Options

Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Not sure if I missed something, but what was with the scene that showed Walt on his back in a hospital robe - looked like he was rolling into a CT scan? I wasn't paying close enough attention and didn't go back to watch it again....was he having a flashback or what?

Not only will the police be investigating the prison deaths, but nothing yet has come of Mike's disappearance, nor the kid from the train heist....Todd still has that tarantula, has to be some significance to that.
    I keep thinking of the opening scene of the season....Walt in the diner, full head of hair, guns in the trunk, no wedding ring.....how does he get to that point?

Wow, I didn't notice Todd with the Taratula jar.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Not sure if I missed something, but what was with the scene that showed Walt on his back in a hospital robe - looked like he was rolling into a CT scan? I wasn't paying close enough attention and didn't go back to watch it again....was he having a flashback or what?

Not only will the police be investigating the prison deaths, but nothing yet has come of Mike's disappearance, nor the kid from the train heist....Todd still has that tarantula, has to be some significance to that.

I keep thinking of the opening scene of the season....Walt in the diner, full head of hair, guns in the trunk, no wedding ring.....how does he get to that point?

the specualtion is that his cancer has returned. ie, the fly he was focused on in the opening scene, the CT scan, the reminiscing with jesse about how their partnership started, and the talk with todd's uncle about that painting, also the dented item in the bathroom.
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

Wow, I didn't notice Todd with the Taratula jar.

After mike accosted him after the meeting about whether to kill or make him a partner in the buisness, they show him in the car with the tarantula in the jar
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    i liked the last episode but probably one of my least favs of the season. I think the season has been that good.

now i just need a year to pass to see how it all comes together.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    That shit was crazy. Going to be a wild 8 episodes.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    That shit was crazy. Going to be a wild 8 episodes.

Oh yeah. I kept thinking that something awful was going to happen when they were all just sitting there in the backyard. Looks like it's going to be Hank vs. Walt for these last 8 episodes.

Can't believe we have to wait until next summer for the final 8 episodes.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Am I the only one that thought Walt Jr was going to accidently dump the baby into the swimming pool?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    dougfloyddougfloyd Fishers, IN Posts: 2,544
    Am I the only one that thought Walt Jr was going to accidently dump the baby into the swimming pool?

Nope, that's what I was thinking during that whole scene too, just felt like something bad was going to happen and they kept the camera on those 2 for a long time.
    1998 - Noblesville
    2000 - Noblesville
    2010 - Noblesville
    2011 - EV solo St Louis, PJ20 Alpine Valley
    2012 - San Fran (Oracle)
    2013 - Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincy, St Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Lexington, Wrigley
    2018 - Wrigley
    2022 - Nashville, St Louis
  • Options
    dougfloyd wrote:

Nope, that's what I was thinking during that whole scene too, just felt like something bad was going to happen and they kept the camera on those 2 for a long time.

I didnt necessarily think that, but as I knew it was minute 44 or so of the episode, I knew something insane was going to happen, but exactly what I didnt know. So yeah it seemed unlikely, but I considered maybe Holly and Jr would stumble on something as they were playing and bring it to the attention of the group. But so many of the scenes of this episode, as is Vinces way, seemed perfectly crafted, but were included to make us tense. The scene with walt and hank where they discuss hanks summer job, jesse and walt at jesses house etc... But thats why this show is the greatest show on tv, it has you on the edge of your seat every second of the show. And any viewer of the show for more than an episode knows this show is about as anxiety ridden as anything so YOU KNOW something is going to go down. So they build, and build and build....
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Wow, last 5 episodes were crazy....

A friend was talking to me today and they mention that G.B is one of the initials to someone that works at Grey Matter or something, so that might be something to take in to consideration...

Can't wait for the rest next year!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:

A friend was talking to me today and they mention that G.B is one of the initials to someone that works at Grey Matter or something, so that might be something to take in to consideration...

yep gretchen black. the woman he was in love with. But i think thats just a rumor. Ive seen the screenshot of Gales writing during the actual Willy Wonka scene, was it in season 3? And compare that to the writing we see in the Leaves of Grass book and it matches, its in black ink, and its the same all capital letters. I definitely considered that for a moment, that walt was now busted, in essence on a bogus charge, that the note was a genuine note to him from gretchen and had no connection at all to his life of crime. But from what I understand, there is no confusion on hanks part. He knows absolutely and positively walt is heisenberg. We saw him and Gale quoting Whitman in season 3 during a couple scenes in Frings lab. And then another shot of him sitting on a couch reading the book, we only see the cover of it. So It was definitely implied, but as always Vince threw something in a few years ago, it went past all of us, and reappeared to be THE thing that got walt caught. Unreal

