***Petition for 10c to re-stock Benaroya Hall VINYL***

gotsome420gotsome420 Posts: 528
edited October 2012 in The Porch
COME ON PEOPLE ALL WE NEED IS 187 PAGES OF BITCHING TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN

I GOT 99 PROBLEMS BUT A BENNY AINT ONE!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    I'm onboard
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    yes please...I don't care if it isn't pressed in the blood red maroon. I just would like Benny Hall on vinyl.

please and thank-you.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    There are a few dozen threads I can think about starting off the top of my head :twisted:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    edited September 2012
    if you give a mouse a cookie....
    Post edited by kramer73 on
  • SIGNED!
    Porto Alegre '05
    Porto Alegre '11
    Porto Alegre '15
    São Paulo '15
  • thanks everyone lets keep this train a rollin' the sooner we hit page 187 the better!
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    I'm a team player. That would be cool. I like vinyl.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    im in
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • :clap::clap::clap:
    07/22/92 -Bremerton, WA (Lollapalooza) 09/05/93 - George, WA
    12/08/93 - Seattle Center Arena: Seattle, WA 09/16/96 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    07/21/98 07/22/98- Memorial Stadium: Seattle, WA 11/05/00 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA
    10/22/01 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA (Groundwork 2001 Benefit)
    12/09/02 - Key Arena: Seattle, WA 03/18/05 – Paramount Theater, Seattle, WA
    07/22/06 –George, WA,
    09/21/09 09/22/09 - Key Arena, Seattle, WA
    09/03/11 09/04/11 Alpine Valley
    12/6/2013 Key Arena, Seattle, WA
  • -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    :corn: :D
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    count me in
  • I'm all for everyone having access to what they want to listen to or own, but I'm on the fence about reissues, so just to play Devil's Advocate for a brief moment (for which I'm sure I'll get booed clean off the forum)......
    What happens to words like "Limited Edition", "Collectable", "Desirable", "Out of Print" etc. etc.
    Why would we want collect things that EVERYONE had when we could simply borrow it from a pal???
    Where would the hype be to buy something upon release when you knew it was going to be available whenever you wanted it?
    Wouldn't this just create a "Meh" type of attitude???
    There certainly wouldn't be any Grails to speak of......... perhaps with the exception of band signed/used items.
    Merch life would get PRETTY BORING!!!! :roll:
    I have purchased things upon release that are now worth many times more than what I originally paid, and conversely I've paid many times the release price for limited edition items that I dearly wanted and were no longer available - we're always going to have the flip side of the coin. Do you reissue to help those who want the item, but at the same time burn those who paid big money for it?
    I hope EVERYONE gets a Benny on vinyl, or whatever else it is that they want. The only thing that would be great is if manufacturers would reissue/reprint the item in a different, plain, no frills format so as not to detract from or impact the original's accrued value or desirability too heavily. Kudos to Ten Club for the package change on the PJ20 3 Disc reissue!!!
    If you all lived next to me I'd let you borrow my Benny ;)

Perhaps I'm the only one who has these thoughts... I guess I'll find out here quickly :corn:

I for one am petitioning Dodge to reissue the 1969 Charger 500 with the 4-speed 426 Hemi for the original price of just $4490.00. Only 186 more pages of names to go :fp:
    Cheers!
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    may I hitch my wagon to this thread?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Aussie357 wrote:
    I'm all for everyone having access to what they want to listen to or own, but I'm on the fence about reissues, so just to play Devil's Advocate for a brief moment (for which I'm sure I'll get booed clean off the forum)......
    What happens to words like "Limited Edition", "Collectable", "Desirable", "Out of Print" etc. etc.
    Why would we want collect things that EVERYONE had when we could simply borrow it from a pal???
    Where would the hype be to buy something upon release when you knew it was going to be available whenever you wanted it?
    Wouldn't this just create a "Meh" type of attitude???
    There certainly wouldn't be any Grails to speak of......... perhaps with the exception of band signed/used items.
    Merch life would get PRETTY BORING!!!! :roll:
    I have purchased things upon release that are now worth many times more than what I originally paid, and conversely I've paid many times the release price for limited edition items that I dearly wanted and were no longer available - we're always going to have the flip side of the coin. Do you reissue to help those who want the item, but at the same time burn those who paid big money for it?
    I hope EVERYONE gets a Benny on vinyl, or whatever else it is that they want. The only thing that would be great is if manufacturers would reissue/reprint the item in a different, plain, no frills format so as not to detract from or impact the original's accrued value or desirability too heavily. Kudos to Ten Club for the package change on the PJ20 3 Disc reissue!!!
    If you all lived next to me I'd let you borrow my Benny ;)

Perhaps I'm the only one who has these thoughts... I guess I'll find out here quickly :corn:

I for one am petitioning Dodge to reissue the 1969 Charger 500 with the 4-speed 426 Hemi for the original price of just $4490.00. Only 186 more pages of names to go :fp:
    Cheers!

