London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    I like this song....Crystal Blue Persuasion
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

That was a nice touch..

The prison scene was crazy.

Brilliant ending.

Now the withdrawal symptoms begin...and we wait for a year.

Maybe I'll start from the beginning... :think:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    London BridgeLondon Bridge USA Posts: 4,733
    afroannnie wrote:

That was a nice touch..

The prison scene was crazy.

Brilliant ending.

Now the withdrawal symptoms begin...and we wait for a year.

Maybe I'll start from the beginning... :think:

That stack of money was really awesome looking!
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    What a finale!!!
    Holy cow...
    The prison killings were psycho
    The scene w/ Walt & Jesse was INTENSE
    And Hank grabbin that 'Leaves of Grass' w/ inscription on the crapper...
    Uh oh Walt :nono:
    GRRRRR :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: that we have to wait a year
    UGGGHHHH
    (goes to rewatch)
    :lol:
    Awesome show, unbelievable writing...can't believe the end is near and yet not close enough
    (shakes, twitches...) :lol:
    WOW
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Interesting how it all went down. Walt actually quit! I thought it would be his ego and inability to give up his empire that would lead to his downfall. Now what's going to happen?? Is Hank going to call for backup? Is he going to immediately confront Walt in front of everyone? Start looking at the carwash to build a case without letting on that he knows anything...ahh this is brutal!!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Who had total adrenaline going while watching Walt talking to Jesse? Jesse's fear was some pretty great acting. I kept thinking something awful was going to happen.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Can't wait for next week's episode! :corn:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:

:fp:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:fp:

It will be on. Surprise episode. :lol:
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957

the editing for that scene was fantastic.

Outstanding season. If this show isn't the best series ever on television I don't know what is. They have made you go from sympathizing with Walt and making you feel sorry for him, to loving him, to hating him, and now rooting for him to get away.
    Foreshadowing of Walt Jr. pushing Holly in the car? Something awful is going to happen to those kids.
    I hate you AMC for making us wait!!!!!
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

the editing for that scene was fantastic.

Outstanding season. If this show isn't the best series ever on television I don't know what is. They have made you go from sympathizing with Walt and making you feel sorry for him, to loving him, to hating him, and now rooting for him to get away.
    Foreshadowing of Walt Jr. pushing Holly in the car? Something awful is going to happen to those kids.
    I hate you AMC for making us wait!!!!!

i agree. this is the greatest show of all time. And we've still got 8 episodes to go. The talent of the cast and crew is insane. Perfect season, every episode was spectacular
  • Options
    great episode... f*ck

closest show to this is Forbrydelsen, original The Killing...

man i love tv :?
    wah
  • Options
    The whole soundtrack for the episode was pretty cool.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    Awesome, awesome episode!!!!

In that last scene where they were all hanging out by the pool....I was actually nervous. They kept focusing on the kids, I was just waiting for a bomb to go off or something. Even the sunscreen made me think "oh crap!"

Hank finding the book was just a beautiful and subtle way for him to find out. I also love how they tie in so many things in the past to each episode ( Walt's comment on the painting....same painting he observed/studied when he was getting his chemo)....

A couple of other things
    Todd's uncle sounded like Harvey Keitel in a Tarantino movie! :lol:

Do you think Hank will wipe, or do you think he'll jump off the toilet and go after Walt? :lol:
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    mca47 wrote:
    I also love how they tie in so many things in the past to each episode

They brought the fly back too. I thought that was a really nice touch and a subtle bit of foreshadowing since the last time we saw said fly, Walt broke down and and kinda came clean or at least bonded with Jesse. This episode he did the same and finally woke up to what he was doing when skylar showed him the cash.
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    the ricin cigarette keeps popping up... :corn:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    I really thought Walt was going to take Skylar out in the pool last night.
  • Options
    So, would Walt have killed Lydia had she not presented that new business opportunity to him?
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    So, would Walt have killed Lydia had she not presented that new business opportunity to him?

I think so. I think she will play a major role next season moving forward...maybe something with Jesse. Who knows? I just wish the show was on next week! :lol: :fp:
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Better Dan wrote:

It certainly seemed that way considering he took the ricin to the meet to get the list.

I loved the prison scene, reminded me of the end of American Me.
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:

i think thats what was inferred by him bringing the vile of ricin to the coffee shop. At first I thought maybe she was overreacting, as much of the season, every appearance lydia has made she's been nervous and scared and worried. We've seen through the fact that the DEA was indeed tracking that barrel of methlamyine, that her fears were somewhat grounded in fact.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

In that last scene where they were all hanging out by the pool....I was actually nervous. They kept focusing on the kids, I was just waiting for a bomb to go off or something. Even the sunscreen made me think "oh crap!"

Hank finding the book was just a beautiful and subtle way for him to find out. I also love how they tie in so many things in the past to each episode ( Walt's comment on the painting....same painting he observed/studied when he was getting his chemo)....

