Options

** * Hartford Fanviews 5/13 Here** *

Comments

• Options
    Just got back from Hartford. Great show. Ten Club #138xxx got me 9th row in front of Mike. The boys were on fire, nailing every song, I've never seen them this polished this early in a tour. My favorite parts of the show include hearing Why Go & Garden live for the first time ever, a thunderous RVM, and hearing all the Avocado songs live, especially Inside Job. I Got Shit was dedicated to the people in the back who might call it "I Got Shitty Tickets." They looked like they were a mile from the stage, on a muddy, wet lawn.

For those stunned to see I'm Open on the setlist it wasn't much of a song. Just Ed strumming a guitar singing I'm Open over it.
    2008: 6/24, 6/25, 6/27
    2006: 5/14, 5/27, 5/31, 6/1
    2004: 10/1
    2003: 7/8, 7/9
    2000: 8/24, 9/2
    1998: 9/8, 9/11
    1996: 9/28, 9/29
  • Options
    I have seen the band every tour since 96 and this show was the best yet. My wife and I were in section 200, dead center, about 14 rows back, thanks to the great 10 Club. The guys seemed to be having such a great time. Eddie was really happy and it showed. Mike was jumping around and having the time of his life, as was Jeff. Great sound and good light show, too.
    The music was exceptional. Black, Garden Sleight Of Hand, RVM, and Inside Job were real highlights for me. Matt drives the band with such intensity. I was really unhappy when Soundgarden broke up but it was worth it just to have Matt in PJ.
    The fence and the drunken fools were definitely bad for everyone. That stuff leave bad Karma for all. Unfortunately, this behavior is prevalent at most shows these days. I'm just glad that nothing turned into the bad scene that befell Hartford in 98.
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    iwasthere wrote:
    I woke up this morning in southwest missouri. Laying in bed, I decided to maybe go to the show tonight. So I got out of bed, threw some clothes on and packed a bag, while booking the next Delta flight outta Missouri. I flew across the country, still with no ticket to the show, during a layover in Cincinnati, I left a thread here, asking for a ticket. I arrived in Hartford around 4:30 today. I immediately, checked my private messages and my new buddy Ryan totally hooked me up with his extra 10c ticket. Took a taxi to the venue, met some people from this board at McDonalds made some great new friends. Finally met up with my ticket buddy, and went to the show. My 23rd. Going to Chicago on Tuesday, but hey, i was there the first time pj ever played I'm Open! I'm sitting in the Bradley airport now passing the time til my flight leaves around 6 tomorrow morning. What a day!

that is a great story.
  • Options
    ndv180ndv180 Posts: 80
    (he referred to Stone, saying, "he could show Donald Rumsfeld a thing or two about being Secretary of Defense"

Actually, I think he said "a man who could teach Donald Rumsfeld a thing or two about truth and honesty ... Stone Gossard"

I thought it was a great line.
  • Options
    ogre1213ogre1213 Posts: 391
    i was at 6 shows before including 2 msgs and 4/28 philly and this was the best show i was ever at, new stuff sounds amazing, especially inside job, song is sick on the cd and 100x better live. im open was sweet, why go was amazing, alive was off the hook eddie climbed the speakers, rearview mirror had to be the best version i ever heard,

great pearl jam weekend, cant fkin wait for phily!!!
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    I will never go to another show in Hartford. I don't think enough people were there that were also there in '98 and knew what happened. I made a special trip back JUST to see them play this venue after so long, and the energy from the crowd, for the most part, SUCKED! I was in section 600, row LL, about 3 rows back from the soundboard. There were some kids behind me that were WICKED into the band and show, which was awesome, and then a guy to my right and in front of me, rockin out the whole time. For the most part, everyone around us was just standing there. Alive.....NOTHING from the fans life I've seen in the past. To many drunken assholes and people just staring at you like you have 4 heads, but that is Hartford. At the end of '98, when everyone was trying to get out, people were being dicks then. And idiots around here wonder why good shows never come around. The parking lot was trashed...why can't people bring trash bags to throw shit in??? Unfourtunatly, being in the greater Springfield/Hartford area my whole life up until now, this is the way people in this area are...no respect for anything.

