Options

***Petition for 10c to re-stock Benaroya Hall VINYL***

Comments

• Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    veddertown wrote:
    This idea is all well and good but what next if it comes off? Please re-stock all the Xmas singles? Is Benny not made more special by being a true collectors piece? I think in the case of the PJ20 deluxe they should probably have made more in the first place so it's more understandable but Benny was 9 years ago...

Benny Hall is special because it's the quintessential Pearl Jam show!!
    This show gets more beautiful every time I listen and that's a few times a month. I have to hold off sometimes just so I don't take it for granted.

I would love spinning this on my turntable even if it's not an original pressing. :D
  • Options
    I'm in for a second edition of the Benaroya Hall show on vinyl. When you think about it 2,000 isn't alot considering the amount of their fans, many who may not have know about it before they were gone. The first release would always be tops, like any great book.
  • Options
    rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Yes, please. :thumbup:
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    YES!!!!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    H.Chinaski wrote:
    YES!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,848
    dawitchdoc wrote:
    I'm in for a second edition of the Benaroya Hall show on vinyl. When you think about it 2,000 isn't alot considering the amount of their fans, many who may not have know about it before they were gone. The first release would always be tops, like any great book.

Oh many knew about it. It was posted here for day's before it's release @ midnight Seattle time back in '04. It took 8 hours to sell out.

benaroyahallvinylorder.jpg
  • Options
    bumpito
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,166
    demetrios wrote:
    Oh many knew about it. It was posted here for day's before it's release @ midnight Seattle time back in '04. It took 8 hours to sell out.

I think it took longer than 8 hours to sellout. I think I bought on the evening after it came out. I remember going onto the website at 12am and having issues. I was also really broke as I was a student. This gave me way to much time to think about it.. lol.

I ended up going on the website the next night (about 20 hours later) and was able to order a copy. I think it sold out in 24-48 hours.

As for whether or not it should be reissued. I'm torn. It's kind of cool to have something rare and valuable. At the same time it would nice if everyone could have one.

I'm going to go completely selfish on this one and say I don't want it reissued. The fact that is rare and valuable adds to my experience everytime I'm brave enough to put it in the turntable :)
  • Options
    Zod wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I think it took longer than 8 hours to sellout. I think I bought on the evening after it came out. I remember going onto the website at 12am and having issues. I was also really broke as I was a student. This gave me way to much time to think about it.. lol.

I ended up going on the website the next night (about 20 hours later) and was able to order a copy. I think it sold out in 24-48 hours.

As for whether or not it should be reissued. I'm torn. It's kind of cool to have something rare and valuable. At the same time it would nice if everyone could have one.

I'm going to go completely selfish on this one and say I don't want it reissued. The fact that is rare and valuable adds to my experience everytime I'm brave enough to put it in the turntable :)

I remembered it being lunch break where I checked the status @ work and it was sold out. I don't believe it was 2 day's on this one.

If they do ever do a reissue, I just hope it's a different colored pressing. Say in marble blue. But make it more then two thousand copies.
  • Options
    i would certainly buy one. i don't think they are fretting about demand.
  • Options
    i would certainly buy one. i don't think they are fretting about demand.

That's a fact. There won't be any problems to sell out these copies.
  • Options
    I would like one please, to open & enjoy.
    How about orange? Orange would be nice.
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I would like one please, to open & enjoy.
    How about orange? Orange would be nice.

I don't care about the color or packaging at all...just release it! :)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    This "debate" is stupid. The first pressing will always be the first pressing.

Nothing can change that so stop being such fucking nerds. Congratulations, you are officially special.

Now, support a re-release so more people can own a copy of the show in the format they want to hear it on.

Also, then you can buy a second copy to spin on your record player and you don't have to ever take your dick out of the original's spindle hole.

Everyone wins.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    october22 wrote:
    Also, then you can buy a second copy to spin on your record player and you don't have to ever take your dick out of the original's spindle hole.

Everyone wins.

:lol::clap:

ah, that's the funniest shit i have read on this board in a long time.

rerelease please!
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    october22 wrote:

Everyone wins.

I am running out of vinyl disc cleaner... :oops:
    homemade-record-cleaning-800x800.jpg
    i like sound...
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    I think both sides of this are valid. For the people who don't own a Benny, obviously a reissue would be great. For the people who are fortunate enough to own one already, regardless of the price they paid, it would obviously be kind of a bummer to see something so special and sought-after become diluted with reprints. Even the bitter few who are angry about the inflated prices of these can surely see that aspect of it, right? As a long time collector (and listener) of PJ vinyl, I think the thrill of collecting and obtaining something so beautiful and rare is why people do it. It's what turns a hobby into a passion. (Here's where I might upset some people...) With the Benaroya Hall LP becoming the "holy grail" it has, everyone now wants one, but I don't think nearly as many people would have become so obsessed with getting a Benny in the first place if they could've just picked one up at will. That's why things are always so easy to buy new before they sell out. Look at PJ20 and the backpacks. Neither one of things sold out immediately, but when they did the prices skyrocketed. I've bought every PJ LP when they got released with no problem, but once they were gone, suddenly everyone wanted them. As a Benny Hall owner, I can say I would have no problem with a reissue because I've never collected for profit, but I'd totally get why some people wouldn't want that.

