Dublin crew!!!

Comments

• ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    redrock wrote:
    Any show? Anywhere? I want parents like that!

Well, when my brother turned 21 they gave him money to go on holiday, which came to £300. So they said i could have the same amount for PJ shows this year. Astoria was only £30 each so that's £60 already gone because my girlfriend joined me. I have money from my student loan and i'm working over summer so i can buy more tickets myself on top of the £240 left over from parents. So hopefully a lot of shows this year!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

this must be announced very soon... i reckon it'll be wed/thu/fri... its got to be before general release or there could be 10clubbers left out of the whole shebang... :(

yeah you're probably right. it's still leaving it quite late though! people have to make arrangements!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    yeah you're probably right. it's still leaving it quite late though! people have to make arrangements!

Fuck it. Make your arrangements now and then worry about tickets after. I can't see anyone not being able to get a ticket for this show.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Fuck it. Make your arrangements now and then worry about tickets after. I can't see anyone not being able to get a ticket for this show.

yeah i might do. I'll leave it until tomorrow just in case we hear anything about the pre-sale!

i've posted this in other threads but check it out:
    http://tmz.aol.com/article2/_a/dust-off-your-flannel-pearl-jam-returns/20060423110009990001

• roubalroubal Posts: 82
    Does anyone know how much the tickets for this one are going to be? Circa 50 euro or more?

I have already booked a flight, so I really hope I can score a ticket for this gig. :)
    roubal wrote:
    Does anyone know how much the tickets for this one are going to be? Circa 50 euro or more?

I have already booked a flight, so I really hope I can score a ticket for this gig. :)

i've no idea yet, hoping it's not that expensive! Astoria was £30 which was great!

• E.BloomE.Bloom Posts: 188
    i've no idea yet, hoping it's not that expensive! Astoria was £30 which was great!

That wasn`t the 10C tickets was it? Another question..the 10C tickets are they released at a certain time? If the sale start for example at 09.00 on pearljam.com I have no idea what the time is in Norway.. that`s my biggest problem;)
    we were but stones,your light made us stars

Dublin 06
    London 07
    Did everyone see these pics from Soonforgotten2?? They are quality!!

http://jeffs-odyssey.livejournal.com/82880.html
    E.Bloom wrote:
    That wasn`t the 10C tickets was it? Another question..the 10C tickets are they released at a certain time? If the sale start for example at 09.00 on pearljam.com I have no idea what the time is in Norway.. that`s my biggest problem;)

if you go to google you can search for a world time converter thing so you can find out what time you need to be online.
    the general sale apparently starts this Saturday but we haven't been told when the pre-sale is! It must be soon!

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Did everyone see these pics from Soonnotforgotten2?? They are quality!!

http://jeffs-odyssey.livejournal.com/82880.html
    They're the best! My favs of the very clear closeups of Eddie!
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    E.Bloom wrote:
    that`s my biggest problem;)

then thats not too big a problem though is it?

you go to a time converter site on google and put in 9.00am UK time and tell it to tell you the time in Norway... do you want me to hold your sandwich on the flight over as well ;);)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • E.Bloom wrote:

GOD Big Fish is a great movie! Cheers Edward Bloom! SkÅL!
    then thats not too big a problem though is it?

you go to a time converter site on google and put in 9.00am UK time and tell it to tell you the time in Norway... do you want me to hold your sandwich on the flight over as well ;);)

Thanks,I`ll do fine..;)

Dublin 06
    London 07
    GOD Big Fish is a great movie! Cheers Edward Bloom! SkÅL!

Big fish is just pure greatness..skål ja!;)

Dublin 06
    London 07
    i'm all for the Big Fish love! Such a beautiful film.

• E.Bloom wrote:
    Big fish is just pure greatness..skål ja!;)

I admit it, I ALWASY cry at the end! AND, I always watch the end credits. Wonder why ;)
    I admit it, I ALWASY cry at the end! AND, I always watch the end credits. Wonder why ;)

i won't even tell you what my mum said when she heard the song at the end. It was NOT good. I felt like crying.

i won't even tell you what my mum said when she heard the song at the end. It was NOT good. I felt like crying.

that`s bad..My mom isn`t a big music fan,but she actually loved MOTH..I think it`s a beautiful song..