This is the 8th time I've seen this band play and I can never get enough. I would have like to have heard Come Back....but they did play my song, DTE, which I almost have a heart attack every time they play it! Sounded good, looked good, the end was awesome when Ed was lookin at Mike and just watching him play the end of YLB. Fuckin awesome.

I got to see some old friends and meet some new people from the board, which is always awesome....usually the nicest people at shows are the ones from here.

All I can say now is.....bring on the GORGE!
    Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one.

"do gay midgets come out of the cupboard"
    ~CreedDisease~

10/27/06
  • Options
    my 10C number is 265*** and was very pleased with my seats....400 row FF. however, i feel this was the biggest let-down of the 7 PJ shows i have been to (boston 1 2000, boston 1,2,3 2003, buffalo 2003, boston 1, 2 2004)...regardless, it was still a good show, but i feel the setlist was a little weak (enjoyed I'm Open though)....just my opinion...
    Some people have religion, I have Pearl Jam...

"... I wish that I was a disease, a disease called love and peace..." 05/02/03

08/29/00, 05/02/03, 07/02/03, 07/03/03, 07/11/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 05/13/06, 05/25/06, 06/3/06, 06/27/08, 06/28/08, 06/30/08
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    Tried to take some photos of the wicked cool shadows the guys were leaving on the curtains left of stage.

I'm glad somebody else appreciated this too. It reminded me of the Daughter/It's OK tag on Touring Band 2000.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    pj23yankspj23yanks Posts: 262
    I was at this show and here are my comments:
    First off this show was two hours and ten minutes long not any longer. The sound at this venue was pretty weak. The crowd was pretty bad with behavior, no wonder why '96 and '98 were such problem and why it took eight years to come back. It was also pretty cold last night at about fifty degrees. Also the crowd was one of the quietest I have been to. Also it seemed Eddie was having voice problems as he was drinking to tea periodicly and had hard time hitting high notes.
    Now to the show itself:
    They opened with Severed Hand which again was a new song to open with but I was pretty dissappionted that they only have opened with one non new song this tour so far. Animal was a first this tour which was pretty cool, but to prove this crowd wasn't so loud Eddie did not let them take over the chorus. Even though he did let us take over Betterman it wasn't as loud as I have heard a crowd do it. I'm open was pretty cool I must say and Slieght of Hand was a plesant surprise. I thought I would hear Baba O'Riely tonight but can't complain with Free World and YB.
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    KinoaKinoa Posts: 2
    eddieved24 wrote:
    I am bumping this because it has the CORRECT date of the show

I posted the wrong date...My Bad. I looked at the date on my PC which had reached midnite.

Wow! What a great Hartford show.

My wife and I went last night to Albany and heard some of the best tunes for the freaks. (Like Rats, Sad, Crazy Mary, Red Mosquito)

But this Hartford show continued from where they left off. We heard all the ones that we felt we were missing from last night's show. (Like Animal, Inside Job, Unemployable, Rockin' in the Free World and Yellow Ledbetter just to name a few)

I'm glad we went to both shows. Hard to choose which show was "better". They both ROCKED.

I think the acoustics were better in the amphitheater. The crowd sang loudly!
    The lawn was FILLED. I felt bad for them, so did Eddie when he said "I Got Shit Tickets" :-)
    I had seats inside in SEC 700 (Thank you 10Club). Just perfect.

It was awesome when Eddie had the crowd sing the beginning of Better Man.

I Wish I was going to see them in Boston.

As for the punks, smashing bottles and taking down the fence...just young little college rich kids. They are the same bunch of jerks that spoil the Dave Matthews shows there at the Dodge Music Center. For the record, I hate Dave Matthews.

All other PJ fans I ran into were xome of the coolest, most down to earth peeps. Here in Hartford and in Albany.

There were WAY TOO MANY Red Sox hats/jerseys at both shows!
    Bandwagonners!!!

Go Yankees!!