"Merch life" thats gonna be our gangs tattoo Chad, curled right across the beer gut... ;)

Oh... I agree with Aussie.. Until I trade my Benny and need a replacement. :?
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
  • Benaroya Hall, was announced as a special limited edition pressing. they even gave the quantity as to how limited it was. There was a fair warning of its release, it was available for sale many hours after it was released.

If you missed it, you missed it. Don't dilute the term from 'limited release' to 'limited to what we can sell'.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • If you missed it, you missed it. Don't dilute the term from 'limited release' to 'limited to what we can sell'.

+1
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • "Merch life" thats gonna be our gangs tattoo Chad, curled right across the beer gut... ;)

LOVE IT!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • I'm in
    Benaroya Hall, was announced as a special limited edition pressing. they even gave the quantity as to how limited it was. There was a fair warning of its release, it was available for sale many hours after it was released.

If you missed it, you missed it. Don't dilute the term from 'limited release' to 'limited to what we can sell'.

Outside of the bolded text the same can apply to the 3 disc set my friend! Benny sold out faster than the 3 disc set!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Benaroya Hall, was announced as a special limited edition pressing. they even gave the quantity as to how limited it was. There was a fair warning of its release, it was available for sale many hours after it was released.

cool..and where is exactly the problem to release it again as an unlimited edition this time?

this happened 8 years ago..alot wasnt members then..i dont see any problem to have a chance to own it,not in the 1st limited edition..but a second release,unlimited..
    i dont see the problem..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • gibbits wrote:

Outside of the bolded text the same can apply to the 3 disc set my friend! Benny sold out faster than the 3 disc set!

exaclty...the lack a transparency from the 10 Club, caused the issue. Makes all the difference. Benaroya had no confusion over what limited meant. Blu-Ray deluxe did which was unfair to the buyer and that gives this rerelease some merit.
  • I'll buy that
  • Everyone is entitiled to their own opinon, hell i could care less if they re-press it on black vinyl so you can keep your red limited edition vinyl. Come here on lost dogs set a $2000 price tag "because it's sealed it's worth it"
    why the fuck is a sealed benny worth 1400? Because some asshole (no offence?) decided to post it on lost dogs and no one argued with them? last year these were going for 900-1000 sealed now all of a sudden its worth 1400? no wonder theres so many bennys for sale now :(
  • Benaroya Hall, was announced as a special limited edition pressing. they even gave the quantity as to how limited it was. There was a fair warning of its release, it was available for sale many hours after it was released.

cool..and where is exactly the problem to release it again as an unlimited edition this time?

this happened 8 years ago..alot wasnt members then..i dont see any problem to have a chance to own it,not in the 1st limited edition..but a second release,unlimited..
    i dont see the problem..

Exactly, people weren't members then, they missed out for not being members then. The problem with a second run is no matter what, it dilutes the integrity behind the first pressing of the album.

i dont see the problem..

Exactly, people weren't members then, they missed out for not being members then. The problem with a second run is no matter what, it dilutes the integrity behind the first pressing of the album.

So i take it you are against the Ten VS and Vitalogy re-issues as well then?
  • Fact of the matter is the original, as I believe also the deluxe PJ20 were advertised and sold as "limited edition" . Therefore it would be false advertising on the part of ten club if it were to be "re-issued"..Hence the different packaging on the new PJ20 deluxe. It would be cool to have another copy of Benny on vinyl..But since it was released 8 years ago its nostalgia is already there. The blu ray deluxe is a baby..Nobody cares that this was re issued except the flippers. Benny is a true collectors item, the blu ray was not. I mean cmon..my 8 year old can burn me a copy in 12 minutes....
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

MLMF NYC
    gibbits wrote:

exaclty...the lack a transparency from the 10 Club, caused the issue. Makes all the difference. Benaroya had no confusion over what limited meant. Blu-Ray deluxe did which was unfair to the buyer and that gives this rerelease some merit.

Limited - Restricted in size, amount, or extent; few, small, or short: "a limited number of places are available".

Nothing the 10C can do will change this definition. Your argument holds no weight.
  • gotsome420 wrote:

So i take it you are against the Ten VS and Vitalogy re-issues as well then?

Nope, the 1st run was never ran as a special limited edition pressing.
  • gibbits wrote:

Limited - Restricted in size, amount, or extent; few, small, or short: "a limited number of places are available".

Nothing the 10C can do will change this definition. Your argument holds no weight.

Yes, that is the standard definition of limited, but the entertainment industry has built a reputation of using the word 'limited' as a marketing ploy to get people to buy the more expensive version to the point that limited means nothing without a solid number to stand behind the term limited. In marketing, 'limited' has just become an arbitrary phrase for deluxe.

Moreover, to do reissues of collectible albums further takes away from the standard definition of limited and continues prove that limited never really means limited.
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    please and thank you.