Options

OFFICIAL LB Vinyl Condition Thread

Comments

• Options
    MercuryMercury Posts: 382
    I wish people would post some deadwax info. I wonder if there is any differentiation in the pressings? Good or bad.... How many plates were made, where was this pressed?!

United Pressing is who did the press.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited October 2013
    alright i decided to say f*** it and open up the vinyl, announcement or no announcement from Tim.

10 Club version.
    Sleeve/Jacket = perfect. Booklet is great. Sticker sheets are great. Infallible postcard included as well which is nice since it's my favorite tune.

the record itself= surprisingly not bad at all. Shiny, no smudges or scratches. Mine was clean but i still brushed it before playing it.

I'm using an audiophile level turntable through a phono-input receiver that cost me a fortune 10 years ago and some high output Polk-Audio 3 foot towers. Side A is as good as could be expected. No issues at all. Now onto Side B. Pendulum never skipped but i did hear a pop at some point. Future Days also had 2 pops and static during the piano outro. So for me Pendulum and Future Days both had issues. No static or pops between songs.

Some of the complaints im reading are shocking. I'm guessing this isnt the same plant that pressed Vault 3.
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Just got mine. Tracking said it was supposed to be in on Monday. Surprise!

10C version.
    Jacket: perfect except for the dent on the spine from shipping. :x
    Sleeve: 1 inch hole on edge from record.
    Media: Black vinyl. Only played Pendulum and Getaway so far. For the most part the record sounds good despite smudges. On Pendulum, it sounds like Eddie's vocals were recorded too hot. I occasionally get distortion in the vocals. No big pops or hissing though. I'll probably wait to see if there is a repressing and get that version as well.

I do have to give praise to the packaging of this album. I really love the velvety texture of the cover and the quality of the paper stock. The stickers were a nice touch. Also got a Yellow Moon postcard.
  • Options
    Just got mine in the mail today.

10Club version.

Everything's in perfect condition. Dusted the vinyl before playing it, and it sounds great.

Wasn't expecting the stickers! I wouldn't peal off them off if you paid me, but it's still a very nice touch.

The packaging in general is very nice. The cover especially is cool as it has this nice hand-painted look to it.
  • Options
    Damn, I didn't get any postcards.
    "I'd like to thank all you mother fuckers. All you mother fuckers..." EV-10/03/05
  • Options
    RD101189RD101189 A distant time, a distant space Posts: 454
    Still haven't received either of my two copies that show shipped last week. Usually doesn't take long Seattle to Phoenix. Kind of ticked I opened my local indy record store copy if my 10C ones come in damaged as I wanted those sealed in mint condition.
    09/08/1992 - Phoenix, AZ
    07/08/1998 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/21/2000 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/19/2013 - Phoenix, AZ
    10/22/2014 - Denver, CO
    05/09/2022 - Phoenix, AZ
    09/22/2022 - Denver, CO
  • Options
    bellosjambellosjam Posts: 288
    Arrived in San Diego today. Sirens is unplayable as there is a chunk of vinyl stuck to the top of the record. Hard to explain, wish I knew how to post a pic. The rest plays fine but super soft, I have the volume maxed out but still can barely get enough sound to fill the room. My 1978 Van Halen first pressing sounds 10 times better than LB. How the fuck is vinyl pressing technology going backwards?!?!
  • Options
    guitar59guitar59 Posts: 1,221
    guypjfreak wrote:
    cp3iverson wrote:
    mine came in today from the 10CLUB but i haven't opened it yet.

I WISH I KNEW IF THERE WAS A RETURN POLICY OR A REPLACEMENT POLICY!!!!!! at the very least give the people who bought this a big discount on the repress.
    dont believe there should be a discount its there f..k up and its not a small one .i think any one that has brought one from 10club should either have total refund or reissue sent to the free of charge .if you have brought from a shop youll get your money back because they certainly will .

Found one at a local shop yesterday. She won't take it back if it is opened, even if it doesn't play well. She told me that she isn't refunded her cost if the record is bad. I asked, "What if all records are bad?" She didn't think they would be. In a large pressing they wouldn't be pressed all in one day, she kind of eluded to the fact that maybe only the records pressed on Monday could be bad, but the others fine. She will return it unopened. I don't kmow what to do...listen and be stuck with a messed record or return it now unopened and hope the one from 10C is fine. I guess if I get 2 good copies I can always sell one (for what I paid, of course) to someone who wants an album that is listened to once and is fine.
  • Options
    SS9981SS9981 Posts: 1,729
    Just listened to record. Not bad! It has some element's that remind me of S/T. Not as strong as a Yield, but almost better than S/T. Really like hearing the song's live, but with the crowd & sound element's in a venue, you don't alway's get all the meaning in a song until you sit in a very quiet house(for now) & spin that record & really get taken by it. I was happily surprised. Am listening to it again right now. No issues with the vinyl, played great, no skips or foreign matter on my copy. I only opened it with a razor knife enough to get inner sleeve out. So there might be extra's if I open it all the way?
    Scott A. Setser
  • Options
    jlaustinjlaustin Ann Arbor, MI Posts: 2,355
    Mine arrived yesterday, but I was afraid to open it. Took the plunge today.

10c edition

Jacket is in pristine condition, love the velvet feel and hand painted look. Love the stickers, booklet, and Infallible post card. :D

Sleeve has one to two inch tear at the bottom, "cut" by the vinyl. :(

Vinyl is black and looks good, except a tiny piece of vinyl sticking out from the very edge (culprit of the sleeve tear?). No smudges or apparent scratches. Labels are centered and in great condition. Unfortunately, I can't play it as our turntable is out of commission at the moment. Hope to play it tomorrow - maybe.