Peace

Kinoa
  • Options
    pj23yanks wrote:
    I was at this show and here are my comments:
    First off this show was two hours and ten minutes long not any longer. The sound at this venue was pretty weak. The crowd was pretty bad with behavior, no wonder why '96 and '98 were such problem and why it took eight years to come back. It was also pretty cold last night at about fifty degrees. Also the crowd was one of the quietest I have been to. Also it seemed Eddie was having voice problems as he was drinking to tea periodicly and had hard time hitting high notes.
    Now to the show itself:
    They opened with Severed Hand which again was a new song to open with but I was pretty dissappionted that they only have opened with one non new song this tour so far. Animal was a first this tour which was pretty cool, but to prove this crowd wasn't so loud Eddie did not let them take over the chorus. Even though he did let us take over Betterman it wasn't as loud as I have heard a crowd do it. I'm open was pretty cool I must say and Slieght of Hand was a plesant surprise. I thought I would hear Baba O'Riely tonight but can't complain with Free World and YB.

i agree with ya 100%. the crowd was weak and i think the band knew it

oh, and GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people have religion, I have Pearl Jam...

"... I wish that I was a disease, a disease called love and peace..." 05/02/03

08/29/00, 05/02/03, 07/02/03, 07/03/03, 07/11/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 05/13/06, 05/25/06, 06/3/06, 06/27/08, 06/28/08, 06/30/08
  • Options
    edwho wrote:
    Set list 1: Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Marker In The Sand, Hail Hail, Animal, Dissident, Unemployable, Corduroy, Better Man, Why Go, Garden, I Got Id, Even Flow, Inside Job, Black, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: I'm Open, Sleight Of Hand, Comatose, Do The Evolution

2nd encore: Go, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early set list from: Kinoa

Well hearing I'm Open, sleight of hand, the new garden, AND winning a thunder bay poster in the ccfa auction, kind of evens it up for me, due to the inclememnt weather in Boston, I had to spend an extra night in Toronto, TOR 2 was amazing too!!!!
  • Options
    PJ2k3PJ2k3 Posts: 218
    i have a fan club number of 160xxx and I was all the way to the far right in 'limited view' seats. That fucking sucked. While there wasn't much obstruction since they didn't have the giant speaker towers on the stage, we were rather far away from the band. Anyone with higher numbers than me maybe 25 seats to my left had better tickets than me. People around me weren't really rockin out and some people snuck into our row making it cramped. Unfortunately I have to put this show down near the bottom of the 20 shows I've been to. Maybe my expectations were raised after seeing Satan's Bed and Rats show up in the setlist. It catered more toward the casual fan than a diehard like myself. While everyone is crapping themselves over I'm Open, it wasn't really the song. It was more of an improv because the spoken word part wasn't done, just the chorus. But we met up with some people from the Canadian tour, so that made it special, but setlist wise, nothing stood out about it. Good thing I'm heading to Camden and E. Rutherford.
    9/24/96, 6/14/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 9/1/00, 9/4/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/19/05, 9/30/05, 10/03/05, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 8/7/08 (Eddie solo)
  • Options
    scgamacscgamac Posts: 12
    First off, thank you 10C for my seats and the ease of getting the tickets. 233XXX, section 7, row FF. Best seats I've ever had. Better view than my floor seats in Albany. Great show - loved the set list, high energy. Not knowing what all the complaining was about the crowd - everyone was really into it.

Can't wait for Boston and Las Vegas.

Keely - don't post the setlist on the wall of the light board in front of you - I had to fight off the urge to read it two nights in a row~!
    Saw things, so much clearer....
  • Options
    jacquireneejacquirenee Posts: 26
    I thought last night's set was really good. I was really surprised that they played so many songs from "Ten" and "Vs." I guess you could chalk it up to being for "the casual fan," but as a diehard fan, I feel I've been missing some of those older songs in recent tours. I thought it really WAS more for diehard fans. Especially with "Evenflow," "Why Go," "Animal," and the amazing rendition of "RVM" giving McCready more than one opportunity to shred out. That was sweet. Plus, Stone took a few solos, more than I've ever seen at a live show, and I loved that.

I was shocked and happy to hear "I Got Shit" live... very disappointed not to hear "State of Love and Trust," but the set couldn't be PERFECT. ;-)

I thought "I'm Open" was a low point, too. It was kind of cool to be mellow and just jam a little, but I don't like that song on the album to begin with, and if Ed was going to just play by himself, he could've chosen much better songs to do that.

About the crowd: I saw much worse frat boy behavior at the MSG show in 03. At least in the seats around us. But that was INSIDE the show. Hartford is definitely worse in the parking areas. People who don't live around here might not know, but tailgating is a big thing for this venue. People go to the tailgates to party who aren't even going into the show. And, if there are tix left close to the date, a lot of those people who might not even know the band at all will go in. They go to EVERY SHOW there just to get drunk and get into fights. I've seen people deliberately drive into other cars on their way out because the cars were in their way! It's ridiculous.

