I fuckin' feel like talking about YIELD....

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    DURP wrote:
    I love Yield

I remember being stationed at Fort Polk LA and seeing the commercials for the album coming out during WWF Monday Night Raw. I drove from Ft Polk to Alexandria which is about 45 min to buy Yield. Defiantly in my top five of PJ albums.
    Remember the commercial they aired of the car speeding across the desert highway with "GTF" playing in the background?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    DURP wrote:
    I love Yield

I remember being stationed at Fort Polk LA and seeing the commercials for the album coming out during WWF Monday Night Raw. I drove from Ft Polk to Alexandria which is about 45 min to buy Yield. Defiantly in my top five of PJ albums.
    Remember the commercial they aired of the car speeding across the desert highway with "GTF" playing in the background?

I had no idea that a new pearl Jam album was coming out....and I was up late watching tv and I saw that commercial. It was amazing, couldn't wait to get the new album. That commercial was gorgeous.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
    fanch75 wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    I love Yield

I had no idea that a new pearl Jam album was coming out....and I was up late watching tv and I saw that commercial. It was amazing, couldn't wait to get the new album. That commercial was gorgeous.
    Found it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzjOXidORYg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    On my third listen today. The only thing I've listened to today. I wish I experienced the midnight release for this album and the tour. A great time in the band's history. I really wish they spent more time talking about this on PJ20.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • very nice. Yield was once my fav.... No Code has taken over.... likely to change again though.

Have to hear "In hiding" and / or "Low Light" in Chicago!!! Been luck with No Code at the three shows i've been to... maybe that's why it is my fav.
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    DURP wrote:
    I love Yield

Found it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzjOXidORYg

Brings back memories of watching rassilin'

First time I saw the commercial I look at my then wife and said FUCK YEAH! I was hoping the PX would have the tape but the selection there was weak. They didn't carry Yield but did carry Live on two legs so figure that one out.
    My butt itches!
  • PhillyPJPhillyPJ Posts: 1,266
    YIELD.....that is all
    Pearl%20Jam%20Yield.jpg
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    PhillyPJ wrote:
    Pearl%20Jam%20Yield.jpg

DOOOOD! How you been??
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,249
    Yield, my favorite record, has been a dream for me to complete live. In London I got the last GEM live and what a way to complete this AMAZING record, thanks Eddie for doing it this way for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXhha-M11b0
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Newch91 wrote:
    On my third listen today. The only thing I've listened to today. I wish I experienced the midnight release for this album and the tour. A great time in the band's history. I really wish they spent more time talking about this on PJ20.

We'll always have SVT..
    www.cluthelee.com
  • AdamcadoAdamcado Posts: 74
    Yield is Pearl Jam's best album.
    In a former forum life I was Cropduster84
    Adamcado wrote:
    Yield is Pearl Jam's best album.

That's all that needs to be said.
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    please add my name to the list of people who own a stolen YIELD sign ;)
    There can never be too much talking about Yield.

The same cannot be said about the other albums.
  • For me, 1. Vitalogy 2. Yield.

But it's a damn close race
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Ah - remember the days of the synchronized Yield listens while we talked about the songs? Its been a while.... it is one of their best albums to listen to in the car.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
    For night 1 in Mustache City, I predict a good amount (say, 5 songs) of YIELD.
  • JaneNY wrote:
    Ah - remember the days of the synchronized Yield listens while we talked about the songs? Its been a while.... it is one of their best albums to listen to in the car.

Perhaps it's time for another YIELD night on February 3rd, 2014?
  • letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    Yield.....the masterpiece
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
    YIELD

*This post should be a permanent *sticky* post on the Message Pit!! :D:D:D:D:D
    JaneNY wrote:

As an original member of the YIELD Council....I approve this message
  • PhillyPJ wrote:
    JaneNY wrote:

As an original member of the YIELD Council....I approve this message

It is settled then. You had a great vantage point for YIELD Night- Philly 1. :)

LOWLIGHT, BRAIN OF J, PILATE, WISHLIST, GTF

As Fanch would say- Fuck an a!
    It is settled then. You had a great vantage point for YIELD Night- Philly 1. :)

LOWLIGHT, BRAIN OF J, PILATE, WISHLIST, GTF

As Fanch would say- Fuck an a![/quote]

Correct! And Philly night 2 had UNTITLED/MFC; GTF; DTE
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    JaneNY wrote:

I support this 8-)
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    Yield is a hallowed ground and should always be talked about but I am happy to report that I find many similarities in L-Bolt as I drive around everyday for work and have been playing LB every day since its release and finding similar Yield like feelings emanating from it.
  • My favorite album of all time is Yield. That is the best trilogy ever!
    Due to recent events, this thread has been resurrected.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    fanch75 said:

I consider it the pinnacle of my concert experiences to have been in attendance last night!!! Truly musical paradise!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
    pureoc said:

fanch75 said:

I consider it the pinnacle of my concert experiences to have been in attendance last night!!! Truly musical paradise!
    Right on. For years I have hoped for a gig like this and it finally happened. Sadly I was not there to see it.