Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• A little input from a 29 year old long time fan from Denmark:

1. You're doing a great job - both the band and 10C - and thanks for the tour this year.

2. But, this is about change, and something you should try to change is the ticket price - paid around 110 dollars / 90 euro per ticket for the Copenhagen show and the venue (Forum) really sucked (always have - everybody in Denmark knows that). Seems a little funny given the Ticketmaster story that you are one of the most expensive bands to see live in Denmark.

3. Keep the great venues - Wuhlheide in Berlin was some of the best shows I've ever seen and some of that was due to the setting/venue. Can't imagine the O2 Arena in Berlin this year was anything near the same. Try and scout for good venues (let the fans chip in) in each country and keep the prices fair.

4. Get that album out and keep making music :D

Best regards,

Thor Hampus Bank
    Denmark

PS. The EV solo tour prices are ridiculous - 110 euro??? - paid 40 euro to see Chris Cornell in the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen last month!
  • silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Great idea!! I only have a few suggestions...

1. Please get fan club singles and Deep in the same year.
    2. Please correct the signing in process of the website & fix the iphone app! please!
    3. Please announce all shows at the same time. Some of us don't have the luxury to be able to afford a ton of shows so we have to plan accordingly. Plus with work I only get 2 weeks vacation I need to plan this as well. As much advance notice would be great (1 day is usally not enough, sorry)
    4. Make more girl shirts and items! I am 5'10", and not the skinniest girl and NO shirts fit me right. please understand not all of us are fit nor the same size as all "typical" girls (if there is such a thing)...Make a big and tall shirt for both girls and guys!!
    5. Along these same lines make other colored shirt besides white, gray, and black!! You used to make, red, blue and orange...go back to those brighter colors we still like those :-)
    6. I love LOVE the chance to win prizes from the band, like signed items or anything like that!!
    7. Maybe create a few 10c ONLY shows on east coast, west coast, south, north and middle of the USA! Or again make this a contest where only 10c can enter!!!!
    8. Last request play more in Ohio as this is where I live and I had to throw that in :D

Thanks for everything you do for us fans!!! We really appreciate it!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • F5AgainstOneF5AgainstOne New Hampshire, USA Posts: 1,462
    Two things:
    1: INFORMATION - For example, what is the status of the Alpine Valley Boots? If it is unkown what will be done... just tell us "We don't know what we are doing with them yet." If you know something, can you just give a ballpark ETA? -

2: Equal Opportunity for Special Releases - For Example, Lmtd Edition DVDs/Blu-Rays (or special vinyl releases such as Benaroya Hall) - Let all 10c members pre-order within a defined time window. Then, before these things get pressed up, you have a count. Maybe even create a few extra batches to fulfill lost/damaged orders.
    From thirdman -
    "AT THE END OF EACH REGISTRATION PERIOD WE WILL TABULATE THE AMOUNT OF SUBSCRIBERS AND PRESS UP THE EXACT AMOUNT WE NEED TO FILL ORDERS."

PLUS

EVERY platinum Member of Thirdmanrecords vault gets a vault package. I'm not talking about stickers, t-shirts, and holiday singles. I mean REAL collectible stuff for a fan (Vault Package 13 is an incredible package for White Stripes Fans)
    vault13full.jpg
    EV Solo Boston 6/16/11
    East Troy 9/3/11
    East Troy 9/4/11
    Amsterdam 6/26/12
    Amsterdam 6/27/12
    Wrigley Field 7/19-20/13
    Worcester, MA 10/15/13
    Worcester, MA 10/16/13
    Hartford, CT 10/25/13
    Seattle, WA 12/06/13
    Denver, CO 10/22/14
    Fenway 2016 #1
    Fenway 2016 #2
    Fenway 2018 #1
    Fenway 2018 #2
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Wouldya look at that!
    I clicked on the notification, redirected, arrived at the post...already logged in!

YAY!!

Thanks guys! :D

See, it doesn't take much to keep me happy. :clap:
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Phish puts a code on your ticket which allows the ticket holder to download the boot almost immediately after the show. Can ten club figure out how this is done and implement it? Thanks

In order to do this, they charge EVERYONE for the mp3 of the show and include it in the ticket price.

I wouldn't be opposed to that...or, if you want the CD, work it like this:

1) Enter code at pearljam.com. Each person's code is different. Each show is different. If you go to Dallas, you get a certain code for "YOU DALLAS"... if you go to another show in Houston, you get "YOU HOUSTON" code.