A couple of other things

Do you think Hank will wipe, or do you think he'll jump off the toilet and go after Walt? :lol:

I agree with you. I was really unsure as the episode was nearing the end, if some sort of big event would indeed happen or not. I didnt know, but i was the same way, didnt know what was going to happen in that scene near the pool, and felt like every thing that was shown could have some sort meaning to it. I initially was unsure and wary about the book being the way hank found out, but ive gotten to appreciate it, and is just such a brilliant scene. Of all the ways hank could have found out, THAT certainly never crossed my mind as how he'd find out.

Obviously, now the huge question that will haunt us for the next 10 months is, what does hank do next? does he go in and confront walt? Does he play it cool? Does he go out there with a gun aimed at walt? Further what does he do when he finds out Skyler is in on it too.

Whats hanks next move? Does he go to his coworkers and tell them about it, and get laughed out of town for chasing this madmen for 5 seasons while all along it was his own brother in law? Does he keep it quiet?

Will he tell Marie? Will he hint to walt that he knows?
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,258
    mca47 wrote:

A couple of other things

I agree with you. I was really unsure as the episode was nearing the end, if some sort of big event would indeed happen or not. I didnt know, but i was the same way, didnt know what was going to happen in that scene near the pool, and felt like every thing that was shown could have some sort meaning to it. I initially was unsure and wary about the book being the way hank found out, but ive gotten to appreciate it, and is just such a brilliant scene. Of all the ways hank could have found out, THAT certainly never crossed my mind as how he'd find out.

Obviously, now the huge question that will haunt us for the next 10 months is, what does hank do next? does he go in and confront walt? Does he play it cool? Does he go out there with a gun aimed at walt? Further what does he do when he finds out Skyler is in on it too.

Whats hanks next move? Does he go to his coworkers and tell them about it, and get laughed out of town for chasing this madmen for 5 seasons while all along it was his own brother in law? Does he keep it quiet?

I don't think he's going to be direct with Walt. I'm pretty sure he's going to keep it to himself and do some independent investigating and perhaps pose questions to Walt very indirectly. As you said, there is no way he's going to reveal that to the DEA, initially as he'll look incompetent.
    My guess is that Walt will eventually realize this and have to deal with Hank prior to the DEA being involved.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

A couple of other things

I don't think he's going to be direct with Walt. I'm pretty sure he's going to keep it to himself and do some independent investigating and perhaps pose questions to Walt very indirectly. As you said, there is no way he's going to reveal that to the DEA, initially as he'll look incompetent.
    My guess is that Walt will eventually realize this and have to deal with Hank prior to the DEA being involved.

Maybe Hank will be indirect with it and Walt will catch his drift, or perhaps Hank will tell Walt he knows, and that he's going to move forward with it, but maybe he's going to give him a window to get on the run, coming full circle to the scene/timeline of when he was in the Denny's with a full head of hair, having a New Hampshire license and plates on his vehicle, and lastly... being in possession of a machine gun.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Gotta agree that that final episode was wonderful. The artistic merit this show has is great.

I love the back referencing as well, with the book that Hank saw, the fly, the painting, all of it.

It was nice to see Walt open his fucking eyes to what he was doing... but too little too late maybe.

Is it possible that Walt could sternly plead ignorance on all of this and say that the book was from an old friend who coincidentally has the same initials as Gail (sp?)? Is that too hard to believe? I'm sure Hank has got to have some waves of denial with Walt, but if he sits and really thinks about it and putting everything together, I'm sure he'll connect the dots. Hank is too smart of a cop to not see it all. Hell, he was spot on when he initially mentioned to Walt that the WW could be "Walter White". Even though he said it "jokingly", you know that Hank truly had a small suspicion.

10 fucking months?!? :evil: :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    dcfaithful wrote:
    Gotta agree that that final episode was wonderful. The artistic merit this show has is great.

I love the back referencing as well, with the book that Hank saw, the fly, the painting, all of it.

It was nice to see Walt open his fucking eyes to what he was doing... but too little too late maybe.

Is it possible that Walt could sternly plead ignorance on all of this and say that the book was from an old friend who coincidentally has the same initials as Gail (sp?)? Is that too hard to believe? I'm sure Hank has got to have some waves of denial with Walt, but if he sits and really thinks about it and putting everything together, I'm sure he'll connect the dots. Hank is too smart of a cop to not see it all. Hell, he was spot on when he initially mentioned to Walt that the WW could be "Walter White". Even though he said it "jokingly", you know that Hank truly had a small suspicion.

10 fucking months?!? :evil: :lol:
    It won't be too hard to connect the dots. Especially when Walt crashed his car by the Laundry facility. Wasn't it the same quote in that book that Gale wrote in his lab notes?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,754
    hank-finds-out.gif
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    The second he walked into that bathroom I got worried.....
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    Not sure if I missed something, but what was with the scene that showed Walt on his back in a hospital robe - looked like he was rolling into a CT scan? I wasn't paying close enough attention and didn't go back to watch it again....was he having a flashback or what?

Not only will the police be investigating the prison deaths, but nothing yet has come of Mike's disappearance, nor the kid from the train heist....Todd still has that tarantula, has to be some significance to that.

I keep thinking of the opening scene of the season....Walt in the diner, full head of hair, guns in the trunk, no wedding ring.....how does he get to that point?
  • Options
    hank-finds-out.gif
    nice....chasing monsters.

proof positive that we all do our best thinking on the shitter :P