Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Heisenberg wrote:
    The Superlab print isn't too bad on ebay. there is one for $125

:think: That's not too bad...decisions..decisions.
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Less than 3 hours. :corn:
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    DS1119 wrote:
    SOmething big is going to happen tonight to lead into the season finale.

Here's a weird and twisted thought and it's just random. Skylar tells her sister about Walt...before she can tell her husband...Walt offs her.

I like the way you think, something is about to go down tonight! :corn:
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    dougfloyd wrote:
    something is about to go down tonight! :corn:

:shock:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Wow!!

Wow!

• "Say my name" shows that Walt is gone and then what he does to Mike. WTF is Jessie gonna think about it?
    Memorial Stadium, Seattle - Jul 21 22, 1998
    Key Arena - Nov 05, 2000
    Gorge Amphitheater - Sep 01, 2005, Jul 22,23, 2006
    Key Arena - Sept 21,22, 2009
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3, 4 2011
    Damn. Another great opening scene...SAY MY NAME. You know Heisenberg has to be pissed that he couldn't convince Jesse to say, but I guess Todd was a quick replacement. Does anyone else get the feeling that something's up with Todd ( I mean besides the fact that he kills kids...) I don't know..I just get a weird feeling about that guy...that he doesn't want to talk about money until he gets the cook method down... :corn:
    i don't remember it ending like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_fcdP0UVqw
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    afroannnie wrote:
    Damn. Another great opening scene...SAY MY NAME. You know Heisenberg has to be pissed that he couldn't convince Jesse to say, but I guess Todd was a quick replacement. Does anyone else get the feeling that something's up with Todd ( I mean besides the fact that he kills kids...) I don't know..I just get a weird feeling about that guy...that he doesn't want to talk about money until he gets the cook method down... :corn:

This show has really nailed down the opening scenes....so many memorable ones over the course of the series.

Definitely think there is something up with Todd....if you're willing to get into this type of business, it's all about the money. For him to say he didn't want any money yet was surprising.

Bummed that Mike is gone. He had become one of my fav characters and really had a chance to shine this season.
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    :o
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    [

Definitely think there is something up with Todd....if you're willing to get into this type of business, it's all about the money. For him to say he didn't want any money yet was surprising.

Todd is playing dumb. For someone who purports to be somewhat clueless chemistry-wise, he seems pretty good at taking notes. He probably has and is getting a way better understanding of everything than Walt has any clue about. Delaying money talk is designed to put Walt off guard, and then once Todd has a good understanding about how it all works, who knows where he will take this cook information?

Yeah I'll miss Mike too. The acting around the scene when he decides to leave his grand-daughter is pretty amazing.

I am so scared for Jesse.... I want this all to end well for him, but the way things go on this show I think they won't.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Any thoughts on the possibility of Todd exploiting Walt's recipe and cook information to make a fortune for himself?

Then it would be up to Walter to take care of that issue. Walk acted on impulse last night with Mike and I think he immediately regretted his decision, possibly only because he realized it wasn't imperative because Lydia still has the info he needs.

In any case, I think Walter doesn't want to go down the road without Jesse. I think Jesse makes Walt feel comfortable within the walls of the wrong-doing and immoral decisions he makes. That complex of "I won't feel as guilty if I'm not the only guilty one." I am happy to see Jesse standing up to Walt's manipulation. Walter has no concern for Jesse other than his concern to keep Jesse around to benefit himself.

At this point, I despise Walter and I feel that everything bad coming his way he has brought upon himself. Mike laid it out pretty well last night as his final words. It only infuriated Walter.

Walter is blinded by his ego, and his ambition. An ambition he doesn't need. He could save himself, his soul, and his family (but certainly not his marriage) if he would swallow his pride and walk away.

I can understand that Walter is living a life that was virtually out of reach before his cancer. He's enjoying the excitement in his life in comparison to his mundane existance earlier in the show... but all that is coming and has come with a price.

