Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    81 wrote:
    has anything been answered?
    Pretty sure that's not part of the deal.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Awesome topic!

I doubt this has been asked, but if it has, forgive me. I'm not on the forums all that frequently, these days.

I was thinking, it would be really nice if shoppers had the ability to purchase and download individual tracks from bootlegs and albums, instead of entire MP3/FLAC albums, via the PJ store. There's so MUCH, and not all of us have the time/money/obsession to get every available boot. I'd still like to hear the highlights, covers, rarities, etc.
    I know a lot of PJ fans are super, super dedicated and collect everything, or as much as possible, but not everybody does that.
    I have no idea about the logistics of something like this, but I know I'd definitely spend more money on PJ mp3's if I could pick and choose what tracks I was getting.
  • Also, I'm sure nobody's mentioned this one. :mrgreen:

I think we'd all like some kind of release from the PJ20 Weekend concerts.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,822
    For GA shows in Europe, who makes the choice about a second barrier on the floor. Compare Manchester and Amsterdam, for example. Lots of crushing in Manc, but with the 2nd barrier in Amsterdam, a lot less of a crush. I'm guessing it's down to the venue, but I'm sure the band can have an input.

The site login screen: It now asks for my email address and password, when previously it was either my email address OR username. Can the username also be used? I know it's only a little thing.

All in all, everything else is good! :)
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Suziemay wrote:
    I don't know if it's within 10c's control, but I would LOVE for there to be a 10c only area with barricades separating the sections at all GA shows. This made a huge difference in Europe. I have to say, I was kinda terrified of doing all those GA shows in Europe given my first PJ GA experience in the Manchester 2000 (where I alternated between thinking it was the best show ever and thinking I was going to die), but I was pleasantly surprised that for the most part, people were very respectful and courteous other than in Berlin (I went to Prague, Berlin 1&2, Stockholm, Oslo and Copenhagen). I think the difference was Berlin was huge and there were no barricades, so all the people in the back were weaving their way to the front.

10 clubbers for the most part were very respectful and taking care of each other, I really loved seeing that.
    I was going to bring up this exact point. Understandably there's major negotiations to be done with the promoter, but it kills 2 birds with 1 stone - safer for the people in front, AND it's better value for money for membership fee-paying members.

It's rather more a point about safety than the membership thing. I don't care where I am so long as I'm in the venue, really, and where space and numbers permit, I'd prefer for a portion of the general public, the ones who've showed up early in line, to be given access as well.

Point still stands for the times like the London shows when the whole floor is 10c. Put in a D barrier anyway, and when capacity in the D is filled, security to do a 1 in 1 out arrangement (like they did in Stockholm).
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    Eraserhead wrote:
    For GA shows in Europe, who makes the choice about a second barrier on the floor. Compare Manchester and Amsterdam, for example. Lots of crushing in Manc, but with the 2nd barrier in Amsterdam, a lot less of a crush. I'm guessing it's down to the venue, but I'm sure the band can have an input.

The site login screen: It now asks for my email address and password, when previously it was either my email address OR username. Can the username also be used? I know it's only a little thing.

one easy way to find out!
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Eraserhead wrote:

i ask 10c security in charge..he told me they ask from every venue to put the barrier..
    he told me its up to them(venue )to do it or not
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • silvia dpsilvia dp Posts: 31
    Thanks for this great idea!

1) new European Tour very soon, poor Southern Europe (Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal) mainly :lol::lol:

2) separated 10c members area in all the concerts (as during last European Tour). It grants security to the audience and the band can be more relaxed during the show. I heard that Eddie was quite worried in Berlin....
    Furthermore it is a very special moment to meet people of the 10c from all around the world and it is a very nice atmosphere between us.

3) to put on sale some pictures of the band

4) Jeff Ament solo tour. I'm listening While my heart beats and I think that I love it.... :lol:
    You know something's left
    And we're all allowed
    To dream of the next time we touch..
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,060
    Attaway77 wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

WOW... That place looks amazing, what a cool vibe that would be to see PJ play there.. I hope this gets noticed.. I would do whatever it takes to be there for that show (or 2)

+1
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Mikee JMikee J Posts: 1,323
    Firstly, thanks Ten Club for all that you do.... :D

There are many things already mentioned, like the ladies wear and photos of the band.. both of which I agree with. (I'm not a lady but would love to see some of our female fans looking goooood in Pj gear!)