2) If you want to upgrade to the CD, you pay something like $5 additional, but get MP3 right away.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Two things:
    2: Equal Opportunity for Special Releases - For Example, Lmtd Edition DVDs/Blu-Rays (or special vinyl releases such as Benaroya Hall) - Let all 10c members pre-order within a defined time window. Then, before these things get pressed up, you have a count. Maybe even create a few extra batches to fulfill lost/damaged orders.
    From thirdman -
    "AT THE END OF EACH REGISTRATION PERIOD WE WILL TABULATE THE AMOUNT OF SUBSCRIBERS AND PRESS UP THE EXACT AMOUNT WE NEED TO FILL ORDERS."

GREAT idea! No more "shit! I'm thirty seconds late with the card and got shut out forever."

Why not have a pre-order for everything?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Any hopes of official bootlegs from the 95 or 96 tour?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Tora74 wrote:
    This thread is an awesome idea... Thanks for setting it up!!!

I realize touring is a hard on all the people involved in making it happen especially the band members. That being said I would love to see them do more USA venues. While I realize the festivals are a part of the the band's drive to promote activism in areas they believe in, please do more non-festival shows in the USA. There are only 3 Pearl Jam shows in the USA this year and only one of those is a non-festival show. WE LOVE you guys here in the USA too, and I know each show would be a sell out!!! Now if you could possibly do at least a 1/3 of those in the South that would be awesome too hehe :lol: But seriously show us American's some love too and give us more Pearl Jam tour dates!!!

One other thing I have to agree you need more selection in the Ladies Apparel Section. While I did order from the Men's Section to have more choices, I don't see why it would hurt to put more in the Ladies area for us to choose from as well...

Again thanks for listening!

PEACE!!!

Until a couple years ago, they did the entire US as one big thing with a break in the middle of the tour.

Now, we get smaller US tours, but more of them. For Binaural and Riot Act, we got huuuuuuuuge tours with hardly any time off. For Avacado and Backspacer, we got little tours, but at least 3? 4? backspacer "mini tours."

Hopefully next year, they'll go back to the big tours.
    curly wrote:
    kudos for askin" for the 1998's boots...

i cant be the only fan whom loves to buy/listen to the boots...

I quit smoking roughly 10 years ago...with that said, i buy 1 or 2 bootlegs every week...with my extra $$

please either re release the 2003 tour...it's been released once..what would it hurt to release it again??

if not than the 1998 tour or 2003....any other's would be great...

I think someone (Tim?) said that the 2000 and 2003 bootlegs might be Sony's property. It would be a bitch to get them to re-release them.

At least the band lets us download them for free.
    Single 10C tickets! I'm always travel alone and buying a pair seems a waste of money.

Meet and great, like Metallica do!

Bigger tubes for posters, like the one at EU shows. I'll pay $$$ extra for it.

This forum (and the Wishlist parties) are great places to dump your other ticket.
    Thank you for this thread...Well done 10C!

I recently had a great idea and now I have a place to share it.

After the Brian F. experience I thought... " Wow, is it possible that I could ever have an experience like that? Obviously, something like this can not be bought at any price...or could it? "

In an effort to help the many organizations that are trying to help us that need it, could it be possible that an auction for charity is in order?

In short, heres the picture. Certain shows on any given tour could align with charities that would have a direct impact on the location of the show. This could be handled by the 10C or through the Vitolagy Foundation, depending on the charity, its tax status and other red tape.

These "giving oppertunities" could be released to 10C members along with a fund raising deadline. After the deadline has past, a bidding date and time could be given and the highest bidder wins.

I have left out a lot of details in an effort to get people thinking....

Thank you all at 10C for your time and efforts.

You pledge money to a local pre-determined charity.
    Whoever pledges the most money gets to create the setlist...AFTER they pay. Gotta pay first...no cheating!
  • yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I'll vote to bring back some fan club only shows !! Really like that idea !

Or even just play some smaller venues every once in a while, that would work too !
  • is the paypal lottery system set in stone or do you plan on making adjustments to the method by which we purchase 10c tickets? i know that there is just too much demand to satisfy everyone, but was just wondering if there are any tweaks planned down the pipe. thanks
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Thank you for this thread...Well done 10C!

I recently had a great idea and now I have a place to share it.

After the Brian F. experience I thought... " Wow, is it possible that I could ever have an experience like that? Obviously, something like this can not be bought at any price...or could it? "

In an effort to help the many organizations that are trying to help us that need it, could it be possible that an auction for charity is in order?

