Options

OFFICIAL LB Vinyl Condition Thread

Comments

• Options
    Mine was about 40 minutes north of me as of Saturday. Hopefully it makes it here sometime today or tomorrow without defects, but I'm not holding my breath based on what I'm reading here so far... :fp: Just happy I at least have Hartford to lift my spirits on in 5 days :D
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    LOOKS like it is out for delivery today in chicago. but who the fuck knows... will probably end up in alabama by the end of the day. :fp: :roll:

so what's the consensus here... keep it sealed in hopes that 10C rights this huge wrong and we can just send it back for an exchange? or just play it and pray it is one of the very few good presses?
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    My projected delivery date is today:

however, my tracking has not been updated since the 15th, and is still says that its in Auburn WA.. does not appear to have been moved in a week.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    So hoping mine would arrive today! I'm not sure exactly how to track it-any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    So hoping mine would arrive today! I'm not sure exactly how to track it-any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

your 10c email has a tracking number.. just go to "ups shipping innovations" and track it.
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    rival. wrote:
    LOOKS like it is out for delivery today in chicago. but who the fuck knows... will probably end up in alabama by the end of the day. :fp: :roll:

so what's the consensus here... keep it sealed in hopes that 10C rights this huge wrong and we can just send it back for an exchange? or just play it and pray it is one of the very few good presses?

Considering 10c hasn't yet addressed the problem, you should open it. If it's defective, I'd think they'll have to replace it...sealed or open.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    Got mine on Friday and just listened to it once with great disappointment. Getaway loops about halfway into the song, so I have to move the needle. I would estimate 15+ really loud pops on the whole record, with some decent amount of surface noise throughout. Of all the new records I've bought in the past few years (probably around 100), it's by far the worst sounding one. I'll be expecting a new one from 10c when they can get around to admitting there's an issue.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    For those having skipping / popping issues: have you tried cleaning the LP? I know that when I have issues with new LP's and clean them they most often play fine. Just curious.
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    mikerl wrote:

your 10c email has a tracking number.. just go to "ups shipping innovations" and track it.

Not like that really matters. My tracking info says estimated delivery of today the 21st. But the last info it has is October 15 in Auburn WA. so I texted my mailman (who is the rhythm guitarist in our band) and he said no packages for me today.

Btw. I clarified that about my mailman because its kind of weird to just have your mailmans phone number. I'm not weird.
    Pit 10/11/13
    Philly 10/22/13
  • Options
    Chuckhaint wrote:
    mikerl wrote:

Not like that really matters. My tracking info says estimated delivery of today the 21st. But the last info it has is October 15 in Auburn WA. so I texted my mailman (who is the rhythm guitarist in our band) and he said no packages for me today.

Btw. I clarified that about my mailman because its kind of weird to just have your mailmans phone number. I'm not weird.

HAHA!

mine is the same as yours.. projected date of today.. has not moved from WA
  • Options
    just sent an email to the 10C asking about mine.. which has not had its tracking updated in a week. i got an automated response back, saying that they will respond to my email in the order in which is was received... i think i have only email the 10c once before, and don't remember such an automated message.. i assume they are bombarded with these emails right now

:corn:
  • Options
    I picked one up at Cheap-O Records in St Paul, MN this weekend. They had 10 or so on hand.

I really debated when I saw it. I knew about the issues people were having and the price of the Record wasn't in line with the name of the store. $40. Something wouldn't let me walk away without one though. I figured if it was really bad, then I had one on order from 10C to replace it and if it was good, then I have one on order to stash away. Win/win.

Side A has some of the pops I'd heard about. No hissing or bass issues. There was one slight jump during Getaway. Nothing too dramatic. Side B had a few minor pops.

I'm not upset over it. If I want perfect, I'll listen to the CD. That's what it's there for. I buy vinyl because it's got great character. Many of the pops on Side A correspond with the Lightning Bolt label on the record. For a time, the pops come when the tip of the bolt passes the needle. It's almost as if there's actually a charge in the vinyl that's trying to escape. It's actually pretty cool.
  • Options
    SP96445SP96445 Posts: 214
    Damn, I didn't get any postcards.

I didn't get a postcard either but I did get a digital download coupon. Did everyone get a free download?
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Mercury wrote:
    I've posted a lot about this. Got mine locally, sleeve and jacket are as mint as anything I've bought, and I buy a lot of records. Records LOOKS fine, pops and SKIPS on Getaway, pops and skips throughout, major skips on Pendulum, which I posted a video of on Instagram @negavinyl In my opinion not a playable copy. No satisfaction through my local store, who I will no longer buy from. Going to pick up another copy at another local store who will return it if it's defective, cause I'm an idiot and love this band and vinyl.

For those of you in the Columbus, OH area, buy your records at Spoonful, not Magnolia Thunderpussy. They have the worst customer service known to man and will fuck you over in a situation like this. A new release should be joy for fans, especially at a $35 price point. First world pains for sure, but still unacceptable.