Dublin 06
    London 07
    E.Bloom wrote:
    that`s bad..My mom isn`t a big music fan,but she actually loved MOTH..I think it`s a beautiful song..

it was PERFECT at the Astoria. My mother thought it was dull and dreary. How rude!

it was PERFECT at the Astoria. My mother thought it was dull and dreary. How rude!

yeah,that`s kind of rude..;) so you attended the Astoria show..I don`t even bother to ask how the show was.:)

Dublin 06
    London 07
    E.Bloom wrote:
    yeah,that`s kind of rude..;) so you attended the Astoria show..I don`t even bother to ask how the show was.:)

hehe. i'll never be able to do it justice and describe it properly. best night of my life, the band just rocked!

hehe. i'll never be able to do it justice and describe it properly. best night of my life, the band just rocked!

man..I need to get Dublin tickets..I hate waiting..Hope the info will come soon

Dublin 06
    London 07
    E.Bloom wrote:

yeah just keep checking the porch every few hours. the announcement is going to be any day now! general sale on Saturday so it has to be this week!

E.Bloom wrote:

Don't worry about getting your Dublin tickets. The pre-sale will be this week. They'll be plenty of people on this board with spares as they'll more than likely be selling them in two's.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Don't worry about getting your Dublin tickets. The pre-sale will be this week. They'll be plenty of people on this board with spares as they'll more than likely be selling them in two's.

if i miss out and you know of anyone who has a spare, could you put in a good word for me?

if i miss out and you know of anyone who has a spare, could you put in a good word for me?

I have been known for my charm on the odd occasion, so I'll do what I can.
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I have been known for my charm on the odd occasion, so I'll do what I can.

thanks!
    it would be good to see them in Dublin! I went camping with my uncle a few years ago and just remember it being so beautiful.

thanks!
    it would be good to see them in Dublin! I went camping with my uncle a few years ago and just remember it being so beautiful.

Yeah, I've been to Ireland once. Went to Dublin for a few days and then got a bus down to Cork and spent a week there. Don't remember too much about it as vast amounts of Guiness were consumed.
  • spida1998spida1998 Posts: 86
    Ouch....anybody else seen ticket prices for Dublin yet?

From http://www.rte.ie/arts/2006/0424/pearljam.html

24 April 2006
    Pearl Jam to play Dublin in August

Pearl Jam will warm up for their appearance at this year's Reading Festival, and begin their European tour, with a concert in Dublin in August.

They will play the Point Theatre on Wednesday 23 August; it will be their first Irish show in six years.

Tickets, priced from €52.50, will go on sale on Saturday 29 April from outlets nationwide and are limited to four per person.

Pearl Jam's new eponymous album is released next week.

That's £36 without fees, and it does say FROM €52.50.....It'll still be worth it, but even the Astoria gig was cheaper than that, and that was in London!
    London - 29/05/00
    London - 30/05/00
    London - 20/04/06
    Dublin - 23/08/06
    London - 18/06/07
    spida1998 wrote:
    Ouch....anybody else seen ticket prices for Dublin yet?

From http://www.rte.ie/arts/2006/0424/pearljam.html

24 April 2006
    Pearl Jam to play Dublin in August

Pearl Jam will warm up for their appearance at this year's Reading Festival, and begin their European tour, with a concert in Dublin in August.

They will play the Point Theatre on Wednesday 23 August; it will be their first Irish show in six years.

Tickets, priced from €52.50, will go on sale on Saturday 29 April from outlets nationwide and are limited to four per person.

Pearl Jam's new eponymous album is released next week.

That's £36 without fees, and it does say FROM €52.50.....It'll still be worth it, but even the Astoria gig was cheaper than that, and that was in London!

yeah not as cheap as Astoria, but it's still not THAT bad. i'm paying for it!