I think it's funny that Walter stresses that he (or they) are in control, but really he is not. There are too many outside variables that are due to fuck him sooner or later. We saw the triumphant rise, now it's time to watch his triumphant fall.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    I tend to root for the bad guys, so I have been pulling for Walk up until now. But, Mike was just too awesome. Mixed feelings for Walt now.
    afroannnie wrote:
    i don't remember it ending like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_fcdP0UVqw

Well taht would have been different. :lol:
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    When Walt shot at Mike at the end and the car sped off, at first I thought it may have missed. The last thing in the world you're gonna want is Mike coming after you! :lol:
    That final scene was great though!
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I tend to root for the bad guys, so I have been pulling for Walk up until now. But, Mike was just too awesome. Mixed feelings for Walt now.

Me too.
    Skyler still sux tho :lol:

No Walt Jr. for a whole 2 episodes now :think:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

No Walt Jr. for a whole 2 episodes now :think:

hint, hint
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    As soon as I saw that note from Mike to his grandaughter with the money, I knew he wasnt making it past this episode alive.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    As soon as I saw that note from Mike to his grandaughter with the money, I knew he wasnt making it past this episode alive.

I didn't realize it until I saw Walt open the getaway bag and saw the gun lying on top, then I knew it was over. I just hope Jesse survives the rest of the season. I also haven't had a good feeling about Todd since he was first introduced, not sure where that is going yet.

This series is so amazing, think how much the characters Walt and Jesse have changed since the first season. I'll be sad when it ends.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i knew mike was dead when he was watching that movie when the DEA was searching his place. The last thing you heard from the movie was something like "and they found him dead" as mike was on screen.

im sad hes dad. reminds me of my gramps
  • that shooting scene was, although obviously tragic and horrible, was filmed and executed perfectly by the filmmakers and everyone involved. The hollowed out post nuclear bomb type woozy sounding music that faded in and out as walt realized what he'd done and then the car hits the tree. Brilliant end to the episode. All hell is going to break loose to end the season. Whats everyones guess? Will hank find out about walt? Will jessie discover the secrets walt has hid from him in past seasons? Will the DEA find something on Walt?
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    megatron wrote:
    im sad hes dead. reminds me of my gramps
    :D "pop-pop"

You must go to AMC.com and look at the short 4 min video of the behind the scenes making of that episode. "Mike Ermhentrout" is torn up to be gone off the show, each of the crew wore black armbands during the filming of the scene and one can sense a general aura of melancholy on the set...he was an awesome character and will be missed...

Great stuff...Walt has completely lost it trusting Todd...what the hell is he thinking?
    This show is friggin fantastic and its a crying shame that next Sunday is the last one for a long time (makes me think of the breaks between 'Sopranos' seasons, hated those also!!!)
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    megatron wrote:
    im sad hes dead. reminds me of my gramps
    :D "pop-pop"

You must go to AMC.com and look at the short 4 min video of the behind the scenes making of that episode. "Mike Ermhentrout" is torn up to be gone off the show, each of the crew wore black armbands during the filming of the scene and one can sense a general aura of melancholy on the set...he was an awesome character and will be missed...

Great stuff...Walt has completely lost it trusting Todd...what the hell is he thinking?
    This show is friggin fantastic and its a crying shame that next Sunday is the last one for a long time (makes me think of the breaks between 'Sopranos' seasons, hated those also!!!)

will do thanks
    I think we're going to be left with a lot of cliffhangers. :x
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    So after a 2 month race to catch up, we finally did last night and I just read through this thread. It was worth every penny for the Blu-rays. If it wasn't for one weekend when my niece took my kids away it would've never happened. My wife and I watched 8 episodes on a Saturday night that weekend. Now we don't what to do with all this extra time we'll have.

Anyone think Walt will use Todd's prison connections to start knocking people off of Mike's list?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Anyone think Walt will use Todd's prison connections to start knocking people off of Mike's list?

That's what I was thinking. The scenes from next week looked like something was going down in a prison.
  • JK_Livin wrote:

That's what I was thinking. The scenes from next week looked like something was going down in a prison.

Either that, or Todd will be using his connections to take over Heisenberg's operation...
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    JK_Livin wrote:

It's possible that Mike's guys will spill it now that Mike and Gus are both not alive to face the consequences. The only one who is is Walt, who they probably don't give a rats ass about being loyal to.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2