Options

Pearl Jam will play the BIG DAY OUT

Comments

• Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    if you are lucky,and all goes as usually goes with pj tour..all are healthy,band still together etc..
    your next chance is at 2017!!!

good luck and my opinion is "Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"[/quote]

Perfectly said D :D[/quote]
    thanks..you know,for me,is how see life in general..
    presale today..go grab a tic if you can..gonna see something that NOT ALL have the chance to see, you know
    i understand someone cant afford it,or has health issues for not going..
    but have the money,time vacation,you are ok as comes to family or health and say im not going,i dont like the venue your favo band playing at your country??
    you cant imagine how many Greek fans pm me and say:hey Dimi,any infos if they will come to Greece??
    they cant afford to travel,some of then they even dont have jobs here with how fucked up is out economy..
    and dreaming a show at Greece,.yeah right...never gonna happen..
    so,,live now..tomorrow is another day and you never know how the fuck dawn will find you..[/quote]

Yeah I agree mate - I am happy just to have the ability to see my fav band- We forget that while we whinge about not getting a full tour since 4 years ago (myself included), some countries don't get anything and some people just can't afford to go no matter how much the shows are.

Feeling very excited today to have a ticket to see the greatest band in the world!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    TyTy Posts: 1,007
    PJ - Sydney 1998; Sydney 2003; Sydney, Melbourne, Newcastle 2006; Melbourne, Sydney 2009; Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney 2014.
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney 2011; Sydney 2014.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    No Coder wrote:

Feeling very excited today to have a ticket to see the greatest band in the world!!
    this is really,one of the best feelings ever....
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    No Coder wrote:

:D

Have fun!!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    No Coder wrote:

Have fun!!!!!!!
    now i saw your comment Matt..i feel jealous about you somehow and explain..
    cos you,as musician,knows and understand better how fuckin talented are our boys..
    i wish i could understand their music as a musician like you!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,005
    I am way over festivals but this PJ & will be my 10th show & possibly my last so to see 10 will be perfect. Like many others i always want to see their own shows & possibly indoors as outdoors you just get to many dickheads thinking it is ok to throw a full bottle of beer but with piss in it instead. Sadly there will be your 18-19 year olds who think it is their right of passage to become cool to go to a BDO & just be there to wankers & make it uncomfortable for the ones who are actually there for the music, maybe they can be educated in some decent music instead of the rubbish of today!! We just to accept it & hope it isn't way to hot & that the band don't play at festival set & throw in some rare stuff but i wouldn't hold my breath on that one!!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    The Big Day Out is shit, however, Pearl Jam are going to be there and heaps of us will be there, thanks to the 10c presale. So lets make this Big Day Out f-ing amazing for a change!!! :D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    BDO is well past its glory days and i wish they were playing their own tour but guys and girls get there while you can!! I got a bad feeling they may not come around again.

I missed the entire 2009 aus/nz tour due to my work touring commitments to png and now the dates have been announced i'm going to miss them again for the same reason. Id been planning on following the next tour for as many shows as i could.

Get there and enjoy them while you can!

Im gutted i cant be there...........
    KEEP ON ROCKIN!!
  • Options
    i am thinking us 10c members need to do our own meet up somewhere before each show
  • Options
    i am thinking us 10c members need to do our own meet up somewhere before each show
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=214414

search this thread..im sure Jodie and others will make some meetings
    have fun
  • Options
    LucanLucan Posts: 104
    For the record i am seeing the cosmic psychos next week, and that cost $40, mudhoney in december 2011 cost me $54.

Off topic, but:

Seeing the Psychos next Friday too. If you're going to the Melb show, be sure to get there for the Ooga Boogas. :idea:
  • Options
    SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    I'm almost as excited to see Mudhoney as I am to see Pearl Jam, they haven't played Adelaide in YEARS (they've skipped playing here again and again) and I've never seen 'em.
  • Options
    Spencer wrote:
    I'm almost as excited to see Mudhoney as I am to see Pearl Jam, they haven't played Adelaide in YEARS (they've skipped playing here again and again) and I've never seen 'em.
    i was lucky enough to be living in canada in 2011 when pearl jam toured and mudhoney supported them. they pretty goood good sound alot of energy too
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    mauseum wrote:
    A PJ headline show might be $30 cheaper
    Try $85.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: :roll:
    Yeah, sure! PJ for $100 in this country? It was $130 in 09, it was $90 in 03 you must be dreaming
    mauseum wrote:
    I want to see them more than anything else, having missed out on the 2009 tour and Eddie's solo tour due to illness, but I refuse to pay $185 to see one band at a god awful venue surrounded by drunken idiots.

I can't believe that people use this as an excuse, but if you want to, then so be it. You get idiots at all shows, yes, that includes PJ in an arena. The way of the world. in my 9 previous BDO's i havent been too bothered by drunken idiots.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    Reallllllly sounds like they're making an effort to make this awesome.
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    doompony wrote:
    Reallllllly sounds like they're making an effort to make this awesome.

• Options
    Spencer wrote:
    Ty wrote:
    mauseum wrote:
    I want to see them more than anything else, having missed out on the 2009 tour and Eddie's solo tour due to illness, but I refuse to pay $185 to see one band at a god awful venue surrounded by drunken idiots.