I'm a high school teacher and a lot of my students were going to this concert. One of them is a huge PJ fan, and the rest were just going to get drunk. I'm glad I didn't see them. They're nice kids, but probably the same drunken idiots who tore down the fence.

Anyway, I thought my seats were awesome, given my high 10c number (364xxx). Thanks Ten Club!!! We were in row PP, section 700, middle-left (Mike's side). All the people around us were cool and really into PJ. There was this dude in front of me who was definitely having a religious experience, and that made me happy. This was the first concert I've been to without my best friend (another diehard fan). I took a friend from work who's really into music but a casual fan of PJ. She thought it was a great show, but she didn't know that many of the songs and she probably thought I was crazy for all my jumping around and screaming. But I didn't feel so bad because most of the people around us were behaving in a similar manner.

So... overall... I've been to three shows, and this was #2 in my book. MSG in 03 was really an amazing religious experience for me, and Hartford back in 98 was awesome because it was my first PJ show after being a fan for 7 years, but we sat on the lawn then, and the set wasn't nearly as amazing as last night.

It got me so stoked that, despite a serious lack of funds, I am thinking of buying one of the few remaining behind the stage (I'd like to call them Matt Cameron) tickets for the Meadowlands.
    9/13/98 -- Hartford, CT
    7/9/03 -- NY, NY
    5/13/06 -- Hartford, CT
    6/3/06 -- E. Rutherford, NJ
    6/24/08 -- NY, NY
    6/27/08 -- Hartford, CT
    6/28/08 -- Mansfield, MA
    10/30/09 -- Philadelphia, PA
    5/15/10 -- Hartford, CT
    5/21/10 -- NY, NY
    10/25/13 -- Hartford, CT
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    i had a great time! i was so happy to hear severed hand as the opener, i always thought it would make a great opener (other than all night :) ) had great seats too!!!! thanks joe! section 800 DD mikes side, clear view of the whole stage! mike was going nuts! it was sooooooooo cool when (i forget which song) but you looked over on the wall-stones side-and you could see jeffs and eds shadow on the wall.
    i thought it was a very mellow setlist, at least compared to the night before (still bitter i didnt go to albany) but still a great time nonetheless. i wish the drunk assholes would have refrained from banging on the seats, that was kind of annoying. the light effects were really cool. it was awesome being able to look back and see all the people in the lawn, the place looked packed! hopefully my seats last night will be a good indication of where my seats in philly will be. the place reminded me a lot of the tweeter center.

i was shocked to hear garden, esp after why go, and im open? who woulda thought!!! they needed to play more YIELD though ;) but DTE is always fucking sweet to hear, i love that song!!! i really thought ed was going to jump off the speaker during alive, maybe he thought about it but changed his mind?! i wish i had a camera!
    the summer is just beginning, i cannot wait for the rest of the shows! esp the GORGE!!!!!!!!! bring it!!!!!!!!

ps-had a great time at sweet janes, great bar!!!!!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    I'll try to keep it brief and give you my top ten from last night:

10) "master/ slave" house music to open the set
    9) Green lasers rock!
    8) Stone almost having an embolism during his solo in "RITFW"
    7) Eddie standing on the tall stacks during Alive
    6) "Why Go"!
    5) NEW "Garden" (LOVE it!)
    4) "Sleight of Hand" (Full band = sonic)
    3) "Inside Job" (Mikey's double neck guitar: aka "Stairway to heaven")
    2) "We belong together" tag on Black
    1) Mikey's solo on "Black" with all his "bag of trick" effects...whale cries..

PS: 4th row center aisle directly in front of Master McCready, I had an unobstructed view of Mikey...
    Gave him many "i'm not worthy" bows after his solos..

He pointed at me, and three separate times threw picks directly at me but they all were intercepted..

Thanks Mike! It was the thought that counted ...

PPS: Hartford crowd was lame ass/ venue was dirty and cold ..
    but the show rocked!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,590
    Animal
    Black
    RVM(!!!)
    INSIDE JOB!!
    Go
    Alive
    RITFW

were probably the biggest higlights of the show
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    I thought it was great...very cold, but great!

