*** Wrigley Field Fanviews Here 7/19/13 ***

Comments

• b-jeezisb-jeezis Posts: 7
    :evil: :evil:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    alot to be said about tonight...

but ill stay in 2 things...

1,this is the best band ever...When Eddie said,can you trust me on this,i knew that band,wll play,will find the way to keep us safe,deal with the curfew and makwe it special for all of us..
    from the other hand all those 41k fuckers,..they stay there waiting,cos they believe..
    they believe that this band is sometghing fuckin different...

so much love and respect to the band and the fans today at Wrigley

2,..Thank You Eddie..Thank YOU for Chloe Dancer & Crown Of Thorns

and after..I was at Amsterdam 2,I can say now

I SAW PEARL JAM AT WRIGLEY......

I SAW PEARL JAM IN THE RAIN......
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Discopij wrote:
    Great show! Well done boys ... thanks for making it happen. Nothing like getting home at 3 am when you only live a mile from the venue. Awesome to hear Hold On ... loved the rest of the set ... and I thought section 424 was loud all night! Special thanks to Ray, Kevin, Shawn, Alfredo and Chris, all of whom I met tonight, for the various things you did to make this night special!

Can't wait to follow the fall tour from home ... hope you all get to experience the show you want!!

Was in 424 myself and concur we had a great time too. I'm so completely exhausted emotionally and physically but there's no way I can sleep. I met some friends from the board and that was fun. Met lots of friendly and fun people waiting 5 hours for merch and waiting to enter at the gate and waiting for the train and waiting to pee oh yes and waiting for the rain to stop. I loved every second. Got to share this with my brother who is one of my favorite people on the planet. Most of all saw the best band on the planet and some of my favorite songs. I have a lot of catching up to do and this was an incredible start. Love you pj, I can't say thank you enough for what you've given back to me. See you in Philly. Goodnight all!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    Fun night..... Long day..... They sounded terrific, Matt, stone, Mccready stood out to me as rejuvenated badass mofos.

Happy Ed had a dream come true... Ernie Banks got me all choked up, not even a Cubs fan.... That was special.

It looked hairy for a while, turned out so cool.

Loved the new tracks.
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Nature drunk and High
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    It's really a pity that the rain caused a 2 hour break, but I think the way they handled it was the best way possible.

I was very pleased with the setlist - I had a feeling they would go back and forth between hard core fan rarities and casual fan greatest hits, and they did a pretty decent job of that. There were songs thrown in there that I never would have expected...I FINALLY got to hear Bugs and Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns! So excited.

Ed looked so happy, like a kid on Christmas morning - that was the best part of it for me - his dream come true!

Plus I got to eat Cracker Jacks. :corn:

Here's hoping they'll do it again someday.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

1,this is the best band ever...When Eddie said,can you trust me on this,i knew that band,wll play,will find the way to keep us safe,deal with the curfew and makwe it special for all of us..
    from the other hand all those 41k fuckers,..they stay there waiting,cos they believe..

So second time they opened with Release in the rain together with Verona06 then? :)

And I bet many people waited not because "they believe" but because they paid a lot of money and... want to see Pearl Jam. :) Not something unique that PJ finished their set.

Nice looking setlist and too bad stuff got fucked with the weather. Hold On I bet sounded ace.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Röeghmann wrote:
    I wasn't there But I have to show huge respect to Pearl Jam for pulling it of. RESPECT! And A Big thump up for you people for not leaving. I love beeing A part of this "Pearl Jam family"
    And I must add, that EV's quote from July 11, 1995 Soldier field show was prefect for the 2 day show! 'YOu hang in the trenches long enough, it pays off." Then he leads into "Habit". All hail the lucky ones who went AND hung in the trenches till the end...
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996

This is the post I will remember watching and posting from boston.
    That Dimi.. You do us proud...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Mikegman wrote:
    It was a great show on Earthcam! :D

Definitely agree-I would have LOVED to have been there, but Earthcam was the next best thing! What a show!!! :clap::clap::clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    This is why PJ fans are the best much much credit to all you guys/gals for hanging in there till the end , i'm happy to be part of such a community ..Ps i was not there only in spirit ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,973
    Röeghmann wrote:
    I wasn't there But I have to show huge respect to Pearl Jam for pulling it of. RESPECT! And A Big thump up for you people for not leaving. I love beeing A part of this "Pearl Jam family"

+1
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
    I just want to thank the fan who discovered and posted the
    Earthcam link.