Overall, it is beautifully packaged, hope it sounds as good as it looks.
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    10367895285_866e8b2788_n.jpg
    I got two B side labels with it pressed into the grooves. The paper covers all of future days. The rest of the wax is good as well as the jacket and sleeve. Tried to call 10C today, no answer. Figured they didn't answer any calls with all this mess.
    ~JzP
  • Options
    PH20PH20 Posts: 466
    I just received this via PM...

Purchased at Ten Club

Jacket/Sleeve condition: Perfectly fine.

Vinyl condition: At least four large globs of label glue on the surface of Side A. Pops and clicks in places on Side A & Side B. My copy is playable, but I will expect a replacement.
    2006 - Marcus Ampitheater, Milwaukee
    2011 - Alpine Valley Ampitheater, East Troy
    2013 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2014 - Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul
    2014 - Bradley Center, Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley Field, Chicago
    2018 - Wrigley Field, Chicago 
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    Wonder if ten club is ever gonna say anything about the widespread issues or take them all on one at a time
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    They really should address this ASAP
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    JzP wrote:
    I got two B side labels with it pressed into the grooves. The paper covers all of future days. The rest of the wax is good as well as the jacket and sleeve. Tried to call 10C today, no answer. Figured they didn't answer any calls with all this mess.
    Wow that's just absolutely ridiculous. :fp:
    What kind of sweatshop were these pressed at?
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    JzP wrote:

That's an insult to the quality that a lot of sweatshops put out.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    JzP wrote:

That's an insult to the quality that a lot of sweatshops put out.
    Very true! :lol::lol::lol:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I'm pretty sure that all retailers including online ones are obliged by law to refund you fully if an item is faulty or damaged. I've had loads of records faulty when opened. Ive always got a refund and will email every other day until they replace the item. If you get good customer service it goes a long way and it means you will go back and spend there. If you don't get a replacement or a refund then the company shouldnt be worth your custom but thats easy to say when the company in question offers exclusive collectors stuff. For an Indie store to say no refunds is despicable, they complain about losing custom to Amazon etc. but I can't fault their customer service.
  • Options
    I bought 2 copies at Volcom on release day at the pop up store. Both have pops and clicks and skips during side b on both. Contacted 10C Friday and also thru Facebook (santos) . Haven't heard anything back yet. I'm sure they are really busy with this mess and the tour going on. Hopefully we all hear something soon. They were selling the vinyl
    Last night in Brooklyn at the show. I didn't want to take another chance and be out another 35 bucks. Already spent over 60 on the 2 duds I got from Volcom. I hope they re-press this ASAP

P.S - just looked at receipt from volcom says no cash refunds only store credit. And of course I paid with cash. :(
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,040
    JzP wrote:

WOW! :nono: :fp: :shock:
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    weebleweeble Bristol, England Posts: 133
    Reading this thread, I can't believe how messed up this all is!

Has anyone from the UK received a copy? I purchased the 10C vinyl and CD, but like the Christmas singles, the UK seems to be way down on the despatch list! I bet I don't receive mine until December!

But I'll be totally gutted if after the wait it comes back like some of these coasters!!! :o
    This might pass, this might last, this may grow
  • Options
    GoatboyGoatboy Posts: 509
    10C will be sending out a ton of replacements on these, or refunding everyone they have no choice
  • Options
    @PJ_Soul

Why don't you just open the second one?!? If it is a good copy, then keep it as your one to listen to, and return the damaged one and keep the replacement sealed. If the 2nd one is damaged as well, you still get 2 replacements.

Seems easy enough to me.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    10C should look up how Coca-Cola was able to recover after the "New Coke" debacle.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    mikemustrd wrote:
    @PJ_Soul

Why don't you just open the second one?!? If it is a good copy, then keep it as your one to listen to, and return the damaged one and keep the replacement sealed. If the 2nd one is damaged as well, you still get 2 replacements.

Seems easy enough to me.
    Already decoded to open both... And i'llmopen the replacement too. I don't think anyone in their right mind would ever buy or trade for this particular album sealed or even unplayed no matter when it was bought, given the circumstances. I know i wouldn't.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Place purchased- 10club

Jacket/sleeve condition- Perfect

Vinyl condition (play grade preferably)- Getaway is warped, no noticeable scratches anywhere. I thought it was just the way it was supposed to sound because I was messing with the tuning to see if I could fix it and nope. Nearly invisible bass line on all the songs which makes me kinda sad. Pendulum is just wow. messed up. There's some bumps threw out the whole album.
    Concerts I've been to:
    Chris Cornell- Balboa; Theatre, San Deigo CA. December 17, 2011
    Stone Temple Pilots; Pearl Concert Theater, September 24, 2012
    Soundgarden; The Wiltern, LA. Feburary 17, 2013
    Mudhoney: The Echo, LA April 14, 2013
    Pearl Jam: LA, CA Sat 23 November, 2013
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,001
    What's the official word?

I still don't have mine delivered yet in AUS. Is 10C replacing all?
  • Options
    Release EV wrote:
    What's the official word?

big fat nothin'
    Terrible bonus digital content for fan club members? That's a paddlin'
  • Options
    shanerockshanerock Thornville, Ohio Posts: 5
    Place purchased: Ten Club

Jacket/sleeve condition: I have not received mine yet

Vinyl condition (play grade preferrably): No idea, I haven't received it yet
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    TX. 10/18/13. Received pristine album cover, sleeve, liner notes, stickers, postcards. Shipping materials were in tact and undamaged. Vinyl looks to be perfect except a small (large pinhead) sized bit of vinyl stuck to the outside edge, edges are very rough. Will play today to check sound quality. Hopefully I'm one of the lucky ones.
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV