Options

iOS 6: New Features, Comments, & iOS 6 for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

might not be a bad idea...at least Apple holds its value and usually easy to resell.

Very very true. It still blows my mind howmuch used iPhone's sell for.

People must be buying them and unlocking them and not having a contract and still having a smart phone...

The iPad 1 and 2 still sell at decent price.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

might not be a bad idea...at least Apple holds its value and usually easy to resell.

Very very true. It still blows my mind howmuch used iPhone's sell for.

People must be buying them and unlocking them and not having a contract and still having a smart phone...

The iPad 1 and 2 still sell at decent price.

It's kind of still that way with BB's too.
  • Options
    A Year After His Death, Steve Jobs' Yacht Is Finally Ready

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/a-year-a ... z2Abj0zaGL
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

I wonder what something like that cost to build?
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

I wonder what something like that cost to build?

Too bad he didn't get to enjoy it...when I saw that it made me think he was not far off from retiring from Apple.

• Options
    Got iPad mini on the weekend...excellent device...much better than the 7" Google Nexus it replaced.

Definitely noticed more screen estate as opposed to the nexus, much smoother, no lag, fast internet, pleasing to the eye, battery life every bit as good as advertised, the screen is just fine, some people must be crazy fussy or have incredible vision if the mini screen bothers people. Seeing as this was the first generation of the mini I fully expect the 2nd generation to be that much better.

• Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Got iPad mini on the weekend...excellent device...much better than the 7" Google Nexus it replaced.

Definitely noticed more screen estate as opposed to the nexus, much smoother, no lag, fast internet, pleasing to the eye, battery life every bit as good as advertised, the screen is just fine, some people must be crazy fussy or have incredible vision if the mini screen bothers people. Seeing as this was the first generation of the mini I fully expect the 2nd generation to be that much better.

"Screen estate"? :lol: Is that like screen real estate?
  • Options
    Oh, by the way, wasn't there someone around here lamenting the fact that the iPhone doesn't light up with it rings? Apparently the new one does.
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    Oh, by the way, wasn't there someone around here lamenting the fact that the iPhone doesn't light up with it rings? Apparently the new one does.

It was probably me. I came from a blackberry and it still bugs the shit out of the thing doesn't have a notification light.

Byw there was an update to iOS 6 that came out. If anyone's scoring at home.
  • Options
    Got the iPad mini to replace my home laptop. Might bring it back though and get an iPad just for the size. Replaced my laptop with it and it's going to take some getting used to but overall a nice device.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Got the iPad mini to replace my home laptop. Might bring it back though and get an iPad just for the size. Replaced my laptop with it and it's going to take some getting used to but overall a nice device.

Let us know how that goes. Much as I adore my iPad and rarely boot up my computer these days, I still don't understand how an iPad can replace a laptop.
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Let us know how that goes. Much as I adore my iPad and rarely boot up my computer these days, I still don't understand how an iPad can replace a laptop.

I miss the keyboard. I can tell that's going to be a problem.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    _ wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I miss the keyboard. I can tell that's going to be a problem.

I've gotten pretty used to the iPad keyboard, but I've heard some of the external ones are pretty good.
  • Options
    _ wrote:

I've gotten pretty used to the iPad keyboard, but I've heard some of the external ones are pretty good.

I've thought about those. I'm going to give this a whirl for a few more days....probably end up with an iPad instead and maybe try out one with a keyboard.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    _ wrote:

I've thought about those. I'm going to give this a whirl for a few more days....probably end up with an iPad instead and maybe try out one with a keyboard.

they even got keyboard type stand...where the iPod connects to the keyboard and is upright like a laptop...or you could go bluetooth.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    _ wrote:

they even got keyboard type stand...where the iPod connects to the keyboard and is upright like a laptop...or you could go bluetooth.

I have seen those. I do like the laptop style ones.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I have seen those. I do like the laptop style ones.

I like the keyboard on the iPad...I guess it depends how much typing you

• Options
    DS1119 wrote:

:o:o:o

wonder if there still gainfully employed ... also why would you video tape that :fp: :fp:

I never would buy electronics at wal mart

my brother-in-law used to be a truck driver and he always said electronic items always took a beating before there final destination ... i guess they are well packaged.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

wonder if there still gainfully employed ... also why would you video tape that :fp: :fp:

my brother-in-law used to be a truck driver and he always said electronic items always took a beating before there final destination ... i guess they are well packaged.

Some people are just beyond stupid. :fp:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Some people are just beyond stupid. :fp:

yes they are :lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I didn't click the link so I don't know what y'all are talking about, but for some reason I found the sentence I underlined above to be quite funny. :lol: :oops:
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I didn't click the link so I don't know what y'all are talking about, but for some reason I found the sentence I underlined above to be quite funny. :lol: :oops:

:fp: :lol:
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol:

• Options
    This may make the mini work better for me.

http://www.imore.com/belkin-announces-p ... -ipad-mini
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    DS1119 wrote:

i don't think you'll need a keyboard once you get used to it.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

i don't think you'll need a keyboard once you get used to it.

Going back. I miss a laptop. Maybe I'll keep it and get a laptop...not sure but I need a laptop.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    It definitely doesn't replace a laptop. You'll be able to find some good deals on LAptops this week.

Looked at the nexus 7 for my kids. Wanted to get them iPad minis but 329x2 is just too expensive
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    It definitely doesn't replace a laptop. You'll be able to find some good deals on LAptops this week.

Looked at the nexus 7 for my kids. Wanted to get them iPad minis but 329x2 is just too expensive

Yeah that's what I was thinking as far as deals for a laptop.