You can check out the debunking of the Gretchen Black being GB, just check out the GIF on this page, of hank looking at the page, and then go watch the episode again and check out the handwriting of the paper that Hank is holding in that scene. Same style handwriting
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:

yep gretchen black. the woman he was in love with. But i think thats just a rumor. Ive seen the screenshot of Gales writing during the actual Willy Wonka scene, was it in season 3? And compare that to the writing we see in the Leaves of Grass book and it matches, its in black ink, and its the same all capital letters. I definitely considered that for a moment, that walt was now busted, in essence on a bogus charge, that the note was a genuine note to him from gretchen and had no connection at all to his life of crime. But from what I understand, there is no confusion on hanks part. He knows absolutely and positively walt is heisenberg. We saw him and Gale quoting Whitman in season 3 during a couple scenes in Frings lab. And then another shot of him sitting on a couch reading the book, we only see the cover of it. So It was definitely implied, but as always Vince threw something in a few years ago, it went past all of us, and reappeared to be THE thing that got walt caught. Unreal

You can check out the debunking of the Gretchen Black being GB, just check out the GIF on this page, of hank looking at the page, and then go watch the episode again and check out the handwriting of the paper that Hank is holding in that scene. Same style handwriting

Ah ok, that all makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up!
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    hank-finds-out.gif

Who makes a gif of a guy on the shitter? :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    DS1119 wrote:
    hank-finds-out.gif

Who makes a gif of a guy on the shitter? :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    i'm really wondering if Hank lets him go, or warns him. I sort of thing that Walt isn't getting a machine gun next season to defend himself against the DEA. I'm thinking something falls out between the new guy his uncle and Walt. And that's who he is defending himself against.

Remember Hanks predecessor made the statement this season that Gus was under his nose the entire time, and he more less was being fired because of it. Hank has a pretty big ego to go out the same way..
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    i'm really wondering if Hank lets him go, or warns him. I sort of thing that Walt isn't getting a machine gun next season to defend himself against the DEA. I'm thinking something falls out between the new guy his uncle and Walt. And that's who he is defending himself against.

Remember Hanks predecessor made the statement this season that Gus was under his nose the entire time, and he more less was being fired because of it. Hank has a pretty big ego to go out the same way..

Yep...Hank won't last long in the DEA if it comes out that Heisenberg is his brother in law.

As far as the shotgun goes, I was thinking that maybe it wasn't so easy to just quit the meth business....I'm sure there are plenty of unahppy people out there now that the blue stuff isn't available anymore.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    "YES.....SCIENCE!"
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:

The note was obviously from Gale, but that doesn't mean that Walt won't try and deny it and say it was a gift from Gretchen.
  • Options
    thefixer9 wrote:

The note was obviously from Gale, but that doesn't mean that Walt won't try and deny it and say it was a gift from Gretchen.

anythings possible. One thing thats clear from watching this show for 5 seasons is making a theory about what will happen most likely will not be what happens. thats what makes the writers the best in the buisness and why the show is the best of all time. Ive been proven wrong so many times in just this season alone, its not even funny.
  • Options
    So I'm taking Chemistry in High School now.....and I have a really weird teacher....and me made blue crystals today......
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

• Options
    Amazing video showing the transformation of Walter White

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... bYVhx6NiyQ
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    Amazing video showing the transformation of Walter White

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... bYVhx6NiyQ

That was beautifully put together. Great editing, great music. Awesome timeline.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    is it weird that I have gone back (since Sunday) and rewatched every episode? Currently on episode 29...
    :lol:
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    What time does this show start tonight? I don't see it in the listings.
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    is it weird that I have gone back (since Sunday) and rewatched every episode? Currently on episode 29...

nope..I'm thinking about doing the same thing... :)
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Its good to have football back, but I'd rather be watching Breaking Bad :(
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:

29 already?? That's impressive. I think I'm going to do the same next year before the final 8 episodes air.

Sucks that the first 8 episodes are over already, but nice that shows like Boardwalk Empire, Homeland, The Walking Dead will all be back soon.
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    thefixer9 wrote:
    So I'm taking Chemistry in High School now.....and I have a really weird teacher....and me made blue crystals today......
    :lol::lol:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    Ok, I'm convince my teacher is basically Walter White....
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12