I have an issue which pops its ugly head in occasionally, normally around the time of a release which is "limited". I see there being two types of people who buy these things. The first is the fan who wishes to own something from the band which is special, use it, play it etc etc .... the second is the person who buys these things to sell on for a profit. TenC will be well aware of the astronomical prices things go for (backpack, BS white for example). I am convinced there are many members who join solely for the opportunity to buy these things in order to sell on for ridiculous profit, on the site that shall not be named.

I understand it is hard, if not impossible, to stop people joining but maybe it is possible to try ways to ensure these items get into the hands of the first fan I described before it is sold on eFart for well, silly money.

I am not really giving any solutions to this, just hoping TenC are aware of it and it is discussed at
    10CHQ. I would have loved to buy a White BS, but by the time I had the chance they were all gone and many already on eFart for mega bucks.

I just think more creative ways of getting merch into the hands of real fans is needed.

This is also not an anti-collector post, just a heads up for those of us who want to own merch because we love the band more than our bank balances ;)

Just one last thing, tour merch. Can this always be sold on the site post tour? I stupidly didnt get a tour shirt this year and wish I had, now eFart is the only option again...... :(

Thanks again for the opportunity to be heard.

:D
    "My body's nobody's body but mine"
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,032
    I hate that you have to have a paypal account that is the same email at 10c. My wife and I share a paypal account but both have 10c memberships. Should be able to just enter your CC info on PJ.com when signed in, and if your name gets picked then your card is charged. Keeps all info in house and eliminates the member necessity to have another account to remember

woah...my wife doesn't even have a paypal account but she has a 10c membership and we both get tix on both our memberships so we each can bring a friend or our boys etc. Are you telling me she won't be able to try for PJ concert tix unless she has a paypal account?
  • OkumOkum Vancouver, BC Posts: 231
    Would it be possible to edit posts so that they contain the question and answer so people can see both in the same spot?

If this is an ongoing thread can you delete any random comments or chatter that aren't a question so that people don't have to wade through pages of banter to see what questions have been asked and answered?
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Please don't install any kind of region-regime, i.e. those people living closer to the place of the concert should get better chances at tickets. I think this would prove to be very difficult, especially for Europe, where the closest show for you might not even be in your own country. Also, it further punishes people that live in places that the band never comes to. And the internationality at the gigs is something amazing.

Number 2...after yesterday's show, I completely share any proposals to have EV solo show boots. I would LOVE to able to re-experience this from a professional recording.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Kathi wrote:
    Please don't install any kind of region-regime, i.e. those people living closer to the place of the concert should get better chances at tickets. I think this would prove to be very difficult, especially for Europe, where the closest show for you might not even be in your own country. Also, it further punishes people that live in places that the band never comes to. And the internationality at the gigs is something amazing.

Number 2...after yesterday's show, I completely share any proposals to have EV solo show boots. I would LOVE to able to re-experience this from a professional recording.
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • StereotypeStereotype Maribor, Slovenia Posts: 885
    Thanks for the opportunity.
    The most important thing: Pearl jam - never stop!

I don't have any severe complaints (accept for maybe the troubles one must go through to obtain tickets)...but here are some things I believe could make our experience even more pleasant:

MUSIC & CONCERTS
    1) I think it would be really nice if all of the concerts of the tour would be announced at the same time. Or at least let us know if more will be announced.
    It is fair to fans who go to many shows and book flights and accomodation early to save money (sometimes it is a lot of trouble to re-book).

2) Separate standing sections.

3) I am a vinyl collector and it is my wish to have all of the albums. Is it possible to reissue (repress) some more? I can't afford the ebay prices and I don't want to feed the flippers.

Less important:

4) It would be nice if a 10C ticket would maybe guarantee you a poster of that concert that you could buy online before or after the show (poster tubes when standing are a no-go and after the show most of the merch is gone).

5) Would love to wear tank tops and tailored T-shirts (I have a feeling that the sizes are getting bigger and bigger - it's like wearing a potato bag).

6) Play some countries you haven't in a while, esp. if they are geographically in a central position (looking from east to west and north to south of let's say Europe) esp. if they have the oldest wine vine (hint: Slovenia). http://pearljaminslovenia.tumblr.com/

Thanks for listening, much appreciated.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

• Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Hi There

I'm an antipodean. Seen the boys all over my own country and a few others. My personal observations are this:

1) We pay the most for tickets.

2) We don't get 10C tickets to all shows

Why?

