Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

***Petition for 10c to re-stock Benaroya Hall VINYL***

2456

Comments

  • Fact of the matter is the original, as I believe also the deluxe PJ20 were advertised and sold as "limited edition" . Therefore it would be false advertising on the part of ten club if it were to be "re-issued"..Hence the different packaging on the new PJ20 deluxe. It would be cool to have another copy of Benny on vinyl..But since it was released 8 years ago its nostalgia is already there. The blu ray deluxe is a baby..Nobody cares that this was re issued except the flippers. Benny is a true collectors item, the blu ray was not. I mean cmon..my 8 year old can burn me a copy in 12 minutes....


    You must own a Benny meaning you don't want it re-issued? Now does that make you a flipper seeing how is decreases the value of an item your sitting on? If you are'nt a "flippper" why would'nt you be all for this being reissued? 10C isnt going to get you to ship your copy back so they can ship it to me they'll just simply make more of them available for sale, if you aren't going to sell your Benny at an inflated price I don't see the issue.
  • Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    Aussie357 wrote:
    I'm all for everyone having access to what they want to listen to or own, but I'm on the fence about reissues, so just to play Devil's Advocate for a brief moment (for which I'm sure I'll get booed clean off the forum)......
    What happens to words like "Limited Edition", "Collectable", "Desirable", "Out of Print" etc. etc.
    Why would we want collect things that EVERYONE had when we could simply borrow it from a pal???
    Where would the hype be to buy something upon release when you knew it was going to be available whenever you wanted it?
    Wouldn't this just create a "Meh" type of attitude???
    There certainly wouldn't be any Grails to speak of......... perhaps with the exception of band signed/used items.
    Merch life would get PRETTY BORING!!!! :roll:
    I have purchased things upon release that are now worth many times more than what I originally paid, and conversely I've paid many times the release price for limited edition items that I dearly wanted and were no longer available - we're always going to have the flip side of the coin. Do you reissue to help those who want the item, but at the same time burn those who paid big money for it?
    I hope EVERYONE gets a Benny on vinyl, or whatever else it is that they want. The only thing that would be great is if manufacturers would reissue/reprint the item in a different, plain, no frills format so as not to detract from or impact the original's accrued value or desirability too heavily. Kudos to Ten Club for the package change on the PJ20 3 Disc reissue!!!
    If you all lived next to me I'd let you borrow my Benny ;)

    Perhaps I'm the only one who has these thoughts... I guess I'll find out here quickly :corn:

    I for one am petitioning Dodge to reissue the 1969 Charger 500 with the 4-speed 426 Hemi for the original price of just $4490.00. Only 186 more pages of names to go :fp:
    Cheers!
    Yes, lets keep these as special... the 50$ album sold on this site, the special albums that now go for 500$ or 2000$ on ebay.

    You seem to speak from the position of the seller, not the buyer.

    I would buy one and listen to it. Not hold it hostage unopened in most cases on ebay. Like the scum who do it now.

    Just to make infinite profit.

    Although PJ these days seems to share your vested interest that Greed (in fact) is good.

    So no, don't keep it limited and immediately make all those other Benny's as valuable as mine would be. 100$ because it will be hard to get, but not that hard anymore.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I am in. Restock what I have noticed so many people are not opening. How can a person buy vinyl and not open it? Ahhhhhh!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • gotsome420 wrote:
    Fact of the matter is the original, as I believe also the deluxe PJ20 were advertised and sold as "limited edition" . Therefore it would be false advertising on the part of ten club if it were to be "re-issued"..Hence the different packaging on the new PJ20 deluxe. It would be cool to have another copy of Benny on vinyl..But since it was released 8 years ago its nostalgia is already there. The blu ray deluxe is a baby..Nobody cares that this was re issued except the flippers. Benny is a true collectors item, the blu ray was not. I mean cmon..my 8 year old can burn me a copy in 12 minutes....


    You must own a Benny meaning you don't want it re-issued? Now does that make you a flipper seeing how is decreases the value of an item your sitting on? If you are'nt a "flippper" why would'nt you be all for this being reissued? 10C isnt going to get you to ship your copy back so they can ship it to me they'll just simply make more of them available for sale, if you aren't going to sell your Benny at an inflated price I don't see the issue.

    Yes. I am an owner. I did say I want another right? And my Benny IS up for sale/trade as well :lol: . Am I a flipper because of that? No..I am a collector. I couldn't ship my Benny back to 10c because I didnt get mine from 10c. I think I traded around $800-$1000 worth collectibles for it here. And I'm now at a point where other things are peaking my interests more. So as a collector I trade/sell to get what I want. I was only making a point on "limited edition". I would welcome a new Benny pressing with open arms and a clean needle ready to spin it. But as I meant and others have said..WTF would limited edition mean anymore if its really not ? To assume I am "sitting" on my Benny is silly. I am sitting on my ass. So to clarify your statement..Only "flippers" can have the opinion of no reissues? That's not even my opinion but that is what you've indicated... If so I apologize and will remember to keep my opinion to myself from now on. Stupid free will.... :fp:
    "It's so nice to hear that in other parts of the world, the stress- borne from envy- that one finds for themselves is the animosity they develop towards a person selling a box of records. How fortunate!" ~ Thirty Bills Unpaid