In short, heres the picture. Certain shows on any given tour could align with charities that would have a direct impact on the location of the show. This could be handled by the 10C or through the Vitolagy Foundation, depending on the charity, its tax status and other red tape.

These "giving oppertunities" could be released to 10C members along with a fund raising deadline. After the deadline has past, a bidding date and time could be given and the highest bidder wins.

I have left out a lot of details in an effort to get people thinking....

Thank you all at 10C for your time and efforts.

You pledge money to a local pre-determined charity.
    Whoever pledges the most money gets to create the setlist...AFTER they pay. Gotta pay first...no cheating!
    Good idea, although best to just have a draw for everyone who donates so that it's not simply the richest person who gets to do it every single time, which is necessarily what would happen if they went to who donated the most money.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Good idea, although best to just have a draw for everyone who donates so that it's not simply the richest person who gets to do it every single time, which is necessary what would happen if they went off of who donated the most money.

Good point. Even though a "pledge" could be donated money of a group, it's still too many issues.

Something like $20 for a raffle ticket, or $50 gets you three chances...something like that. It's for a good cause, so people probably wouldn't mind giving more...plus, there's a really kick-ass prize if you win, so it can't be the usual "5 for $10, or 15 for $10" or whatever...gotta jack the price up.
  • U said to be “creative”… :D

- Definitely more DVD releases/footage – boots only go so far.
    - Would like to hear Cameron intro a song (live) with the drumbeat first – nothing fancy or long, but a quick solo that the band (guitars) join into to kick off a song would be different.
    - Would like to see the band start a show by walking through the crowd and up onto the stage (non-general admission).
    - A handful of special side stage passes/tickets for every show – via lottery or start with seniority and work from there (can only get once).
    - Loved the Beastie Boys idea of passing out 100 video cameras pre-show to fans and then incorporating into a DVD release – few different options/iterations can take from that.
    - Difficult to ask for cheaper merch, but I’d like to see wristbands (can be a limited quantity 1,000?) sold at each show for say, $5. Just the date/location of show on a regular athletic wristband (different colors each city/venue) – nice keepsake and would eventually see lots of colors worn at concerts over time… (conversation piece as well).
    - More experimenting with whatever that recorder thingy is (used in Arc).
    - Some live shots on the jumbotron of the crowd/people during encore breaks.
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    please fix the website login issue that has been on here for years, and is now worse with the site change. there is no reason i should have to log out and then back in five minutes after i navigated away from the site (often because posted links- like youtube vids- open in the same tab as opposed to openeing in a new one).
  • curlycurly Posts: 703
    AndySlash wrote:
    please fix the website login issue that has been on here for years, and is now worse with the site change. there is no reason i should have to log out and then back in five minutes after i navigated away from the site (often because posted links- like youtube vids- open in the same tab as opposed to openeing in a new one).

I second this notion...if its a security issue, i understand...if its fixable...it needs fixed...thanks...c
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Suggestion:

I would love to see a lot of the same merch designs from Europe used for the US Vedder tour merch this fall!

Everyone wants that shirt with all the instruments on the front! and the ipad case! I dig the stickers too. Seattle Surf Co. Awesome! Please don't just use these designs for 5 or 6 shows in Europe then make different stuff in the states! Except for more license plate shirts since these are all states not visited on last year's tour with the plate shirts!! :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • PeTaLuMaPeTaLuMa New Jersey Posts: 54
    How about a fanclub only show at a smaller venue like the Aragon Ballroom in Chicago!

I was also going to suggest this. How awesome would this be for both the fans and the band.
    A smaller venue (not too small that fans get shut out) . I have often wondered why this hasn't already happened.

Thanks for the opportunity to give us a voice through this forum :clap::clap:
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Sorry if this has been covered already but I sure would like to see more vinyl reissues- especially NO CODE and RIOT ACT! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• i would like to have some Eddie Vedder bootlegs available
  • fanofedfanofed Mid North Coast Posts: 77
    :P Cool.
  • dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    Bring back the PJ radio. Or is mine missing :lol:
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • rikfwrikfw Posts: 24
    Hi you all,
    i have been one of the lucky persons who attended one of the Ed show's in Amsterdam this week and the show was absolutely breathtaking. It was asked not to film or make photo's however some people did anyway. I am glad some did because i can look them back and relive it all over again. Now comes my question;
    WHY DOES 10C GET THEM OFF YOUTUBE? :?:
    I think that is such a pitty for the people like me who want to look back but also for all the people who where not able to get a ticket. :fp:
    Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009. Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam 2012, Amsterdam Ed-show 2012.
  • I think the way the fan club is run and the way concert tickets are distributed to members is just the best. it really is a fair way of running things.

