Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Chime wrote:
    Why am I not surprised at you Dunk ;)

i know...i'm sorry :o:D
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    how about cheerleaders with chucks on???

now thats just fuckin weird....

*somebody stroke him from the list*

ehhhhhh what colour are the Chuck's though?? not that i'm interested now though.... pink ones? :o
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    now thats just fuckin weird....

*somebody stroke him from the list*

ehhhhhh what colour are the Chuck's though?? not that i'm interested now though.... pink ones? :o

Stroke?!! you sure? strike surely? :D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    UKDave wrote:

He was obviously thinking about something else at the time : )
    UKDave wrote:

Freudian slip my good man ;)
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Byrnzie wrote:
    He was obviously thinking about something else at the time : )

Chucks maybe.......? catch ya later, lunch time over :(
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    UKDave wrote:

That was what I was thinking, but this is Dunk ;)

Had a look at The Point website and it says capacity can be from 3000 - 8500 depending on seating / standing.

Presume 10C tickets will be seating for seniority :confused:
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Chime wrote:
    That was what I was thinking, but this is Dunk ;)

Had a look at The Point website and it says capacity can be from 3000 - 8500 depending on seating / standing.

Presume 10C tickets will be seating for seniority :confused:

Seating?? Hmmm...I'd rather stand and rock my ass off. i wonder if we'll be able to get the place shaking as much as we did The Astoria??
  • V VV V Posts: 5,191
    shano wrote:
    I believe the capacity is ca. 10,000

Here is some info on the venue http://www.thepoint.ie

sound quality can be hit or miss and the queues for beer, food and toilet facilities are a joke. cannot bring beer into main hall either. still after all those gripes I would crawl on my hands and knees there to see PJ....

thank you :) , maybe i'll come
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    OK i'm just gonna have to wait it out. I'll see if i get tickets in the pre-sale first.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Seating?? Hmmm...I'd rather stand and rock my ass off. i wonder if we'll be able to get the place shaking as much as we did The Astoria??

Yeah I would normally prefer to stand aswell (despite my height) just wondered if 10C tickets as they are usually organised using seniority would be seating?
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • danmacdanmac Posts: 387
    If its seating only with 10c I'm gonna take my chances with ticketmaster.ie.
    I aint sitting with the stiffs again!
    A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects
    are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider
    god-fearing and pious: Aristotle

Viva Zapatista!
    Byrnzie wrote:
    i wonder if we'll be able to get the place shaking as much as we did The Astoria??

*shakes head vociferously*

it's a modern purpose built shed for gigs.... it's too high and cavernous for us to make it go like Astoria.... but we must try!!!! for honour and stuff ???
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I'm definitely going to this one. No ifs or buts.
    I'm definitely going to this one. No ifs or buts.

i was looking for you... HHelen asked me what you you looked like as she thought she had seen you in the queue... i just said you were a "hairy bastard"... but it wasnt you she spoke to obviously.... turns out it was Dave Lee Travis though :cool:
  • shanoshano Posts: 23
    danmac wrote:
    If its seating only with 10c I'm gonna take my chances with ticketmaster.ie.
    I aint sitting with the stiffs again!

I hear ya - fcuk that seating crap! will probably buy the presales in case I miss out on the general sale though...
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it"

George Bernard Shaw
    Rather chop my dick off than sit down at a concert ever again, lets hope 10c don't treat Europeans as children, like they do the Americans. (though I'm sure it's more to do with the venues and city regulations that people have to sit down)
    Athlone, cool place, had a week there 3 yrs back. Abrakebabra, what a name for a kebab house!

Viva Zapatista!
    http://www.mcd.ie/live/fullnews.php3?tname=1040114846&xname=pearljam

The legendary Seattle outfit will play Dublin's Point Theatre on 23 August, 2006, their first in six years.

Tickets for the concert will go on sale this Saturday 29 April from Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide. Tickets are strictly limited to four per person.

information for everyone... UKDave might have problems though as he definitely can't get to a computer saturday morning... looks like you can buy 4 though!!! help each other out with this one guys rather than "relying" on Ebay sharks this time :(
  • shanoshano Posts: 23
    danmac wrote:
    Rather chop my dick off than sit down at a concert ever again, lets hope 10c don't treat Europeans as children, like they do the Americans. (though I'm sure it's more to do with the venues and city regulations that people have to sit down)
    Athlone, cool place, had a week there 3 yrs back. Abrakebabra, what a name for a kebab house!

dunno if I'd go so far as to call it a cool place but I've been in worse towns. It's a very handy base for everywhere on the island. Abrakebabra is no longer there as they are re-developing that whole part of town...probably just as well and many nights on the beer ended with a trip there :D
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it"

George Bernard Shaw
    danmac wrote:
    Rather chop my dick off than sit down at a concert ever again!

bit harsh......... :(
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

information for everyone... UKDave might have problems though as he definitely can't get to a computer saturday morning... looks like you can buy 4 though!!! help each other out with this one guys rather than "relying" on Ebay sharks this time :(

If I can't get tickets in the 10C presale, can someone help me out as well for Dublin and Antwerp? I'm going to a wedding on Saturday and need to be out of the house by 8.00am - tickets won't be on sale yet.

The legendary Seattle outfit will play Dublin's Point Theatre on 23 August, 2006, their first in six years.

Tickets for the concert will go on sale this Saturday 29 April from Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide. Tickets are strictly limited to four per person.

so if the general sale is this Saturday, when is the pre-sale????
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

to support what dunkman said above, regarding tix, if you have a Uk ticketmaster account you can use that to buy tix for gigs in Ireland.
    Handy if you only have switch card and not a credit card!

Viva Zapatista!

10C really need to get their ass in gear for the pre-sale!
    redrock wrote:
    10C really need to get their ass in gear for the pre-sale!

indeed!
    i need to let my parents know so they can get the money together because they're paying for all the shows i wanna go to!

indeed!
    i need to let my parents know so they can get the money together because they're paying for all the shows i wanna go to!

are they looking to adopt any more kids by any chance?
    Im house trained, and come complete with grandkids and a job!

Viva Zapatista!
    danmac wrote:
    are they looking to adopt any more kids by any chance?
    Im house trained, and come complete with grandkids and a job!

i'll put a good word in for you! i'm back at uni tonight so there's a spare room at home. Pics on the way lol!

indeed!

Any show? Anywhere? I want parents like that!
  • E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    I will also probably attend the Dublin show..Thought I`d buy my tickets through 10C..is it easy to get tickets through 10C? First time I will try to get tickets through 10c..
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07

this must be announced very soon... i reckon it'll be wed/thu/fri... its got to be before general release or there could be 10clubbers left out of the whole shebang... :(