Thank you earthcam guy
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Gremmie03 wrote:
    I just want to thank the fan who discovered and posted the
    Earthcam link.

Thank you earthcam guy

Yes, thank you so much! I had such a great time with everyone-almost like being there! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    mca47 wrote:
    I give the guys a ton of credit..... Pulling off the show after the rain and playing til 2 is amazing. That said, I was very disappointed with the set and the entire weekend. For those of us who stood on line, it was a train wreck. Once they came back after the rain I expected fireworks. I did not get it. The people leaving were deflated.
    I don't know what you're talking about. 30 songs...great fn show!

I and everyone around me had a fn blast!
    Hmmm... yeah, I'm going to have to disagree as well. I'd say people leaving were TIRED for sure. But deflated? No. (and if you include Chloe/Crown and the Wasteds as two separate songs each, we got 32!)

And I'll admit, I was bitching about the show being a fiasco as loudly as anyone while waiting to get back into the pit. I never imagined that we still had 2+ hours of the band at their best in store for us.

I had an amazing time.

PLUS: My next-door neighbors were hemming and hawing about going to the show. HE wanted to dump the tickets (not really a fan of the band) but SHE wasn't going to do that. They had to leave early (around 1:15) because of babysitter issues but they both said the show was fantastic and he is now a fan.

PLUS-PLUS: during the rain delay, I ran into my son's hockey coach (Mike). I had no idea the dude even knew anything about PJ. While talking to him and his brother (Chris), I found out that they grew up near Ed and they still keep in touch with him. They were there as Ed's guests. Ed even asked Chris for some song requests. A couple of them were played.

PLUS-PLUS-PLUS: Julio, thanks for making the pit happen for us. By the end of the show, we were practically right on the rail right in front of Mike.
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    Discopij wrote:
    Great show! Well done boys ... thanks for making it happen. Nothing like getting home at 3 am when you only live a mile from the venue. Awesome to hear Hold On ... loved the rest of the set ... and I thought section 424 was loud all night! Special thanks to Ray, Kevin, Shawn, Alfredo and Chris, all of whom I met tonight, for the various things you did to make this night special!

Can't wait to follow the fall tour from home ... hope you all get to experience the show you want!!

I was up in 424 also, which was great during the rain delay since I could sit down and not have to move to the side.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Good review with a few pics: http://consequenceofsound.net/2013/07/live-review-pearl-jam-at-chicagos-wrigley-field-719/

"And I still gotta believe someone’s doily-crocheting grandmother leaned out her window, heard that opening scream from “Do the Evolution”, and gave the devil horns."
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • YieldInHidingYieldInHiding Posts: 1,839
    Wow....what a show!

The rain delay definitely made things interesting but they still put on a hell of a show. My only complaints are that the show didn't start closer to 730 and they didn't seem to get the show going fast enough once the weather blew past. On the backside of the storm there wasn't much lightning or any at all but I don't blame them for erring on the side of safety.

Highlights for me-

So many YIELD songs! FAITHFULL- first time hearing it in 15 years! Then the outtro to the song where Ed tells us that his brother told him what great people the fans are and how much that meant to him. I got a little emotional there...little dusty in that ballpark I tell ya.

LEATHERMAN- fIrst time hearing that in 15 years as well! Love that song!

Hold On- Love that song! First time I've heard it live.

BUGS- LOL! Awesome.

New songs- Lightning Bolt was different. I need to hear it again but it was good but seemed a bit disjointed. Future Days was beautiful though!

Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns- Ed's speech before the song(s) thanking the guys for taking a chance on him way back when the band got together was also a great moment. You could tell this show meant so much to him and he was emotional, going from a kid in a candy store to almost choking up.

I have a pretty good feeling they will be back in the future. Hopefully they WILL play two next time as Ed mentioned. :)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Awesome job, PJ! Earthcam had me covered for the late night show!!!! ;)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Amazing show, amazing night. As the weather delay stretched on I was so disappointed. Didn't think there was any way they could pull off something so epic. Hate to see so much cut but what we got was incredible. Mike on fire, Eddie sounding great. Of the 30 songs played 10 were ones I had never heard live.

