OFFICIAL LB Vinyl Condition Thread

Comments

• juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Haven't recieved my lightning bolt copy from the 10 club yet but I bought a copy from my local record store and its in really good shape, and it sounds great....waiting on my 10 club copy but now I can't keep it sealed knowing what's going on.....what a mess! Still waiting for my vault vinyl to arrive as well!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • juddboz80juddboz80 Posts: 2,141
    Haven't recieved my lightning bolt copy from the 10 club yet but I bought a copy from my local record store and its in really good shape, and it sounds great....waiting on my 10 club copy but now I can't keep it sealed knowing what's going on.....what a mess! Still waiting for my vault vinyl to arrive as well!
    Cant buy what i want cause its free....
  • Hub.Hub. Posts: 1,985
    juddboz80 wrote:
    juddboz80 wrote:

I disagree: it seems your vinyl is scratched. :mrgreen:
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Hub. wrote:
    juddboz80 wrote:
    juddboz80 wrote:

Yep, seems like yours skips.
  • Hub. wrote:
    juddboz80 wrote:
    juddboz80 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • ldatspjldatspj Posts: 91
    Just picked up a copy at local record store, opened it , no visible scratches or marks! Will play it and update! In western ma
  • MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    I've posted a lot about this. Got mine locally, sleeve and jacket are as mint as anything I've bought, and I buy a lot of records. Records LOOKS fine, pops and SKIPS on Getaway, pops and skips throughout, major skips on Pendulum, which I posted a video of on Instagram @negavinyl In my opinion not a playable copy. No satisfaction through my local store, who I will no longer buy from. Going to pick up another copy at another local store who will return it if it's defective, cause I'm an idiot and love this band and vinyl.

For those of you in the Columbus, OH area, buy your records at Spoonful, not Magnolia Thunderpussy. They have the worst customer service known to man and will fuck you over in a situation like this. A new release should be joy for fans, especially at a $35 price point. First world pains for sure, but still unacceptable.
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Seems to me the collector mentality will go away due to never knowing the true condition.
    I'd say there are already enough horror stories to run the 35$ price of your sealed Lightning Bolt album up into the 15-17$ range.

:clap:

Wanna know if it is screwed up? Gotta open to find out. :-)
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    Received yesterday from 10C. Album cover and contents in perfect shape. Right now I'm halfway through Future Days and everything sounds great. No problems whatsoever.
  • sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    Mercury wrote:
    I've posted a lot about this. Got mine locally, sleeve and jacket are as mint as anything I've bought, and I buy a lot of records. Records LOOKS fine, pops and SKIPS on Getaway, pops and skips throughout, major skips on Pendulum, which I posted a video of on Instagram @negavinyl In my opinion not a playable copy. No satisfaction through my local store, who I will no longer buy from. Going to pick up another copy at another local store who will return it if it's defective, cause I'm an idiot and love this band and vinyl.

For those of you in the Columbus, OH area, buy your records at Spoonful, not Magnolia Thunderpussy. They have the worst customer service known to man and will fuck you over in a situation like this. A new release should be joy for fans, especially at a $35 price point. First world pains for sure, but still unacceptable.

My girlfriend used to work at Magnolia Thunderpussy. She hated everything about it, from top down. Whenever she is back in Columbus and drives by the shop, or hears someone mention it, she just says "FUCK that place." Lost Weekend Records, Used Kids, or Spoonful are the only places one should ever consider buying a record in the city.
    Mercury wrote:

My girlfriend used to work at Magnolia Thunderpussy. She hated everything about it, from top down. Whenever she is back in Columbus and drives by the shop, or hears someone mention it, she just says "FUCK that place." Lost Weekend Records, Used Kids, or Spoonful are the only places one should ever consider buying a record in the city.

FACT.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    fmteft.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • ldatspjldatspj Posts: 91
    Update from local record store western ma, just got through vinyl, pretty much flawless!! Tiny pops on side a nothing major! Still waiting for tenclub edtion! And store said they reciecied it oct 15!!
  • SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    Received mine yesterday. One corner ding, no tears or split's in cover. Vinyl is black(was hoping for red). No evident gouge's or scratches. Will spin later tonight, after wife goes out & have time to REALLY listen to it. I have high hope's, but fear it will be Backspacer all over again. Not that I hated Backspacer, but the band is moving in a direction I'm not alway's familiar with. Yes I know they're older, and the music is bound to change, but the album's after Yield, don't have that hunger in them. They are the shit & they know it. I used to blame Matt Cameron joining the group, but that's not it. I miss Jack Irons, but don't think he could save what is really going on, Pearl jam is now a product, controlled by Ed. We saw them in Pittsburgh last Friday & they had the crowd from the start. The next night in Buffalo, Ed was clearly not on point(because of family issues etc.)& it not only affect the crowd, it affected the band. Stone looked like he had the time of his life in Pitt. After the second or third time Ed stopped everything to change thing's in the setlist, they all seemed distracted IMHO. When Ed is happy good show. When Ed isn't happy, not so much. I can honestly say out of the 22 show's I've been to Buffalo is at the bottom. Sorry, just my opinion. Couldn't even sing Indifference. But sang Got Some both night's. Sorry if my rant offend's anybody in advance, not my intention.
    Scott A. Setser
  • HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
    Place purchased: Ten Club