I get that bringing the boys out here is expensive, and doing a major city tour you can't get a tour bus. You have to fly. I understand that. But when there are multiple shows in one city, we only ever get 10C privileges on the first night. Surely it is something that is fixable especially given we pay over USD$100 to see the boys.
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • StefVGStefVG Posts: 29
    Thx for the opportunity to "Let our voices be heard".
    The only thing that matters to me, as already mentioned several times: separated standing sections.
    No complaints at all 10C, keep up the good work!
    Paris/Antwerp/Dusseldorf/Nijmegen/Werchter/Rotterdam/Manchester/London/
    Dublin/Belfast/London/Nijmegen/Werchter/Toronto 1&2/Ottawa/Hamilton/
    Amsterdam 1&2/Werchter/Berlin 1&2/Stockholm/Oslo/Kopenhagen/NY 1&2/Baltimore/Amsterdam 1&2/Milan/Trieste/Vienna/Berlin/Stockholm/Oslo/Werchter
  • StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    great work overall.
    ESPECIALLY THE MUSIC!!!

minor stuff

for example...Order History? Where did it disappear to? The only thing available on my Order History is a recent boot downloaded with a code = Free.
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    I hate that you have to have a paypal account that is the same email at 10c. My wife and I share a paypal account but both have 10c memberships. Should be able to just enter your CC info on PJ.com when signed in, and if your name gets picked then your card is charged. Keeps all info in house and eliminates the member necessity to have another account to remember

THIS. My wife is the one who does the PayPal in our household and it's attached to her e-mail address. I really don't want to have to get a PayPal account just for PJ tickets. It's just another password to forget.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,756
    Apologies if this has come up in the fourteen pages, but as a long time fan, it would be really great to see a "Fans Picks" series with the Vault project.

And if you wanted to start with September 28, 1996 Randall's Island, that would be great. I mean when the music is actually controlling the rain, it should be share, no? Plus Jon Popper on the Harmonica for Even Flow? :corn:
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    I have two very old thermals, one green with a PEARL JAM logo the same as PEARL JAM on the VAULT cd that thermal is a dark green with the embroidered logo in yello. I also have a maroon thermal with a black bomb embroidered on it. very old and tattered, I like the thermals. I also bought a avacado black thermal that I love. being in the midwest, need for thermals so I'd like to see more of them.

I like the baseball jersey concert shirts as well. I like T-shirts but need only so many. any kind of shirt that has a collar or a split in the neck area.

I also got a polyester "bowling shirt" is best I can describe. it's like a bright blue with a strip of white and yellow running down one side. people ask me if I"m going bowling on a team. really any type of wear that is non-t-shirt.

I still have my iron-ons from no code days and the gremmie stickers for windows fromt he VHC box of goodies from that area.

I like the unusual stuff, flip book the guys make, stickers, I love the key chain but used it for 5 years and the links opened, have to repair now, just happy it fell off at my mom's house.

how about a big rimmed hat? like a sunhat? have they looked into rings? watches? whatever the band selects is tasteful enough for me. I'm not suggesting they go crazy and put PJ on everything, whichever way they expand is good for me. i'm also a pen freak and would like a nice pen with PJ on it.

my 2cents! good luck figureing it out! thanks for all you do! love to all PJ siblings!! see you next time!

amy
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Fifi_IrelandFifi_Ireland Posts: 576
    How about getting Barbara to do some of the merch designs?
    She has some amazing pearl jam inspired designs!

http://www.b-drawn.com/shirt-sale/
    168dcfb.jpg
  • Most of this thread is about complaining about tickets, shows, and purchasing procedures ... I have no problem with the new policy and the band tours when it wants to tour, no use in me complaining about it.

However, as a long time 10C member, I would like to see:
    1) Holiday single delivered on time.
    2) Deep newsletter to also be delivered in a timely manner and feature more content from the band themselves.

Does the newsletter have to be mailed in tandem with the Xmas single? No. Holiday single comes in November/December, newsletter can come at any time (spring? summer?), but at least make it a consistent time each year. The last newsletter was laughably out of date.

How can this be done? Seriously, set a schedule. Get Kelly Curtis to impute upon the band to make/decide on a song long ahead of time so it's not last minute, and when they get together, record it (or pick a live version/dig through the vault). I'm sure the planning (and sticking to the plan) will reduce the stress of the 10C, the band, and management and deter the internet hivemind from bombarding you with questions every five minutes. Maybe make ask one of the band members to be in charge of the Deep concept for a year ... one obligation every five years, that doesn't seem so bad. We're all grown ups with obligations and in this thing together, a little consistency would be appreciated.