I'm uploading pics right now, a friend of ours was in the 7th row on Mike's side and I gave him my digital camera and he got some great pics.

Here's the album.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pinklovefuzz2002/album?.dir=353are2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pinklovefuzz2002/my_photos

Some are great, some aren't...
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    i had excellent seats at the concert. i was on stones side in the second section of seats but i had a completely clear image of the stage and band.
    i think the setlist of the show was absolutely incredible! severed hand was an awesome opener. the first 5 songs were rockers from the new album and it was perfect to build energy. already from the opening song the crowd was singing along. i also feel special being at a historical concert, seeing that they played i'm open for the first time live. the laser lights on inside job were fascinating. i also thought that might be the best version of black i'd ever heard! mikes solos were nuts. ed seemed like he was in a great mood too. he wasnt too too talkitive but still you could tell he was happy. the band was alos very energetic! mike was jumping around like crazy and ed when he skipped over a speaker at one point in rockin in the free world was awesome. the new version of garden was another highlight. i loved it. the only minor dissapointment was that they didnt even touch riot act which is an amazing album. none the less that was an absolutely amazing concert!
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,614
    I was in section 600, row BBB. Somewhat far back, but not in the lawn. (missed out on 10C presale). In the seating area anywhere you arent too far. As far as the many inconveniences at this venue, its not exaggerated or bitching by any means.

1. I liked My Morning Jacket.
    2. The setlist wasnt that deep, however, I liked severed hand as an opener a lot. It ROCKED! WWS kicked ass, Life Wasted was great, Unemployable, Marker in The Sand... etc. What the setlist lacked in quantity, the music was VERY quality.
    3. Best version of RVM I have ever heard. As far as shows Ive been to, best Alive, Black, RITFW, and Cordoroy. I got Shit was great too.
    4. I liked the green lasers and this show had the best lighting effects of any show I was previously at.
    5. The band was very active and a lot of running around by Mike and Ed. Ed climbed the speakers to sing some of Alive. he did some yoga looking thing toward the end of the even flow solo. I never saw the band pre-2003, but this is how I have pictured them in '90's form.
    6. It appeared Ed got pretty drunk, which was great because he was a little more chatty toward the end and started to interact with the crowd and he was much more active.
    7. Everybody was yelling 'Boom', not 'Boo' when Eddie was introducing the band as he said he was the CIA and has everybody's cell numbers.
    8. I though for the most part the crowd was really into it. The cheering during the encore breaks was a little quiet, but there was a lot of singing.
    9. Out of my 4 shows, this one ranks second behind Buffalo '03.
  • Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    I will never go to another show in Hartford. I don't think enough people were there that were also there in '98 and knew what happened. I made a special trip back JUST to see them play this venue after so long, and the energy from the crowd, for the most part, SUCKED! I was in section 600, row LL, about 3 rows back from the soundboard. There were some kids behind me that were WICKED into the band and show, which was awesome, and then a guy to my right and in front of me, rockin out the whole time. For the most part, everyone around us was just standing there. Alive.....NOTHING from the fans life I've seen in the past. To many drunken assholes and people just staring at you like you have 4 heads, but that is Hartford. At the end of '98, when everyone was trying to get out, people were being dicks then. And idiots around here wonder why good shows never come around. The parking lot was trashed...why can't people bring trash bags to throw shit in??? Unfourtunatly, being in the greater Springfield/Hartford area my whole life up until now, this is the way people in this area are...no respect for anything.

i agree!

lost of people just standing around, and i was in the the row in section 200.

very weak!

but all in all, the show itself was amazing.
  • Options
    10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    ...I'm Open...I've been waiting for this song for years...Good or Bad???
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    wescaddle16wescaddle16 Posts: 106
    I went to the Hartford show last night, and bought the newspaper in the morning on sunday in hopes of getting the review of the show but there was none :-(...Shitty ass Hartford...Did anyone manage to get the review of the show either from a newspaper or online?...And could you posible PM me the online link or email me a copy of the real newspaper review if anyone has it? am asking this because I collect all the tickets, posters & newspaper reviews of the PJ shows I attend & I need this one desperately for my collection :-)

If anyone of you fellow jammers could help me out it will be greatly appreciated!