While we're at it, how about a reissue of Vs on translucent blue vinyl? Or better yet, I'll trade my Benny for one!
  • Options
    YardenYarden Posts: 820
    i just started getting into vinyl heavily in the last couple of years or so.. if i would've been into it at the time and aware it was being released i would've definitely ordered one but i was very young and not even in the 10C.. so it would be very cool if i could get the chance to have one..
    also, i don't think people should pay more than 100$ for a record (i get it if it's big boxsets and such..)..
    please re-stock it. Thanks!
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    It's hypocritical that a band who preaches vinyl so much to their fans doesn't re-release the rest of their back catalog. There doesn't need to be grand announcements. The Foo Fighters did their fans justice by just re-releasing everything. All of their albums are $20 now. Nothing should be limited but they seem to enjoy that.

Again, release Benaroya on black vinyl in 4 stamped sleeves. That way people can still have their special boxset and all that.

And it's even more outrageous that a band who preaches vinyl so much doesn't press their vinyl from their highest quality source. We all lose in both regards. I'm not even sure why PJ vinyl is so sought after after learning that.
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    camaros wrote:
    october22 wrote:

Everyone wins.

I am running out of vinyl disc cleaner... :oops:
    homemade-record-cleaning-800x800.jpg

HaahHahah, you sick bastard
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:
    I

Again, release Benaroya on black vinyl in 4 stamped sleeves. That way people can still have their special boxset and all that.

And it's even more outrageous that a band who preaches vinyl so much doesn't press their vinyl from their highest quality source. We all lose in both regards. I'm not even sure why PJ vinyl is so sought after after learning that.

I don't the original would be all that special if they did a barebones rerelease. That aspect of the original would be gone. You'd have a first pressing, but the 2nd pressing would dilute it.

When Benaroya came out it was very limited edition in the first place. 2000 hand numbered copies. It's not like the other PJ albums where the scarcity of supply was unintentional. The Benaroya release was limited on purpose.

If PJ were to rerelease it (even if barebones) the original set becomes ways less significant and sought after. It would lose its collectors charm.

It would be like PJ rereleasing old concert posters.... they wouldn't be rare anymore.

I'm torn on this one. While it would be great for every pearl jam fan to acquire the rare PJ items. Collecting is kind of fun, and it feels legendary when you acquire a holy grail item. If they went back through their catalog and reissued every rare item that ever came out it would kind of take the fun out of it for collectors?
  • Options
    i dont know. I have an original Into the Wild which is twice as rare as a Benaroya. I didn't care at all when represses and bootlegs started appearing. The album is too good not to be enjoyed like that. I love being able to say that i have first pressing but i'd never sell it anyway so I don't care that it's only worth $200 now and not $500.

A lot of people would be in favor of some random company doing a Benaroya bootleg on vinyl.
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    Yarden wrote:
    i just started getting into vinyl heavily in the last couple of years or so.. if i would've been into it at the time and aware it was being released i would've definitely ordered one but i was very young and not even in the 10C.. so it would be very cool if i could get the chance to have one..
    also, i don't think people should pay more than 100$ for a record (i get it if it's big boxsets and such..)..
    please re-stock it. Thanks!

I was too young to know anything about the stock market when Apple came out, otherwise I would've bought a bunch of shares. That "missed the boat" logic can be applied to anything, but that's not how the world works.
  • Options
    First pressings will always have their collectors. There's bands that have five pressings out and the first and second ones still go for tons.

Pearl Jam is only hurting themselves when vinyl is exploding the past few years and they're the one band that you can't find on the shelf. Repress them and actually press them correctly this time for optimal sound quality.
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    How many pages is it going to take 10C? Let's get going already!!!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    mr_canada wrote:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 wrote:
    mr_canada wrote:
  • Options
    I don't think they will re-release it. It's limited release was always intentional. It's not like 2000 copies was alot when it was originally released. It sold out in about a day? I don't think there was ever an intention to give it a widespread release.

It's different than the other albums. The other albums are only rare on vinyl because vinyl demand was low when they did their pressings. The demand built up over time as Vinyl became more popular making them rare.