my only real request would be for pearl jam to play in scotland, or any other country in the UK! I get incredibly annoyed when bands announce that they are coming to play in the UK, but all that ever happens is they play a show or two in london and maybe another larger city in England. I really dislike London and haven't been impressed with any of the venues I've been to there.
    I know it's a small issue considering how far a lot of people travel to see pearl jam, but just because I don't have a lot of disposable income or have flexible holidays at work doesn't make me less of a fan; it just means more opportunities to miss seeing the band live :(
    I don't think people appreciate how long travel takes through Scotland. it's a small country, but the roads are crap! it takes around 7 hours to drive from the top of the country to the borders.

in short, I'd just really love to be able to see my favourite band live without having to take 3 days off work to do so (counting travel time).
    like I said though, it seems a bit of an invalid point because of how far people travel for shows! I would too if I didn't live pay check to pay check...
  • -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    -It would be great if you could have the option to buy single ten club tickets...if the demand is very high for tickets and some fans only need one ticket, then this could free up more tickets for other members.

-I would like to be able to post larger images on the forum. The size restriction for images is up to 480 pixels high & 640 pixels wide, is there a way to increase this slightly?

-As mentioned by somebody else, it would also be great if videos could be embedded in posts.

-I would love to see some merchandise for women.
    Eg. nice hoodies, hats (military cap style)
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    Thanks for starting this thread! These are all over the place, in no particular order:

1. Would love another monkeywrench broadcast when the new album comes out. Think about the possibilities with PJ Radio and live video stream on the site!

2. Always liked the idea of the tour the Stones did a few years ago where they played a club, a stadium and an amphitheater in each city. Maybe have one night acoustic in a theater?

3. Fan club only shows-definitely would love more of these if the logistics are there.

4. Any previously unreleased studio material would be great. Song of the month or something like that. "Bushleaguer" with sung instead of spoken verses needs to see the light of day!

5. Vote for Change? DVD/Itunes release would be sweet.

6. More vault releases, more often. Maybe have polls to decide which shows come out? Would love anything and everything from 96 and 98. Bootleg subscription would be most excellent for this. Vinyl for select shows too.

7. If you buy a cd bootleg, get the download code for that show free, instantly.

8. Some sort of official poster collection storage system, whether its a portfolio type thing with a logo on it or some sort of display unit.

9. I, too, miss true "b sides"

10. I liked the poster presale that was done.

11. I also liked the random autographed box sets. More items like that, or with random memorabilia thrown in to first people who order would be sweet.

12. No Code/Yield box set would probably be one of the more sought after items here

13. Meet and greet chances for charity

14. Some sort of rewards points redeemable for merchandise, ticket upgrades, lottery chance, eddie's tambourine, etc

15. Please keep seniority for seat locations intact. Not a huge fan of this lottery (lottery for purchasing), but we will see how this works out. Hometown should be factored in with the lottery system if it is kept. The ticketmaster Canada sale was very smooth, but probably not cost effective for you guys. Etix here in chicago has been pretty good for purchasing tickets (for me anyway). Events sell out VERY fast, but there is no wait time with frozen screens. Putting one show on sale at a time, and maybe have a waiting room are other options that might work. I suppose half lottery, half old on sale method would be too confusing?

I think thats all finally. Basically we want more music, more shows, more PJ in any and every way possible. Thanks for listening (reading)!
  • Indifference10Indifference10 Near Brussels Posts: 34
    Just a few ideas:

- Fan club only shows.
    - Eddie solo bootlegs (on top of my wishlist!)
    - Live streaming (visually).
    - More merch (apparel) for females.

But I gotta say I think 10c is doing a great job allready!
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: London, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: Nijmegen, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Werchter, Amsterdam I & II (Ed solo)
    2013: Chicago
    2014: Amsterdam, Berlin, Werchter
    2017: Amsterdam (Ed solo), Antwerp (Ed solo)
    2018: Amsterdam, Werchter
    2019: Amsterdam I & II (Ed solo), Brussels (Ed solo)
    2022: Werchter, Amsterdam II
  • PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    - Ed bootlegs
    - Ed solo tour in Mexico, Central America and South America. But the 10C members need an advantage to buy tickets.
    - Deep Magazine: more things written by Jeff, Ed, Stone, Mike and Matt. I really liked when Stone shared his favourite books and I love to read Ed's texts.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.