Options

OFFICIAL LB Vinyl Condition Thread

Comments

• Options
    EarlWelshEarlWelsh Buffalo, NY Posts: 1,103
    courtmcc wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    courtmcc wrote:
    got mine today! the packaging is perfect but there are only pops on sirens. everything else is fine.
    That really doesn't seem acceptable though .... a whole song is ruined. Are you sending it back? I'm kind of that hoping everyone who has any flaws does... whoever fucked up needs to pay for it.

tbh, it doesn't bother me. i'm not a big fan of sirens. when 10c says something about returning it.. maybe i will. i'm only gonna listen to it this once and let it sit with all my other records. i'd understand if the whole fucking record was cracking and popping but one fucking pop isn't going to bother me. i'm not fucking picky.
  • Options
    courtmcc wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    courtmcc wrote:
    got mine today! the packaging is perfect but there are only pops on sirens. everything else is fine.
    That really doesn't seem acceptable though .... a whole song is ruined. Are you sending it back? I'm kind of that hoping everyone who has any flaws does... whoever fucked up needs to pay for it.

tbh, it doesn't bother me. i'm not a big fan of sirens. when 10c says something about returning it.. maybe i will. i'm only gonna listen to it this once and let it sit with all my other records. i'd understand if the whole fucking record was cracking and popping but one fucking pop isn't going to bother me. i'm not fucking picky.

What other great records do you have just sitting there? I'd love to take some off of your hands, if possible, and, you know...play them.
  • Options
    courtmcccourtmcc South Jersey Posts: 1,143
    I don't play them because my record player isn't that great. Once I get a nice one, I will be playing them. I'm trying to keep them in good condition so my kids can have them.
  • Options
    courtmcc wrote:
    I don't play them because my record player isn't that great. Once I get a nice one, I will be playing them. I'm trying to keep them in good condition so my kids can have them.

Ahh okay, got ya. And I totally understand...don't have the greatest player and would love for my daughter to take interest in my collection someday but for now I can't help but listen to them.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited October 2013
    courtmcc wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    courtmcc wrote:

Fair enough. I believe it has already been determined that I am indeed picky about these things. :D
    BTW, it says on Amazon that the record is being "released" on Nov. 5th and it is now available for pre-order. :fp:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    yeah, the record player kind of turns me off but it plays cassettes, iphone, cds and radio so it comes in good use for those things. just the speaker system for the records sucks dick. i am selling a wayne's world record, sealed if you're interested.
  • Options
    Tiz10Tiz10 South Florida Posts: 270
    Decided to go ahead and check the shipping status of my 10C vinyl:

I live in SW Florida, and estimated delivery date was for Monday Oct 21st.

my album has been to: Auburn, WA->Atlanta, GA->GREENSBORO, NC->MEMPHIS, TN (where it currently is still)

I ordered this for a friend at work who has a nice record player and bose system to go with it, It is not meant to be a collectors item for this guy, he loves listening to vinyl as most on here do. I havent told him about the defects yet as I have not recieved it to check/verify the damage. I may have to buy this from him if he is not pleased with the condition/playability of it. Geez :fp:
    August 17th 1998 Indianapolis, IN
    August 18th 2000 Indianapolis, IN
    June 22nd 2003 Indianapolis, IN
    June 11th 2008 West Palm Beach, FL
    June 12th 2008 Tampa, FL
    October 15th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 16th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 3rd 2014 St.Louis, MO
    April 8th 2016 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    April 9th 2016 Miami, FL
    April 11th 2016 Tampa, FL
    August 5th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 1)
    August 7th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 2)
    April 7th 2017 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
  • Options
    courtmcc wrote:
    yeah, the record player kind of turns me off but it plays cassettes, iphone, cds and radio so it comes in good use for those things. just the speaker system for the records sucks dick. i am selling a wayne's world record, sealed if you're interested.

Haha, the soundtrack, I take it? That's tempting but I'll have to pass...buying too much lately.
  • Options
    yup, soundtrack. it's pretty wicked. same, i've been buying way too much. saving for merch too since i'm seeing pj tomorrow.
  • Options
    So I received my copy, regular copy, my 10c didn't come today, hoping for tomorrow but I am happy to report it was clean with no scratches smudges etc, Seem pretty lucky for sure, a little crackling during Pendulum, that is it.
  • Options
    courtmcc wrote:
    yup, soundtrack. it's pretty wicked. same, i've been buying way too much. saving for merch too since i'm seeing pj tomorrow.

Have fun! I had my weekend of shows with Pitt/Buff. Been feeling the post-show blues and setlist envy pretty hard since then.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    little bit of popping... Infallible is super distorted at the end. I haven't listened to the last couple songs. Anyone hear from tenclub?
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Received my pre-ordered 10c copy of Lightning Bolt today. Cover (front & back) and sleeve look perfect. No noticeable scratches, smudges, or marks on the slab of wax that I can see, however, Getaway has a pretty big pop on it at some point. Love that song, and besides the fact everything else sounds great, I'm anal and will gladly return it for a new one once 10c is ready to chat about it.
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    I've asked before to no response...

We're there ANY issues like this with backspacer? Avocado?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    smanchac1 wrote:
    I've asked before to no response...

