when I did, I would let him know. However, I kept getting the shaft, so I told him and he says "I'll try to do what I can for you bud!"

About a day later (Friday), I get another PM and he says "I FOUND YOU A GREAT SEAT MAN!" Of course I'm ecstatic and on Sunday I pick him up and we're off.

We met the people who had my ticket at the Pratt St. bar (which was PACKED, glad to see so many Faithfull!). After meeting them, Duff goes to find his buddy and I keep talking to our new friends, a fella named Eric and his sister Kristen. One thing leads to another and I find out that I KNOW KRISTEN FROM GRADE SCHOOL BACK IN THE PHILLY BURBS AREA. We couldn't believe it and that was surely one of the nuttiest things to happen in my life. Later on after Duff comes back with his ticket buddy, we start talking about Philly 1 and 2 and our seats for that show.

We come to find out that THEY SAT EXACTLY ONE ROW IN FRONT OF ME AND MY BUDDIES AT PHILLY 1!!

Needless to say, this set the stage for a FANTASTIC show and an UNFORGETTABLE experience. Ed bringing that guy on stage, playing one for Lou, and rocking Baltimore for the first time made it a very special night.

HOW CRAZY SMALL OF A WORLD IT IS!!!
    2008 - Camden 1
    2009 - Philly 4
    2012 - MIA, Philly (21st B-day, PJ Twitter contest winner!!!)
    2013 - Philly 1,2. Baltimore
    2016 - Philly 1 (Club box), 2 (GA, Thanks to bbison)

"I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 271

This was the James Joyce Irish Pub on President Street, right? I was there too and it was definitely not anyone's ordinary Sunday night (including the staff.....they looked amazed by the whole scene). Definitely a good time and if you are the dude that bought everyone a shot at last call, I just want to say thank you.
  • Options
    jw234911jw234911 annapolis maryland Posts: 255
    Awesome show and to be that close in the pit freakin rocked
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I already posted that it was a great concert, but I have a question. sunday evening, we picked up our 10 club tix and walked over to the restaurant where the wishlist pre party had most likely already ended (it was past 6:30 p.m.) and the place was packed, especially outside. What was the name of the band playing outside on the sidewalk/corner?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    I already posted that it was a great concert, but I have a question. sunday evening, we picked up our 10 club tix and walked over to the restaurant where the wishlist pre party had most likely already ended (it was past 6:30 p.m.) and the place was packed, especially outside. What was the name of the band playing outside on the sidewalk/corner?

Bleech. They play mainly in Northern Maryland/Delaware
  • Options
    cjyohocjyoho Posts: 21
    My post show depression set in today. I saw Frightened Rabbit on 10/29 so that helped keep the depression at bay. But today I am starting to get that low feeling, especially after seeing the setlists for C'ville and Charlotte. Still had a blast at Baltimore but for future tours I'm going to a few stops on the tour.
    2010 - Bristow, VA
    2013 - Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,518
    cjyoho wrote:
    My post show depression set in today. I saw Frightened Rabbit on 10/29 so that helped keep the depression at bay. But today I am starting to get that low feeling, especially after seeing the setlists for C'ville and Charlotte. Still had a blast at Baltimore but for future tours I'm going to a few stops on the tour.

Charlottesville setlist was unbelievable. Charlotte looked ok.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    Went to all three:

1. Charlottesville (#1 by a long shot, may go down in history as one of greatest PJ shows ever, it was more than just a great setlist)

2. Baltimore
    3. Charlotte
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    This was probably about the rocking-est PJ show I've ever been to. So much energy radiating throughout the building. Highlights for me were Hard to Imagine, Setting Forth, Unthought Known, Man of the Hour, Love Reign, and ending on RITFW!

When they played Man of the Hour for Lou, I admit I cried a little. My grandfather passed away in March and this song has always reminded me of him. I am who I am today because of the things he taught me. And even though this song was played for Lou, I feel it was played for me as well. My favorite band ever giving me this gift was nothing short of a special moment.

I mentioned it in another thread, but I never thought a show could top State College 03 for me, but I think this one may have done that! And combine that with Charlottesville and they were definitely the best back-to-back shows ever!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Some pics:

A8281A63-45F8-497D-8B7D-EBE18538D328-467-0000004CEA4860AD_zps4b87bc7c.jpg

B0E8F335-A379-42A7-88AF-1D0421C2713B-467-0000004CE55467C4_zps23ec190d.jpg

4DAEA057-D37E-415D-B431-1769CAC1998B-467-0000004CDEA3A1B8_zps1d015024.jpg
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Baltimore, after 23 years of loving Pearl Jam, was absolutely insanely incredible. The energy inside the arena was infectious, and I have honestly never been to a better show- anyone, anywhere. Charlottesville and Charlotte were great too, but Baltimore took the cake for me.
    Wish I could do it all over again! Here's to another tour in 2014!

1992-8-18 Lollapalooza, Raleigh NC
    2012-11-24 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2012-11-25 Jacksonville FL, Eddie solo tour
    2013-10-27 Baltimore MD
    2013-10-29 Charlottesville VA
    2013-10-30 Charlotte NC
    2013=making up for lost time

[/img]
  • Options
    rvmirror67 wrote:
    Baltimore, after 23 years of loving Pearl Jam, was absolutely insanely incredible. The energy inside the arena was infectious, and I have honestly never been to a better show- anyone, anywhere. Charlottesville and Charlotte were great too, but Baltimore took the cake for me.
    Wish I could do it all over again! Here's to another tour in 2014!

Wait you went to Baltimore and C-ville and think that Baltimore is better? :o

I didn't go to C-ville, but I was at both Philly's, both Brooklyn's, Bmore and Pitt. And I think that Baltimore was a damn good show but on this tour I would rank it only above Philly 2. Interesting perspective as I am curious why you think that? Because the setlist looked insane for C-ville but that's from an outsider's perspective so my opinion really doesn't hold much stock, ha.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    marc4pt0 wrote:
    Big fan since 91 and have only been to a couple shows. Always something preventing me from being able to go. But of all the concerts I've been to over the years, this one stands out as the best. Great set list and even better company (my wife). This was my third time to First Mariner and I really kind of dig the place, but I'm a fan of smaller venues.
    Just want to say thanks to the guy who held my place in Will Call line while I joined his wife in the Merch line to score the baby Onesie for our daughter, Presley Jean (PJ, my wife picked her name, the initials are coincidental and awesome).
    The couple were from New Jersey and it was their First year anniversary of being married. What a great way to spend an anniversary!
    Also want to thank Pearl Jam for playing in Baltimore, hopefully you guys will be back soon! And thanks 10C for the great tickets even though I'm pretty new as a member.
    I know,I know, fan for 23 years and just now joining the club? Better late than never, right?

Cheers to all!

that was me and my wife who held your spot !Very nice hanging with you and glad you had a great time.....small world
  • Options
    Hmm interesting take. I didn't think of it getting a little boring after all the slow songs. I just saw the set and was blown away. Another reason why you need to be there to really judge.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway