Options

NEW PEARL JAM ALBUM “LIGHTNING BOLT” AVAILABLE OCTOBER 15

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    Get_Right wrote:
    I am not thrilled that I don't have it, but no biggie, I downloaded the digital file and burned a CD for the ride home.
    Sure Id love to hold the package, but its cool. I have the music.
    I totally don't care about waiting for the record - I'm a grown up, and have the digital version. I care about spending money on shipping because they wouldn't tell us what the bonus material was. I mean, that video is already all over the internet. I just feel like I was duped, kind of. If they're going to pull us in with promises of exclusive material, make it material that someone gives a shit about. The whole world can already watch that video for free.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I totally don't care about waiting for the record - I'm a grown up, and have the digital version. I care about spending money on shipping because they wouldn't tell us what the bonus material was. I mean, that video is already all over the internet. I just feel like I was duped, kind of. If they're going to pull us in with promises of exclusive material, make it material that someone gives a shit about. The whole world can already watch that video for free.

Couldn't agree more. What a letdown with the 'exclusive content.' Frickin joke.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Whatever, its $8 bucks and I guess I have gotten used to the pre-release hyperbole and don't expect anything more than a cd.

I support the 10c an prefer to buy direct rather than from a mass market big box. I am not going to fret over $10.
  • Options
    jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Pre-ordered the "10C" CD weeks ago, expecting it to be here today. You know, the day I could just walk into the store and buy it.

Alas, no. It did not arrive, and I'm pissed off.
    It is pretty ridiculous.... if the "exclusive material" that came with the 10C order was awesome, like a new song or something, then I wouldn't mind.... But now that I realize that the "exclusive material" is simply a Sirens-esque MYM video, I'm kind of pissed that I paid for 10C shipping when I could have both saved my money and had the vinyl today (it's the extra money that bugs me, not so much having to wait for the record - I can listen digitally until then).... The only thing that will make me feel like this is cool is if there are some stickers or something with the vinyl... or it's red... or signed. :P

There are stickers inside the vinyl packaging from Volcom. Surprised I don't see mention of this yet.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    I am not thrilled that I don't have it, but no biggie, I downloaded the digital file and burned a CD for the ride home.
    Sure Id love to hold the package, but its cool. I have the music.

Totally agree! I have waited 90+ days to listen to this album and now that day has finally come im more than happy to be able to hear it in no matter what format patience really is a virtue :D
    T Chappell
  • Options
    My Amazon account says it was delivered here today, but it's not here! :shock: :fp:
    Now where or where could it be?? :(
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    bruusbruus Posts: 3
    If you want to transfer from PC to IOS devices, you might want to try Copy Trans Manager.
    It may be a bit klonky but it lets you transfer music (also ALAC up to 24/96) without dealing with iTunes.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,537
    jamburger wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Pre-ordered the "10C" CD weeks ago, expecting it to be here today. You know, the day I could just walk into the store and buy it.

It is pretty ridiculous.... if the "exclusive material" that came with the 10C order was awesome, like a new song or something, then I wouldn't mind.... But now that I realize that the "exclusive material" is simply a Sirens-esque MYM video, I'm kind of pissed that I paid for 10C shipping when I could have both saved my money and had the vinyl today (it's the extra money that bugs me, not so much having to wait for the record - I can listen digitally until then).... The only thing that will make me feel like this is cool is if there are some stickers or something with the vinyl... or it's red... or signed. :P

There are stickers inside the vinyl packaging from Volcom. Surprised I don't see mention of this yet.
    If there are stickers or anything else tangible that are exclusive to the 10C orders, then that changes everything.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    PJ_Soul wrote:

THIS.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 242
    Has anybody been able to import ANY of the formats into iTunes??? If so what's your secret? Should I just have bought the album in iTunes in the first place? - I hate iTunes, never works right on the pc.

I downloaded the mp3 to my computer the went to the downloads and extracted all files and saved them in my music folder. In I tunes i then went to add to library and browsed via my music folder and added the songs

Hope that helps.
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    Anyone got vinyl yet?

Im loving the new album. Favorite tracks so far is My Father's Son. Eddie is kinda pissed again and it rules!!!
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    I'm still taking in what this album has to offer... It's really not what I was expecting having only heard Sirens and MYM and I'm blown away by it. It's an incredibly accomplished release.
    Yellow Moon is epic and I can't wait to hear that live in person.
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    bruus wrote:
    Just bought the digital download of Lightning Bolt.
    Please excuse my French, but HTF can you call 16bit@44.1kHz 'high resolution WAV file'?
    That's just crappy CD quality - NOT Hi-Res :evil:
    Since Ten, Vitalogy and Vs. has been released as 24bit@96kHz (Ten only 24@88), I really had expected (or at least hoped), that this brand new album would be available in this nice format as well - especially since it has a dedication to Uncle Neil!
    If I was a nasty person, I would suspect that you want us to by the album once again when it (shortly, hopefully) is released in real Hi-Res.
    There are words for strategies like that - none of them very nice, I'm afraid :nono:
    I might be dumb, but where can you get the first three albums in hi-res?
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    bazzer wrote:
    bruus wrote:
    Please excuse my French, but HTF can you call 16bit@44.1kHz 'high resolution WAV file'?
    Since Ten, Vitalogy and Vs. has been released as 24bit@96kHz (Ten only 24@88), I really had expected (or at least hoped), that this brand new album would be available in this nice format as well - especially since it has a dedication to Uncle Neil!
    If I was a nasty person, I would suspect that you want us to by the album once again when it (shortly, hopefully) is released in real Hi-Res.
    There are words for strategies like that - none of them very nice, I'm afraid :nono:

You can buy them from HDTracks.com here...