Rock on...Peace :-)
    Montreal 08-20-1998
    Montreal 10-04-2000
    Montreal 06-29-2003
    New York City 07-09-2003
    Montreal 09-15-2005
    Toronto 09-19-2005
    Quebec City 09-20-2005
    Toronto 05-09-2006
    Hartford 05-13-2006
    Toronto 2009
    Hartford 2010
    Buffalo 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Buffalo 2013
  • Options
    ...I'm Open...I've been waiting for this song for years...Good or Bad???

I liked it.

He didn't sing the whole song though...he didn't do the spoken part, just the sung parts.

Still, I was just standing there with my mouth open thinking "holy shit, am I really seeing this".

They need to play more No Code...specially Smile...last night was my 10th show and I still havn't heard it.
  • Options
    I went to the Hartford show last night, and bought the newspaper in the morning on sunday in hopes of getting the review of the show but there was none :-(...Shitty ass Hartford...Did anyone manage to get the review of the show either from a newspaper or online?...And could you posible PM me the online link or email me a copy of the real newspaper review if anyone has it? am asking this because I collect all the tickets, posters & newspaper reviews of the PJ shows I attend & I need this one desperately for my collection :-)

If anyone of you fellow jammers could help me out it will be greatly appreciated!

Rock on...Peace :-)

http://blogs.courant.com/eric_danton_sound_check/2006/05/amphitheatrics.html

Is this what you're looking for?
  • Options
    CSarge8CSarge8 Posts: 18
    From a 34 year old 10C member first in '92, missed re-upping a year, now #155.
    This is the 32nd show that I have been too.. Gone as far as San Diego (Live in Boston), went to 4 in Canada..

*Eddie kicking the mike stand, and cutting his lip/mouth*
    *Black w/We belong together tag, very cool*
    *Ed, saying We have been in Hartford a few times, once with tear gas, and another time we had to pay the neighbors because we wanted to do a 4 hour show**WRONG VENUE ED, that was Tweeter Center Boston (3rd Show) when they did a accoustic set before Sleater Kinney..and played REAL Late..ALTHOUGH the two venues are IDENTICAL*
    *Best RVM I have seen in a long time*
    *I'm Open, uuuuummmm...ok.., sure, if you are going to do it, do it the right way..the whole song, w/spoken word".
    *Crowd, VERY average at best, those of you who think differently..should
    see shows like MSG, and ANY Boston show.*
    *Mike, was insane, all show..doing his mad circles around the stage*
    *Ed's voice to me, was VERY strong, although he did have tea at the beginning of the show, but it was FUCKING COLD*
    *Hate the venue..dont like the city*

Need (2) Tickets for Boston #1 if anyone has..feel free to let me know.

Sarge
  • Options
    wescaddle16wescaddle16 Posts: 106
    No thats not what I meant man...I dont want a blog version of a fans review...I actually want a real newspaper review of the PJ concert from a Hartford newspaper, or a online review from the newspaper official website. Thanks anyways though for trying :-)...Anyone else found anything?
    Montreal 08-20-1998
    Montreal 10-04-2000
    Montreal 06-29-2003
    New York City 07-09-2003
    Montreal 09-15-2005
    Toronto 09-19-2005
    Quebec City 09-20-2005
    Toronto 05-09-2006
    Hartford 05-13-2006
    Toronto 2009
    Hartford 2010
    Buffalo 2010
    Montreal 2011
    Buffalo 2013
  • Options
    Was up on the lawn, in the middle. Could barely see the stage, so just went with the screens and the sounds and lights. I loved it.
    My highlight was Black/We Belong Together then RVM. Those two songs back to back were unbelievable. I thought the band had so much energy as they rocked out. The songs off the new album were solid, they flew by, just killin ... I'm Open was kinda cool to hear but it was just Eddie saying "I'm open" a few times while strumming the guitar. I thought initially it was gonna be 'untitled.' Dissident? sick. Why Go, Go, DTE ... the older stuff fuckin rocked.
    RITFW was absolutely wild and of course YLB was stirring.
    Up on the lawn there were a bunch of clowns wrestling in the mud and slinging mud at other people in the crowd. We got littered with it which was shitty. It was cold, but happy the rain stayed away ....
    avalanche, falling fast ...