Options

iOS 6: New Features, Comments, & iOS 6 for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I've given up caring if anyone tracks what I do on the internet. I'm not really that exciting. Track away.
  • Options
    Seems like October 23rd is the day Apple will announce the new iPad mini. This thing should absolutley eliminate the Kindle.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    DS1119 wrote:
    Seems like October 23rd is the day Apple will announce the new iPad mini. This thing should absolutley eliminate the Kindle.

Could depend on price...I'm hearing anywhere from 250-350...I think if its priced under 300 it will probably put a serious hurt on google nexus, samsung and the kindle.

I bought a nexus for work...the 7' is perfect for work...my overall impression is that the OS Android is nowhere near as nice as IOS and as soon the the mini is on sale I'll be replacing it.

Should have no problem selling the nexus right??? it has Android??? All i've heard is how great Android is. I'll find out. Sold my wife's iPad 1 for 300 just last summer and had about 20 people trying to buy it. I'll soon see if google nexus with android holds any resell value or if they're just another device.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Could depend on price...I'm hearing anywhere from 250-350...I think if its priced under 300 it will probably put a serious hurt on google nexus, samsung and the kindle.

I bought a nexus for work...the 7' is perfect for work...my overall impression is that the OS Android is nowhere near as nice as IOS and as soon the the mini is on sale I'll be replacing it.

Should have no problem selling the nexus right??? it has Android??? All i've heard is how great Android is. I'll find out. Sold my wife's iPad 1 for 300 just last summer and had about 20 people trying to buy it. I'll soon see if google nexus with android holds any resell value or if they're just another device.

Keep us posted on how that goes. I'm curious about the resale value of Android too.
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Keep us posted on how that goes. I'm curious about the resale value of Android too.

I shall ... I've had great luck reselling Apple.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm hearing as low as 199 and as high as 299 for the mini iPad.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I'm hearing as low as 199 and as high as 299 for the mini iPad.

They'll sell a ton ... I've read that they plan on producing 5 million in their initial production...if they price it at 199 then all the other 7" tablets are history.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    They'll sell a ton ... I've read that they plan on producing 5 million in their initial production...if they price it at 199 then all the other 7" tablets are history.

It's all speculation until the formal announcement. But if the thing is in fact priced like an iPod but with iPad capabilities...good luck competition. :lol:
  • Options
    Interesting. Still cheap for what it is and what it should be able to do.

http://www.imore.com/ipad-mini-pricing- ... -start-329
  • Options
    JK269010JK269010 Posts: 199
    I'm missing the Youtube app that disappeared from my Ipad2 after the update. Apple swapped it with a clock, who needs that anyway?
  • Options
    JK269010 wrote:
    I'm missing the Youtube app that disappeared from my Ipad2 after the update. Apple swapped it with a clock, who needs that anyway?

There's a youtube app in the appstore. Really not that much different than the native app that was there.
  • Options
    JK269010 wrote:

They no longer include a you tube app automatically.

• Options
    JK269010JK269010 Posts: 199
    DS1119 wrote:
    JK269010 wrote:

There's a youtube app in the appstore. Really not that much different than the native app that was there.

Thanks, don't know why I didn't find it when I searched the appstore prior to posting here.
  • Options
    Big announcement today for those scoring at home for the new iPad mini. :corn:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Big announcement today for those scoring at home for the new iPad mini. :corn:

I don't know if the rumor is true but it's rumored to be the same thickness as iPod touch...plus suppose to be many more announcements today...

It's being streamed on their web site and Apple TV.

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    When does the Maxi ipad or the ipad maxi come out? I want one as big as a pizza box and a pizza box would be a cheap carrying case.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    When does the Maxi ipad or the ipad maxi come out? I want one as big as a pizza box and a pizza box would be a cheap carrying case.

10AM PDT. I'm actually interested in this. This thing could be a major market mover for Apple. Like that already need that anyway. :lol:
  • Options
    329 for the new iPad mini. Quite a steal actually. Competitors should be nervous.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    329 for the new iPad mini. Quite a steal actually. Competitors should be nervous.

Its only 80 more that the google nexus with 16 g storage capacity, they will sell a ton, might pre-order 1 myself.

People who buy Apple generally are willing to pay more for a premium product.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Its only 80 more that the google nexus with 16 g storage capacity, they will sell a ton, might pre-order 1 myself.

People who buy Apple generally are willing to pay more for a premium product.

I've seen articles where Apple isn't making money with it (at least on the sale of the unit itself).
  • Options
    c49f8cc2ce2117e9744f2f605af89d64.jpg

• Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    lukin2006 wrote:
    c49f8cc2ce2117e9744f2f605af89d64.jpg
    I might get this and give my kids the iPad 2.
  • Options
    I can't believe they are already updating the iPad 3 with a processor twice as fast. Apple just doesn't stop. :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    I can't believe they are already updating the iPad 3 with a processor twice as fast. Apple just doesn't stop. :lol:

Technology changes so fast...I've heard some people are pissed...I've got the iPad 3 and its plenty fast enough for what I do with it. I think its only a big deal because Apple tells us their doing this.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

Technology changes so fast...I've heard some people are pissed...I've got the iPad 3 and its plenty fast enough for what I do with it. I think its only a big deal because Apple tells us their doing this.

It's almost getting to the point where leasing Apple stuff might make more sense.
  • Options
    Anyone order the iPad mini yet? :corn:
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I might have to upgrade my iPad 2 to the 4.

My 2 works just fine, but the better screen and processor sound nice! :?
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    Anyone order the iPad mini yet? :corn:

I pre ordered the 16g black/slate myself...

I am replacing my google nexus with this and hope to have it sold by days end. Much prefer IOS to Adroid...plus a a few apps that I use regularly on my wife's iPad crashed on the nexus...

• Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

It's almost getting to the point where leasing Apple stuff might make more sense.

might not be a bad idea...at least Apple holds its value and usually easy to resell.

• Options
    lukin2006 wrote:

might not be a bad idea...at least Apple holds its value and usually easy to resell.

Very very true. It still blows my mind howmuch used iPhone's sell for.