Jacket/sleeve condition: No idea, I haven't received it yet

Vinyl condition (play grade preferrably): No idea, I haven't received it yet

;)
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Mercury wrote:

Too bad the store sucks, because its name is great. :P
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    SS9981 wrote:
    Received mine yesterday. One corner ding, no tears or split's in cover. Vinyl is black(was hoping for red). No evident gouge's or scratches. Will spin later tonight, after wife goes out & have time to REALLY listen to it. I have high hope's, but fear it will be Backspacer all over again. Not that I hated Backspacer, but the band is moving in a direction I'm not alway's familiar with. Yes I know they're older, and the music is bound to change, but the album's after Yield, don't have that hunger in them. They are the shit & they know it. I used to blame Matt Cameron joining the group, but that's not it. I miss Jack Irons, but don't think he could save what is really going on, Pearl jam is now a product, controlled by Ed. We saw them in Pittsburgh last Friday & they had the crowd from the start. The next night in Buffalo, Ed was clearly not on point(because of family issues etc.)& it not only affect the crowd, it affected the band. Stone looked like he had the time of his life in Pitt. After the second or third time Ed stopped everything to change thing's in the setlist, they all seemed distracted IMHO. When Ed is happy good show. When Ed isn't happy, not so much. I can honestly say out of the 22 show's I've been to Buffalo is at the bottom. Sorry, just my opinion. Couldn't even sing Indifference. But sang Got Some both night's. Sorry if my rant offend's anybody in advance, not my intention.
    Just a reminder, putting an apostrophe between the word and the "s" does not make a word plural. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Mercury wrote:

heres the link to your video:
    http://www.iphoneogram.com/p/5682550560 ... _15630323/
    aqo2t.jpg
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Mercury wrote:

Too bad the store sucks, because its name is great. :P

Yeah, they should change it to Thundercunt Express. What a bunch of a-holes. Oh well, I guess my $35 wasn't for nothing, I know to never ever shop there again.
  • jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Just opened my 10c copy..Hot off the mail truck.. Artwork is beautiful... Was happy to see the messy lyrics.. Everything was going so well... The vinyl is a mess.. Not worth damaging my needle on.. There are visible bits of vinyl or dirt or cracker crumbs all over side 1... The lable is so off center that it is covering part of the dead wax etching.. Side 2 has the same problems..Definitely a sloppy rush job..
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    mine came in today from the 10CLUB but i haven't opened it yet.

I WISH I KNEW IF THERE WAS A RETURN POLICY OR A REPLACEMENT POLICY!!!!!! at the very least give the people who bought this a big discount on the repress.
  • Bought my copy at local record store and it plays very well. It doesn't skip once and no visible damage to the record or the cover. I guess I got lucky. Sorry to those who are receiving damaged records. :(
  • quimby20quimby20 Posts: 823
    You know you can always call your credit card company and dispute the charge. The 10 clubs a business like anybody else.
  • SP96445SP96445 Posts: 214
    Guess I am lucky. Received my 10c version Weds and in perfect shape. Both sides no flaws. Black vinyl.
    Live in So Cal and ordered the record less than 2 weeks ago
  • Guy DudebroGuy Dudebro Posts: 1,342
    Yep, sure enough. My needle skips over the tiny dent impression in Pendulum. The inner sleeve is split and it looks like whoever put this package together was enjoying some potato chips. There is more finger prints on this piece of vinyl than anyone could ever believe. The vinyl also is not clean or bright. It has a hazy look to it. It looks like this is going to be a mess because it's not like there was only a couple thousand of these pressed and shipped.
  • crunchychris49crunchychris49 Maine, US Posts: 8
    Still no vinyl here in Maine. Pre-ordered from 10C. Why so much damage??
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    cp3iverson wrote:
    mine came in today from the 10CLUB but i haven't opened it yet.

I WISH I KNEW IF THERE WAS A RETURN POLICY OR A REPLACEMENT POLICY!!!!!! at the very least give the people who bought this a big discount on the repress.
    dont believe there should be a discount its there f..k up and its not a small one .i think any one that has brought one from 10club should either have total refund or reissue sent to the free of charge .if you have brought from a shop youll get your money back because they certainly will .
    quimby20 wrote:
    You know you can always call your credit card company and dispute the charge. The 10 clubs a business like anybody else.

Yeah but how does that work? I mean you bought something, signed a receipt. It's not like it's a fraudulent charge or something...
  • nutbarznutbarz Posts: 227
    Place purchased = Toad Hall Records - Rockford, IL - http://toadhallonline.com/

Jacket/sleeve condition = Pristine - No Flaws or Mars, nothing. Awesome. Love the fact that on the LP jacket you can see the detail of the artwork.

Vinyl condition (play grade preferably) = Again, Pristine - No Visible Marks or flaws, Played through both sides, no skips, sound issues, etc. No Fingerprints, or Potato Chip crumbs, Labels are centered very good.

Still waiting on my 10 Club Version -
  • Johnny WongJohnny Wong Wauwatosa, WI Posts: 193
    I wish people would post some deadwax info. I wonder if there is any differentiation in the pressings? Good or bad.... How many plates were made, where was this pressed?!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++