My girlfriend used to work at Magnolia Thunderpussy. She hated everything about it, from top down. Whenever she is back in Columbus and drives by the shop, or hears someone mention it, she just says "FUCK that place." Lost Weekend Records, Used Kids, or Spoonful are the only places one should ever consider buying a record in the city.

I drive to Athens for Haffa's records. If I can not afford the drive they will ship it to me for about 2.50 and it get's to my house the next day.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    nigel1214 wrote:
    I picked one up at Cheap-O Records in St Paul, MN this weekend. They had 10 or so on hand.

I really debated when I saw it. I knew about the issues people were having and the price of the Record wasn't in line with the name of the store. $40. Something wouldn't let me walk away without one though. I figured if it was really bad, then I had one on order from 10C to replace it and if it was good, then I have one on order to stash away. Win/win.

Side A has some of the pops I'd heard about. No hissing or bass issues. There was one slight jump during Getaway. Nothing too dramatic. Side B had a few minor pops.

I'm not upset over it. If I want perfect, I'll listen to the CD. That's what it's there for. I buy vinyl because it's got great character. Many of the pops on Side A correspond with the Lightning Bolt label on the record. For a time, the pops come when the tip of the bolt passes the needle. It's almost as if there's actually a charge in the vinyl that's trying to escape. It's actually pretty cool.

:fp:

A well pressed, clean vinyl should play through every bit a clearly as a cd.

I can deal with them, but clicks and pops is the last reason that I got into collecting vinyl
  • Options
    DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    Wonder if ten club is ever gonna say anything about the widespread issues or take them all on one at a time

They won't it's the 10c standard to not say anything.
    My butt itches!
  • Options
    JS38594JS38594 Posts: 24
    It just looks like they were going a bit too fast. Mistakes happen when you rush.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4319gEKg9Os
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    EarlWelsh wrote:
    rival. wrote:

Considering 10c hasn't yet addressed the problem, you should open it. If it's defective, I'd think they'll have to replace it...sealed or open.
    Yeah, I don't think it makes a difference... the only way we will know if it's defective is if we open and play it... I doubt 10C wants people sending back unopened albums - no need to replace something that doesn't have a defect.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    JS38594 wrote:
    It just looks like they were going a bit too fast. Mistakes happen when you rush.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4319gEKg9Os

:lol: you win the internet today, good sir.
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    DURP wrote:
    Wonder if ten club is ever gonna say anything about the widespread issues or take them all on one at a time

They won't it's the 10c standard to not say anything.
    Understand why they haven't said anything yet liability, dealing with company they had make them and getting better understanding of magnitude. 10c has always taken care of us so be patient.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    PSUS2H wrote:
    For those having skipping / popping issues: have you tried cleaning the LP? I know that when I have issues with new LP's and clean them they most often play fine. Just curious.
    Advise on how to clean using readily available household products?
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    mikerl wrote:

Thanks for the info-getting ready to leave for Philly-will track it sometime tomorrow. Here's hoping it shows up tomorrow! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    callen wrote:
    PSUS2H wrote:
    Advise on how to clean using readily available household products?
    I wouldn't use random household products... You need vinyl cleaning fluid. You should be able to buy it at any record store or order on Amazon. It's not expensive...
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    nigel1214 wrote:

I can deal with them, but clicks and pops is the last reason that I got into collecting vinyl

You know what, you're right.
    I'm about to lay the smack down on my inner-optimist!
    What was he thinking?!
    ;)
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    nigel1214 wrote:

Yup, and if there is every one click or pop on my LB vinyl I'm sending it back.
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    got mine today! the packaging is perfect but there are only pops on sirens. everything else is fine.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    courtmcc wrote:
    got mine today! the packaging is perfect but there are only pops on sirens. everything else is fine.
    That really doesn't seem acceptable though .... a whole song is ruined. Are you sending it back? I'm kind of that hoping everyone who has any flaws does... whoever fucked up needs to pay for it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    nigel1214 wrote:

Yeah, same here. When it arrives I'll run it through my Spin Clean before playing it. If there is anything wrong with it after a Spin Clean treatment, nothing will fix it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Yeah, same here. When it arrives I'll run it through my Spin Clean before playing it. If there is anything wrong with it after a Spin Clean treatment, nothing will fix it.
    I am asking for a Spin Clean from my dad for Xmas! :D
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    courtmcc wrote:
    That really doesn't seem acceptable though .... a whole song is ruined. Are you sending it back? I'm kind of that hoping everyone who has any flaws does... whoever fucked up needs to pay for it.

tbh, it doesn't bother me. i'm not a big fan of sirens. when 10c says something about returning it.. maybe i will. i'm only gonna listen to it this once and let it sit with all my other records. i'd understand if the whole fucking record was cracking and popping but one fucking pop isn't going to bother me. i'm not fucking picky.