Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Will some one answer :?:

dont think thats the idea of the thread...its not q&a
    I guess,if they use some of the ideas,..is like the answer :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

dont think thats the idea of the thread...its not q&a

So sort of like yelling into an empty room :lol::lol: ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I really don't think the intention was for someone to be on here answering all these posts. It's just a place for us to post our comments so that they can see all our suggestions and thoughts without having to wade through hundreds and hundreds of threads. All of these comments need to be evaluated and discussed at meetings and shit, so it wouldn't make sense for someone to be sitting there constantly responding to all of this! We simply have the assurance that someone is reading this thread specifically to see what the fans are thinking and suggesting and having problems with so that they can (or not) respond to the issues internally.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • We All BelieveWe All Believe Scarsdale, NY Posts: 420
    Concert Posters

Give 10C members the option to purchase that show's poster when we purchase our 10C tickets for the show.

If we want the poster, charge us for the ticket, the poster, and the shipping. Ship it to where we live after the show. Don't sell the posters at the show.

If we don't want the poster at that time, or if we're a 10C member that didn't go to the show but still wants the poster, have a poster sale for only them at a later date.
    If not for love, I would be drowning.

Join the fight to prevent suicide at www.afsp.org
    edited July 2012
    Concert Posters

Give 10C members the option to purchase that show's poster when we purchase our 10C tickets for the show.

If we want the poster, charge us for the ticket, the poster, and the shipping. Ship it to where we live after the show. Don't sell the posters at the show.

If we don't want the poster at that time, or if we're a 10C member that didn't go to the show but still wants the poster, have a poster sale for only them at a later date.
    Purchasing while ordering doesn't really work because there are so many tickets where the buyer has bought 2 with the intention of becoming someone's ticket buddy later. It would make it too difficult and complicated for the person who gets that second ticket to get a poster. I think better to make the posters available at will call, and you need a ticket to buy one, or AFTER the show, where you need a ticket stub to buy them, and they can just print as many posters as tickets are sold, and sell the leftovers on the website, limit one per person (preventing people from buying more than one poster and flipping them as well - one poster per stub, they could stamp the tickets upon purchase to prevent double-buying at the venue). Then people could come and get the posters early and figure out what to do with them well before the show starts, or get them after and not have to worry about it. Also, I doubt everyone wants to pay shipping charges every time they want a poster from a show they're actually going to.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Bring back The Rumor Pit!!

Also, the band should consider releasing multichannel versions of its albums with appropriate B-sides, etc. included as bonus tracks.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Concert Posters

Purchasing while ordering doesn't really work because there are so many tickets where the buyer has bought 2 with the intention of becoming someone's ticket buddy later. It would make it too difficult and complicated for the person who gets that second ticket to get a poster. I think better to make the posters available at will call, and you need a ticket to buy one, or AFTER the show, where you need a ticket stub to buy them, and they can just print as many posters as tickets are sold, and sell the leftovers on the website, limit one per person (preventing people from buying more than one poster and flipping them as well - one poster per stub, they could stamp the tickets upon purchase to prevent double-buying at the venue). Then people could come and get the posters early and figure out what to do with them well before the show starts, or get them after and not have to worry about it. Also, I doubt everyone wants to pay shipping charges every time they want a poster from a show they're actually going to.

I hear ya. I personally have no problem paying a little extra for a poster to be sent to my house. I don't want to have to carry it around at the show, worrying about losing it, damaging it, etc.

• -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    This is a great idea, thanks for implementing it!

What I would like to know is if it would be possible to have the early Ten Club access and wristbands in South America shows. This was done in the 2005 shows and worked beautifully, but in 2011 (at least in Argentina) this benefit was not offered to the Ten Club fans. I am sure all South America Ten Club members would appreciate this.

Thanks,
    Marina.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

PJ_Soul wrote:
    Concert Posters

I hear ya. I personally have no problem paying a little extra for a poster to be sent to my house. I don't want to have to carry it around at the show, worrying about losing it, damaging it, etc.
    Fair enough... but as a person who is getting a ticket for Missoula from a 10C member I don't know and who I will be meeting there, where the money and ticket exchanges hands, I don't think the idea works too well. If it were like that, I'd be out of luck for a poster, which doesn't seem fair. :)
  • PJ Fan 1978PJ Fan 1978 Posts: 165
    I LOVE 10C - XOXOXOXOX I just wish we could get the PJ20 Alpine Valley boots :D I would also like to see 10C members only shows -

Best fanclub ever!!!

