Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    - Is Homeland any good?

Homeland is awesome. You should definitely check it out if you have the chance.

Homeland is a great show. I HIGHLY recommend it!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,883
    Homeland won aot because that's the show they want to increase viewer ship for. Breaking Bad has all the viewer ship it needs now, so they needed to put the spot light on a show that needs it more.... The Emmies are rigged. Of course they are; all the shows winning awards are still on TV. It's just a giant marketing ploy, with a few surprises thrown in to try and throw people off the scent. You wonder why Jesse won the Emmy? Because the others from the show have been killed off, of course. No point in bringing attention to them now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,064
    mca47 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    So did Aaron Paul win an Emmy for Season 4 or 5? He deserved it for 4 but not 5. He was barely in season 5.

It was for season 4. Aaron Paul was great that season, but I still think that Giancarlo Esposito deserved it for his performance as Gus in season 4.

Yeah, I agree completely.

+1
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Homeland won aot because that's the show they want to increase viewer ship for. Breaking Bad has all the viewer ship it needs now, so they needed to put the spot light on a show that needs it more.... The Emmies are rigged. Of course they are; all the shows winning awards are still on TV. It's just a giant marketing ploy, with a few surprises thrown in to try and throw people off the scent. You wonder why Jesse won the Emmy? Because the others from the show have been killed off, of course. No point in bringing attention to them now.

I'm not sure if I agree with that not. Modern Family won and that continues to do well..if they wanted to help low rated shows then Girls would have won. I DO think Homeland was very deserving of the best drama win as well..the first season was very strong. I think Cranston should have easily taken home the award though...for that scene at the end of "crawl space" alone.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Better Dan wrote:
    I think Cranston should have easily taken home the award though...for that scene at the end of "crawl space" alone.

:clap::clap:

glad to see Aaron get Best Supporting Fiance' , errrrr, Actor award though
    aqo2t.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Aaron Paul...you are my hero! :thumbup:

oie_2505957xxcz7Ijo.jpg
    Heisenberg wrote:

oie_2505957xxcz7Ijo.jpg

yep... :lol::lol::lol:
    aqo2t.jpg
    pjradio wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    I think Cranston should have easily taken home the award though...for that scene at the end of "crawl space" alone.

:clap::clap:

glad to see Aaron get Best Supporting Fiance' , errrrr, Actor award though
    Oh, I should say that I am really glad that he won as well. I think he's deserving. Just meant that the Emmy's are a bit of bullshit as well.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    It will be interesting to see what Aaron does once Breaking Bad is all said and done. He's obviously grown as an actor and hopefully starts getting some better gigs on the big screen as well as the small.
  • PJ_Soul wrote:

That's ridiculous. What do the Emmy awards gain by rigging the winners? Breaking Bad has all the viewers it needs? I'm sure the suits at AMC would disagree with you on that one. I will say that once the Emmy voters fall in love with a show, they stick with it like Mad Men winning best drama 4 years in a row, Modern Family winning best comedy 3 years in a row now. I was shocked that Homeland won best drama, but it was very well-deserved.
    edited September 2012
    PJ_Soul wrote:

That's ridiculous. What do the Emmy awards gain by rigging the winners? Breaking Bad has all the viewers it needs? I'm sure the suits at AMC would disagree with you on that one. I will say that once the Emmy voters fall in love with a show, they stick with it like Mad Men winning best drama 4 years in a row, Modern Family winning best comedy 3 years in a row now. I was shocked that Homeland won best drama, but it was very well-deserved.
    Fair enough... it's just that in my opinion there is kind of a pattern that indicates the Emmy's are used as a marketing tool beyond just giving honest kudos. Maybe I'm just cynical about the TV industry... :lol: I think maybe rightly so! I mean, come on. Homeland better than Breaking Bad?? :nono: Not to mention that it's the TV INDUSTRY. Simply my thoughts though. ;)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Heisenberg wrote:

oie_2505957xxcz7Ijo.jpg

Woah there! :lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Heisenberg wrote:

oie_2505957xxcz7Ijo.jpg

Well done Jessie! 8-)
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Heisenberg wrote:

oie_2505957xxcz7Ijo.jpg

In the spirit of Jessie...."I'd hit that two times bitches".
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
    rafie wrote:
    That's really good! It almost makes me want their characters to fall in love on the show!... That would make Walt less bad. :D
    rafie wrote:

Walter Jr. has the best line!!! Too funny!!
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    Vince Gilligan is on The Colbert Report tonight.
  • im at season 2...great show!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

You'll be caught up in no time. Best show on TV.

its really great..love the characters
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

I'm dying to see the second "part" of the fifth season, the very final season!! I'm quite surprise that the series is not that popular in Europe, only some of my relatives in Scotland are following BB. This show is really so great!!
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
    im at season 2...great show!!

:clap::clap: don't go on this thread too much or so things might be spoiled for you
    aqo2t.jpg
    pjradio wrote:

:clap::clap: don't go on this thread too much or so things might be spoiled for you

exactly...there is another Breaking Bad thread for folks who haven't quite caught up yet that has considerably less spoilers
    10-16-2014 Detroit

Hell yes! although the post that holds them up looks REALLY awkward :lol:
    Howard Stern is going to be interviewing Bryan Cranston (Walt) for about an hour later this week...i'll post interview here for whoever wants it
    aqo2t.jpg
    Those are amazing!!!!! :lol: :thumbup:
    pjradio wrote:
    Howard Stern is going to be interviewing Bryan Cranston (Walt) for about an hour later this week...i'll post interview here for whoever wants it
    Excellent! Thank you!