    MLMF NYC
  • Tboz51 wrote:
    Aussie357 wrote:
    I'm all for everyone having access to what they want to listen to or own, but I'm on the fence about reissues, so just to play Devil's Advocate for a brief moment (for which I'm sure I'll get booed clean off the forum)......
    What happens to words like "Limited Edition", "Collectable", "Desirable", "Out of Print" etc. etc.
    Why would we want collect things that EVERYONE had when we could simply borrow it from a pal???
    Where would the hype be to buy something upon release when you knew it was going to be available whenever you wanted it?
    Wouldn't this just create a "Meh" type of attitude???
    There certainly wouldn't be any Grails to speak of......... perhaps with the exception of band signed/used items.
    Merch life would get PRETTY BORING!!!! :roll:
    I have purchased things upon release that are now worth many times more than what I originally paid, and conversely I've paid many times the release price for limited edition items that I dearly wanted and were no longer available - we're always going to have the flip side of the coin. Do you reissue to help those who want the item, but at the same time burn those who paid big money for it?
    I hope EVERYONE gets a Benny on vinyl, or whatever else it is that they want. The only thing that would be great is if manufacturers would reissue/reprint the item in a different, plain, no frills format so as not to detract from or impact the original's accrued value or desirability too heavily. Kudos to Ten Club for the package change on the PJ20 3 Disc reissue!!!
    If you all lived next to me I'd let you borrow my Benny ;)

    Perhaps I'm the only one who has these thoughts... I guess I'll find out here quickly :corn:

    I for one am petitioning Dodge to reissue the 1969 Charger 500 with the 4-speed 426 Hemi for the original price of just $4490.00. Only 186 more pages of names to go :fp:
    Cheers!
    Yes, lets keep these as special... the 50$ album sold on this site, the special albums that now go for 500$ or 2000$ on ebay.

    You seem to speak from the position of the seller, not the buyer.

    I would buy one and listen to it. Not hold it hostage unopened in most cases on ebay. Like the scum who do it now.

    Just to make infinite profit.

    Although PJ these days seems to share your vested interest that Greed (in fact) is good.

    So no, don't keep it limited and immediately make all those other Benny's as valuable as mine would be. 100$ because it will be hard to get, but not that hard anymore.

    Well, my original post was simply to encourage peoples' opinions, whether negative or positive, from a different point of view - not cast aspersions or judgement.
    In saying that, unfortunately you don't know me, and if you did you'd know that greed has NO part in my vocabulary. So aside from being very disappointed in your rash judgement, I'd appreciate it if you didn't insinuate that I have "vested interests" in greed, or make unfounded assumptions.
    I am not buying OR selling, but just so you know I do own a Benny. It's open, I bought it from a fellow member in the last 12 months, and I paid big $$$ for it. I'll probably never sell it, and I definitely didn't buy it with making a profit in mind.
    Personally I like the fact that there are limited edition items - If it wasn't for limited editions, the challenge of trying to obtain them, and the simple fact that a lot of them are just plain cool (and rare) I'd probably just sell my collection. But I'm all for re-issues as I stated. I just think that they should not be the same as the original.
    Different points of view and discussion are healthy things.
    Congratulations on your upcoming family addition too! If it's a boy, I'd go with Chad ;)
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • signed for sure
  • gotsome420 wrote:
    Fact of the matter is the original, as I believe also the deluxe PJ20 were advertised and sold as "limited edition" . Therefore it would be false advertising on the part of ten club if it were to be "re-issued"..Hence the different packaging on the new PJ20 deluxe. It would be cool to have another copy of Benny on vinyl..But since it was released 8 years ago its nostalgia is already there. The blu ray deluxe is a baby..Nobody cares that this was re issued except the flippers. Benny is a true collectors item, the blu ray was not. I mean cmon..my 8 year old can burn me a copy in 12 minutes....


    You must own a Benny meaning you don't want it re-issued? Now does that make you a flipper seeing how is decreases the value of an item your sitting on? If you are'nt a "flippper" why would'nt you be all for this being reissued? 10C isnt going to get you to ship your copy back so they can ship it to me they'll just simply make more of them available for sale, if you aren't going to sell your Benny at an inflated price I don't see the issue.

    Yes. I am an owner. I did say I want another right? And my Benny IS up for sale/trade as well :lol: . Am I a flipper because of that? No..I am a collector. I couldn't ship my Benny back to 10c because I didnt get mine from 10c. I think I traded around $800-$1000 worth collectibles for it here. And I'm now at a point where other things are peaking my interests more. So as a collector I trade/sell to get what I want. I was only making a point on "limited edition". I would welcome a new Benny pressing with open arms and a clean needle ready to spin it. But as I meant and others have said..WTF would limited edition mean anymore if its really not ? To assume I am "sitting" on my Benny is silly. I am sitting on my ass. So to clarify your statement..Only "flippers" can have the opinion of no reissues? That's not even my opinion but that is what you've indicated... If so I apologize and will remember to keep my opinion to myself from now on. Stupid free will.... :fp:

    lol feel free to express your opinion freely. We're just having a little friendly debate here. Infact i believe I've bought some vinyl off of you before for very reasonable prices. Did'nt mean to offend you just misunderstood your point and jumped to an unfair conclusion!!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 137,363
    Benaroya Hall, was announced as a special limited edition pressing. they even gave the quantity as to how limited it was. There was a fair warning of its release, it was available for sale many hours after it was released.