Molly

PS I wish I could pay to have my original member #
    I hear ya. I personally have no problem paying a little extra for a poster to be sent to my house. I don't want to have to carry it around at the show, worrying about losing it, damaging it, etc.[/quote]
    Fair enough... but as a person who is getting a ticket for Missoula from a 10C member I don't know and who I will be meeting there, where the money and ticket exchanges hands, I don't think the idea works too well. If it were like that, I'd be out of luck for a poster, which doesn't seem fair. :)[/quote]

You'd have the opportunity to buy it at a later date during the secondary sale. But I see what you're saying, there's a gap.

Some sort of package/bundle would be great. Tix, boots, posters, etc., all in one.

• SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

You and me both.

Please, Pearl Jam, please...tour more.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    Please keep playing shows, as often as humanly possible and preferably in the Northeast. ;)
    The rest is just gravy.

And I think I speak for the majority of the 10C when I say that arenas and amphitheaters are preferable to festivals.

And how about another "residency" set of shows, preferably at a very cool venue in NYC! ;)
  • SD48277 wrote:

You and me both.

Please, Pearl Jam, please...tour more.

And me, too. I was living overseas, starting anew, and I forgot to renew. So sad, now!
  • Tora74Tora74 Posts: 107
    This thread is an awesome idea... Thanks for setting it up!!!

I realize touring is a hard on all the people involved in making it happen especially the band members. That being said I would love to see them do more USA venues. While I realize the festivals are a part of the the band's drive to promote activism in areas they believe in, please do more non-festival shows in the USA. There are only 3 Pearl Jam shows in the USA this year and only one of those is a non-festival show. WE LOVE you guys here in the USA too, and I know each show would be a sell out!!! Now if you could possibly do at least a 1/3 of those in the South that would be awesome too hehe :lol: But seriously show us American's some love too and give us more Pearl Jam tour dates!!!

One other thing I have to agree you need more selection in the Ladies Apparel Section. While I did order from the Men's Section to have more choices, I don't see why it would hurt to put more in the Ladies area for us to choose from as well...

Again thanks for listening!

PEACE!!!
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    3.29.94 St. Pete, FL
    9.21.12 Pensacola, FL
    11.1.13 New Orleans, LA
    10.14.14 Memphis, TN
    4.13.16 Jacksonville, FL
    EV 11.21.12 Memphis, TN
    EV 11.28.12 Orlando, FL
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    kudos for askin" for the 1998's boots...

i cant be the only fan whom loves to buy/listen to the boots...

I quit smoking roughly 10 years ago...with that said, i buy 1 or 2 bootlegs every week...with my extra $$

please either re release the 2003 tour...it's been released once..what would it hurt to release it again??

if not than the 1998 tour or 2003....any other's would be great...

thanks for being who you all are and everything you've supplied us...best band/best fan club ever...

peace......curly here from omaha, NE....

PS...and oh ya...come to the college world series next year and play here as well...it's fun ball games in the sun and we have a great arena next door to the cws field ya'll can play at...

Release 1998 Bootlegs please. Please. Please.
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795

Yes Please!
    If this was possible I would be truly a happy camper :D
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Cosmic SlopCosmic Slop Posts: 107
    My request is that there is more of an effort to communicate with fans who don't post here for announcements, new merch, etc. It scares me to think that decisions are being made on behalf of all of us based on the opinions of a few people here.
  • Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    I would also like a monthly newsletter with rubbish about all sorts of stuff by email :)
    168dcfb.jpg
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    1) Thank you to the 10 Club for this sticky topic.

2) Another fan suggested a bootleg program similar to the one that Incubus is currently using - I looked at their website today and this looks like an intriguing idea. (However, not surprisingly - Incubus does not diversify their setlists as much as PJ)

3) Considerations for modifying how posters/merchandise are sold at shows would be appreciated. Trying to get merchandise in the afternoon at the Toronto shows in 2011 when 10 C tickets were being picked up was a very frustrating experience. The concept of honoring a line-up was not respected by many of our fellow fans. A 2-item limit on any item per person prior to the show would be nice too. Once the show starts, buy as many of one item as you like.

4) Announcing all tour dates, including those that are being considered, at one time would be helpful.

5) I have no problem with the current lottery system. I have not yet tried for tickets under this new system; however, if the lottery saves us from having to sit at a computer for 3 - 5 hours then it is an improvement in my opinion.

6) Potential fan voting for future Vault releases is also a nice suggestion I read from another fan.

