Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    Offer High Resolution and/or Prints of Photographs from the shows.

It's been mentioned earlier in the thread. Maybe you get free access to high res prints if you buy a fan club ticket?

It could cut down on the amount of camera's at shows.
  • PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    Please release a Blu-ray/DVD from the Euro '12 tour-Amsterdam 2, hopefully?? :clap::clap::clap:

Also, please release boots of EV solo concerts-just read the set list for Amsterdam last night and it sounded out of this world!!

And I will echo what so many have suggested-please play some 10c member only concerts at smaller venues.

Many thanks and thanks 10c for the opportunity to make suggestions! :D :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    JMo wrote:

It's been mentioned earlier in the thread. Maybe you get free access to high res prints if you buy a fan club ticket?

Unfortunately i still think idiots would have their camera up the entire time.I seriously don't get why someone would pay that amount of money to see something and then take pictures the whole fn time instead of enjoying it. So stupid. What is with this camera happy/whore generation? Im in my early 20's and can see how lame it is so I expect better from you pjam fans! You are old enough to know better :lol:
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    2 things...

1. I know it would make packaging more costly, but how about using the concert prints as cover art for the bootlegs?

2. I haven't read this whole thread and I'm 100% positive that the PJ20 bootlegs have been brought up. I know this is wishful thinking, but It was mentioned in Kelly's live chat a while back that everyone was worn out after PJ20 and didn't really have much motivation for putting together a video package of the weekend. What if you put it in our hands? I'm an experienced video editor of over 13 years and I know there are other pros out there in the community who would jump at the chance to help put together a fan-produced DVD with official footage. Divide the footage amongst multiple editors and let us have a crack at it. We'd submit credentials/applications, sign whatever confidentiality agreements we would need to sign, and obviously submit any edits for approval. Kinda of a reverse version of the Beastie Boys "Look I Fuckin' Shot That".
  • khunterkhunter Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    Any way TC members could get separate roped off area for this year's upcoming festival shows. Thanks.
    Post edited by khunter on
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    How about some kind of PJ20 artist's weekend vinyl? A compilation album from the entire weekend - maybe a "best of" - akin to the Jack Johnson Kokua Festival album. Maybe deal with the copyright issues for the other artists by making it a benefit album or something?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Re-issue all of the albums on vinyl. No need for deluxe or super deluxe editions, bonus tracks, or remasters.

Just re-issue as they were originally released.

I second this if for no other reason but to cut down on the secondary scalper markets. And even label it second printing or third or forth or whatever. And let this apply to whatever merchandise; the whole collector's item thing, while cool and understandable, is overrated for many us I believe due to the tough economic times. I could care less if an album, poster, or shirt is a fourth printing anymore or whatever. I understand and respect the whole collector's item thing but just don't have the money. But perhaps there's licensing issues I don't understand.
  • riotgrlriotgrl LOUISVILLE Posts: 1,892
    marcos wrote:
    Re-issue all of the albums on vinyl. No need for deluxe or super deluxe editions, bonus tracks, or remasters.

I second this if for no other reason but to cut down on the secondary scalper markets. And even label it second printing or third or forth or whatever. And let this apply to whatever merchandise; the whole collector's item thing, while cool and understandable, is overrated for many us I believe due to the tough economic times. I could care less if an album, poster, or shirt is a fourth printing anymore or whatever. I understand and respect the whole collector's item thing but just don't have the money. But perhaps there's licensing issues I don't understand.

I would also love this. I can't afford huge amounts of money for vinyl and would totally buy a re-issue.
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE
    marcos wrote:

*couldn't care less. ;)

For sure... the PJ market has spun out of control. I think it's time 10C to take some action to curb it, and the best place to start is to reissue all albums (including Benny Hall).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    What a great thread :thumbup: Thanks for doing this and letting us give you suggestions. ;) I certainly don't have complaints, just suggestions. :)

1- I think most ladies here would love some more merch specific to them. I would love to see some nice hoodies for us or even some really nice accessories. Thank you for the bag and shirts you recently put up. ;)
    2- I would love to see the Alpine Bootlegs on here too, really hanging out for those but I'm sure you guys are coming up with something pretty special, which does take time.
    3- I guess I would really like to hear more from the band too. I know they have extremely busy schedules but it would be so exciting to have them post on here in some way or another. People here would appreciate it so much!

Thanks again :)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • SxDx1982SxDx1982 Posts: 124
    I have two things today.

One, PJ needs to take these guys on tour with them http://www.royalbliss.com :D
    ...and two, please come to Finland on your next tour. :mrgreen:
    I'm still out here waiting
    Watching reruns of my life
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    veddertown wrote:
    Great idea. Many ideas that have sprung to mind have been said already and loads of other great topics have been raised. I would love to see something along the lines of Song X from the old Five Horizons site with a download each month, something exclusive like demos that never made it to record. I remember seeing that Bayleaf started out as a PJ song for the Binaural sessions and would love to hear what it sounded like amongst others. I'm sure there are loads of archives of demos, rehearsals, instrumentals, etc that we would relish hearing. There's simply not enough PJ DVD's around either. The only 2 full shows besides Unplugged were both from 2003! PJ could release a SVT type DVD for each album, one like Touring Band for each tour and full shows from every leg of every tour in the goods section and they would sell like hot cakes.

Also it's been 12 years and counting since PJ played in Scotland which breaks our little tartan hearts...
    Please visit our capital Edinburgh and play a stunning show at the castle, the most spectacular surroundings you could imagine and a unique experience for the band as well as us, it's a perfectly intimate 8600 capacity venue that would be hard to match for atmosphere and the welcome would blow you away!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3293/247 ... b98b08.jpg

WOW... That place looks amazing, what a cool vibe that would be to see PJ play there.. I hope this gets noticed.. I would do whatever it takes to be there for that show (or 2)
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• Tboz51Tboz51 Posts: 2,808
    JMo wrote:

This is very difficult to do since they'd have to pay a photographer for their photos...