    If you missed it, you missed it. Don't dilute the term from 'limited release' to 'limited to what we can sell'.
    cool..and where is exactly the problem to release it again as an unlimited edition this time?

    this happened 8 years ago..alot wasnt members then..i dont see any problem to have a chance to own it,not in the 1st limited edition..but a second release,unlimited..
    i dont see the problem..

    Exactly, people weren't members then, they missed out for not being members then. The problem with a second run is no matter what, it dilutes the integrity behind the first pressing of the album.
    will be like vs and ten release..
    would be cool for people have it..
    1st edition of the 2000 copies will be always special..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CAPosts: 829
    Benaroya Hall, was announced as a special limited edition pressing. they even gave the quantity as to how limited it was. There was a fair warning of its release, it was available for sale many hours after it was released.

    If you missed it, you missed it. Don't dilute the term from 'limited release' to 'limited to what we can sell'.
    cool..and where is exactly the problem to release it again as an unlimited edition this time?

    this happened 8 years ago..alot wasnt members then..i dont see any problem to have a chance to own it,not in the 1st limited edition..but a second release,unlimited..
    i dont see the problem..

    I think you have the right thinking on this one Dimi. 8-)

    I'm all in... :corn:
  • Count me in too! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • CarneviLCarneviL Sounds Great PlacePosts: 157
    C'mon 10c.
    It's not so much that we want it.
    We Need It.
    We need our fixer!!! :!:
    I see the sound, in waves!
  • I am in :thumbup:
  • wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    would be nice .........we need more vinyl
    ajb
  • I'll buy a copy for sure!!!!!
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13
  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 33,783
    PLEASE!!!!!!!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 10 year Anniversary Edition for 2013 works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (Gives them a reason to Re-release it) :-) ;)
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13
  • NamiNami NewfoundlandPosts: 5,843
    pretty please!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 48,162
    :lol: Maybe this time next year our dedication will once again pay off! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 137,363
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 67,064
    10 year Anniversary Edition for 2013 works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (Gives them a reason to Re-release it) :-) ;)

    Wouldn't 10th year edition come out in 2014? The vinyl was pressed & released in 2004.
    But yeah, show was 10/22/03.
  • deftonesdeftones Athens, GreecePosts: 2,443
    Do it please :D
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Yes please thank you.

    :D
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • demetrios wrote:
    10 year Anniversary Edition for 2013 works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (Gives them a reason to Re-release it) :-) ;)

    Wouldn't 10th year edition come out in 2014? The vinyl was pressed & released in 2004.
    But yeah, show was 10/22/03.

    I was thinking show date..gives them about 1 year and a month to press, package, and ship :)
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPROPosts: 137,363
    woot
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • smcleishsmcleish OxfordPosts: 137
    woot woot

    I'm in :)
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 18,855
    If it's done, I want a 10 day heads up from management so I can unload mine while the market is still high.

    :ugeek:
  • They do need to do this. After the PJ20 re-release crap they just pulled there is no reason why they wouldn't re-release a vinyl fans have to pay over a $1000 for. Put it in a new package and release it. After all...if a movie deserves re-release I would think actual music deserves it more.
  • demetriosdemetrios canadaPosts: 67,064
    demetrios wrote:
    10 year Anniversary Edition for 2013 works for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (Gives them a reason to Re-release it) :-) ;)

    Wouldn't 10th year edition come out in 2014? The vinyl was pressed & released in 2004.
    But yeah, show was 10/22/03.

    I was thinking show date..gives them about 1 year and a month to press, package, and ship :)

    Ah! With that amount of time, they can do it then! :)
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,668
    Please rerelease Benny!!!!

    Please rerelease all your old vinyl for that matter. It doesn't have to be remastered..just use the original plates and put them out there. :) A band that claims to love vinyl so much shouldn't have its vinyl so hard to find that you have to pay 100s or even over 1000 on the secondary market for a record. 8-)
    4/05/03, 4/06/03, 6/09/03, 10/22/03, 12/07/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 5/20/06, 5/22/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, (EV) 6/20/09, 10/04/09, 10/06/09, 10/07/09, 10/09/09, 5/03/10, 5/04/10, 5/06/10, 5/07/10, (EV) 7/11/11, (EV) 7/12/11, 9/03/11, 9/04/11, 9/30/12,
  • Better Dan wrote:
    Please rerelease Benny!!!!

    Please rerelease all your old vinyl for that matter. It doesn't have to be remastered..just use the original plates and put them out there. :) A band that claims to love vinyl so much shouldn't have its vinyl so hard to find that you have to pay 100s or even over 1000 on the secondary market for a record. 8-)

    Agree with this 100 percent!! :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
Sign In or Register to comment.