I think my lack of purchasing apparel/merch gives the 10C the idea that I haven't liked many designs in many years, so my dollars do the complaining there.
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,132
    Thanks for this thread.

I am fine with lottery in the case of EV tickets but not Pearl Jam tickets. Please partner with Ticketmaster for 2013 North American tour tickets like you did with 2011 Canadian tickets.

Please reissue the PJ20 Deluxe Blu-ray set. I will buy it if you do so.

Try to announce a whole PJ tour at once and as far in advance as possible. It helps 10C members choose which shows to attend.

Reissue the Pearl Jam DVDs which are out of print on Blu-ray. I'm thinking LATG, Showbox, etc.

Thanks for all your hard work and for listening to the 10C members.
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,456
    Stereotype wrote:
    Thanks for the opportunity.
    The most important thing: Pearl jam - never stop!

I don't have any severe complaints (accept for maybe the troubles one must go through to obtain tickets)...but here are some things I believe could make our experience even more pleasant:

MUSIC & CONCERTS
    1) I think it would be really nice if all of the concerts of the tour would be announced at the same time. Or at least let us know if more will be announced.
    It is fair to fans who go to many shows and book flights and accomodation early to save money (sometimes it is a lot of trouble to re-book).

2) Separate standing sections.

3) I am a vinyl collector and it is my wish to have all of the albums. Is it possible to reissue (repress) some more? I can't afford the ebay prices and I don't want to feed the flippers.

Less important:

4) It would be nice if a 10C ticket would maybe guarantee you a poster of that concert that you could buy online before or after the show (poster tubes when standing are a no-go and after the show most of the merch is gone).

5) Would love to wear tank tops and tailored T-shirts (I have a feeling that the sizes are getting bigger and bigger - it's like wearing a potato bag).

6) Play some countries you haven't in a while, esp. if they are geographically in a central position (looking from east to west and north to south of let's say Europe) esp. if they have the oldest wine vine (hint: Slovenia). http://pearljaminslovenia.tumblr.com/

Thanks for listening, much appreciated.
    Yes please on reissuing all albums as I've mentioned already of course.

It would be GREAT if the poster situation at GA shows could be dealt with. I really want a poster from Missoula, but I have no clue how I'm going to swing that... I can't be holding onto a poster tube for the whole show - it would just be in the way, and probably annoy people around me too, won't be able to clap, or hold a drink really. So I'm probably not going to be able to buy one (or will have to find some nice person to hold it for me at their seat - just a pain in the butt all around for GA holders). :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • maj4emaj4e Posts: 605
    I don't know if this is the place but:

1. On the landing page can the color of recent forum posts be changed? On large bright monitors the blue is almost unreadable.
    2. I have to click "logout" and re-enter password every time I want to post (for the first time that session)

Otherwise, happy camper and I think you guys are doing a great job.
  • CobCob Posts: 857
    I haven't read every post on here because there are several pages, but I for one am for ANY tickets system that is NOT EVERYONE trying to get online @ the same time to try and purchase tickets, that system just make no sense at all.

Either have mail order (like Grateful Dead used to) or have a list of all the shows on what ever tour and then give fan club members one week to request whatever tickets they are requesting to whatever show, then in a couple of weeks send and email telling people if they got the tickets they requested or not.

I just think having people sitting in front of a computer all @ once trying to get tickets is a BIG MESS and not really practical in 2012, it seems like there are way more (better) options in this day and age to allow fan club members the chance to purchase tickets.

2. A code on every ticket for a free or cheap mp3 download of the show you have the ticket for.

3. An option if you buy a fan club ticket to purchase a poster, you could pay for the poster before hand and then @ the show you could give them a code and pick up your poster like @ will call with tickets.

4. PLAY Texas, New Mexico, OKC, Arizona, etc. COME ON man, they are building a new amphitheater in Austin @ the new F1 track, there's and outdoor venue in Dallas, there's Cynthia Woods Pavilion in Houston, OKC has a good indoor venue where the Thunder play, just play some of these places and ignore us for another 9 or 10 years if you want.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• al86dan89al86dan89 Posts: 4
    Great idea!
    I wish that tickets for shows were still handed out the way they were when you got an email and had to send a money order in for the shows you wanted. That way you knew you were going to get fan club tickets for sure. Both with the problems of hackers on the internet and now with the lottery I have not been able to get tickets unless I go to a ticket broker of someone who has a bunch of tickets on a site like ebay. Does anyone else miss the mail in money order days when you knew for sure you would get tickets?
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    Will some one answer :?:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....