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file ... l&id=11236
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    Really bummed I don't have my vinyl and nothing was said to inform me!! Pumped all day only to find out not enough were pressed? Really? :evil:
    7/5/98 , 7/7/98 , 4/5/03 , 7/8/03 , 10/4/09 , 11/15/13 , 10/5/14 , 10/22/14 , 8/25/16
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,088
    cifrancgx wrote:
    bazzer wrote:
    bruus wrote:

You can buy them from HDTracks.com here...

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file ... l&id=11236
    Are they worth it?
  • Options
    This album has exceeded all my expectations. Eddie's voice sounds great and the music is as good as ever. Played a few of the songs at the Pittsburgh show, still can't get enough of Infallible after hearing it live, and the guitars in Let the Records Play... :D
    It's evolution baby
  • Options
    dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83
    -Emma- wrote:
    Take note of the brand name on the hat... ;)
    tumblr_mqkl9kUOw51rtpfkmo1_400.jpg

take note of the color and aperture of eddie's eyes.
    lol.
    :D

:lol:
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    Any deliveries down under yet??

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    Nope but got shipping email. 10c merch from US to me in Sydney is scarily quick. I know my Vault III vinyl has arrived cause I got a note from the Post Office.
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    Mango wrote:
    Nope but got shipping email. 10c merch from US to me in Sydney is scarily quick. I know my Vault III vinyl has arrived cause I got a note from the Post Office.

Sweet, good news :D

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
  • Options
    JC8074JC8074 Posts: 127
    Really bummed I don't have my vinyl and nothing was said to inform me!! Pumped all day only to find out not enough were pressed? Really? :evil:

Where did you find this out? Likewise, I haven't received mine. I got an email saying it was shipped on the 11th...
  • Options
    JC8074JC8074 Posts: 127
    JC8074 wrote:

Where did you find this out? Likewise, I haven't received mine. I got an email saying it was shipped on the 11th...

And I preordered in July...isn't that enough notice to press my copy? :)
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 680
    I think this is the most interesting and diverse album they have put out since Binaural. I'm loving every second of it.
    Way to go boys! Now lets get the next one out a tad bit sooner. 4 years is way too long.
  • Options
    I checked tracking for my order and my expected shipping date is 10/21!!! I'm so sad and puzzled. I emailed 10c and Mail Innovations but no reply yet. My husband and I had a date with our turntable and a magnum of red wine. Bummed.
  • Options
    no codeno code Posts: 109
    Damn I love this album!

Follower since day 1, and I must say, they haven't sounded this great in years. Can't wait to see them live again!
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • Options
    ratmandoratmando Moss Beach, CA Posts: 344
    no code wrote:
    Damn I love this album!

Follower since day 1, and I must say, they haven't sounded this great in years. Can't wait to see them live again!

I second this emotion.....
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    If I remember correctly, Backspacer wasn't delivered on release day either.
    After that, how could any of you expect Lightning Bolt to be delivered on time? Or even earlier? :shock:

At least this time around they offered a digital download (for free) available on release date. I guess that's the best they can do.
    If someone needs a Pearl Jam album on release day SO MUCH, that someone should get it at the record store. Period.

... also, it was obvious that the "exclusive digital content" was gonna be all over the internet for free just minutes after it was released.... being it a video or a new song, or whatever.
    It boggles me how could anyone think that by paying premium Ten Club shipping he/she would have had "exclusive" anything.

BTW, not bashing Ten Club here, I ordered from them, still waiting for my LB copy.
    BUT enjoying the album WAW download at least.
    And I will order the next record from Ten Club. I'm that kind of PJ fan boy.
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    This album is not the easiest to understand.

When I listen to it there seems to be something off except for on the song, "Future Days." I tried to figure out what it was, as if something was forced in the making. As the voice is an instrument it sounds like it is in conflict with the rest of the instruments. Very different approach towards the interaction of the voice and the rest of the instruments.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    This album is not the easiest to understand.

When I listen to it there seems to be something off except for on the song, "Future Days." I tried to figure out what it was, as if something was forced in the making. As the voice is an instrument it sounds like it is in conflict with the rest of the instruments. Very different approach towards the interaction of the voice and the rest of the instruments.
    The vocals are very loud in the mix. I think BOB did the same with backspacer.

It will take some time for me to digest this record. As usual.