Options

OFFICIAL LB Vinyl Condition Thread

PH20PH20 Posts: 466
edited November 2013 in The Porch
It would be great if we could post in one thread.

Place purchased...

Jacket/sleeve condition...

Vinyl condition (play grade preferrably)...

That way we get a better idea how many have issues.
2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Place purchased: Ten Club

Jacket/sleeve condition: No idea, I haven't received it yet

Vinyl condition (play grade preferrably): No idea, I haven't received it yet

;)
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    My condition is in transit
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Mine too, I'm just trying to get a better idea of my odds here.

"More like one out of a million."
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    PH20 wrote:

So you're saying there's a chance
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    nutbarznutbarz Posts: 227
    Going to a Local Shop tomorrow, they have one copy for me, if they got 2 who wants the other?
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,472
    JK_Livin wrote:
    PH20 wrote:

So you're saying there's a chance

:lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    I got the 10c, vinyl is excelent( I must be lucky). The gatefold came with a rip on top and a smashed corner. Good thing I buy records to play and not to just collect.
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
  • Options
    Vinyl is gouged on both sides A and B, Track 1 on both sides (UNLISTENABLE). So I will sit here, have some :mrgreen: ,and just listen to the new Amos Lee, flawless.

Also, I got the 10C
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    I am wondering what I should do with the copy that I have no intention of opening. I got two copies - one to play, and one to just save, sealed, for future consideration. So I can't check the condition of that one... the whole reason I bought it was to keep it sealed for the long term. So will 10c replace that one too? Because I don't want it. It's basically worthless because of the problem with this run.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I am wondering what I should do with the copy that I have no intention of opening. I got two copies - one to play, and one to just save, sealed, for future consideration. So I can't check the condition of that one... the whole reason I bought it was to keep it sealed for the long term. So will 10c replace that one too? Because I don't want it. It's basically worthless because of the problem with this run.

This is going to be a fiasco!!!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I would say you'd have to open it and check to get a replacement and that seems fair. Doesn't seem like all of them are fucked up. Sounds like there was some sort of mishap with part of the batch between pressing and packaging.

I'd check it out and go for a sealed one once they get this fiasco sorted out.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I would say you'd have to open it and check to get a replacement and that seems fair. Doesn't seem like all of them are fucked up. Sounds like there was some sort of mishap with part of the batch between pressing and packaging.

Again, another good use of the word FIASCO
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I bought into keep sealed and unplayed. So yeah... I threw away $25. If I want to keep a sealed copy, I'm not doing so with one from this pressing, because I'm not an asshole - obviously I'm keeping it sealed so that I can either sell/trade it many years from now in case it actually ends up being a more valuable item to people, and I'm not about to risk ripping the buyer or trader off with a potentially damaged record. As you said, I will just have to give it away for free to someone who wants to find out if it's fucked up, or just ruin it's value and play it, and then give it away or just keep it to play after the first is worn. I'll have to buy another one once they have a run that isn't mostly damaged in order to save a sealed copy. So thanks to whoever fucked this run up. Very Frustrating to waste $25 because someone else screwed up. I wonder if we'll ever find out what actually happened? ... 10c will probably hide it from us as they do most things.... I actually think they should do a complete.recall of the product, sealed or not. That's what most companies would do, no?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    After this,im sure ill keep mine sealed!! :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    Howdy PJ Soul,

Just a thought - words of advice.

The one you want to maintain in pristine condition: Albums that remain sealed for years and years (I have many) can still be opened carefully for inspection at your own discretion. Do it carefully, give em one spin and then decide what you want to do. A) it's scratchy and shitty sound quality so you either keep it or sell it with full disclosure or B) it plays beautifully and you put it back inside and spin your copy meant for spinning. That way you've got your pretty much pristine condition copy still tucked away and just opened once for testing. Certainly collectors down the road would appreciate and understand that.

You've got the powah!!!
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    evsgjamm wrote:
    Howdy PJ Soul,

Just a thought - words of advice.

The one you want to maintain in pristine condition: Albums that remain sealed for years and years (I have many) can still be opened carefully for inspection at your own discretion. Do it carefully, give em one spin and then decide what you want to do. A) it's scratchy and shitty sound quality so you either keep it or sell it with full disclosure or B) it plays beautifully and you put it back inside and spin your copy meant for spinning. That way you've got your pretty much pristine condition copy still tucked away and just opened once for testing. Certainly collectors down the road would appreciate and understand that.

