Options

** * Hartford Fanviews 5/13 Here** *

1235»

Comments

• Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Just remembering what a great atmosphere this show had. The version of Black was the most beautiful I have ever heard played.

the entire 1st encore was memorable with I'm Open as an intro to a gorgeous version of Sleight of Hand ... and then Ed announcing they would change gears as they kicked into Comatose and DTE. i've seen DTE 9 times, and that one was 2nd only to the Boston 9/28/04 show.
  • Options
    inside job with the lasers was incredible, rvm kicked ass, the YLB solo was not one of Mike's better efforts, the only part of the show that dragged was I'm Open and Sleight of Hand back to back. I'm a big fan of both songs but they should've thrown a fast song in between. it seemed like they realized it after the first encore with Ed saying that the 1st encore was one song too short
    The North is to South what the clock is to time
    There's east and there's west and there's everywhere life
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die
    The in between is mine
    I am mine

Hartford 5/13/06
  • Options
    I can't believe it's been a year already. wow!

this was the first of 5 amazing shows over May and June 2006

my first show at the Meadows, all the hype since it was the first shows since the riots, the excitement of hearing the new stuff for the first time

before Inside Job, Ed saying that there were gonna be some lasers, so it would be a good time to smoke something other that cigarettes..

fun fun show

a year goes by so fast
    i need a new show to go to...
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
  • Options
    AmherstJammerAmherstJammer Amherst, Massachusetts Posts: 1,510
    I LOVED Hartford! I was at NJ 2 and Hartford blew NJ 2 away! I don't understand why Hartford doesn't get a little more appreciation.. such a great night!
  • Options
    warehouse wrote:
    Amazing show, I was disappointed in the crowd but certainly not the band. Sooo glad we made the 12 hour drive, definitely worth it. Seeing Why Go and Garden were incredible moments for me.

I think the reason the crowd was out of it was the weather. If I remember correctly it had been raining throughout the day and once the sun set, the temperature dipped down to the 40's. It may have even started raining towards the end of the show but I may be mistaken.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    I was under the pavillion, but I think it did rain a little bit. I remember the clouds in the sky were really eery looking before it got dark. I also remember Ed dedicated a song to all the people out on the lawn, but I don't remember which song it was. It was a little cold, but I had a heavy flannel on and felt fine. I think after a few songs like RVM and Go, I took the flannel off.
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,168
    I'm 14, this was my first (and only) PJ show.
    It was amazing, there was so much energy.
    I was out on the grass and the conditions weren't great i must say, neither was the sound out there. But it was still a great experience, one of my clearest memories is hearing the Dissident riff and the i got shit tickets part.
    Also when ed had the crowd sing betterman and when he was trying to get the cameraman to show him.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    I thought this show was OK but still ranking the shows I've been too as:

1. Boston 3 2003
    33. Hartford 2006.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    this was a busy day for me.

iwasthere wrote:
    I woke up this morning in southwest missouri. Laying in bed, I decided to maybe go to the show tonight. So I got out of bed, threw some clothes on and packed a bag, while booking the next Delta flight outta Missouri. I flew across the country, still with no ticket to the show, during a layover in Cincinnati, I left a thread here, asking for a ticket. I arrived in Hartford around 4:30 today. I immediately, checked my private messages and my new buddy Ryan totally hooked me up with his extra 10c ticket. Took a taxi to the venue, met some people from this board at McDonalds made some great new friends. Finally met up with my ticket buddy, and went to the show. My 23rd. Going to Chicago on Tuesday, but hey, i was there the first time pj ever played I'm Open! I'm sitting in the Bradley airport now passing the time til my flight leaves around 6 tomorrow morning. What a day!
    tacos
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I LOVED Hartford! I was at NJ 2 and Hartford blew NJ 2 away! I don't understand why Hartford doesn't get a little more appreciation.. such a great night!

thats crazy
    perhaps you had a better buzz in hartford, or you prefer the ampitheaters to the hockey rinks
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    this show was the start of an awesome summer for me (minus hitting the deer @ 4 am on the way home to Philly). Ahhh memories, if only this summer was that good.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I just remember how cold it was, and that I wore shoes inappropriate for the weather. With my PJ touring came a cold that lasted just as long. :D

I also remember just how good natured the band seemed to me. I was about 4 rows or so back, and Matt was waving to the crowd when he first came on, and Mike was doing his thing. I think Ed was sick, but overall I was very impressed with how they just wanted the fans to have a good time.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    ccfa party was great too!
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    ottonypottonyp Posts: 226
    Anyone interested in seeing some shots I took at the show can view them at ottonyp.com . Feel free to drop me a pm here in the pit to let me know what you think of them ! Enjoy !