Did you not go to the 2009 stadium tour? It wasn't much different. It was still bloody awesome though!
    Exactly, it's really not that much of a change.

Frankly, I'd much rather see Mudhoney and Blur than Ben Harper, so it's kind of a win-win for me!

Agree. I think seeing Pearl Jam at the Gold Coast Big Day Out is not going to be that much different for me than seeing them at the QSAC in Brisbane in 2009. We sat on the lawn at the side during Ben Harper and Relentless 7's set and ended up getting second from the rail when PJ came on so might get lucky at BDO as well.
  • Options
    Ticket Bought.
    Sydney Monday Show Like a Boss Ticket bought.
    Hopefully few less people about but if fellow ten clubbers around cool as.
    Lineup is not all bad lets just hope people don't wreck it for the fans..
    That's my only reservation but hey can't not See Pearl Jam only reason I listen to music.

Peace out Marky. :D
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    nevermind

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    NucariNucari Posts: 20
    Suck it up guys. If PJ are your favourite band, as they have been for me for more than 20 years, then you should make the effort to see them.

Live in the moment.

Remember they don't tour Australia that often and they are getting older so this could (oh but I hope not) be their last Australian tour. It will also be a new experience for me seeing them in a festival setting.

I saw them first play in 1995 at Eastern Creek and they (and I) have come a long way since then. I was hoping to take my 6 year old girl the next time PJ toured Australia but alas I will have to wait until hopefully PJ will be back here doing their own shows.

Hopefully I'll see a big 10C contingent up front with me in Sydney.
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    I'm still not sure if I should brave going to the BDO or not...but for those of you who have been in recent years, what was your experience with the D-barrier. Was it hard to get into that area? How uncomfortable were you in there?

I found this picture taken by the company who setup the barriers last year...I wonder how difficult it would be to get in the D-barrier during PJ's set?
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/735112_517351001619606_1031325376_n.jpg
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    -Emma- wrote:
    I'm still not sure if I should brave going to the BDO or not...but for those of you who have been in recent years, what was your experience with the D-barrier. Was it hard to get into that area? How uncomfortable were you in there?

I found this picture taken by the company who setup the barriers last year...I wonder how difficult it would be to get in the D-barrier during PJ's set?
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/735112_517351001619606_1031325376_n.jpg

Last time I went was in 2012, at GC.
    It wasn't hard early in the day, before the sun started going down. Later it is hard because you have to come in from the top middle. If it is full you can't get in, security won't let you past. I've never had a problem, but I have never wanted to be as close as I will want to be for PJ.
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    Miss ColadaMiss Colada Posts: 167
    edited August 2013
    -Emma- wrote:

I didn't find last year hard at all but then I have never attempted the rail at a BDO. It got crowded for RHCP but I found everyone very respectful and watching out for each other
    Post edited by Miss Colada on
    1995 • 2006 • 2009 • Adelaide
    2007 • Wembley - London
    2009 • Melbourne
    2010 • Madison Square Garden
  • Options
    Princess BulldozerPrincess Bulldozer Mannheim, Germany Posts: 952
    -Emma- wrote:

I didn't find last year hard at all but then I have never attempted the rail at a BDO

My thoughts are by 4pm you want to be in there looking for a spot and as bands switch stages between sets, hopefully people will move out and you can move in?!?
    Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure - science.
    ~Edwin Powell Hubble

Men love to wonder, and that is the seed of science.
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Options
    http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/new-big-d ... 2-hour-set

"With Pearl Jam on the bill, crowd safety is of paramount concern this year. In a live Q&A with the NZ Herald earlier today, Campbell Smith confirmed that the festival will employ a new “punter-friendly” barrier system in 2014, said to be very different to the D-shaped barrier of previous years."

Hopefully this is for the Australian BDO as well
  • Options
    Thank you for your help :) .

So once you go in the D-barrier, I guess you're just stuck there waiting eh?

It would be pretty annoying to get in there in the early afternoon, and then have to leave to go to the loo or something!
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

• Options
    -Emma- wrote:

It would be pretty annoying to get in there in the early afternoon, and then have to leave to go to the loo or something!

Did you read the article I posted above? It sounds as though they could have a different setup with the barriers in 2014.
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    -Emma- wrote:

Did you read the article I posted above? It sounds as though they could have a different setup with the barriers in 2014.

Sorry, I should have written barrier, not D-barrier...I didn't read the article, just read the quote that you posted.

I wonder what kind of system they'll use instead...

• Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    I hope everyone has a good time and I hope it goes well.

But for my wife (Stardust1976) and I, we will not be going. I guess I can add BDO to the list of things that disappoint me about the 'new' Pearl Jam.

The best analogy to describe how I feel about them now is when a couple gets divorced once the kids are done with high school. Its different now, the feelings you had growing up with your parents and then finding out that they didn't really love each other enough to stay together. It all feels like maybe it wasn't real, it was all an act.

That's how I feel about Pearl Jam these days. They can do what they want, but I don't have to blindly follow, I don't have to think they have my best interest at heart. For whatever reason they appear to be much more interested in making as much money as quickly as possible then they used to.

As I said, I hope it goes well for everyone, but as much as I love(d) Pearl Jam, its not enough for me to go against my own thoughts and feelings of festivals.