** * Hartford Fanviews 5/13 Here** *

Comments

• PJfanPAPJfanPA Posts: 130
    My first show of the tour was fantastic! You got a great selection of songs! The crowd was into into even though the weather sucked! First time I saw them in Hartford! The Dodge Center is set up just like the Tweeter in Camden. I sat in section 500 row EE Nice seats! thanks 10club! Waiting the Flac version of the bootleg to come out!
    09/02/00 04/28/03 07/05/03 07/06/03 07/12/03 10/01/04 10/03/05 05/13/06 05/27/06 05/28/06 06/01/06 06/03/06
  • PJfanPAPJfanPA Posts: 130
    The big problems with the Tweeter is waiting for the ferry or getting out of the parking lot after the show! both take forever!
    09/02/00 04/28/03 07/05/03 07/06/03 07/12/03 10/01/04 10/03/05 05/13/06 05/27/06 05/28/06 06/01/06 06/03/06
  • sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • votegirlvotegirl Posts: 95
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
  • ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    Thank you 10C for these amazing seats!! Even though the show wasn't as amazing as the night before, it still held it's own to say the least!! Well anyways, everyone enjoy the pics, and please let me know what you think!!
    You'll find them at: http://www.ottonyp.com
  • WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    This concert was awesome!!!! besides being in the cold and almost seating in the Lawn section through 10c tickets.lol
    For my first time I saw live - GARDEN, WHY GO, I'M OPEN and ofcourse the new songs. Mike had so much energy it was great to see him have fun and play two guitars at the same time. Eddie was making us all laugh with him coming out in one of the encores and saying you're still here?!?!
    Stoney was cold too...he had a hat on..lol
    and Jeff was all over the place. It's great to see him loose once in a while.
    Matt was drumming away like always and his vocals in the background can be heard which was nice to hear like in the album.

Highlights for me were.....Garden....Why GO....Black with that beautiful part of We Belong Together...gave me goose bumps. I GOT SHIT "WOW!!!!"
    Loved it, it was so intense.
    Eddie singing Alive on top of the speaker. and the end of YLB of Mike's solo seating on the edge of the stage on one side and Eddie on the other side. While Jeff was seating on a speaker close to Matt. A beautiful scene!

It was nice to hear that Mike and the band donated money to a lady who is sick and who can't pay for her cure since she doesn't have Health Insurance. Pearl Jam are so freaking Awesome and so generous. We gota Love Pearl Jam!!!!

Thanks for a kick Ass concert!!!!.
    :)
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    ottonyp wrote:
    Thank you 10C for these amazing seats!! Even though the show wasn't as amazing as the night before, it still held it's own to say the least!! Well anyways, everyone enjoy the pics, and please let me know what you think!!

Great Pictures....I book marked your page!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    edwho wrote:
    Set list 1: Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Marker In The Sand, Hail Hail, Animal, Dissident, Unemployable, Corduroy, Better Man, Why Go, Garden, I Got Id, Even Flow, Inside Job, Black, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: I'm Open, Sleight Of Hand, Comatose, Do The Evolution

2nd encore: Go, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

I was in attendence!

Inside Job was amazing. The setting of the strangely lit clouds in the back, the breezy but warm air surrounding the crowd, and the haze generated from the lights on the stage - it all created an ideal atmosphere for one of Pearl Jam's best songs, and a great performance of it.

The first encore was also a highlight. I'm Open into Sleight of Hand was a beautiful moment, and then... Comatose into DTE was completely and awesomely manic!!!

Solid show throughout.
  • Uncle LeoUncle Leo Posts: 1,073
    I was there. I enjoyed the reference to the Ice Bowl (a show I was not at, but some friends were).

Obviously, some first time songs for me, including 7 from the new disc and of course I'm Open. I think I'm Open was pretty lame and would have traded it for Rats (Good set, Albany).

Nevertheless, it was good as always. Marker in the Sand was my favorite of the new ones live, though I thought Life Wasted and, suprisingly, Unemployable were right there. Inside Job did not do it for me quite as much.

Loved I Got Shit (and the "I Got Shit Tickets" to the back).

And Goddamn it, I don't care, I loved seeing Yellow Ledbetter at the end.

I was also able to bring my 14 year old cousin to his firtst big-time show. We have a new fan...

Can't wait for St. Paul. And St. Paul...
    I cannot come up with a new sig till I get this egg off my face.
  • XboxjunkieXboxjunkie Posts: 133
    ottonyp wrote:

great pics, also shows how lame section 200 was compared to all sections in the back!
    How I choose to feel is how I am.

