iOS 6: New Features, Comments, & iOS 6 for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    DS1119 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    Jealous. Must. Refrain.

I don't want to give up my unlimited data with Verizon which I will have to do when I upgrade...I think. :fp:

up here in the great white north ... your plan stays the same ...

Just another reason to hate Canada. :lol:

not really our data plans can be expensive...however over the last several years they have been coming down ever so slowly.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    lukin2006 wrote:
    not really our data plans can be expensive...however over the last several years they have been coming down ever so slowly.

paying $62 a month taxes and system fees all in with bell now

unlimited text
    1 GB data
    voicemail, call display, 3 way calling, call waiting
    early evenings
    250 daytime mins
    10 favourite numbers
    unilimted video messaging
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I don't want to give up my unlimited data with Verizon which I will have to do when I upgrade...I think. :fp:

only if you buy it with the discount..pay full retail and you stay on the unlimited plan.

Could be worth the full price. Need to look at my data usage.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

unlimited text
    1 GB data
    early evenings
    250 daytime mins
    10 favourite numbers

I assume you got LTE coverage...so that'll be nice. I don't expect to see LTE coverage until the next iPhone comes out.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    just picked up the iphone 5 ... :oops:

thing is absurdly light ...

anyone know if i downloaded all my previous apps using a gmail account whether or not i can assign a different email address to that?

Jealous. Must. Refrain.

You might be able to do it... I upgraded my wife and I's phones about 6 months ago (after verizon ended unlimited data). I upgraded online (me to a 4G android, and her to an iphone 4s). Both transactions, it said our old data plans wouldn't work and to pick a new tiered one. You could hit next without selecting anything, so I did. Both went through, and we still both have unlimited data.

Not sure if they closed that loophole yet.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    just picked up the iphone 5 ... :oops:

thing is absurdly light ...

anyone know if i downloaded all my previous apps using a gmail account whether or not i can assign a different email address to that?

Jealous. Must. Refrain.

You might be able to do it... I upgraded my wife and I's phones about 6 months ago (after verizon ended unlimited data). I upgraded online (me to a 4G android, and her to an iphone 4s). Both transactions, it said our old data plans wouldn't work and to pick a new tiered one. You could hit next without selecting anything, so I did. Both went through, and we still both have unlimited data.

Not sure if they closed that loophole yet.

:think:
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

unlimited text
    1 GB data
    early evenings
    250 daytime mins
    10 favourite numbers

Rogers had a special on not that long ago...pretty much the same except 6 g of data for 60.

Actually I still think its available...it's called the super data pack or something like that.

• Options
    Really really really wish they put an indicator light on this thing.
  • Options
    Used the new map app today...despite a lot of criticism...I must say it worked flawlessly taking me to a vert small rural Ontario town.

Now I'm sure it needs work like transit and walking directions and fixing some of the locations...it will get get there...but the turn by turn was nice.

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Since the update I've noticed my iPhone 4S is very dim when I turn it on. It gets brighter but just really dim at first....
  • Options
    Do Not Disturb rules

How do you do this??
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    you can set your alarm to a specific song. a nice little hidden feature.

Siri sports is good and the bitch has improved a lot since ios 5

Still a #$#@ though

How do you do this??

• Options
    I would like to rename this thread ios6 for dummies :lol::lol: (meaning me,not insulting anyone else :roll: )

• Options
    LloydXmas wrote:

Still a #$#@ though

How do you do this??
    Go to your alarm, hit the + button, then go to sounds and pick a song.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:

Still a #$#@ though

How do you do this??
    Go to your alarm, hit the + button, then go to sounds and pick a song.

That is fucking sweet!! Thanks!!

• Options
    I would like to rename this thread ios6 for dummies :lol::lol: (meaning me,not insulting anyone else :roll: )

That has always been one of my criticisms of Apple. You buy the iPhone...open the box...no manual. Can I get a manual please? :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Since the update I've noticed my iPhone 4S is very dim when I turn it on. It gets brighter but just really dim at first....

mine was like that at first...I went into setting and readjusted brightness...for some reason the update lower my brightness considerably.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

mine was like that at first...I went into setting and readjusted brightness...for some reason the update lower my brightness considerably.
    :cancels optometrist appointment:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

That has always been one of my criticisms of Apple. You buy the iPhone...open the box...no manual. Can I get a manual please? :fp: :lol:

seriously its a phone...what do you need a manual for... ;)I kid :P

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

:cancels optometrist appointment:
    :lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    lukin2006 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Well look at that...
    It did go down. It was right in the middle before.

Maybe they were trying to extend battery life.
  • Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I discover the most about the phone in the bathroom...you know when I'm "wasting time". :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I discover the most about the phone in the bathroom...you know when I'm "wasting time". :lol:
    :lol::lol::lol:

• Options
    Will my alarm still go off when I'm in Do Not Disturb mode?? Or should I just wait and try it for work Mon morn.... :lol:

• Options
    Will my alarm still go off when I'm in Do Not Disturb mode?? Or should I just wait and try it for work Mon morn.... :lol:

Not sure...you could put your phone on do not disturb then set your alarm as a test.

• Options

Just did a test...alarm still goes off...just test yourself to be sure.

• Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    edited September 2012
    Just noticed today that my playlists are gone. :( All the music is still there - just not the playlists. And when I tried to make a new one, I wasn't able to make a smart playlist on the phone. (Maybe this wasn't possible before either, but I thought it was.) I haven't tried to re-sync or anything yet though.

UPDATE: I checked my settings & iTunes Match had been turned off. When I turned it back on, my playlists all showed up again.
    Post edited by _ on
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Really really really wish they put an indicator light on this thing.

What would it indicate?
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

Hey- yeah! I've noticed this too, but somehow didn't associate it with the new update. Duh. :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    Do Not Disturb rules

How do you do this??

It's in your settings. The option to turn it on is one of the main settings, but you have to go to the notifications section (also under settings) to change the settings for the do not disturb feature. (Did that make sense?) So go to Settings --> Notifications --> Do Not Disturb and you can have it automatically turn on based on a schedule (default schedule is 10 PM - 7 AM every night), select a group of people whose calls will come through even when do not disturb is on, and set it to allow calls to come through when the same person calls twice in a row (like in case of an emergency). This last option is brilliant in my opinion.