Thank you Pearl Jam for being who and what you are. Just incredible.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ryanjp2323ryanjp2323 Posts: 561
    Epic show. From the antisipation,travel, merch line, heat and humidity,rain delay, great over all set list and 2 am finish.

highlights:

4 hour merch line on Thursday. West side stand had poster, ran out, got some more, ran out again, got some shirts etc.... wait some more then got one of a few "cracker jack" prints. Met some great people!

Beers at sluggers on friday pre show. Wishlist table / volunteers and some more great pj fans.

Getting in Wrigley. Picking up the other poster I wanted but couldn't get the prior day.

Pre show meeting some cool people in the ga pit, chatting with the Wrigley staff.

Sweating the storm / radar approaching with some more cool people.

Show opener and "pre storm" set.

being locked / trapped for a sweltering 1+ under the left field bleachers. Seeing the exit to the field, but not having access. Seriously thought things were going to get ugly.

Got freedom, got back 6 deep or so on mikes side.

Bugs. Cd/cof. New songs. 5.5 hour run time show till 2 am.

big ass ice cold coke, walk back to "home", and getting off my very sore feet.

priceless memories and antisipation for Vancouver and seattle!

Thanks PJ!
    IF NOTHING IS EVERYTHING, I'LL HAVE IT ALL.

Vancouver 2003
    EV Vancouver 2008
    Winnipeg & Saskatoon 2011
    Wrigley July 2013
    Vancouver & Seattle 2013
    Tulsa, Lincoln & St. Paul 2014
    Mexico City 2015
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Wrigley 1 & 2 2016
    Seattle TOTD 1 & 2 2016 
    London 1, Cancelled / Boarderline, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2 2018
    Ohana 2019 
  • F5F5 Posts: 789

More importantly, did you get your grass!!!??? :lol:
    Bridge - 10/25/03
    Mansfield I - 6/28/08
    Eddie NYC - 8/4/08
    Seattle - 9/21/09, 9/22/09
    Salt Lake City 9/28/09
    LA 9/30/09, 10/07/09
    San Diego 10/9/09
    Alpine Valley 9/03/11, 9/04/11
    Ashbury Park 9/18/21
    LA 5/06/21, 5/07/21
    Phoenix 05/09/22
    NYC 9/11/22
    Denver 9/22/22
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Didn't expect to spend 9 hours in Wrigley, but all in all a great day. I was a little deflated during the delay when a second storm started to form behind the one that caused the delay.

Once the band came back on I was back. Too tired to post more, but as was mentioned kudos to the band for making this work.

Kudos to the fans who stuck around till 2:05 am :clap::clap:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Sounds like it was an unforgettable and amazing experience. Seeing that they played come back made a tear well up in my eye.

Hope all of you who were there are enjoying some rest, air conditioning and cold fluids.

A wee bit green with envy that I was not with you. :mrgreen:
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • checked out the new songs on youtube. meh.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    this is why we love this band. they pulled this off.

hope everyone had a great time and stayed positive!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • DerrickDerrick Posts: 475
    That was a great show...a lot has been mentioned but maybe I'll add:

- Ed spent a lot of time talking about Mike's balls, saying he thought they were just two big balls, but that they were actually 4 balls which means he can take his base.
    - Come Back to remember the Sarah person who died. Hair standing on end...chills...wow.
    - All the way...almost became a cubs fan there on the spot
    - Ernie Banks...my dad's hero growing up
    - The upper deck literally vibrating like an earthquake for the fast songs...almost wondered if the stadium was built for that much rocking out.

On the negative, rain delays are never fun, but what was worse was the chain smoker sitting in front of me. Can't believe it's 2013 and some ppl still don't respect the dozen or so people sitting around them. I second-hand smoked about 2 packs last night!
  • jck747jck747 Posts: 30
    Listen to the show on the Earthcam, the band sounded like they were rushing through the set to get it in before the curfew; you have wonder why Eddie didn't cut at least that Leatherman/Eruption/Bugs trio to buy more time and perhaps fit in Alive and Betterman in at the end. Weird that they stayed committed to that setlist knowing they were up against the curfew...
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Cried at "Release."

CD/COT except when the idiot behind me peed on my leg halfway through CD. (I was wearing shorts & sandles.)

Hold On. *shiver*

Energy during Corduroy & RVM.

Preparty at Full Shilling.

Postcollapse at The Edge Diner.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)