You've got the powah!!!
    You're right. Thanks!
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    Before I put mine on the turntable, I knew it wouldn't go well. Getaway, Pendulum, and Swallowed Whole all skip. Getaway is the worst. The album looks smudged on both sides. On the cover of the liner booklet, there's a heavy distortion running down the entire side.

Not happy, but hopeful that it will be addressed and remedied in time. I do wonder if they ceased selling the albums at the show tonight. If so, that hopefully means some communication is coming soon.

I just want an album I can play.

As a side note, the front side album art looks hand drawn. I expected otherwise. I think I like that.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    Place Purchased: Ten Club

Jacket/sleeve condition: Excellent / No Issues

Vinyl condition (play grade preferrably): Side A sounds great with the exception of a few pops / Side B started off good, but started popping and crackling towards the end of "Sleeping By Myself". "Yellow Moon" got even worse and "Future Days" was virtually unlistenable and started skipping. I could not finish it.
    I am the artist formally known as "Cameron4President"....
    1998: Va Beach VA
    2000: Va Beach VA, Columbia MD
    2003: Raleigh NC, Bristow VA
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Bristow VA
    2013: Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Charlotte NC
    2014: Cincinnati, OH
    2016: Hampton, VA, Raleigh, NC
  • Options
    Place Purchased: Ten Club

Jacket/sleeve condition: Excellent / No Issues

Vinyl condition (play grade preferrably): Side A sounds great with the exception of a few pops / Side B started off good, but started popping and crackling towards the end of "Sleeping By Myself". "Yellow Moon" got even worse and "Future Days" was virtually unlistenable and started skipping. I could not finish it.

Thank you for the update.

Man that is crazy that these things are actually skipping. I have junked up albums that don't skip. Really hoping for the best with this whole situation.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    You're right. Thanks!

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ;)
  • Options
    -purchased from 10c, got in mail today, i live in Virginia

-i could see the cover was torn along the top edge before I took the shrink wrap off

-lots of smearing and "greasy" looking stains on the sleeve, and the sleeve is torn on top edge

-the entire outer edge of the actual record itself feels rough, including a piece of vinyl hanging off, as if it wasn't cut out cleanly. No wonder the sleeve and cover were torn with this rough-edged vinyl inside it.

-same pops as others have described, pendulum is the worst sounding (so far)

-in contrast to The Head and the Heart, Let's Be Still I received today as well, LB seems like it was made in a sweatshop
  • Options
    -purchased from 10c, got in mail today, i live in Virginia

-i could see the cover was torn along the top edge before I took the shrink wrap off

-lots of smearing and "greasy" looking stains on the sleeve, and the sleeve is torn on top edge

-the entire outer edge of the actual record itself feels rough, including a piece of vinyl hanging off, as if it wasn't cut out cleanly. No wonder the sleeve and cover were torn with this rough-edged vinyl inside it.

-same pops as others have described, pendulum is the worst sounding (so far)

-in contrast to The Head and the Heart, Let's Be Still I received today as well, LB seems like it was made in a sweatshop
    I am so curious to know what happened to these records and how they actually got to the point of being shipped without someone saying something! :corn:
  • Options

-lots of smearing and "greasy" looking stains on the sleeve

-the entire outer edge of the actual record itself feels rough, including a piece of vinyl hanging off, as if it wasn't cut out cleanly.

I noticed the same on my album as well, especially with the vinyl hanging off or being uncut.
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    After this,im sure ill keep mine sealed!! :lol:
    Me too, if it ever gets delivered...
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    Got mine from tenclub today

Sleeve is in great condition

I didn't listen past pendulum but it played fine without skipping, but seemed very quiet... I'm gonna listen again tomorrow cause work is a loud place
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    10c, lp got to me thursday in new jersey. cover had the infamous tear on the spine when the lp tried to bust through in transit.

my copy is completely fucked, defective, and it pops, skips and jumps throughout the entire lp.
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    Has anyone considered that maybe the shipping is to blame for all the problems? I've ordered plenty of merch, not just pj merch, and a lot of it doesnt arrive pristine.....just a thought.
    10/11/13 consol energy center pittsburgh
  • Options
    Has anyone considered that maybe the shipping is to blame for all the problems? I've ordered plenty of merch, not just pj merch, and a lot of it doesnt arrive pristine.....just a thought.

Considering that my sleeve arrived in pristine condition and only Side B was affected..., no. This was not caused by shipping.
  • Options

Considering that my sleeve arrived in pristine condition and only Side B was affected..., no. This was not caused by shipping.

Then it is a fiasco...... :lol:
  • Options
    Interested to know when the winner(s) of the 10c contest recieve the autogrphed copy of the red vinyl if the same problems exsist....