This would not cut down on cameras or digital video at shows.. the person taking the video or photo doesn't need to go home and down load the free photo... they have it on Facebook in 2 seconds after snapping.
    "Honesty will always be construed as negative to a dumbass"
    :-)
  • CocoyrCocoyr Manila, Philippines Posts: 114
    Create a Forum Titled:
    Let 10c Voice Be Heard
    So 10c can answer or give feedback to all our post. :D
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    has anything been answered?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    riotgrl wrote:
    This is a great idea! I don't have anything new to add but will echo what others have said so you know that a lot of people do want these things to happen.

1. better girls shirts. I don't like the slimmed down version of a man's shirt but would love one that is curvy!

3. 10C only areas for GA. I'm a fairly small girl and all that pushing by those big guys is pretty unnerving so I usually end up staying towards the back.

Two great ideas. I support them.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • faithfullalefaithfullale Posts: 152
    I know it's been said but need EV bootlegs!!
  • green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    PJSEMPRE wrote:
    riotgrl wrote:
    This is a great idea! I don't have anything new to add but will echo what others have said so you know that a lot of people do want these things to happen.

1. better girls shirts. I don't like the slimmed down version of a man's shirt but would love one that is curvy!

3. 10C only areas for GA. I'm a fairly small girl and all that pushing by those big guys is pretty unnerving so I usually end up staying towards the back.

Two great ideas. I support them.

Ditto
  • green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    khunter wrote:
    Any way TC members could get separate roped off area for this year's upcoming festival shows. Thanks.

Yes, this please.
  • regalturboregalturbo Posts: 296
    This might be posted elsewhere, but if so consider this another vote: if you're going to do a ticket lottery, there should be a way for a member to have first dibs on a show in his hometown (or closest venue). Or have a "top priority" when you prepay with PayPal. If I can't get fan club tickets to just one show on a tour when others get fan club tickets to multiple shows, that would suck. Hope that makes sense.
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    marcos wrote:
    *couldn't care less. ;)

For sure... the PJ market has spun out of control. I think it's time 10C to take some action to curb it, and the best place to start is to reissue all albums (including Benny Hall).

Thanks for the correction, but I see you understand as well. Benny Hall was exactly what I thinking but was afraid to say. PJ got me into vinyl and I really started listening and playing it this past year. They can put "fourth or fifth printing, worth nothing" stamped all over it, I just want to listen and play it again & again - spin that circle :D
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,799
    When are we going to see the ALPINE VALLEY BOOTLEGES?

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Any chance of the band touring Asia anytime in the future? A gig in Hong Kong would be nice.
  • iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    edited July 2012
    Spark28 wrote:
    As a Washington State resident, I've always wanted to see regional 10c presales so people are more likely to be able to get tickets for shows near their hometown. So far, I have not missed any hometown shows, but the lottery system scares me when it comes to Seattle shows.

I agree with this. I like the lottery for tickets method, but I think preference should be given to the local people. I would be crushed if Pearl Jam came back to Red Rocks and I got shut out, especially if it was in favor of someone who traveled from a market that Pearl Jam plays quite often.

As someone with a lot of seniority, I also want to keep that system in place. Rewards the long time fans, and helps keep out scalpers who by memberships the year of the tour just for the presales.

I completely agree with this idea. I got shut out of the Vic in 2007, and I was crushed.

(P.S. Aside from that, I've been happy with 10c; thanks for all that you do!)
    Post edited by iamica on
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Here's some ..

- Any plans on making any Pearl Jam Short or Long Sleeve Raglan shirts?

- We love our vinyl. Any thought on making a custom 10club / Pearl Jam Vinyl Box Set for the Christmas Singles?

- Torrents!! Would be treat for the 10club to start on this. To share live music freely (or with the 10club membership) a community where we could share live Pearl Jam audio. The best quality sound that's out there.

- Blu-ray! Or yet, DVD! Our last 10club release PJ DVD was Live @ The Showbox. How about some new (or old) live concerts for us to share in the comfort of our living rooms? A band rich with video content recorded since their first show, it would be a treat to share some of it with their fanclub. You don't need to mass produce the disc (which later are sold @ a Walmart bin for $5 bucks), but make a timed release where fans would be able to place a pre-order. The amount combined is how many could be made for release. Release them on recordable DVDr's. They don't need to be silver DVD discs. Just take the time. Fan's will love it. I can guarantee it! :thumbup:
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    demetrios wrote:
    - We love our vinyl. Any thought on making a custom 10club / Pearl Jam Vinyl Box Set for the Christmas Singles?

i've always wanted to have a vinyl compilation of all the xmas singles
  • SpencerSpencer Posts: 867
    Jack Irons.
  • CocoyrCocoyr Manila, Philippines Posts: 114
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Any chance of the band touring Asia anytime in the future? A gig in Hong Kong would be nice.

Philippines too.
    regalturbo wrote:
    This might be posted elsewhere, but if so consider this another vote: if you're going to do a ticket lottery, there should be a way for a member to have first dibs on a show in his hometown (or closest venue). Or have a "top priority" when you prepay with PayPal. If I can't get fan club tickets to just one show on a tour when others get fan club tickets to multiple shows, that would suck. Hope that makes sense.
    I understand the desire to this, but I don't think it's feasible, plus anyone loving in a place they never go to or those in small or remote towns would totally suffer. Doesn't seem fair to me at all (coming from someone whose city they've played in 10 times).
    norm wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

i've always wanted to have a vinyl compilation of all the xmas singles
    Fantastic idea!!