Thanks for taking my picture!!! Xbox and myself are in the pic you took of the crowd! The other pics were great too!!! Thanks for posting them!!!

Edit: Xbox wasn't in that pic... he was blocked by the guy in front of him...
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    snipes824 wrote:
    we were seats 513 and 514. and im pretty sure that we were right next to eachother then becase there were these guys who were pretty drunk trying to squeeze in next to us with their friends. i was drunk too so it wasnt bothering me that much but still i hate when people do that. for the 2nd half of the show i had this screaming asshole bumping into me every couple minutes.

we were right next to you on your right. I wouldn't have cared too much either, but one of the guys was almost a foot taller than me and I said fuck that.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • ReeenkRoinkReeenkRoink Posts: 108
    I decided to go at the last minute. I had friends with Lawn seats andI didn't want to sit in the Lawn at that place. I pulled a ticket in section 400 row JJ.
    I think it actually ended up being close to where my 10club seats would have been. Anyway I enjoyed the show, I missed severed hand though which sucks. There was a serious back up walking into the place, and the will call window was moving very slow as well.
    I like Laser Pearl Jam and Inside Job was great. I'm open was not great for me. I love when they Bust out rare songs, but I never really liked that one.

Also the spotlight from Mikes side was directly in my face and it was like looking into the sun when I looked on stage for Most of the Show.

I look at it as a warm up for the Boston Shows coming up and I can't wait for those!!!
  • 10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    anyone buy this bootleg? wondering how it is...
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • i think i might be getting the boot tonight...

but yeah, what an awesome night. the meadows is such a nice venue, very cool. i was in section 500, row QQ...right in the pit of some boston fans haha. quite a loud bunch, but lots of fun nonetheless. the new songs were great live, and the show in general was great! i kinda wished they went a little longer though. it seemed a little short to me, but then again, i guess it was a tad cold. and i wished they would have done more rare songs and/or covers. U was in the soundcheck, i really wished they'd of played that, oh well...all the guys were really energetic tonight and made the night extremely memorable! cant wait for jersey!

10/30/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford
    6/3/06 E. Rutherford
    10/3/05 Philadelphia
    5/13/06 E. Rutherford; 6/3/06 Hartford
    8/2/07 Vic Theatre
    6/25/08 MSG; 6/27/08 Hartford; 6/30/08 Mansfield
    8/23/09 Chicago; 10/31/09 Philadelphia
    5/15/10 Hartford; 5/17/10 Boston; 5/20/10 MSG
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    The Ten Club hooked me up with section 300 row P. My number is 184XXX.
    I HATE everything about the venue. Too many things to detail. It was cold.

Still an enjoyable show. Loved hearing Garden and Why Go. Got to hear 7 songs from the new album. I thought Comatose sounded amazing. I'm Open was nothing special. I barely recognized it. They played a lot of hits. After seeing the Albany setlist I was a little disappointed. This was 16th time seeing them and it was on the bottom of my list for favorite shows. I enjoyed it, just not as much as some other shows. I think the band sounded perfect. It was probably just the setlist. I'm going to 6 more shows and can't wait until the Boston shows next week.
  • Pearl F'N Jam!! That is really all that needs to be said. The fucking soul they put into these shows are unparalleled in the world of rock and roll.

After entering the venue as Severed Hand was finishing - after drinking since 1:30 in the afternoon - we were ready to rock and roll. Screaming, jumping, taking peoples seats, headbanging (you have NO IDEA how much my neck fucking hurts right now), singing, smoking, drinking and partying - this show was a complete adreneline rush!!!)

The new songs have so much pure energy in them and are sooooooooo f'n good live - it was sick hearing WWS, Unemployable and Marker in the sand(AMAZING) being the first 4 songs out of the shoot!!

The rest was an absolute mess of Hail Hail, Corduroy (Schwartz missed for a piss break), Animal, Why Go, Garden , Dissedent and a Betterman that f'n floored me ( and this song is NOT a Kagen Favorite - but man did he let the crowd take over and it f'n ROCKED!!!)

The show for me was a SOLID SOLID B+, a PJ show gets an A on purely any B sides of their choice. There was no true rare songs, (even though it was great to hear Why Go and Garden) - but that just added to the pure straight forward Rock and Roll of this Show. The highlight for me was clearly the "Inside Job" (which was a Kagen guarantee to play, easily in my top 5 PJ songs EVER - easy!!!) into "Black" (sickest version with the crowd at the end) into a Rearviewmirrior that felt like a car wreck!! A Triple threat for the ages....