We're there ANY issues like this with backspacer? Avocado?

i think this is a first.

i do remember many people complaining about how the benny halls were shipped. many 10c members received theirs with the corners dinged and banged up. very common to see this amongst those vinyls from what i understand.

but as far as the recording being virtually unplayable? this is definitely a first.
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    backspacer is not the greatest quality record, but that was more of an issue with the transfer and not the pressing of the vinyl.

avocado was released on vinyl months after the album came out, they took their time with that one and it sounded good.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    smanchac1smanchac1 Posts: 2,256
    choop wrote:
    backspacer is not the greatest quality record, but that was more of an issue with the transfer and not the pressing of the vinyl.

avocado was released on vinyl months after the album came out, they took their time with that one and it sounded good.

Thanks for the 2 replies.

Last question. You mention avocado was released later.. It was mixed for vinyl, right? Same with all the early albums? It's my understanding only backspacer and Lb were not mixed for vinyl, but rather had the same music as the cd pressing with no changes... Is this also correct?
  • Options
    mikerlmikerl Posts: 580
    I'm not sure if the vinyl was different than the cd, but I highly doubt it was mixed differently.... However a different master is very common
    Hartford 1996, Hartford 1998, Mansfield 1 1998, Mansfield 1 2000, Mansfield 2 2000, Albany 2003, MSG 2 2003, Mansfield 3 2003, Boston 2 2004, Albany 2006, Boston 2 2006, Mansfield 2 2008, Boston 2010, Worcester 1 2013, Worcester 2 2013
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    no i'm pretty sure avocado wasn't mastered for vinyl, i'm not sure the delay except they just didn't want to rush it maybe. it sounds better than backspacer though, to me anyway. both of those albums are my least favorite, so I haven't listened to either in years.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
  • Options
    Driftin'AlongDriftin'Along Posts: 1,403
    edited October 2013
    Preordered Day 1 from 10C. My wife just called me at work and said my record arrived. Today was the expected arrival date on the tracking site so I guess it didn't take too scenic of a route. She reported to me that there was a minor scuff mark on the outer cover and the plastic was peeling off on one corner but nothing bad yet. I told her to leave it to me to open when I get home so I will update the status of the vinyl itself when I inspect it/listen to it. Maybe I ended being one of the "lucky" ones with chip crumbs and oily finger prints.
    Post edited by Driftin'Along on
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    77777777 Idaho Posts: 155
    Pre-ordered 7/11 from 10c.
    Edges look like they have been cut into.
    The sticker in the center has tears in it. Hopefully not cracks.
    Plays well.
    Someone said it seemed quiet, I know what they meant.
    The finish towards the center seems smeared, almost unfinished.
  • Options
    77777777 Idaho Posts: 155
    Almost forgot, the cover and the vinyl looks like Powder got to it befor I did.
  • Options
    gumby812gumby812 ABQ Posts: 53
    Just got mine, and pendlum does skip, and sounds terrible....
  • Options
    choop wrote:
    no i'm pretty sure avocado wasn't mastered for vinyl, i'm not sure the delay except they just didn't want to rush it maybe. it sounds better than backspacer though, to me anyway. both of those albums are my least favorite, so I haven't listened to either in years.
    I just bought Avocado a few weeks ago, and it sounds excellent. 100 times better than Backspacer.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    7777 wrote:
    Almost forgot, the cover and the vinyl looks like Powder got to it befor I did.
    Powder? .... The albino guy who channels radio waves and electricity or whatever?? :lol::lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    choop wrote:
    I just bought Avocado a few weeks ago, and it sounds excellent. 100 times better than Backspacer.

What did you drop on Avocado if I may ask...
    "Not only do you have sunshine but you have better thunder...fuckers." -Ed, Phx 10/21/00
    PJ * 10/21/00 - Phx * 6/7/03 - Phx * 6/29/06 - Milwaukee * 6/30/06 - Milwaukee * 11/19/13 - Phx *
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    choop wrote:

What did you drop on Avocado if I may ask...
    $300 (sealed). :oops: But then take off $50 because the seller packed it badly and the jacket got badly damaged during shipping, so I insisted on a partial refund. But $300 was the price when it was still perfect and sealed.
  • Options
    [/quote]
    I just bought Avocado a few weeks ago, and it sounds excellent. 100 times better than Backspacer.[/quote]

What did you drop on Avocado if I may ask...[/quote]
    $300 (sealed). :oops: ..... But I love it. :D[/quote]

Shiza. $50 off is always good though.
    EV * 11/4/12 - Phx, AZ *
  • Options
    I just bought Avocado a few weeks ago, and it sounds excellent. 100 times better than Backspacer.[/quote]

What did you drop on Avocado if I may ask...[/quote]
    $300 (sealed). :oops: ..... But I love it. :D[/quote]

Shiza. $50 off is always good though.[/quote]

I just managed to buy a sealed Avocado today for $180.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Sealed?? Figures. That always happens to me. When I buy anything, I see it way cheaper shortly after, but never once before I bought it. :( And honestly, that damage to mine really bothers me a lot every time I pull it out. It's mangled ... If i see it sealed at $180, I just might buy it again.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on