Have a good day and evening everyone
  • grahammurgrahammur Posts: 51
    i would like to see more live dvds released from the band,shows from the vs/vitalogy era.i would also like the 2005 whole tour to be released in flac or cd format, or high quality photos of the band to purchase! Keep up the good work ten club! thanks for listening!
  • tserrano08tserrano08 Posts: 11
    Come back to Texas! After all, Austin is the live music capital of the world and we have only seen you twice in 15 years. Luckily, I was able to have another fan stand in line for me in Montana to buy tickets to the show in September but it sure would be nice to be able to see y'all a bit closer to home. I have an 8 year old son and two daughters who are 4 and 2 that love your music, especially my 4 year old daughter. I would love to have the opportunity to make it a family affair and take them all to a show but I can not afford the travel for all of us. More US show and more of them in the south would be fantastic! Until we meet again.....

Peace, love, and acceptance.
    trish-UH!
  • ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,411
    ** MEMBER REWARDS PROGRAM**

This is a great idea and much appreciated. in the 16 pages of post ive already read some really great ideas..

Unlike alot of people I think the 10club is pretty spot on most of the time... and by far the best Band Fan club ive ever come across!

I also like to think we are the best FANS In the world as far as bands go... our energy at shows , are overall loyalty and our excitement over Bootlegs and 10c tickets and Posters and all the other great things the 10c offers... That being said I was hoping at some point the 10club could start some sort of member reward program... earn points for Merchandise purchases... redeem those points for other Merch or whatever other things the 10c could come up with. Like so many others ive purchased so many tickets, bootlegs, posters, albums, vinyl, tshirts, stickers, socks, onesies for the baby... yada yada from here... would love the opportunity to get a little something for that.
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    this probably has been mentioned but Eddie solo boot legs please!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    this probably has been mentioned but Eddie solo boot legs please!

Yes, please. I know Ed doesn't really want to release them because he's concerned about the sound quality, but I don't think that would matter to most fans, it would just be nice to have them. The EV solo tours are amazing, and I think bootlegs should be available.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • DURPDURP OhighO Posts: 2,180
    As far as the site i like it so far. My only complaint is that i have to log out then log back in to access the forum. It's not a big deal but kind of annoying.

How about a 10% off merch for 10c members. Not much but with everyone's dollar getting tight a little discount wouldn't hurt.

I'm not sure how money has to be distributed when it comes to the bootlegs with the band doing covers. But I feel that for 10c tickets a code or something should be included for a download of the show.

How about an option to reserve a poster or tee shirt or both while purchasing tickets through 10c. Gear is hard to get espically with flippers buying 7 or 8 posters while fans who collect get left in the cold. I know there is a 2 item limit but the vendors don't really honor this.

Other than that I feel that things are fine here.
    My butt itches!
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Concert Posters

I liked how posters were sold on the 2008 tour. We would line up before the show, pay for the poster, and get a wristband. We'd come back after the show, have the wristband cut off, and receive our poster. I thought it worked great.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
    Yefa wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

I liked how posters were sold on the 2008 tour. We would line up before the show, pay for the poster, and get a wristband. We'd come back after the show, have the wristband cut off, and receive our poster. I thought it worked great.
    That sounds like a perfect system - it would be great if they did that for every show.
  • Off I Go.Off I Go. Posts: 204
    I am waiting and hoping for an Asian tour as I live in Japan :D Last time I saw PJ here was Sendai 2003 !!.So Please ,please come again soon---Sapporo has a huge dome for concerts!!!!! :)
    The waiting drove me mad!!!
  • silvia dpsilvia dp Posts: 31
    rival_AK71 wrote:
    "Official bitchfest".... love it.

It would be awesome if we could buy quality prints of Karen Noria's work online. People would definitely purchase killer 'official' photo reprints from across the group's history and future, no?

It would be fairly easy to set up, lots of external partners would jump at the chance to manage the 'product line' of PJ concert reprints, and it could bring in some cash for PJF or another good cause. I would probably pay way too much for the shot where I'm wedged against the barrier at Arras, and walk away totally happy (esp. if I knew a chunk of the profits was going somewhere cool, and even more if it had a little 10c watermark or something). Shucks I'd even choose from a tasteful selection of pewter or brass PJ picture frames.

People would of course want HQ digital copies, but in the spirit of vinyl, I think sticking to prints only would be justifiable and totally cool (and allows Karen to retain control of her work).

Am I the only one who would buy these? :)

EUROPE 2012, I SAID FUCK YEAH!!!!

Last week I e-mailed to 10c asking exactely the same.
    It would be great to have the chance to buy Karen's pics....
    You know something's left
    And we're all allowed
    To dream of the next time we touch..