1st Encore - Holy Shit - kicked my ass, ending with a Comotose (Crazy New Song) into Evolution (Nasty).....

2nd Enc - GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Alive (obviously) then a Rockin in a Free World which went on for like 19 minutes it felt like - I was running on pure emptiness at this point - whaling my neck arms and legs around like a rag doll - Sick version........and then a Ledbetter - Ament on top of the speakers sitting like he was on a dock, Mike going to the end of the stage to sit, and eddie sitting on the other side - WOW - so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you all enjoyed, exhausted and OUT!!!!!!!!!

Jersey SHOW - 17 Days AWAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
    "See the path Cut by the Moon, for you to Walk On"
  • QballQball Posts: 283
    Worst crowd ever but Pearl Jam was great! Never going to Hartford again. Boston next week to get the sour taste of pathetic "Pearl Jam" fans who were sitting in section 100 and sitting during songs like Comatose and Evolution....thats all I have to say
  • joseducajoseduca Posts: 1,272
    these are the ones that look kinda okey

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joseduca/sets/72057594137533064/

taken from section 200, row R, seat 143
    hope you like them
    Make records, not war...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    one thing I wish I could have met more 10clubbers there. I was in section 600 row BBB and it appeared there werent too many people that into the show. There was a girl next to me, I think she was alone and she seemed as excited as me... But I wish I wouldnt have missed the presale for this show.

next time around I think I am going to hit an arena show instead of Hartford nonetheless
  • cupodirectcupodirect Posts: 4
    joseduca wrote:
    these are the ones that look kinda okey

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joseduca/sets/72057594137533064/

taken from section 200, row R, seat 143
    hope you like them

I was sitting right in front of you section 200 row q. Loved the concert.
    Laura
    Alive
  • UnevenflowUnevenflow Posts: 19
    cupodirect wrote:
    I was sitting right in front of you section 200 row q. Loved the concert.
    Laura

I was in section 200 row Q also... what seats did you have? I was 217 and 218?
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    just listening to hartford boot now nice show... first show I have heard this tour. the boys are on fire.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Zoso wrote:
    just listening to hartford boot now nice show... first show I have heard this tour. the boys are on fire.

Yeah! I downloaded it too and was very impressed. I fell out of touch with PJ for several years but was a diehard in high school/college. I went to the show last minute and it definetely brought back emotion for me. I thought the setlist of new---->old was perfect...and really love the new tracks!

-G
    where it takes me.
  • BK17 wrote:
    (After entering the venue as Severed Hand was finishing - after drinking since 1:30 in the afternoon - we were ready to rock and roll. Screaming, jumping, taking peoples seats, headbanging (you have NO IDEA how much my neck fucking hurts right now), singing, smoking, drinking and partying - this show was a complete adreneline rush!!!)

Are you the guy that smashed all the bottles in the parking lot, threw mud at people or helped break down the fence?
    Springfield, MA 1994
    Hartford, CT 1998
    Hartford, CT 2006
    Hartford, CT 2008
    Albany, NY 2009
    Hartford, CT 2010
    Hartford, CT 2011
  • cupodirectcupodirect Posts: 4
    Unevenflow wrote:
    I was in section 200 row Q also... what seats did you have? I was 217 and 218?
    We were in 245 and 246. We walked up almost to the stage during the encores. Had a great time. Hope you did too.
    Laura
    Alive
  • whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    what made this show so great was the fact that it was so different from the nite before. i had resigned myself to seeing a similar set, but they changed it up completely! so good, had great company (THANX BRO!) and got to hear a great RVM, Slight of hand and I'm Open! keep up the great work guys!
    peace
  • PJGirl12PJGirl12 Posts: 1
    Pearl Jam in Hartford was INCREDIBLE. I didnt realize how awesome they were in concert. I'm a little late to this posting thing, but I'm new here too! Great to see that so many people are hardcore PJ Fans!

GO EDDIE!!
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    PJGirl12 wrote:
    Pearl Jam in Hartford was INCREDIBLE. I didnt realize how awesome they were in concert. I'm a little late to this posting thing, but I'm new here too! Great to see that so many people are hardcore PJ Fans!

GO EDDIE!!

it was a great night.

welcome to the board.:)
  • warehousewarehouse Posts: 124
    Amazing show, I was disappointed in the crowd but certainly not the band. Sooo glad we made the 12 hour drive, definitely worth it. Seeing Why Go and Garden were incredible moments for me.
    Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers he decides to dream. Dream up a new self. For himself.

Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    Hartford 2006